Tue, May 28, 8:02 PM CDT

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 May 28 7:15 pm)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: e-bot notification still not working

roobol ( ) posted Tue, 26 September 2006 at 5:33 AM · edited Fri, 26 January 2024 at 4:57 PM

Several members who favourited me (pardon my English :-) informed me that they didn't receive any notifcation for the last 3 images that I posted, despite having notification turned on. Is this a service that no longer exists, and if so, any chance of having it re-installed? Many thanks in advance for your help on this issue.

http://www.roobol.be

StaceyG ( ) posted Tue, 26 September 2006 at 11:03 AM

Can you site mail me the names of the members that didn't get the ebots so I can research this for you?

Thanks

roobol ( ) posted Tue, 26 September 2006 at 12:09 PM

Hi Stacey, thanks for your reply. Site mail has been sent.

http://www.roobol.be

wabe ( ) posted Wed, 27 September 2006 at 7:44 AM

I am one of those and i am very annoyed to be honest. This should not happen. Full stop.

One day your ship comes in - but you're at the airport.

romanceworks ( ) posted Fri, 29 September 2006 at 8:06 AM

Ebots seem to be very sporadic last several days. I am also not getting notified of posts from Fav artists, as well as comments, favs, etc, for my gallery uploads. I seem to recall Clint saying something about the ebots being held up for as long as 24 hours if the newsletter goes out. Is that what's going on or is it some other problem? Carol

svdl ( ) posted Fri, 29 September 2006 at 10:51 AM

One of my favorite artists, papachile, posted an image over an hour ago. I happened to notice it on the first page of the galleries when I checked in.

No ebot.

The pen is mightier than the sword. But if you literally want to have some impact, use a typewriter

My gallery   My freestuff

svdl ( ) posted Fri, 29 September 2006 at 11:22 AM

Just received the ebot, together with an ebot of a new image by the same artist.

One ebot delayed for over an hour, one ebot receved within minutes of the post.

What the @#$@#$ is going on?

The pen is mightier than the sword. But if you literally want to have some impact, use a typewriter

jwiest ( ) posted Fri, 29 September 2006 at 1:02 PM

I've noticed my e-bots have been rather sporadic as well, and unfortunately haven't had the time to scan the gallery to see if I've missed anything.  But some are certainly coming late, some nearly by a day I suspect.

John

StaceyG ( ) posted Fri, 29 September 2006 at 1:26 PM

I'm looking into this and will let you guys know when I get some information about the sporadic ebots.

svdl, this might be because the one artist that you received the ebot an hour later might have lots of members that have them on their favorites, whereas the other artist might have only had a few. Just one possible reason for that delay.

Thanks

Lenord ( ) posted Fri, 29 September 2006 at 3:23 PM

This crap with the ebots has been going on for a couple days now. I just got an ebot for an image posted 30 hrs ago and 10 min later one for the same artist that had just posted again. Also 2 ebots for comments that had been posted on an image of mine that I posted yesterday. I have found at least a 1/2 dozen of my fav artists posts by browseing the galleries that I still have not gotten ebots for. It is definately more than a little annoying and I do hope someone is working on this problem.

Len

Remember...No matter where you go there you are

romanceworks ( ) posted Tue, 03 October 2006 at 9:43 AM

I had the ebots return for a day or two and now they seem to be held up again. Not getting any notice for gallery postings. I'm wondering if ebots are going to be delayed every week in lieu of the newsletter. CC

Lenord ( ) posted Tue, 03 October 2006 at 10:15 AM

Mine were back for a couple of Days also but now they are screwed again too. I even started my own thread in hopes of getting an explaination or at least a response. Zip, don't think TPTB care.

Len

svdl ( ) posted Tue, 03 October 2006 at 10:18 AM · edited Tue, 03 October 2006 at 10:19 AM

Quote - svdl, this might be because the one artist that you received the ebot an hour later might have lots of members that have them on their favorites, whereas the other artist might have only had a few. Just one possible reason for that delay.

