Tue, May 21, 2:20 AM CDT

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 May 19 9:23 pm)

Subject: Poser 7 and Vista

roissy ( ) posted Mon, 24 March 2008 at 12:32 PM · edited Mon, 01 April 2024 at 10:11 AM

Is anyone else having problems using Poser 7 and Vista.  It takes me forever to select a part of the body to move.  Plus the program crashes or fails to respond with great regularity.

Does anyone know any fixes short of goung out and buying a copy of XP to load.

stewer ( ) posted Mon, 24 March 2008 at 12:48 PM

Let me guess - ATI card? Search in the threads from the last few weeks, there's a flag you can set in Poser's prefs file to work around a driver issue.

Gareee ( ) posted Mon, 24 March 2008 at 1:01 PM

set boxpicking=1 in the poser ini file.

Way too many people take way too many things way too seriously.

roissy ( ) posted Mon, 24 March 2008 at 1:23 PM

where do I find the ini file?

dxrs0 ( ) posted Mon, 24 March 2008 at 2:07 PM

Other than the occasional stall, but that is only cause my graphics card needs to be better than the chipset one.....I havent had any trouble with P7.  Well also user error might play into that too. LOL.

Gareee ( ) posted Mon, 24 March 2008 at 2:07 PM · edited Mon, 24 March 2008 at 2:11 PM

The most recent ati drivers have all sorts of opengl issues.. Lightwave also exhibits weird issues.

To fiind the poser.ini, browse here:

c:users/ (you) /appdata/roaming/poser7/poser.ini

(Of just use the search function in windows to locate it.. LOL!)

Way too many people take way too many things way too seriously.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.