|Lil and Jen's Excellent SIGGRAPH
Adventures Follow Lil and Jen as they take you on a
first-class adventure into this year's SIGGRAPH conference
Day One ... Sunday July 31, 2005
- Lil and Jen arrive in LA from Tennesse. Checking into the hotel
... they find that they need "More Power" and get upgraded to a
room with zooming Internet connections.
- Even waiting for the bus was fun. Hey, its LA, and the girls
are on a "working holiday."
- At the conference, they make their way down the hall to get
their press passes. But, alas, the press registration had already
closed for the day ... [Note for next year's conference in Boston
... get press passes upon arrival]
- Arriving at the Graphics Convention Mecca, they made their way
past the jet-fighter and into the Art Show. Where they either
encountered very dynamic and interactive works of art, or
experienced extreme jet-lag.
- In the Emerging Technology Event Lil and Jen were joined by a
visitor from outspace ... [possibly the driver of the jet-fighter
they encountered earlier?].
Encounter of the Quasi Kind [.mov file]
[Hint ... The folks from Carnegie Mellon were absolutely marvelous
by giving Lil and Jen a personalized video introduction to "Quasi"
an interactive robot built by grad students at Carngie Mellon.
Quasi was very cool and totally cute ... but that's what I heard
that Lil says about all the men from outer-space]
- No ... not THAT strange encounter of the 3rd Kind ...
Watch the movie to see who the girls' encountered!
- After a long evening of meeting and greeting, Lil and Jen head
off to dinner at the Stinking Rose. Oooohhh...the fellow
attendees are going to hate them tomorrow. Word is out that they
ate lots of garlic!
- Rumor was that they were spooked at the Stinking Rose by
a rather unsavory statue character passing itself off as a
"fertility god." Naturally they got out of there as fast as they
- Then it was back to the hotel. Where they changed rooms ...
again, on their endless quest for an even better Internet
connection, so they could continue to share the fun with all of
- The bonus for "getting" their story off the Internet ... you
don't have to be near them after the 40 cloves of garlic chicken
Be sure to drop in tomorrow to Catch the further Excellent
Adventures of ... Lil and Jen The "R'Osity Roving