Sun, May 12, 7:32 PM CDT

Welcome to the La Femme 2 Forum

Forum Moderators: Kalypso, CreatorJacqueline

(Last Updated: 2024 May 12 3:41 am)

Subject: LA Femme 2 NOW AVAILABLE

Miss B ( ) posted Sat, 28 October 2023 at 11:22 PM

I'm really liking the adventurer outfit too, and the pose in that last render is cute.

OK . . . Where's my chocolate?

Butterfly Dezignz

odf ( ) posted Sun, 29 October 2023 at 2:02 AM · edited Sun, 29 October 2023 at 2:02 AM

Et voilà, une cape! Same deal as with the belt, the clasp needs solidifying to look better and display on top of the fabric. But otherwise, I'm pretty happy with how this turned out and will probably even refrain from hemming it because, you know, CGI fabric never frails unless one really tries hard to make it. :-)

c3vdWYsjXDH7P8YY0W7PRQAw16eTEgFi3UDX4zwj.jpg

The pose is in my pose collection freebie for LF2, by the way.

-- I'm not mad at you, just Westphalian.

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Sun, 29 October 2023 at 8:07 AM

This is getting better and better :D

- - - - - - 

Feel free to call me Ohki!

Poser Pro 11, Poser 12 and Poser 13, Windows 10, Superfly junkie. My units are milimeters.

Persephone (the computer): AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, RTX 3070 GPU, 96gb ram.

Rhia474 ( ) posted Sun, 29 October 2023 at 6:05 PM

This is awesome!!

odf ( ) posted Sun, 29 October 2023 at 9:46 PM

I’m very glad you like it. I’m itching to make her some boots and a hat now, too, but it’s probably best to leave that for later.

odf ( ) posted Tue, 31 October 2023 at 2:48 AM · edited Tue, 31 October 2023 at 2:48 AM

I'm in the "let's see what nasty poses this can tolerate" phase of dynamic clothe production. I thought the unscheduled navel reveal in this one was kind of cute.

AmkbdkskCPzxFjrrFG6Wbruezn3X8aTBZz0HRKYH.jpg

Tguy123 ( ) posted Tue, 31 October 2023 at 10:44 AM

Perspective from a long-time, 20+ year Poser user (since Poser 4, or maybe earlier I forget):  I started with Victoria, moved to Victoria 2.  Was able to make decent variations, but hoped for improvement with later versions of Vicky.  Vicky 4 was a major disappointment.  Then DAZ took Vicky series away from Poser anyway.  Didn't find DAZ Studio appealing or intuitive so let the whole Vicky series go.  Took up LaFemme, invested lots of time and effort and made variations I was happy with.  Saw LaFemme2 was out and took a look.  Couldn't easily upgrade to LaFemme2 from the LaFemme variations I had made using various morphs and magnets on LaFemme (especially hamstrung by the apparent elimination of BK morphs).  Abandoned LaFemme2 before putting in too much effort.  Didn't see, in my limited exploration, that LaFemme2 was any kind of significant improvement over LaFemme.  It's not like there were apparent upgrades on polygon count so she could be reshaped well, or at least to my personal liking.  I'm glad others seem happy with LaFemme2, but she just doesn't work for me.  Currently up to Poser 12, but unhappy that my dozens and dozens of python scripts no longer work.  I would have assumed someone would make a utility for turnkey updating of older scripts but never found anything that worked.  For now at least, sticking with Poser 11 for modeling and python scripting then rendering with Poser 12, using variations of original LaFemme.  Everyone has their own Poser history and story, but that's mine so far.  I'll keep checking in now and then to see if Poser and LaFemme improve in any way that's meaningful to users like me.

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Tue, 31 October 2023 at 2:26 PM

It's not just about how many polygons she has - it's more about how they're placed. LF2's polygons are concentrated on her face, for more detailed face morphs without the need for HD morphs, and in the body they follow major body landmarks for better movement and shape morphs. :) 

Morphs naturally can't be converted from different meshes, yet you can use LF's textures on LF2.

