Sat, Jun 1, 12:18 AM CDT

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 May 27 10:13 pm)

Subject: Vue 7 Inf - lens glare issue

CraigMunden ( ) posted Fri, 07 November 2008 at 9:45 AM · edited Fri, 31 May 2024 at 10:54 PM

file_417382.jpg

Hi folks,

I'm very impressed with Vue7 so far - much more responsive, amazingly fast renders compared to Vue6. But I don't know if anyone has spotted this yet?

I'm getting very obvious artifacts when using the 'lens glare' post-render option.

Here's a very simple render to show the problem, hope I upload properly.

Rutra ( ) posted Fri, 07 November 2008 at 12:54 PM

I'm not sure what you mean by artifacts, I think you're talking about the horizontal lines just below the sun, on the building. Yes, tried it now and I have that too in Vue 7. But... I also have the exact same result in Vue 6. Do you notice a difference between both versions?

CraigMunden ( ) posted Fri, 07 November 2008 at 1:46 PM · edited Fri, 07 November 2008 at 1:48 PM

file_417398.jpg

I don't think it was very obvious before - I resized the image in a hurry, took out most of the detail.

There's a definite difference between the two - more noticeable in some scenes than others.
I'll try to upload both versions of another scene.

First, the Vue 6 version ...

CraigMunden ( ) posted Fri, 07 November 2008 at 1:47 PM

file_417399.jpg

And the Vue 7 version ...

Rutra ( ) posted Fri, 07 November 2008 at 2:06 PM

Ah, I see. Yes, that doesn't look good. I think you should send a ticket to e-on, this definitely seems like a bug.

CraigMunden ( ) posted Fri, 07 November 2008 at 2:21 PM

I will do Rutra - thanks for comfirming I'm not going mad  :)

GaryMiller ( ) posted Fri, 07 November 2008 at 3:03 PM

A stupid thought, but would a higher render setting solve this?  When I do a quickie render using preview, sometimes my lights look liket his.  But in final and above, the artifacts disappear.

CraigMunden ( ) posted Fri, 07 November 2008 at 3:23 PM

Thanks Gary, I gave it a go.

But ... in the renders above I was using custom render settings that gave good results in V6.
Just tried it in Ultra, Broadcast, Superior, etc - and even Preview (shudder!) - all gave the same results during the post-render pass.

Ah well, it's not even taken the edge off Vue7 - so nothing to worry greatly about.
I'm off to submit a ticket to e-on.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.