Sun, Apr 28, 5:49 AM CDT

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Apr 28 3:20 am)

Subject: Moroccan Blue Man Outfit & dForce Simming

DocPhoton ( ) posted Mon, 11 March 2024 at 10:20 PM · edited Sat, 27 April 2024 at 2:31 PM

I picked this item up when it went on sale.  It's a dForce set of wardrobe, but when I set it up with the defaults, it's as if a dForce Wind is present.

https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-moroccan-blue-man-outfit-for-genesis-8-males

Searching for current info is futile. Nothing recent certainly & mostly complaints that the Head scarf didn't have a morph to reveal to face.

Not a problem for the character I chose, kind of a "blue" man to begin with, and having just his eyes & hands seen adds.

https://www.daz3d.com/zackyr-for-ollie-8

I got a pretty decent sim by futzing with the settings & using a "counter-acting" Wind, but curious why it's happening in the first place mostly.

Anyone have this outfit?

GGreen ( ) posted Tue, 12 March 2024 at 5:20 AM

I do, but I have not had any problems with it. Will load and check back with you later.

DocPhoton ( ) posted Tue, 12 March 2024 at 11:34 AM

No hurry, but I appreciate that.

DocPhoton ( ) posted Tue, 12 March 2024 at 1:26 PM

Just tested with a default Gen8 male & a fresh load of the wardrobe. The sim was much better but there's still something acting on it from the right.

Oh, and there's a surface, not a morph, to reveal the face.

GGreen ( ) posted Wed, 13 March 2024 at 3:00 AM · edited Wed, 13 March 2024 at 3:06 AM

Could it be the pose that you are using.  I pose each item separately. The robe, the pants, and the headdress. I use the ManFriday  dForce Companion 2 found at the Daz Store. I just randomly selected a pose from the George Pose Collection.  Here are the settings I use:

Character is Arji

Y1oVPU9iUUZP7G66HFtrzZ5V49cXueryXuSmpotM.png

Here is the pose I used: qa2F38vaUHWQQIKQPLNrvJa4C9ixU5zQbOty00V3.png

Here is my Rendered Image:

q6wv6wkZk8GpKIFpvTlrwnbqCzJVef9s9ECEWaPr.png

Here are the dForce Pane Settings

WzjX3uLkclOOBWW5N8k4zalHSKcWnfpY5RFMkVj0.png

Can you show me your posed image, maybe I can reproduce it on my end.

DocPhoton ( ) posted Wed, 13 March 2024 at 10:51 AM · edited Wed, 13 March 2024 at 10:51 AM

I work in Lightwave so export out of DAZ using FBX with the figure zero posed. I then export just the base pose only for the actual pose. It's somewhat like a preset.

Usually, the clothing item just drops as it would from gravity, but for this item it's as if a wind force is present from the right. Hard to tell, but your image might be showing some of that too. I didn't sim the Headdress and the Pants simmed just fine. I have the earlier version of ManFriday's Companion. I used a time range to give it more frame to relax with is all.

Even so, I got really good results with the posed figure.

Thanks for taking the time to test this.

OqT4KO2PvVAZ4D3q6CKuNdBWCPigMtsP0MWn4Odj.jpg

O2ChgN67vKzA5XmcB44x5ai4Wn2zCiAgweUDgzRp.jpg

GGreen ( ) posted Wed, 13 March 2024 at 10:59 PM

Hmmm. Not familiar with lightwave or using FBX.

DocPhoton ( ) posted Thu, 14 March 2024 at 5:15 PM

Lightwave is sort of a Phoenix. Been around since early '90's & was instrumental for the Sci-Fi upsurge on TV back then, then movies. Still is. Been in limbo for the past several years, but got bought recently & is seeing new development. I haven't updated yet.

FBX is more a packaging format but has become standard.

So for the characters, I use FBX; for things like props I use OBJ. Oddly, I've not figured out how to IMPORT an FBX into Daz.

One of the big pluses with Daz though is that the FBX format can also export character morphs. Still sorting out differences for 8.0 & 8.1.

GGreen ( ) posted Fri, 15 March 2024 at 1:15 AM

I have no idea which version of Daz Studio that you are using but the newer versions come with the FBX plugin which imports/exports the FBX file. I suspect that your problem may be with the rigging and based on that assumption I think the following links may be helpful to you.

I hope this is not breaking any rules - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5Z9M03K8Ns  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5E5DU8O6ho

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/305181/i-figured-out-fbx-import-into-daz-studio

If you do not have Blender you might want to download it and do the following

import to Blender and export another .fbx if the original .fbx wouldn't import to Daz Studio or  export from Blender as Collada (.dae). The .dae will come into DS with some things you don't need like a camera and a light, just delete them.
With this method you will not get the exploding .fbx or the .obj single object problems.

DocPhoton ( ) posted Fri, 15 March 2024 at 10:33 AM

Both of those links have good info I've not seen before.

I think you've misunderstood though. I got a usable Robe by NOT simming and then exporting the zeroed pose.  I wasn't getting exploding just an odd unexplained wind like force as mentioned.

I'd be curious if that happens with you using the default pose of a G8 or G8.1. I stay current on software, but some months back there were issues with Daz 4.21. Fortunately, I had the previous on my laptop & used that for several weeks. The issues got resolved when there was a update to the Gen9 essentials. I don't use Gen9 but apparently that will affect other things. There was another Gen9 Essentials update recently, so I'm a bit gunshy.

On my to-do list though is to learn Blender. Lightwave doesn't handle dForce hair, but Blender does.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.