Sat, Jul 27, 5:47 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / MarketPlace Showcase

Welcome to the MarketPlace Showcase Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

MarketPlace Showcase F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jul 26 10:50 am)

Welcome to the MarketPlace Showcase Forum. The Showcase Forum and Gallery are intended for all commercial related postings by active Renderosity MarketPlace Vendors only. This is a highlight area where our membership is invited to review in greater detail the various art products, software and resource site subscriptions available for purchase in the Renderosity MarketPlace.

Subject: Runtime Organizer Python Script for Poser 12

Ken1171_Designs ( ) posted Fri, 13 January 2023 at 6:28 PM · edited Fri, 26 July 2024 at 12:01 PM

~Runtime Organizer for Poser 12~

This is a new Python script for Poser 12 that allows managing and organizing your Poser list of external runtimes with more options than is allowed by the existing Poser library tools. Besides adding/removing runtimes to/from your library, you can also edit the order of each runtime in the list, sort it alphabetically it, and auto-remove invalid paths.

Available at Renderosity and Poser Software stores.

Promo_000_300x350_RuntimeOrganizer.jpg

Here are some of the main features:

Promo_000_1000x1200_RuntimeOrganizer.jpg

I made the interface as practical and self-explanatory as possible. Some buttons have double-functions, which we can check from the tooltips that explain what each control does. An additional feature is the 1-click ability of removing invalid runtimes.

Promo_01_768x1024_RuntimeOrganizer.jpg

One of my favorite features is sorting all runtimes alphabetically, making things quicker to find. In my personal runtime, I first alphabetize the list, and then move my most used runtimes to the top, and the least used to the bottom. This makes it the most efficient to me, personally.

Promo_02_768x1024_RuntimeOrganizer.jpg

Some runtimes are reserved to Poser 12 and can be moved, but not removed. Some are tied to the embedded store, like "Purchases" and "Downloads", while "Included" is where the bundled content is saved at. And of course, we cannot remove the main "Poser 12" runtime either. Those can be moved up or down, but cannot be removed.

Promo_03_768x1024_RuntimeOrganizer.jpg

Once you are done with changes, just press the SAVE button at the bottom - it highlights when any changes are done. From this point on, the list of library runtimes becomes LOCKED, and we have to restart Poser to see the results. It will be automatically unlocked next time Poser is started. You don't have to remember any of this, because once we save the changes, the script will remind us that the runtimes list in the library has been locked, and that we have to restart Poser to see the changes.

If you have many external runtimes, this is the tool to neatly organize them to your liking, making finding them quicker and easier.

Available at Renderosity and Poser Software stores.

My Store at Renderosity

My Store at PoserSoftware

Characters, Body Sculpts, Morph Corrections, Outfits, Python Scripts, Universal Heads, and Videogames!

RAMWorks ( ) posted Sat, 14 January 2023 at 9:22 AM

Will this also work in Poser 13 or will this need an update?  Looks very useful Ken.  Thanks so much for making this! 

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

Ken1171_Designs ( ) posted Sat, 14 January 2023 at 9:57 AM
RAMWorks posted at 9:22 AM Sat, 14 January 2023 - #4453886

Will this also work in Poser 13 or will this need an update?  Looks very useful Ken.  Thanks so much for making this! 

Hi Rich, thank you! I see no reason why it wouldn't work in P13. :)

My Store at Renderosity

My Store at PoserSoftware

Characters, Body Sculpts, Morph Corrections, Outfits, Python Scripts, Universal Heads, and Videogames!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.