On any case, LF is a great figure, and if she suits your needs better, then all the power to you, have fun with her! I know I did for years :D

- - - - - - 

Poser Pro 11, Poser 12 and Poser 13, Windows 10, Superfly junkie. My units are milimeters.

anniemation ( ) posted Tue, 31 October 2023 at 10:05 PM · edited Tue, 31 October 2023 at 10:05 PM

I'm very impressed the LF2.  Topology looks so good.  

I have a question.  Are there extra morphs to add?  I'm looking for the bfx morphs.

f71OMAtMTapJm0LSF5KJfIbemBm59opbEbFAvEeh.png

There should be a folder under Body Shapes called BodyFX but I'm not seeing it.

hborre ( ) posted Tue, 31 October 2023 at 10:13 PM
Online Now!

You need to purchase the BodyFX morphs package.  If you have it and installed it through the Library downloads then you will find it under the purchased runtime.

anniemation ( ) posted Tue, 31 October 2023 at 10:28 PM
hborre posted at 10:13 PM Tue, 31 October 2023 - #4477120

You need to purchase the BodyFX morphs package.  If you have it and installed it through the Library downloads then you will find it under the purchased runtime.

Thank you just found it. 

RobZhena ( ) posted Thu, 02 November 2023 at 8:51 AM

When Ohki said La Femme 2 was going to be a new rig and we would have to convert clothes rigged for La Femme to use them, I thought about all the conversions I had done from Genesis 3/8 clothes to La Femme and shook my head. But I have found that my conversions for La Femme work fine with LF2 unless they have sleeves, and I'm talking not just dresses but high-heeled boots. LF2 comes with a dress dev that rigs to the leg parts, but there are some conforming garments that just won't work without skirt handles. The great news is I have been able to conform them and just use the morph brush to fit the new body shape (do NOT copy joint zones!). (Yeah, yeah, I know; dynamics are the future, blah, blah.)

Here, for example, is Thunder gown::

pNwDqbHGRID5YWj30wb6uUaYVLKlkiCLpuWwlmxn.jpg

Vita gown also needs front and back skirt handles to behave properly:

o6VAzHe5CE4fV0ZGl5ynnNLc5tMWtt9avmL1jMXn.jpg

Diane high boots conformed fine. Here they are with the morph brush work to fit the new body shape:

G2V6QjOzBZelENBixho8EoFMECaLFy5Fk3P7ZlKr.jpg

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Thu, 02 November 2023 at 5:15 PM · edited Thu, 02 November 2023 at 5:17 PM

- - - - - - 

Graybeard ( ) posted Thu, 02 November 2023 at 5:27 PM · edited Thu, 02 November 2023 at 5:28 PM
Afrodite-Ohki posted at 5:15 PM Thu, 2 November 2023 - #4477222

Here, have a small gift :D

Thank you Ohki!

Also for the V4 pose, which is coming. That will be useful for many of us!

Miss B ( ) posted Thu, 02 November 2023 at 6:57 PM

Thank You from me as well Ohki.  She's looking very good.

Butterfly Dezignz

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Fri, 03 November 2023 at 1:47 PM

(If you try to grab the freebie and it says you don't have permission, it's because I goofed. I edited the freebie to fix the category - I had forgotten to set it and it went as 2d - and forgot that it means the item goes back into pending approval. Give it time, until one of the freebie overlords approves it again lol)

- - - - - - 

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Fri, 03 November 2023 at 6:57 PM

- - - - - - 

Miss B ( ) posted Fri, 03 November 2023 at 10:08 PM

Ohhhh, another goodie for LF2.  Thank you again Ohki.

Butterfly Dezignz

RobZhena ( ) posted Sat, 04 November 2023 at 7:01 AM

This is my conversion of Vamps for La Femme conformed to La Femme 2 (joint zones NOT copied) and morph brushed to fit the new body shape. The Bootlook outfit boots also are simply conformed and morph brushed. The makeup is from an upcoming freebie for the Dark skin tone. I intend to make one for each skin tone, but I will be traveling for a month, so it won't be soon. The makeup works in Poser 13 with both Firefly (it's main purpose, given the absence of makeup for that render engine) and Superbly. Because the six MATs have no SSS, I ran the figure through EZSkin.

vJQJJKfWn3kMKuT0S9qOlfsdfMtFo5FdVnXqEI1S.jpg

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Sat, 04 November 2023 at 10:45 AM

Oh they were fast to approve this one.

cgQlKsTg68gKGg8ZcrNJ4mRSZ8fWwCoK7WO3YP8q.jpg

One more to go, probably tomorrow. :D

- - - - - - 

CassandraNorth ( ) posted Sat, 04 November 2023 at 1:15 PM

RobZhena, I am sorry to say this, but that is the worst  "conversion" I have ever seen. But if nothing else, it sure convinced me to stick to dynamic clothing.