If this is correct, it would mean that n separate emails get sent out for an upload by an artist that is on n members' favorite list. Which would be a ridiculous way to program the ebots - much better to collect all e-mail addresses the ebot must be sent to, and then compose one single email with multiple "To" entries. Much less load on both the mail system and the database.

williamsn ( ) posted Tue, 03 October 2006 at 11:05 AM

svdl, We compose one single email that is sent to all of the addresses simultaneously. The exception to this is that if there are more than 100 members who have an artist on their favorites, it will get broken up by 100s. So, if 500 people had me on their favorites, it would send out 5 emails with 100 addresses each. However, for the most part, this really only improves things for the sending application. The mail server is still responsible for connecting to the domain of each destination email address and sending to that address so, yes, it can take longer to send to for an artist who has been favorited 100s of times rather than one whose only been favorited a few times, regardless of the fact that we only send out one email per 100 recipients. N

-Nicholas

wabe ( ) posted Tue, 03 October 2006 at 11:13 AM

I just an hour ago got an ebot about a new thread in the Vue forum i watch. It only took a day to make it to me. Same with some gallery ebots - took more than a day to arrive here. Not really high speed i would say.

One day your ship comes in - but you're at the airport.

Lenord ( ) posted Tue, 03 October 2006 at 1:43 PM

I don't care how many ebots were sent where, when it takes 30 hours to get a notice on something you might as well put a Stamp and let yer Uncle handel it.

Lenord ( ) posted Tue, 03 October 2006 at 6:22 PM

10 mins ago I got the notice that SVDL posted a response on this thread, long enough?

svdl ( ) posted Tue, 03 October 2006 at 8:14 PM

Nicholas,

I'm not surprised. I was pretty sure the ebot problem lies somewhere else.

romanceworks ( ) posted Wed, 04 October 2006 at 12:20 AM

Huh? Sorry, I didn't understand the ebot explanation at all. We've had hundreds of members put us on their favorites list. Is this why we aren't getting any ebots, and at best, very late ebots. Or does your explanation apply to when we post and the ebots notifying others we've posted taking longer to arrive. This is very confusing. All I know is my favorites are posting and I'd like to see and support their art but I'm not getting notified. CC

romanceworks ( ) posted Wed, 04 October 2006 at 6:02 PM

Day two ... no ebots. It is really very upsetting what is going on, and not going on, with gallery ebot notification. Are you going to fix it?

StaceyG ( ) posted Wed, 04 October 2006 at 6:15 PM

Are you saying "You" haven't been getting ebots, or some members that have you on their favorites list aren't getting their ebots when you upload a new image or both?

Thanks

artgum ( ) posted Wed, 04 October 2006 at 8:20 PM

Stacey/staff:

I rarely have problems with Rendo mail/ebots notifications (had a RR email address for about 2 years now), but these folks are right- I'm getting bots days after someone posted on an image, and I sent some test mails both directions through here to my other addresses- some took 1/2 hour or better, some 15 min. This is certainly unusual.

Paul

StaceyG ( ) posted Wed, 04 October 2006 at 8:36 PM

Thanks, we will let you all know as soon as we isolate the problem here.

romanceworks ( ) posted Thu, 05 October 2006 at 6:58 AM

Stacey. I'm not gettig ebots from anyone on my favorite artist list (over 80 on my list(, and havent't for several days now. also not getting notified if someone posts to this forum. Because of the sporadic ebot problem I haven't posted to the gallery for weeks now, so I don't really know if notification would go through. Carol

StaceyG ( ) posted Thu, 05 October 2006 at 10:13 AM

There were some changes to the mail server so can you all please let me know from today on if these ebots problems continue.

Thanks

romanceworks ( ) posted Fri, 06 October 2006 at 12:00 AM

Still no ebots today - this will be the third day.

romanceworks ( ) posted Fri, 06 October 2006 at 9:00 AM

Not receiving any ebots whatsoever from galleries or forums, only the newsletter. CC

StaceyG ( ) posted Fri, 06 October 2006 at 10:06 AM

Okay romanceworks, let me  check your specific ebot info.

I'll get back to you shortly

romanceworks ( ) posted Fri, 06 October 2006 at 3:22 PM

Thanks - I am also not receiving notification when one of our products sells.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.