Sat, Jun 1, 5:38 AM CDT

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 May 27 10:13 pm)

Subject: Wood Textures for Vue

LMcLean ( ) posted Wed, 15 March 2006 at 9:02 PM · edited Thu, 19 October 2023 at 6:48 AM

Anyone know where to get high quality seamless wood textures for vue. I have seen the ones at Cornucopia but am looking for others. Also, is there a tutorial somewhere on how to make these?

thundering1 ( ) posted Wed, 15 March 2006 at 9:33 PM

You could try www.doschdesign.com and get some of theirs. There's also http://www.3dtotal.com/textures/ As far as making them yourself, grab a digital camera on a cloudy day - I'm gonna give you an example for a tree - although I have a feeling you're talking about maybe something like wood floors? Set up a tripod, and just circle the tree, photographing the entire circumference - or as much of it as you feel needed. In PS, stitch them together into one image. Once that it stitched, go to Filter>Other>Offset. Choose some fairly significant pixels both vertical AND horizontal - maybe put the edges in the middle? Now, with whatever tools you want - usually the Clone (rubber stamp) tool or the Healing Brush (the band-aid looking tool) you can sample other areas to get rid of the hard lines - NOW it is tileable without edges! Once you have the photographs of whatever it is (wood, metal, rocks - whatever) you want to make a texture, THIS is how you make it tileable. Good luck and have fun- -Lew ;-)

chippwalters ( ) posted Thu, 16 March 2006 at 2:24 AM

Here are 2 good sources for you:

Wood Workshop

Tony Lynch Desings GREAT Wood Tutorial for Photoshop

Hope you like 'em :-)

bernieloehn ( ) posted Thu, 16 March 2006 at 4:59 AM

Attached Link: http://lemog.free.fr/lemog_v5/index.php?cat=0

Please have look here. The site is in French. But you will find the greatest textures! Scroll down the site! Happy vueing! ;-) Bernie

Keep cool and fight for the right of others
to have a different opinion than you have!

;- ) Bernie

DigitalCelt ( ) posted Thu, 16 March 2006 at 12:17 PM

H2Odog has some good ones in the free section

bruno021 ( ) posted Thu, 16 March 2006 at 6:40 PM

Wood workshop, mentioned above is the best you'll get. And it's free.

FuzzyVizion ( ) posted Thu, 16 March 2006 at 11:04 PM

For the lemog French site, click the button 'rechercher' or choose your language and click 'search' then type 'bois' it gave me 100 wood textures... I don't know if they all tile seamlessly but it looks like many of them do.

FuzzyVizion ( ) posted Thu, 16 March 2006 at 11:23 PM

better yet, just click this http://lemog.free.fr/lemog_v5/index.php?cat=4 great stone textures.. and some skies too. cool

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.