But each to his own.

RobZhena ( ) posted Sat, 04 November 2023 at 7:24 PM
CassandraNorth posted at 1:15 PM Sat, 4 November 2023 - #4477313

RobZhena, I am sorry to say this, but that is the worst  "conversion" I have ever seen. But if nothing else, it sure convinced me to stick to dynamic clothing.

But each to his own.

Thank you for the constructive criticism! The point to this image was that one can conform La Femme garments tand boots to La Femme 2 without having to convert the rigging! This makes the figure immediately more useful to the many users who rely on conforming clothing! Maybe some time, I will have the luxury of spending the time to run cloth room sims on scenes with 18 figures wearing multiple items of clothing, just like you!

CassandraNorth ( ) posted Sun, 05 November 2023 at 11:25 AM

You are completely missing the point. It takes a lot less time using the tools provided to fit outfits to lf2 than doing it your way. With better results. And as for the cloth room... it doesn't take very long.

And you know what? I have never had a vendor telling me to stop "converting" the outfits, so I guess that says something about the method I use.

You can call it "luxury of spending time" all you want, I call it putting pride into what I publish and honouring the vendor by keeping the quality of the outfits I use.

zaubermac ( ) posted Sun, 05 November 2023 at 12:06 PM

Just curious, did they add a morph in LF2 to adjust her nose?  The top of her nose lines up under the bottom of her eyes?  In my personal opinion, this is an effect that limits her useful poses?  Generally, a person's nose lines up somewhere between the middle and top of their eyes?  In my experience, people of some Asian cultures have about the lowest I've seen, but they still tend to be about the middle of the eye?  Admittedly, the 100's of figure drawings I've done are a small sample of the world and I'm not trying to offend anyone, I'm just asking a question from the perspective of a more analog art background?  In my area, most people are of asian, hispanic, native or european descent, but the world's a big place; I'm sure there's more to it than I've seen!  It's possible that it was intentional, if someone knows the design process in that decision, I'd love to know?

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Sun, 05 November 2023 at 4:16 PM · edited Sun, 05 November 2023 at 4:16 PM

- - - - - - 

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Sun, 05 November 2023 at 4:19 PM

zaubermac posted at 12:06 PM Sun, 5 November 2023 - #4477337

Just curious, did they add a morph in LF2 to adjust her nose?  The top of her nose lines up under the bottom of her eyes?  In my personal opinion, this is an effect that limits her useful poses?  Generally, a person's nose lines up somewhere between the middle and top of their eyes?  In my experience, people of some Asian cultures have about the lowest I've seen, but they still tend to be about the middle of the eye?  Admittedly, the 100's of figure drawings I've done are a small sample of the world and I'm not trying to offend anyone, I'm just asking a question from the perspective of a more analog art background?  In my area, most people are of asian, hispanic, native or european descent, but the world's a big place; I'm sure there's more to it than I've seen!  It's possible that it was intentional, if someone knows the design process in that decision, I'd love to know?

The design process was basically "I gathered a whole bunch of reference pictures and stared at them and worked on the figure until it looked good to me, then showed it to a few people for critique and made a few adjustments".

Making a morph for what you say there should be very very easy. Are you savvy with Poser's morph tools? They're wonderful to use.

- - - - - - 

zaubermac ( ) posted Mon, 06 November 2023 at 12:38 PM
Afrodite-Ohki posted at 4:19 PM Sun, 5 November 2023 - #4477349

zaubermac posted at 12:06 PM Sun, 5 November 2023 - #4477337

The design process was basically "I gathered a whole bunch of reference pictures and stared at them and worked on the figure until it looked good to me, then showed it to a few people for critique and made a few adjustments".

