Sun, Jun 16, 11:40 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jun 05 3:36 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Saving poses to the Clip Libray

ProPose001 ( ) posted Fri, 08 July 2022 at 10:16 PM · edited Tue, 28 May 2024 at 4:55 PM

Learnt something the other day and I thought I'd share. 

Not sure how many of you folks are in the habit of saving poses as clips,  but I do on occasion, when I spent an hour tweaking a certain pose, to fit a custom character.  Content organization has always been a headache for me,  as in saving something, and the trying to find it again a few days, weeks, or months later.  Pose clips or Master clips I find particularly frustrating cause they save with a generic icon in the browser that leaves me scratching my head trying to remember what pose that is even though I give it a descriptive name, thinking, "Surly I'll remember this". and then I don't.  Other than using P3DO Explorer Pro,  I stumbled upon a better way.  

When adding content , for example I'll use "Genesis 8 Female Starter Essentials", G8FSE for short, to your content tab, you can drill down the hierarchy to see all the content folders.  Then I also add that same content folder (G8FSE) to the Scene, Shaders, Objects, Clip Tabs.  They will all display the content hierarchy so when I save a figure, it goes in the People or character folder in the Objects Tab,  Shaders go in the Materials folder of the Shaders tab, and Pose clips, that I just spent an hour tweaking and creating a Pose Clip, go into the Poses folder in the Clip tab. So now , when I drag that Pose clip from the clip section to the Scene tab into the Clips library of the Browser - pose folder, it saves with the actual pose icon as long as it has the exact same name as the original pose.  Only works with poses as far as I can tell.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.