Sun, Jun 2, 12:31 AM CDT

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jun 01 3:00 am)

Subject: Face room alignment tip

TalleyJC ( ) posted Fri, 11 October 2002 at 7:26 AM ยท edited Fri, 31 May 2024 at 3:11 AM

This may seem obvious but I thought I'd pass it along. In an effort to be rid of the evil alien Judy, I was working in the face room. As you know, only small percentages of the population have symetrical faces. So when you take your digital photo to use in the face room you could be frustrated by trying to get things lined up. Before going to the face room, open your picture in Photoshop or other package and crop off half the face (lengthwise) then copy and flip the remaining half. This will give you a symetrical face that will line up more easily. You can then use some of the morph feature like coronal shear and eye height disparity to restore the person's flaws.

wdupre ( ) posted Fri, 11 October 2002 at 8:04 AM

excellent tip!

noggin ( ) posted Fri, 11 October 2002 at 8:18 AM

It may seem obvious but I guess most of us hadn't thought of it_ and I don't think CL but it in the manual as a tip (hurries of to check he hasn't made a prat of himself online) It a great tip anyway _ now-which is my best side!!

TalleyJC ( ) posted Fri, 11 October 2002 at 9:07 AM

If you use your own face, you'll be amazed how warped your own head really is. The other thing that struck me is how differently you look by just flipping the image... You are so used to seeing yourself in a mirror that when you flip the pic back and forth, you really notice the difference between how you see yourself as opposed to how others see you. The other thing thats interesting is that you can see how you might look heavier, thinner, older, or even asian.

noggin ( ) posted Fri, 11 October 2002 at 12:49 PM

"you'll be amazed how warped your own head really is" Na not really_ people are always telling me that!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.