Making a morph for what you say there should be very very easy. Are you savvy with Poser's morph tools? They're wonderful to use.

Thanks Ohki for your helpful response!  Like I said, it was an artistic question, not a criticism, and I appreciate helpful feedback.  I'll give the tool a try, haven't done much with it yet.  Poser 3 was one of the first 3d programs I used (along with Bryce) and I've been happy to see it moving forward again, so I picked it up.  Always happy to see alternatives to Daz size fits all and happy to see LF2 moving forward as well.  I'll lurk the forums if I get stuck on the morphs :D

RobZhena ( ) posted Mon, 06 November 2023 at 3:12 PM · edited Mon, 06 November 2023 at 3:12 PM

New freebie: Makeup LF 2 Dark Skin. I plan to do these for all the included skin tones, but I'm going to be traveling for a month, so it won't happen soon.

IG3iYaZb7iy56ArJnuKXf2k2bUE7qna39KcCvRFY.jpg

Graybeard ( ) posted Tue, 07 November 2023 at 2:06 AM · edited Tue, 07 November 2023 at 2:07 AM

I have been conforming clothes and shoes to LF2. I tried the re-rigging method proposed by @hborre above, and that works great for various garments, but not for shoes. It may be my lack of knowledge, but following the procedure, and adding the whole shoe as a constrained group, still creates a result which loses its shape, and where the mesh breaks apart.

So I was interested to see @RobZana's rough and tumble method described above. I tried it, and it actually works. I have conformed LF1 shoes and even some V4 shoes to LF2. 

This is my method then: Clothes transformed and re-rigged. Shoes morph-brushed and tweaked.

I can post some images if there is interest.

RAGraphicDesign ( ) posted Fri, 17 November 2023 at 7:19 AM
Graybeard posted at 2:06 AM Tue, 7 November 2023 - #4477409

I have been conforming clothes and shoes to LF2. I tried the re-rigging method proposed by @hborre above, and that works great for various garments, but not for shoes. It may be my lack of knowledge, but following the procedure, and adding the whole shoe as a constrained group, still creates a result which loses its shape, and where the mesh breaks apart.

So I was interested to see @RobZana's rough and tumble method described above. I tried it, and it actually works. I have conformed LF1 shoes and even some V4 shoes to LF2. 

This is my method then: Clothes transformed and re-rigged. Shoes morph-brushed and tweaked.

I can post some images if there is interest.

It would be useful ! Also because for now it seems that Femme 2 doesn't have many "shoes".....

My Store at Renderosity 

Graybeard ( ) posted Sun, 19 November 2023 at 9:40 AM · edited Sun, 19 November 2023 at 9:45 AM

Here is the procedure. I've used RPublishing's Fads for the demo.

knxdzFslcW1y9EOFJb24ccJ4laztObho64UV6ZQA.jpg

Graybeard ( ) posted Sun, 19 November 2023 at 9:41 AM · edited Sun, 19 November 2023 at 9:46 AM

And here we go with the tweaking

KpZ8xZqS9yy4nCL2Efg3zItzSHPKYnpce4b9QkM3.jpg

Graybeard ( ) posted Sun, 19 November 2023 at 9:41 AM · edited Sun, 19 November 2023 at 9:42 AM

The Final Result:

TTKs0iL1Iyn5VbmO5Hqb8NihBhdG1DAFFO4HKiyE.jpg

shvrdavid ( ) posted Mon, 20 November 2023 at 6:38 PM

Anyone that has Quarker's Grace Lion Hair, I uploaded a hair fit for LF2 to the freebie section. Grace Lion LF2 Fit

GLHF.jpg

Some things are easy to explain, other things are not........ <- Store ->   <-Freebies->

hborre ( ) posted Mon, 20 November 2023 at 8:01 PM
Online Now!

Thank you very much.  That should come in handy.

Graybeard ( ) posted Tue, 21 November 2023 at 3:20 AM · edited Tue, 21 November 2023 at 3:20 AM

And thank you very much to Ohki for the V4 fitting pose. I cannot wait to try this one!!!

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Tue, 21 November 2023 at 11:39 AM · edited Tue, 21 November 2023 at 11:44 AM

- - - - - - 

Rhia474 ( ) posted Tue, 21 November 2023 at 1:05 PM

Ooh. Will try this tonight, thank you!!!

