Mon, May 13, 12:47 PM CDT

Welcome to the La Femme 2 Forum

Forum Moderators: Kalypso, CreatorJacqueline

(Last Updated: 2024 May 12 3:41 am)

Subject: sweater don't conform

drawn ( ) posted Sun, 24 March 2024 at 7:00 PM · edited Sat, 11 May 2024 at 10:07 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

ok, I just re-read the previous dialogue we had about this subject, conforming dynamics to LF2 girl, and attempted to be Dudley do-right, but you can see what happens. what have I not done?

U9n2v4s93GNBV57CDNhCw5HmZlPLqQI2PSNXMSta.png

PuSW361Qqbju1YJ0Y3dCUmJLypLwikqIVLOGpPYD.png

BpnVwOyM8TKGTlH0UrV1S378BCa1oNfF10L95Wt8.png

RFreise ( ) posted Sun, 24 March 2024 at 7:11 PM

Not sure but it looks like the  yTran is not correct.

hborre ( ) posted Sun, 24 March 2024 at 8:03 PM

Exactly, what are you trying to accomplish?  I see a LF2 sweater and the LF2 to LF1 Prefitter prop.  It appears that you want to fit the sweater to LF1.  Technically, you cannot run a simulation using 2 props.  Use the prefitter to copy the morphs to the sweater, replace the Prefitter prop with the LF1 Figure, then setup and run the simulation.

drawn ( ) posted Mon, 25 March 2024 at 9:39 AM · edited Mon, 25 March 2024 at 9:39 AM

actually, she's an lf2 figure, so I tried to conform her first, then tried the tool, which at first had wrong pose, I corrected pose, then loaded sweater on and tried to conform, no work. then I went to cloth room, clothified sweater, put her in first pose, then second, slightly different, and ran sim.  sweater dropped off.

YXLK1uE7zRxJXRcROZtxn5Vjr75eZ1fjs34FxNdY.pngExob9KBwmKsIxud6QMoCBSeK6Ju3JzSKpZUrZje7.png

I know they look alike but top is first position and second is frame 30, but that's what happened.

drawn

DeeceyArt ( ) posted Mon, 25 March 2024 at 10:06 AM

In Section 2 (Cloth Objects), make sure you set it to collide against La Femme 2. That's why it's falling through.

drawn ( ) posted Mon, 25 March 2024 at 1:26 PM · edited Mon, 25 March 2024 at 1:26 PM

ah, setting collisions with LF2 did help on the first frame, but it didn't by frame 30, which I detailed as last part of sim. why don't I seem to comprehend what's going on?

drawn

kUeJQbciHa4T0WV2OwcMEqzi5dZl1vxPEM5dFx60.png

fHHZ0fHJQJYkgQehHiHcIHxrhIF8z0SrCStY69Se.png

hborre ( ) posted Mon, 25 March 2024 at 1:42 PM

That first frame shows a poke-through from her right arm.  Did you run the simulation?  Posing LF2 in frame 30 will not force the dynamic clothing to automatically follow the movement.

drawn ( ) posted Mon, 25 March 2024 at 2:09 PM

"That first frame shows a poke-through from her right arm.  Did you run the simulation?  Posing LF2 in frame 30 will not force the dynamic clothing to automatically follow the movement."

ah, ok, I will run the sim again...what do I put at frame 30 to prove it's conformed?

drawn ( ) posted Mon, 25 March 2024 at 2:18 PM

it falls apart. I don't know how to do it right. please someone given me a step by step guide that I can follow.

load sweater first and then put girl in? I dunno.

drawn

hborre ( ) posted Mon, 25 March 2024 at 3:48 PM

I purchased the LF2 sweater and jeans set on sale to test it in the Cloth Room.  I ran a simple simulation, starting with the basic pose in frame 1 and ending in frame 30 with the same pose you used in your sim.  As far as I'm concerned, everything working as it should.  The results are below.

O9sezLIgSg9lCBvWQdwzOSEOiL4DrdRTHJi05oex.png

A major problem I am seeing in your sim is her hair.  Are you accounting for the hair in the simulation?  That might be causing simulation failure.  Normally, I run simulations first without any additional content and then create the scene in the final frame of the simulation.

hborre ( ) posted Mon, 25 March 2024 at 3:53 PM · edited Mon, 25 March 2024 at 3:53 PM

La Femme 2 with dynamic sweater and jeans.  Same simulation.  I see no problems.

k2RI2m9rFBUsTA0vlzCY46lyByrdkMS8nYMTFpUl.png

hborre ( ) posted Mon, 25 March 2024 at 4:20 PM

Everything LF2 is sporting in this render is dynamic, the sweater, the jeans, and the hair.

