Sat, Jun 1, 1:25 AM CDT

Welcome to the Poser 13 Forum

Forum Moderators: nerd, RedPhantom

(Last Updated: 2024 May 31 8:11 pm)

Subject: Poser 13 needs an Internet connection?

blackbonner ( ) posted Thu, 25 April 2024 at 10:33 AM · edited Mon, 27 May 2024 at 2:17 PM

Hi, just a quick question that might be answer in the FAQs at Poser Software or in the specifications for the software.

Is an Internet connection necessary for working with Poser 13, updates and new content aside?

Background of my question is that I can't upgrade to Windows 11 or 12 because of the hardware requirements and have to stay on Windows 10.

The idea is to use Windows 10 even after the support has ended.

To be on the save side I considering the options to go offline with Windows 10.

The rest of the software I'm using runs fine without Internet, but I think I remember Poser 13 has to connect to the home server once in a while to verify the serial number.

Is that so?

Thanks!

EVargas ( ) posted Thu, 25 April 2024 at 11:11 AM

Yes you are correct. From time to time (I think something like a week) the P13 needs internet to allow use.

It happened to me once, where I couldn't use it right away, I had to wait a while, but it was because I hadn't opened it for many days and my home internet went offline exactly when I needed to use it.

Store | Website

"Art exists so that reality does not destroy us" - Friedrich Nietzsche

blackbonner ( ) posted Thu, 25 April 2024 at 11:23 AM

@EVagas

Thanks, not what I wanted to hear, but better save then sorry.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.