Tipol ( ) posted Tue, 21 November 2023 at 1:11 PM · edited Tue, 21 November 2023 at 1:11 PM

Afrodite-Ohki posted at 11:39 AM Tue, 21 November 2023 - #4478005

here is the V4 to LF2 dynamics as promised :D https://www.renderosity.com/freestuff/items/96598/v4-dynamics-fit-for-lf2

A quick try with The white dress and Christmas Addon for the white Dress a dress made for V4. It's incredible, it works really well. A superb opportunity for sellers.

VP4QoBP8YOIYHeLV6Gb0kLCxuIKz29KtomJ0mciY.png

Rhia474 ( ) posted Tue, 21 November 2023 at 1:21 PM
Tipol posted at 1:11 PM Tue, 21 November 2023 - #4478007

here is the V4 to LF2 dynamics as promised :D https://www.renderosity.com/freestuff/items/96598/v4-dynamics-fit-for-lf2

A quick try with The white dress and Christmas Addon for the white Dress a dress made for V4. It's incredible, it works really well. A superb opportunity for sellers.

Sweet, your dresses were the ones I wanted to try this on, perfecto!

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Tue, 21 November 2023 at 4:56 PM
Tipol posted at 1:11 PM Tue, 21 November 2023 - #4478007

And if you want to make it easier on customers and re-vamp your products... you can use it to make a simulation ending in default LF2 pose, and save that obj to make a new version of your own clothes and release them straight to LF2 :D Perhaps with updated materials? Wink wink nudge nudge?

- - - - - - 

Tipol ( ) posted Tue, 21 November 2023 at 5:08 PM

It's an idea for someone, I'm sticking with it, although I especially like creating new models. It's more fun.

Rhia474 ( ) posted Tue, 21 November 2023 at 5:58 PM

Yup, works great; just a quickie with Themis for V4 on LF2:

ToObfd98dGOle45kki62av2dfvO79aLiuybPiVLf.png

shvrdavid ( ) posted Wed, 22 November 2023 at 11:11 AM

Anyone that has Biscuits Aloe Hair, I uploaded a hair fit for LF2 to the freebie section. Aloe Hair LF2 Fit

Image2.jpg

Some things are easy to explain, other things are not........ <- Store ->   <-Freebies->

Miss B ( ) posted Wed, 22 November 2023 at 12:31 PM

Thank you!  Thank you!!  Thank you!!!

Aloe Hair is one of my favorite of Biscuit's hairs, as I used it with V4 all the time.

Butterfly Dezignz

Tipol ( ) posted Wed, 22 November 2023 at 1:23 PM
Rhia474 posted at 5:58 PM Tue, 21 November 2023 - #4478012

Yup, works great; just a quickie with Themis for V4 on LF2:

ToObfd98dGOle45kki62av2dfvO79aLiuybPiVLf.png

It works well, it opens up a whole bunch of new possibilities :)

shvrdavid ( ) posted Thu, 23 November 2023 at 9:46 AM

Anyone that has Biscuits Zora Hair, I uploaded a hair fit for LF2 to the freebie section Zora Hair Fit for La Femme2

Image1.jpg

odf ( ) posted Thu, 23 November 2023 at 4:29 PM · edited Thu, 23 November 2023 at 4:29 PM

To whom it may concern, my "adventurer" outfit for LF2 is now finally available in FreeStuff. I hit that point where I ran out of steam and had to play with other things for a while, but eventually I circled back and finished the set. I decided to make the socks dynamic, as well, so there are now five dynamic items in total: socks, leggings, shirt, vest, and cape.

Incidentally, the pose shown in the thumbnail is from my little pose collection for LF2, also in FreeStuff.

YIoxSgLhHDYRn9wRBr5C6zEChksAt4dlV4tr4vE0.jpg

Miss B ( ) posted Thu, 23 November 2023 at 4:49 PM

Thank you odf, I'm definitely going to check them out.

Butterfly Dezignz

Rhia474 ( ) posted Thu, 23 November 2023 at 6:41 PM

Awesome, definitely going to check out after Turkey Day here, much appreciated!!!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.