Fri, May 17, 11:18 AM CDT

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 May 16 11:59 pm)

Subject: Anyway to invert the noise material?

7/8'sIrish ( ) posted Sat, 24 December 2005 at 12:40 PM · edited Tue, 14 May 2024 at 5:50 AM

I am trying to make a metalic paint and would like to inver the noise node so it is the spots that get highlighted, could another maths function do it?

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Sat, 24 December 2005 at 2:56 PM

file_313786.jpg

Invert like this?

7/8'sIrish ( ) posted Sat, 24 December 2005 at 3:21 PM

Yes now can this be connected to the noise node?

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Sat, 24 December 2005 at 3:27 PM · edited Sat, 24 December 2005 at 3:27 PM

Sure. Just plug the noise node into Value_2. I only used the tile node as an example, so you could clearly see what the math node was doing.

You can use this trick to invert image maps, also. Or raytraced reflections. Or pretty much anything, for that matter.

Message edited on: 12/24/2005 15:27

7/8'sIrish ( ) posted Sat, 24 December 2005 at 3:49 PM

thanks you have helped out often- I appreciate!

Casette ( ) posted Sun, 25 December 2005 at 1:59 AM

bkmrkd Nice trick :)

CASETTE
=======
"Poser isn't a SOFTWARE... it's a RELIGION!"

diolma ( ) posted Sun, 25 December 2005 at 3:00 PM · edited Sun, 25 December 2005 at 3:03 PM

file_313787.jpg

Hi Irish,

Just an idea that you might like (since it doesn't involve numbers, just colours).

Instead of using the "Math Functions" node, you can use "Color Math".
Does much the same thing, but can sometimes be easier to visualise.

Inverting an image (Color Math; subtract image from white). See above...

Cheers
Diolma
(and happy Xmas)

Message edited on: 12/25/2005 15:03

diolma ( ) posted Sun, 25 December 2005 at 3:08 PM

file_313788.jpg

And that can lead to other interesting possibilities... Subtracting from a Colour... (BTW: Just using Turbulence as an example - almost ANYTHING can be plugged into the Color Math node, same as the Math Node as Little Dragon explains. In fact almost anything can be plugged into any other node. There are very few restrictions..) Cheers, Diolma (and a Merry New Year)

7/8'sIrish ( ) posted Sun, 25 December 2005 at 3:43 PM

wow thanks both of you I am starting to see potential for nodes I previously had nothing to do with!

Acadia ( ) posted Thu, 09 February 2006 at 4:19 AM

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

dxrs0 ( ) posted Mon, 04 August 2008 at 2:40 AM

Thanks for this one.  I asked all over and everyone said it couldnt be done.  I had the trouble of a backwards alpha map.  I just needed to flip it, and was told the only way was to take it into photoshop.  Will work on this tech tomorrow. 

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.