Sat, Jul 27, 12:54 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jul 26 9:29 pm)

Subject: Help Needed.

TheBryster ( ) posted Thu, 29 June 2023 at 7:55 AM · edited Fri, 26 July 2024 at 12:39 PM
Forum Moderator

Can somebody please remind me how to install a product from a zip file?

Thanks in advance

The Bryster

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

RHaseltine ( ) posted Thu, 29 June 2023 at 9:14 AM

Windows or Mac? Macs are tricky as they will, be default, replace your content with the content from the zip rather than adding it. On Windows you need to drill down to the folder inside the zip that has the Data and/or Runtime folders, then copy everything from there to your content directory (e.g. the /Docuemnts/Daz 3D/Studio/My Library/ folder of the Public Documents/My Daz 3D Library/ folder) where they will merge with the existing folders. If there is a /Rutnime/Support/ folder then the product includes metadata and you might want to import it - Content Library option menu (the lined/hamburger button in the top corner)>Content DB Maintenance, check Import Metadata, and then check the product's entry in the next dialogue.

TheBryster ( ) posted Fri, 30 June 2023 at 12:32 AM
Forum Moderator

I use Windows, but I'm not very conversant with DAZ. Thanks for the advice. Very helpful.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.