The Member of the Month for November, 2017, is
animajikgraphics has been a member of Renderosity since 2003. That's 14 years of commitment to our community. Bravo, animajikgraphics!
As someone who got started in Flash animation and then graduated to 3D via Poser, animajikgraphics is a talented and prolific artists. His SpaceCat animated series is on-going with a new episode coming out in December, 2017
Animajikgraphics spoke to us about his work and future plans. Be sure to visit his Renderosity gallery to view more of his excellent work! And check out the links at the end of the interview for info on his animated series.
Interview with Animajikgraphics
Tell us about your Space League project.
Animajikgraphics: "SpaceCat" is the Adventures of Commander Buck and his partner Lt Pizmo. Their mission is to protect The Space League and its citizens from evil-doers and cat-astrophy. Set in a universe and time apart from our own, The Space League is the glue that binds the peace in the SpaceCat universe with a coalition of planets and alien cultures all very different from each other. SpaceCat is an on-going web series at http://thespaceleague.com, currently in production is SpaceCat 6 - "The Machine Wars" Part 3 which is set to debut on December 15th, 2017.
How did you get into digital art and animation?
Animajikgraphics: I started "SpaceCat" and digital art back in early 2000 with a simple flash animation and has evolved to a 3D animation in Poser and later in Daz Studio. The whole concept of cats in space started with my love of both Sci-Fi and cats (not necessarily in that order)
I had a traditional animation background using pencil, ink, and paint (I still have my animation disk to this day) and did a lot of titling and short films, but the costs of producing an animated project were much too expensive (cels and film stock) and extremely time-consuming to do.
I now use a variety of tools to create "SpaceCat", starting with writing the script, voicing the characters, mostly by myself and using some talented voice artists, such as Bryan Pike, an Austrailian voice actor. I use Daz Studio for rendering in multiple passes for characters and background and foreground elements, then composite and color-correct these in After Effects CC and assemble the finished scenes in Premiere Pro CC and do my final sound work in Audition CC
What got you interested in Renderosity?
Animajikgraphics: I was fascinated by the marketplace and the sheer number of cool assets I found here. I've been a member here for quite a while and have quite a number of the favorite artist whose products I use all the time.
What are your future projects?
Animajikgraphics: I currently have 3 shows I do per year, one being "SpaceCat" and also, "Secret Agent Cat:009 Lives" and currently running now is "The Attack of the Baby Ducks" on FatCatAlley.net. I plan to animate some scripts I've had on the back-burner in 2018.
Anything you'd like to add before we close?
Animajikgraphics: Animation is a vehicle to tell the stories I have floating in my brain and will continue to do so until that well dries up or I do! :)
- Video with story of SpaceCat : http://thespaceleague.com/tsl/story/
- Main website: http://fatcatalley.net
- Space Cat site: http://thespaceleague.com
- Secret Agent Cat:009 Lives site: http://009lives.com
- The "Tales of the Pancreatic Duck" and "Attack of the Baby Ducks" site: http://pancreaticduck.com
Be sure to visit animajikgraphic's gallery to see more of his work!
- Member of the Month for February - Soffy
- Interview with January Member of the Mont - Wolf359
- Member of the Month for January - WOLF359
- Interview with Dec Member of the Month - Jules53757
- Member of the Month for December 2018 - Jules53757
- Interview with Member of the Month - SEAHORSE
- Member of the Month for November - SEAHORSE
- Interview with Member of the Month - Erogenesis
- Member of the Month for October is erogenesis
- Interview/Video Gallery for September Member of the Month, Erock3D