PFxO9XY1KV3srbjlUgiqpLFEVN7P6AfSXeYfR9NG.png

We need to pinpoint where you are having problems.  You have been reluctant to share your simulation setup, and it is difficult to determine how, where, and why your problems are continuously repetitive.  Do a series of screencaps of what you are doing in the Cloth Room, from basic setup to final pose.  Capture images of all the open panels and what you are doing in each.  Document your procedures, otherwise, you will continue repeating the same mistakes.  You should have results similar to those posted above by now.

RedPhantom ( ) posted Mon, 25 March 2024 at 5:04 PM
Site Admin

I agree. Show us a step by step of what you've done, both a description and screenshots, including the whole of Poser. We can tell you 100 times how to use dynamic clothing but if you're missing something we can't help you unless we can see the problem. Beginning and end results aren't enough to show that.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

Tipol ( ) posted Mon, 25 March 2024 at 5:09 PM
hborre posted at 3:53 PM Mon, 25 March 2024 - #4482857

La Femme 2 with dynamic sweater and jeans.  Same simulation.  I see no problems.

k2RI2m9rFBUsTA0vlzCY46lyByrdkMS8nYMTFpUl.png

Thank you hborre for purchasing my set. I also don't understand what's going on, his screenshots show improbable things I've never seen, I can't figure out how to help him.

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Mon, 25 March 2024 at 5:51 PM

I see your scene is called "Untitled" - are you working without saving your scene beforehand? 

Poser is known for failing simulation calculations on unsaved files, it tends to get confused on where to save temporary files needed by the simulation. Save first before having it calculate the simulation.

(sorry if this went twice - I sent the comment, and then it didn't appear for me, so I typed it out again.)

- - - - - - 

Feel free to call me Ohki!

Poser Pro 11, Poser 12 and Poser 13, Windows 10, Superfly junkie. My units are milimeters.

Persephone (the computer): AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, RTX 3070 GPU, 96gb ram.

hborre ( ) posted Mon, 25 March 2024 at 5:54 PM

You're welcome.  LF2 was threadbare of clothing in my runtime.  This is a nice set of dynamic clothing, my compliments to you.  

As for drawn's problem, I noticed he has a hairpiece colliding with the sweater's sleeve.  If he isn't accounting for that, I suspect the simulation fails when the sleeve collides with the hair.  I usually run my simulation on an empty scene and add my props at the end frame of the simulation.  It's a better way to troubleshoot with minimal items in the scene.

hborre ( ) posted Mon, 25 March 2024 at 5:56 PM
Afrodite-Ohki posted at 5:51 PM Mon, 25 March 2024 - #4482865

I see your scene is called "Untitled" - are you working without saving your scene beforehand? 

Poser is known for failing simulation calculations on unsaved files, it tends to get confused on where to save temporary files needed by the simulation. Save first before having it calculate the simulation.

That's a good point to bring up, although I have run many simulations without saving files.  But I will keep that in mind next time.

Tipol ( ) posted Tue, 26 March 2024 at 2:36 AM
hborre posted at 5:54 PM Mon, 25 March 2024 - #4482866

You're welcome.  LF2 was threadbare of clothing in my runtime.  This is a nice set of dynamic clothing, my compliments to you.  

As for drawn's problem, I noticed he has a hairpiece colliding with the sweater's sleeve.  If he isn't accounting for that, I suspect the simulation fails when the sleeve collides with the hair.  I usually run my simulation on an empty scene and add my props at the end frame of the simulation.  It's a better way to troubleshoot with minimal items in the scene.

This is the right way to go about creating a scene with dynamic clothing, start with the character, clothes, hair then pose and simulation. You must of course record it at this stage. We can now parent the clothes to the character if this is not done originally (the Poser technicians advised me to do so and from now on all my future dynamic clothes will be parented to the character). Once the simulation is done by positioning yourself on the last frame and selecting the character globally you can move it in the scene, so you can then create the scene and position the character in it as you want provided you do not move separately the elements of the body.

drawn ( ) posted Tue, 26 March 2024 at 11:52 AM

WOW! I'm learning sooo much from you people. thanks.

drawn

hborre ( ) posted Tue, 26 March 2024 at 1:31 PM

The question is whether you have learned enough to figure out where you are going wrong with your setup?  We still haven't solved your major problem, and you haven't provided any additional information to pinpoint where you are going wrong.  Until you demonstrate that you can perform cloth simulations confidently, we are only running around in circles.

drawn ( ) posted Tue, 26 March 2024 at 6:05 PM · edited Tue, 26 March 2024 at 6:05 PM

0k, I dpcumented all. with only jeans

MsEwd5PRMoJySjMamKFPZn6tUDvFm7S6NrGrK5i9.png

BaeUn8rIXV9S0uj7E8tM4OKJTBk48nexXYtNI1y6.png

tvlUu8frluB5erFfcZcofacJKcZkLYLJTfvYeRaW.png

5SKji8pXtC2cuV1LpD2hZgB1qhGFc4i6BzFq4VEl.pngENNazNsHghISfdj70qjuyYBkGe27RfEaH2JEbWAy.png

4ZIktJkYIuGFBSp9mOn4pCFiAQQDrAjHNaLRrobW.png

R9ReRinv1rZnisp1ig1snq5F46dwLD1uKtP21yF6.png

l7nniqjbHFCawXbDYRF3r83xmqruXQPmZgNdnLGB.png

frame 30, first frame looked ok, but how check?

drawn

RedPhantom ( ) posted Tue, 26 March 2024 at 6:19 PM · edited Tue, 26 March 2024 at 6:20 PM
Site Admin

You didn't exactly show us the whole page like we asked. we have no idea what frame she's posed at.

