Mon, May 20, 7:00 PM CDT

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 May 20 5:34 pm)

Subject: Daz studio on Vista

CHK2033 ( ) posted Sun, 16 March 2008 at 4:36 PM · edited Tue, 05 March 2024 at 5:15 AM

2 days ago my poser 7 on vista (same old song ..lol) started acting like crap,very slow to select anything ..ect..
I have heard everything from you need more memory ..but that doesnt apply (I have 4 gigs of ddr2 ram ) Graphics card (have a 512mb pci express card) basically the system is actually over kill for what Im doing ..and still poser does not work the way it did on XP with less resources!
So anyway Im thinking about trying out daz studio and just wanted to know how was this program acting with Vista.
thanks in advance.

carlos

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

HP Zbook 17 G6,  intel Xeon  64 GB of ram 1 TB SSD, Quadro RTX 5000 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

gollygee ( ) posted Tue, 18 March 2008 at 2:08 PM

Me personally , I like Daz/Studio. I have a lot of fun with it. Mostly I set up a charactor or object to export to my Bryce 5.5 . D/S has many good features, I have not as of yet rendered a scene in D/s .

grylin ( ) posted Sat, 22 March 2008 at 5:12 AM

Attached Link: http://market.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?vendor=grylin

yes daz studio is good:)  and things are easier to control as well. like lights,  etc. the rendering is also good i think. and it usually goes faster than in poser,(so ive read).and exporting to bryce is easy too:) good luck:D

dvlenk6 ( ) posted Sat, 22 March 2008 at 11:05 AM

Quote -  Did you say "delay in selecting parts"?That's the ATI graphics card.

Go to Users/user account/AppData/Roaming/Poser 7 and edit the Poser.ini file in a text editor and replace
PREVIEW_OGL_OBJECT_BBOXPICKING 0 
with 
PREVIEW_OGL_OBJECT_BBOXPICKING 1

Hopefully there will be a driver update from ATI to fix this soon.

Stewer (Stefan Werner) wrote that in the Poser forum about the same type of problem that you say you are having.

Friends don't let friends use booleans.

grylin ( ) posted Sat, 22 March 2008 at 11:17 AM

im such a  dizzzybrain:P  * hopes my reply gets removed* not supposed to post links/ads hereee. but yeahh. i did,,,....:(

dxrs0 ( ) posted Tue, 25 March 2008 at 7:51 PM

I am running P7 and D|S 1.8 on a vista.  and depending upon the complexity of the scene and if I have cleaned up my caches and other little pesky space eaters everything runs fine.  I love d|s cause its easy to work.  And was alot easier to learn than Poser.

soulripper ( ) posted Thu, 27 March 2008 at 10:40 AM

As mentioned, it will run fine in Vista. As long as you keep things tidy for the most part. I suggest getting a good file shredder and use that to eliminate files and not the usual recycle bin. The recycle bin dies NOT delete the file, it just makes that space free to 'write over'. A shredder completely deletes the file with no traces and frees up the disc space with no 'ghost' file left-overs.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.