Sat, Jul 27, 6:06 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jul 26 4:07 pm)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Renderosity Announces Change in Policy Regarding AI Gallery Images

Ken1171_Designs ( ) posted Fri, 08 September 2023 at 9:59 PM
Giana posted at 9:39 PM Fri, 8 September 2023 - #4474305

trained on logos, which are typically copyrighted things, and signatures?  ok, but where did these 'training' tools come from?  companies and organisations just agreed to have their logos used in the 'training"?

The training materials come from data sets used for AI training in research groups in universities and the industry in general. These data sets have been used for research and development for decades, but only became known to the general public after AI became popular (somewhere around last year). These data sets were obtained under the "fair use" legal requirements. Nothing was stolen, or else there would have been lawsuits all over the place decades ago. 

My Store at Renderosity

My Store at PoserSoftware

Characters, Body Sculpts, Morph Corrections, Outfits, Python Scripts, Universal Heads, and Videogames!

Giana ( ) posted Fri, 08 September 2023 at 10:11 PM

thanks, Twiz.  i sometimes miss doing those, too, but no terribly.  i've learned sooo much from working w. my current character and have garnered a few new simple skills.  not willing to give her up for personal reasons, which you may be aware of regarding Andy.  V4 loads as my default when booting up Poser, and due to mucking w. Abby for this long now, V4's proportions seem really visually odd to me these days...lol

good thing i don't give a damn about being popular...

@Ken - ok, thanks for clarifying

WendyLuvsCatz ( ) posted Fri, 08 September 2023 at 10:47 PM · edited Fri, 08 September 2023 at 10:47 PM

I must admit I am in awe of Crystalis who has me on ignore because their gallery is full of original work created by them as they are vehemently antiAI yet to my totally ignorant eye it looks like AI.

I can only dream of having such mad skills.

YouTube Channel

Dreaming Kitty Channel

Tom R. Toe

My ArtyFarty AI channel

Lunaseas ( ) posted Fri, 08 September 2023 at 11:57 PM
WendyLuvsCatz posted at 10:47 PM Fri, 8 September 2023 - #4474312

I must admit I am in awe of Crystalis who has me on ignore because their gallery is full of original work created by them as they are vehemently antiAI yet to my totally ignorant eye it looks like AI.

I can only dream of having such mad skills.

Same here and Twiz. I have never interacted with either of them. I didn't even know you could block on here...shows what I know. However, I usually stay away from the forums because most of the time unless I'm asking for information attacks and judgements often run rampant. :( I for one would have been fine with no posting AI in the galleries and having a forum for it... just IMHO.

Kenmac ( ) posted Sat, 09 September 2023 at 12:04 AM

I just thought I'd post something here that I saw mentoned earlier today on Matt Wolfes YouTube channel. It's very relevant to what we're discussing here.

https://techcrunch.com/2023/09/07/artists-sign-open-letter-saying-generative-ai-is-good-actually/

When you get to the Techcrunch website there's another link in the main story that takes you to the Creative Commons website. 

WendyLuvsCatz ( ) posted Sat, 09 September 2023 at 12:38 AM

some of you might want to stay off X, Zoom etc too

YouTube Channel

Dreaming Kitty Channel

Tom R. Toe

My ArtyFarty AI channel

RodS ( ) posted Sat, 09 September 2023 at 12:46 AM · edited Sat, 09 September 2023 at 12:46 AM
TwiztidKidd posted at 9:29 PM Fri, 8 September 2023 - #4474304

I see the quality and quantity of nudes has dropped considerably, I must post some Poser nudes soon lol

Is there a filter that I can select so I can see only the nu-- nevermind 😄

Hey, Rick, ya need to search for "vapid nudes" as one of the fine folks on page 1 of this happy little discussion referred to them! 🤣 I'm working on a couple my own pervy self... 🤣😂

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage

gillbrooks ( ) posted Sat, 09 September 2023 at 7:09 AM · edited Sat, 09 September 2023 at 7:09 AM

Re the "gthost signatures".  Well, A couple of days ago I took an old Vue render of MINE into Midjourney to see what I could do.

Just to show you here the original with my signature on....

oMltzxNVJS80m1uWO70YixI52FuivriOvirB0Ot0.png

And one of what MJ came up with

VOQh2dkLfxl5nv8jLrJYUeHuuGhqISylm4wgoq7a.png

As you can see, no sign of a signature, ghost or otherwise. On this or any of the others.

As far as the rest is concerned, it pees me off that a group of individuals seem to think it's OK to have a go at someone or something, but when those people get the same in return they don't like it.   I reiterate my comment about hypocrisy.

Those who think that AI is the antichrist will never listen.  To me, to someone who is far more knowledgeable on the subject than I ( @Ken1171_Designs ), or anyone else for that matter.  They refuse to believe anyone who does not agree with their blinkered opinions, and for that reason, this is my last comment on and reading of this thread.

Thank you and goodnight.

Gill

CHMedia ( ) posted Sat, 09 September 2023 at 9:29 AM

Hello all,

I am going to lock this thread for now. Please sitemail me if you need an ear. Thank you all for your constructive feedback. I have taken note.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.