Try changing your drape frames back to 0.

Also don't have the jeans collide with themselves in the collision list. Uncheck that.

And at no time do you say you clicked on the calculate simulation button. The cloth room doesn't do the simulation to follow the figure until you do that.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Tipol ( ) posted Wed, 27 March 2024 at 1:30 AM · edited Wed, 27 March 2024 at 1:31 AM

You do not need to fill in "cloth draping", here you just have to check "cloth self collision", do not tuck the pants into the simulation only the character. Then to start the simulation you must click on “calculate simulation” at the top right.

1sXnqxrk7PkJ6MDKJOCPN5vxzyzdsGptJwGZI5RA.PNG

drawn ( ) posted Wed, 27 March 2024 at 5:24 AM

hmm, so much I missed..I do not, for ex. see "calculate simulation" I see calculate drape, which I thot was same...

u7HtXgVVP4pq2cNC9GidokcE0hYBh2vm9PCJS1CT.png

and I didn't realize you were asking for a screenshot of the entire page.  

"Try changing your drape frames back to 0."

you mean instead of changing drape frames to 30, right? ok,

thanks folks!

drawn

Tipol ( ) posted Wed, 27 March 2024 at 5:38 AM

that's it, at all "calculated the drape" does not help you, leave this part at zero like I showed you, to launch the simulation you simply have to click on "calculated the simulation" as I showed you.

RedPhantom ( ) posted Wed, 27 March 2024 at 7:57 AM
Site Admin

The calculate simulation isn't in the Simulation settings pallet (the one you posted in your last post) It's in the Dynamic controls pallet. It looks like this

And should be on your window by default.

drawn ( ) posted Wed, 27 March 2024 at 8:34 AM · edited Wed, 27 March 2024 at 8:34 AM

I can't find Dynamic controls anywher I have a dynamic group but thaT DOESNT contain controls. (I was once a highly paid typist, can you believe that now?)

XVFd0xuefrRzWen37MXdPmyqeOQLUbvOkVuFFcXd.png

RedPhantom ( ) posted Wed, 27 March 2024 at 8:59 AM · edited Wed, 27 March 2024 at 8:59 AM
Site Admin

Here's what the factory default looks like

if it was closed for some reason, you can reopen it under the windows menu

drawn ( ) posted Wed, 27 March 2024 at 11:10 AM · edited Wed, 27 March 2024 at 11:10 AM

found it where you said, ah!

SWHRNNK4fnmRWIcJy1hIMOLjDJVuuYcWqmgbB5kn.png

drawn ( ) posted Wed, 27 March 2024 at 11:28 AM

yay! that was what I missed! n0w I'll try 0thers

ApO4Rk69UpKpQV3uI90L5yOIbYwxffT5GyWTtX6E.png

hborre ( ) posted Wed, 27 March 2024 at 12:08 PM · edited Wed, 27 March 2024 at 12:08 PM

Now, the missing piece of the puzzle has finally been found.  That is why it was so important to establish a work path for every detail in the process.  If we weren't insistent about showing us screencaps, we wouldn't have solved the problem.  Consider this an important lesson, and document your workflow for future referrals and improvements.  The old phrase 'Practice makes perfect' makes sense; repetition is necessary to achieve proficiency.

The screenshot below demonstrates the use of the Cloth Room to dress Victoria 4 with the same LF2 Sweater, despite being a completely different model from another era.

agUDw215ltT8EawlNy1LYOxpJIHQ5IfPReichRu0.png

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Wed, 27 March 2024 at 2:02 PM

Just adding a bit of info: you CAN set up simulations after loading hair. But you have to be sure that the hair is DESELECTED in the Collide Against menu, or it will take forever to calculate, explode the clothing or flat out crash Poser. If it's a prop hair, it will be automatically selected when you select the figure it's attached to - you have to go in that menu, find the hair and deselect it yourself.

- - - - - - 

Feel free to call me Ohki!

Poser Pro 11, Poser 12 and Poser 13, Windows 10, Superfly junkie. My units are milimeters.

Persephone (the computer): AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, RTX 3070 GPU, 96gb ram.

drawn ( ) posted Wed, 27 March 2024 at 3:09 PM

thank you profoundly. all!

drawn

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.