Adobe Lightroom Mobile Brings Professional-Class Photo Tools To iPad
April 8, 2014 10:42 am
Creative Cloud Photography Program Now Includes Photoshop, Lightroom and Lightroom Mobile for $9.99 per Month; Seamlessly Syncs Edits Between Mobile and Desktop
SAN JOSE, Calif. —Adobe (Nasdaq:ADBE) today announced the availability of Lightroom mobile, a companion app to Lightroom desktop software, only available as part of Adobe Creative Cloud. The new Lightroom mobile app brings powerful Lightroom tools to the iPad, delivering photography essentials – such as non-destructive processing of files – and utilizing new Smart Preview technologies to free professional-class photo editing from the confines of the desktop. Lightroom mobile is built on a powerful synchronization architecture, designed specifically for photos, and provides the most efficient way to manage and edit images across desktops, mobile devices and the Web.
Lightroom mobile is available as part of the Adobe Creative Cloud Photoshop Photography Program. For USD$9.99 per month, photographers have access to Lightroom 5 and Photoshop CC on the desktop as well as Lightroom mobile on iPad.
"With the launch of Lightroom mobile, we’ve unlocked professional-class photographic workflows from the confines of the desktop,” said Winston Hendrickson, vice president products, Creative Media Solutions, Adobe. "Lightroom and Photoshop redefined digital photography on the desktop and now, photographers can perfect images, wherever they are and, via Creative Cloud, seamlessly synchronize them back to their desktop catalog.”
Lightroom mobile and the photography optimized synchronization architecture puts the powerful tools from Lightroom 5 at photographer's fingertips, including:
- Sync mobile edits, metadata and collection changes back to the Lightroom catalog on a Mac or Windows computer
- Automatically import images captured on an iPad and sync back to a Lightroom catalog on the desktop
- Work on images, even when your iPad is offline, for a truly portable experience
- Sync photos between Lightroom 5 and Lightroom mobile; synced photos can also be viewed from any Web browser
"Adobe Lightroom mobile transforms the way I am able to work with my photographs because now I can review and process photos when I'm comfortable and creative, and not just when I’m at my computer," said Jeff Carlson, educator and author of The iPad for Photographers and Adobe Lightroom mobile: Your Lightroom on the Go. "It also works as a malleable photo portfolio on my iPad. As I add or remove images from a collection in Lightroom mobile or on the computer, the changes stay synchronized. When I need to show my work those photos are already set up to be viewed."
Pricing and Availability
The Photoshop Photography Program (USD$9.99 per month) includes Lightroom 5, Photoshop CC, Lightroom mobile and a public portfolio site through Behance. Any members of Creative Cloud complete plan or Photoshop Photography Program automatically receive access to Adobe Lightroom mobile. Lightroom mobile is immediately available for iPad 2 or later running iOS 7, from the Apple App Store and requires Lightroom 5.4 for Mac or Windows.
For information about product features, upgrade policies, pricing and language versions, please visit: www.adobe.com/go/lrmobile.
About Creative Cloud
Creative Cloud is a rethinking of the entire creative process and an industry-defining shift in creative expression and inspiration, where members can explore, create, publish and share their work across devices, the desktop and the Web. With Creative Cloud membership, users also have access to: a vibrant global creative community; publishing services to deliver apps and websites; cloud storage and the ability to sync to virtually any device; and new products and exclusive updates as they’re developed. Membership plans start from as little as $9.99 per month.
- Lightroom mobile video: Unlocking Photography from the Desktop
- Lightroom mobile video: Tutorials with Julieanne Kost
- Lightroom mobile blog
- Lightroom mobile product video
- Lightroom mobile on Adobe.com
- Get Started with Lightroom mobile
About Adobe Systems Incorporated
Adobe is changing the world through digital experiences. For more information, visit www.adobe.com.
Please note: If you find the color of the text hard to read, please click on "Printer-friendly" and black text will appear on a white background.
Please take a moment to join Renderosity's Newsletter List to receive news and information from Renderosity!
- Vote for the August Artist of the Month!
- Gallery of the Week for June 25, 2018 - Objects Gallery
- Interview with Artist of the Month - Nikolais
- Artist of the Month for January, 2018 - NIKOLAIS
- Gallery of the Week for Nov 13, 2017 - Photography Gallery
- News of the Week for Nov 6, 2017
- Artist of the Month for September, 2017 - Sossy
- Renderosity Gallery of the Week for August 21, 2017 - Weapons Genre