Sat, Jul 27, 12:42 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / MarketPlace Showcase

Welcome to the MarketPlace Showcase Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

MarketPlace Showcase F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jul 26 10:50 am)

Welcome to the MarketPlace Showcase Forum. The Showcase Forum and Gallery are intended for all commercial related postings by active Renderosity MarketPlace Vendors only. This is a highlight area where our membership is invited to review in greater detail the various art products, software and resource site subscriptions available for purchase in the Renderosity MarketPlace.

Subject: Script Auto-Launcher for Poser 12

Ken1171_Designs ( ) posted Wed, 04 May 2022 at 3:07 AM · edited Sun, 14 July 2024 at 5:34 PM
Online Now!

Script AutoLauncher P12

Today I have released a new script for Poser 12 that was one of the most requested features - the "Script Auto-Launcher P12". Make your favorite Python scripts auto-launch with Poser! Just add them to the list, and turn auto-start on. Next time Poser starts, the scripts will auto-launch with it. You can also launch them immediately, so you don't have to restart Poser. You can enable/disable the list at anytime.

Promo_000_300x350_ScriptAutoLauncher.jpg

Here are some of the main features:

Promo_000_1000x1200_ScriptAutoLauncher.jpg

You can add as many scripts as you wish, and once the auto-launching has been enabled, any scripts you put on the list will auto-start with Poser.

Promo_01_600x800_ScriptAutoLauncher.jpg

The order the items are in the list define in what order they will be launched, from top to bottom. You also have the choice to launch them all now if you don't want to wait for Poser to restart.

Promo_02_600x800_ScriptAutoLauncher.jpg

The operation is very simple, and you only need to enable the auto-launcher once. After that, the script doesn't need to be running anymore, and all the scripts you have added to the list will always start with Poser.

Promo_03_600x800_ScriptAutoLauncher.jpg

The only catch is that to enable this functionality, the script needs to add a single line of text to a file placed on the Poser 12 installation folder. If you have Poser installed in the system drive C, the Windows UAC (User Access Control) may prevent the file from being changed, giving an "access denied" to the script. If that happens, you can either try launching Poser "As Administrator", or edit the file manually. I provide instructions on how to do it in the PDF manual. In my computer I have set the UAC to minimum, but the default can be quite paranoid, asking for confirmation even when renaming a file. I have Poser installed in its own drive H:, away from the system drive C:, so I never get those pesky UAC access denied errors. Luckily so far, none of my beta-testers got the error, and neither did the Rendo QAV. But if it happens to you, just follow the simple instructions from the manual. 

Get the script HERE.

You can watch the video demonstration here:

My Store at Renderosity

My Store at PoserSoftware

Characters, Body Sculpts, Morph Corrections, Outfits, Python Scripts, Universal Heads, and Videogames!

Miss B ( ) posted Thu, 05 May 2022 at 10:50 AM

Went right into my Wishlist until I can spare a few bucks to buy it.  Nicely done Ken.  ;)

OK . . . Where's my chocolate?

Butterfly Dezignz

Ken1171_Designs ( ) posted Thu, 05 May 2022 at 12:10 PM
Online Now!

Thanks, Miss B!  ^___^/

My Store at Renderosity

My Store at PoserSoftware

Characters, Body Sculpts, Morph Corrections, Outfits, Python Scripts, Universal Heads, and Videogames!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.