Sat, Jun 1, 5:18 AM CDT

Welcome to the Poser 13 Forum

Forum Moderators: nerd, RedPhantom

(Last Updated: 2024 May 31 8:11 pm)

Subject: Black lines in superfly render

Festiwebtele ( ) posted Fri, 29 March 2024 at 8:03 AM · edited Fri, 31 May 2024 at 1:58 PM

Hi everyone, I am making a movie with poser 12. Everything goes well, but I decided to try Poser 13. At first, no problem, but something went wrong on my last scene. (see images). At first, I thought that was bcause of the distance (a lttle far away of X and Z =0) But that dont make sense, because the character was at the same position of the previous scene and everything was ok. I try almost everything ; free the ram, reload, save PZ 3 again, reload the file in poser 12 and save again and try...again with poser 13. Nothing works. So I am back with poser 12. Someone, has an idea of what went wrong ?dnM7vlMREo31m1LqBLvD5j2xRHhidT4EnMdJSayn.pnggYyDuBv4zmIu2oF9E9i4ZpaFWBmvydm36lwXGLdg.png

ChromeStar ( ) posted Fri, 29 March 2024 at 10:37 AM

It looks like it's just on the character's skin, so probably a shader problem. Can you post a picture of the material for the character, for the arm, face, or neck?

Festiwebtele ( ) posted Fri, 29 March 2024 at 11:22 AM · edited Fri, 29 March 2024 at 11:22 AM

Sure.Thanks. It work well with Poser 12, but may be it's too simple for P13.fU78EIj5irroRcbwOlaTtV9aIFktvEO1cOUVnKsw.jpg

hborre ( ) posted Fri, 29 March 2024 at 12:06 PM

The problem with the old skin shaders is that the creators continue using old hacks and outdated channel connections that are no longer appropriate for Superfly or Firefly  rendering.  Aside from unticking the Reflection_Lite_mult box, I would try disconnecting the Gradient_Bump channel or reducing its value to 1 or lower.

The other recommendations I suggest are disconnecting the color texture from the Specular_Color connector (should use a grayscale map for that) and reducing both the Diffuse_Value and Specular_Value values (0.85 and 0.5, respectively).

Keep in mind, some of those material shaders are very old and are no longer valid in the current Poser iteration.  There have been changes between P12 and P13 to correct problems that were always there since the beginning.

RedPhantom ( ) posted Fri, 29 March 2024 at 12:29 PM
Site Admin
I've had that issue with the bump being too high. drop it way down. My default is usually 0.3, but experiment.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

Festiwebtele ( ) posted Fri, 29 March 2024 at 1:49 PM

Thanks Guys! The poser community is really great ! I'll check in my library to find a newer M4 maps and try it in Poser 13 again.

ChromeStar ( ) posted Fri, 29 March 2024 at 2:48 PM
You could also use a PhysicalSurface base node instead of PoserSurface, plug the image map in to that. If the bump map is actually a bump map, plug it into the bump node and give it a reasonable value like 0.01-0.08, set the roughness somewhere around 0.5. Sometimes the maps are just fine but the node settings were the weird part, and PhysicalSurface does a better job especially if you are using Superfly.

Festiwebtele ( ) posted Fri, 29 March 2024 at 5:47 PM

Thanks you a million time ! It's now ok!x1Kg6i84P9AYKX70zk0epyWaeVD1IUOo6Mx3qs3N.jpg

Festiwebtele ( ) posted Fri, 29 March 2024 at 5:48 PM

Here,s n9J01U9vMrttZMmLltmmyWUuMbst4lQQg1vuB9PS.pngthe result :-)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.