Sat, Jun 1, 1:50 AM CDT

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 May 31 6:38 pm)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Content Advisory = Automatic Boost in View Count?

L8RDAZE ( ) posted Sun, 01 March 2009 at 5:11 PM · edited Mon, 23 October 2023 at 1:30 PM

Ok, I've been a member here for quite awhile.  I don't get  a lot of views on a regular basis. Most times I barely scratch the 50 mark.  I don't participate in the well known, much talked about "comment game" either, so it knocked me for a loop when I posted a photo yesterday (Saturday) using the "language" advisory for the first time and my view count suddenly sky-rocketed to almost 170+ as of today!  Are members actually viewing the images or is there some sort crazy EBOT... out there.. locked in on the keywords...NUDITY, VIOLENCE, and LANGUAGE?

Makes me wonder what exactly is going on here and how skewed the "MOST VIEWED" rating actually is.

Anyone else notice this and feel the same?

Thx
Joe

agiel ( ) posted Sun, 01 March 2009 at 5:19 PM

Of course.... media outlets such as FOX News and Tabloids have been using that effect for years :)
The same applies to Hollywood movies or Pop Music for example.

Things are a lot more popular when they contain Sex, Violence and Language.

The real question is : do you want your work to be popular ? or do you want it to be quality work ?

It is great when the two coincide (i.e when quality work is recognized and becomes popular) but very often, you will find popular work is not necessarily of the highest quality.

L8RDAZE ( ) posted Sun, 01 March 2009 at 5:36 PM

Agiel,

Appreciate you chiming in on this! 😄

No, as I said...not into the THAT game, just like to share my stuff.  Again, because I don't get many views or comments...this was REAL noticeable.  I didn't HAVE to use language in my posting, but it was the emotion I felt related to the photo...it needed to be said in my opinion...that's why I flagged it as such.   

agiel ( ) posted Sun, 01 March 2009 at 5:42 PM

It is particularly interesting since, if you look at the Most Viewed gallery for example, a lot of images there are flagged as 'Nudity' and in fact, contain very little or no nudity at all.

thefixer ( ) posted Mon, 02 March 2009 at 2:24 AM

Noticed it a long time ago, every time I flag nudity on my images, boom, hit count goes up by 3 or 4 times the normal amount.
I put it down to a lot of pre pubescent teenagers on the site!

Injustice will be avenged.
Cofiwch Dryweryn.

ThunderStone ( ) posted Mon, 02 March 2009 at 6:57 AM

Or a lot of curious George and Georgette. :tongue2:

Got to be careful, tho... Used too much and the surprise will boomerang.

===========================================================

Poser: Poser 11.3 ...... Units: inches or meters depends on mood
Bryce: Bryce Pro 7.1.074
Image Editing: Corel Paintshop Pro
Renderer: Superfly, Firefly

9/11/2001: Never forget...

Smiles are contagious... Pass it on!

Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.