Fri, May 31, 11:37 PM CDT

Welcome to the Photoshop Forum

Forum Moderators: Wolfenshire, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photoshop F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 May 31 3:55 pm)

Our mission is to provide an open community and unique environment where anyone interested in learning more about Adobe Photoshop can share their experience and knowledge, post their work for review and critique by their peers, and learn new techniques while developing the skills that allow each individual to realize their own unique artistic vision. We do not limit this forum to any style of work, and we strongly encourage people of all levels and interests to participate.

Are you up to the challenge??
Sharpen your Photoshop skill with this monthly challenge...

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Painting blood...

JMFx33 ( ) posted Thu, 06 March 2003 at 12:12 PM · edited Thu, 16 May 2024 at 10:06 PM

file_49008.jpg

Okay, I'm not the photoshop buff but I've used it for about two years...but not seriously. I need to create a blood puddle or like an effect of dried blood underneath my friend Matt's body. I've posted a pic for an example I'd like to work around...Thanks for any help! Jordan

Andini ( ) posted Thu, 06 March 2003 at 3:45 PM

file_49009.jpg

This is all I came up with...if it's what you're looking for...I'll tell you how. It's more of a stain that a puddle. Sorry for the semi-unrealism. I did it in a rush.

retrocity ( ) posted Fri, 07 March 2003 at 12:39 AM

file_49010.jpg

Poor Matt.....

;)

kinda quick but is it close to what you had in mind??

:)
retrocity

SeanE ( ) posted Fri, 07 March 2003 at 2:01 AM

but that's just me...

Cinema1954 ( ) posted Fri, 07 March 2003 at 11:24 AM

file_49011.jpg

Here's more of a puddle approach...

Annie

JMFx33 ( ) posted Fri, 07 March 2003 at 9:03 PM

Thanks guys, but what Cinema was doing is just about what I want to do...how? :)

Cinema1954 ( ) posted Fri, 07 March 2003 at 10:34 PM

Make a new layer and draw the outline of the puddle, filling it with red, add a bit of noise and a slight gaussian blur. Use the burn tool to put some highlights on the near edge of the puddle. Duplicate the original image on two layers, one above and one below the puddle layer, and cut away the top image to reveal the puddle beneath. Use the dodge tool to place some shadows from the body on the puddle, then reduce the opacity of the puddle layer slightly to give a little bit of transparency.

Annie

gremli9 ( ) posted Sat, 08 March 2003 at 8:36 AM

file_49012.jpg

sorry if i posted this twice, didnt see it come up the first time only a quick go but more ideas to try. i added a new layer, drew the puddle then used layer -> layer style to add a smooth inner bevel. then used the smudge tool to smudge the edges. turned off that layer, added a layer above it then used to eye dropper tool to pick the colour of the shadow from the original layer then painted it on the new layer. im thinking there may be a way to paint the shadow on useing the history brush or clone tool (? anybody)but i cant think of it this late (or early)

loosaloo ( ) posted Sun, 09 March 2003 at 10:11 AM

YUK! now I have seen it all.....even though it's not real that gross :-)

karosnikov ( ) posted Sun, 11 July 2004 at 11:50 AM

file_49015.jpg

here's my shot @ it.

bikermouse ( ) posted Wed, 14 July 2004 at 1:40 AM

retocity, Wow! in just a few quick brush strokes too - when I first saw that I was a little shocked at how it caught my eye and how well it fooled me for just a moment. Neat trick! Thanks! - TJ

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.