Mon, Jun 17, 9:06 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser Technical

Welcome to the Poser Technical Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

Poser Technical F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jun 03 6:01 pm)

Welcome to the Poser Technical Forum.

Where computer nerds can Pull out their slide rules and not get laughed at. Pocket protectors are not required. ;-)

This is the place you come to ask questions and share new ideas about using the internal file structure of Poser to push the program past it's normal limits.

New users are encouraged to read the FAQ sections here and on the Poser forum before asking questions.

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Poser 8 Problems with loading some character morphs into Victoria 4

ghosty12 ( ) posted Sun, 13 September 2009 at 11:28 AM · edited Mon, 17 June 2024 at 8:07 AM

Hi just writing to inquire as to what could be causing my problems applying character morphs to Victoria 4 in Poser 8.  The problem I have is I load in Vicky 4 with all the morph++ installed and so on and I find that some of the character morphs I have will not load.  It will have a quick loading text come up but nothing happens.

The strange thing is that this does not happen to all morphs as some others will load in case in point the character morph Vamp: Jayna will load in and do what it is meant to do while character morph RM Lara or RM Evalyn will not.

I am putting it down to how Poser 8 works and how that some of the character morphs were made for Poser 6 & 7 whether this has anything to do with it I do not know all I know that this is a real pain in the rear considering I upgraded from Poser 7 too soon by the looks of it.

Can anyone give me some advice on what if anything there is I can do, any help would be greatly appreciated thank you . :D 

You know you enjoy 3D Art when you realize that your life is a piece of 3D Art. :)

Core I7 8700K, 32GB, RTX 3060 12G, Windows 10 64bit, Poser 9 / Pro 2012 / Pro 2014, Daz Studio 4.20 Pro

grichter ( ) posted Mon, 14 September 2009 at 10:55 AM

Sounds like those might be using morphs created by the artist not the V4 morphs. Make use you in the preferences you have search set to deep. If that does not work, open the pose file and look at the paths and make sure, everything is where it supposed to be for morphs created by artists. Maybe post the path here so we can see it and go from there.

Gary

"Those who lose themselves in a passion lose less than those who lose their passion"

ghosty12 ( ) posted Mon, 14 September 2009 at 11:18 AM

i thank you for your advice the search is set deep and sort of got around the problem of the body morphs by going into Poser 7 and doing all the bits in there and creating a new pose for it.  But the facial pose still refuses to work in P8 even after creating a separate face pose in P7..

Here is the face .pz2 file that is giving the problems.
{
Version
{
Number 4.01
}
//------------------------------------------------------------------------------
// This file was created by 3D Universe Injection Magic
// [http://www.3duniverse.co.za]
//------------------------------------------------------------------------------

// Turn off Inverse Kinematics

figure
{
inkyChain LeftLeg
{
off
}
inkyChain RightLeg
{
off
}
inkyChain LeftArm
{
off
}
inkyChain RightArm
{
off
}
}

// Call morph injection scripts

readScript ":Runtime:Libraries:RMMorphs:RM LaraM:injPHMEyesCorneaBulge-head.pz2"
readScript ":Runtime:Libraries:RMMorphs:RM LaraM:injRM LaraHd-head.pz2"
readScript ":Runtime:Libraries:RMMorphs:RM LaraM:injRM LaraN-neck.pz2"

figure
{
defaultPick BODY
}

// Call morph channel display - UNHIDE

readScript ":Runtime:Libraries:RMMorphs:RM LaraM:showPHMEyesCorneaBulge-head.pz2"
readScript ":Runtime:Libraries:RMMorphs:RM LaraM:showRM LaraHd-head.pz2"
readScript ":Runtime:Libraries:RMMorphs:RM LaraM:showRM LaraN-neck.pz2"

// Set Morph Target Dial Values

actor neck:1
{
channels
{
targetGeom PBMCC_42
{
initValue 1.0000000
keys
{
static 0
k 0 1.0000000
}
}
}
}
actor head:1
{
channels
{
targetGeom PHMEyesCorneaBulge
{
initValue 0.2500000
keys
{
static 0
k 0 0.2500000
}
}
targetGeom PBMCC_42
{
initValue 1.0000000
keys
{
static 0
k 0 1.0000000
}
}
}
}

// For details on this utility and other products by 3D Universe
// Please visit http://www.3duniverse.co.za
}

The thing is that RM Jessi works fine and uses a similar setup to this one I just dont know what I am missing wiith this one.  :(

You know you enjoy 3D Art when you realize that your life is a piece of 3D Art. :)

Core I7 8700K, 32GB, RTX 3060 12G, Windows 10 64bit, Poser 9 / Pro 2012 / Pro 2014, Daz Studio 4.20 Pro

grichter ( ) posted Mon, 14 September 2009 at 11:28 AM

Where in relation to your P8 runtime is the folder RMMorphs. Is it in a different place then the RM morphs for Jessi?

Gary

"Those who lose themselves in a passion lose less than those who lose their passion"

ghosty12 ( ) posted Mon, 14 September 2009 at 12:31 PM · edited Mon, 14 September 2009 at 12:35 PM

Both the RM LaraM morph folder and RMJessi morph folder are together in the main RMMorphs Folder under the the Libraries folder where they were extracted the files too.

As I created a separate V4 Characters Runtime Folder on another drive, though now coming to think of it there are about 5 or so install options with Poser 8 I may reinstall again to see if it changes things but if so why do some morphs inject and others don't.

I thought to that may have been it but lo such luck, out of the 6 RM products I bought only RM Jessi works as it is supposed too.  Why the others don't work in P8 still has me stumped.

grichter ( ) posted Mon, 14 September 2009 at 2:12 PM

If both sets of morphs are in the same place....if it finds one set it should be able to find the other. 

I am on a Mac and all my runtimes are on my boot drive, but I have read about issues of runtimes  being on other drives relative to PC's. That would be the next thing I would consider testing.

I would suggest filing a bug report with SM. 

Gary

ghosty12 ( ) posted Mon, 14 September 2009 at 10:29 PM

Hi and thank you for helping me out have solved my problem.

grichter ( ) posted Mon, 14 September 2009 at 10:33 PM

Glad you got it solved.

Gary

ghosty12 ( ) posted Mon, 14 September 2009 at 11:18 PM · edited Mon, 14 September 2009 at 11:19 PM

Thank you, yeah turns out that there is a problem with Poser 8 in that if the extension is .PZ2 then P8 refuses to use it, if it is .pz2 then it works go figure that something so simple could cause so many headaches. :D  

grichter ( ) posted Mon, 14 September 2009 at 11:23 PM

Supposed to be fixed on SR1, so they say. Reported that the first day I had P8 myself

Gary

shadownet ( ) posted Thu, 22 October 2009 at 5:22 PM

I ran into the same thing testing for a friend.  Changing ext from upper case to lower case solved the load issues. :O)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.