Sat, Jun 1, 4:18 AM CDT

Welcome to the Challenge Arena Forum

Forum Moderators: Deenamic

Challenge Arena F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 May 31 11:50 pm)

Welcome to the

Challenge Arena

This forum is dedicated to learning, creating and pushing yourself to meet the
challenges that have been posted by other members of Renderosity.

Hope to see you here!

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Cake1's May challenge

cake1 ( ) posted Wed, 30 May 2001 at 4:20 PM ยท edited Mon, 08 January 2024 at 11:30 PM

I repost the challenge in a new post cause it's easier to find here than lost in all other posts. """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" D I R T Explanation : Forget the shiny chromes and gold, the beautifull glossy lips, the lighting skin tones, and let's make some dirt. It's on my opinion one of the hardest thing to do in 3d, and the more realistic effect when well done. I don't mean dirt literaly, i mean a render which is not as clean as it is MOST OF THE TIME. Use bumps, use textures, use lights, use imagination, just use whatever you want, but let's have some soiled materials for a while. """"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" Reminder : There is 3 challenges this month. TRLee's challenge Stranger Aeons 's challenge Cake1's challenge The choice is up to you have fun Cecile

MikeJ ( ) posted Wed, 30 May 2001 at 4:37 PM

Sounds good (again) to me; I'm glad we have so much variety this time 'round! Now, DIRT, I can do--- literally and figuratively.... :)

cake1 ( ) posted Wed, 30 May 2001 at 4:41 PM

smile... I can't wait to sse that, Mike..

Mesh_Magick ( ) posted Wed, 30 May 2001 at 5:25 PM

you could also use a trans map of a fog texture to achieve a dirt effect too.

masterinsane ( ) posted Thu, 31 May 2001 at 12:05 AM
MrWyatt ( ) posted Thu, 31 May 2001 at 10:30 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=57302&Start=1&Sectionid=7&WhatsNew=Yes

Just posted my answer to your challenge cake1. Is that dirty enough?

Foxhollow ( ) posted Fri, 01 June 2001 at 9:43 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=57541&Start=1&Sectionid=7&WhatsNew=Yes

How did I miss THIS one??? ...one of my favorite subjects!!

duesentrieb ( ) posted Fri, 08 June 2001 at 3:13 AM

I'll be having some dirty thoughts at the weekend... ;-)

agiel ( ) posted Sun, 10 June 2001 at 11:26 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=59669&Start=1&Artist=agiel&ByArtist=Yes

file_175660.jpg

Here is a candidate for the challenge. (Follow the link for the full image). The scene was made entierely in poser and vue d'esprit. Photoshop was there only for color correction and 'grain' effect.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.