Thu, Apr 18, 5:31 AM CDT

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Apr 18 3:11 am)

Subject: Speaking of private parts... a heads up (so to speak)

SamTherapy ( ) posted Fri, 31 December 2021 at 10:00 AM · edited Sun, 14 April 2024 at 5:04 PM

I bought Ali's Bella figure from Mankahoo yesterday, and very nice it is, too.  I like to have a variety of figures from different places for, well, variety.  

Anyhow, the thing works nicely, has some decent morphs and whatnot (although, IMO, it needs some more glute morphs but there you go), but the genitals, when switched on, always appeared black, even when I applied the textures.  I jumped through all kinds of hoops to get the textures on the bloody thing to no avail.

Now, big shout to Ali here, because when I contacted him about the problem, he got back to me very quickly with a new cr2 to try out.  Sadly, that didn't work, so then he sent me a complete new figure.  That didn't solve the problem, either, even after installing to a different Runtime.  For the record, I have 7 different ones, and like most people, some of them are a bit of a mess due to them being around since I first got Poser 6.

Rather than bug Ali again, I did a bit of poking around and found, to my surprise, the figure was loading in textures from an older, free version of Bella, which didn't have genitals.  What's really odd is the old and new figures are in different folders, textures are in differently named folders and, on my re-done install, in completely different Runtimes.

I deleted all textures from the new version of Bella and added them manually from the right place, rendered the bugger... same result.  Black, untextured lady bits.

Eventually, I went through every single Runtime and deleted all the old versions of Bella, geometry files, textures, cr2 files, the whole lot.  Good news is, Bella - the new version - now works fine and the genitals are as they should be.

It's strange that Poser would look to a different folder for the textures, and even across Runtimes.  Never had that happen before but well, Poser isn't known for being without quirks.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

hborre ( ) posted Fri, 31 December 2021 at 10:57 AM

Just out of curiosity, is the search set to shallow or deep?

RedPhantom ( ) posted Fri, 31 December 2021 at 11:25 AM
Forum Moderator

Poser seems to grab the first texture it finds with that texture name. I don't know how it looks for them. I've had plenty that had a texture in the same runtime with that name, but loaded one grabbed from another runtime for whatever reason. I've even had it correct when I set up a scene, but reloading it at another time had it find the wrong one. I've started changing the names for the textures and editing the material or prop file to match.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

hborre ( ) posted Fri, 31 December 2021 at 12:25 PM

Yep, I've had that happen also.  Most certainly frustrating for newbies who don't understand how the software interprets files.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Fri, 31 December 2021 at 12:44 PM

I have search set to Deep.  As for textures, I learned the hard way with my own stuff that it's best to give them unique names but I've never had the problem with similarly named textures in a different folder before, and definitely not in another Runtime.  I'll take a look at the model's cr2 and see how the references are written in there.  

My Store

My Gallery

Sunfire ( ) posted Fri, 31 December 2021 at 1:07 PM

If you set the search to shallow it may cut down on such instances, though you will find that on reload it will load the first texture instance of that name it comes across.

Sunfire's Creations

SamTherapy ( ) posted Fri, 31 December 2021 at 1:22 PM

Sunfire posted at 1:07 PM Fri, 31 December 2021 - #4432655

If you set the search to shallow it may cut down on such instances, though you will find that on reload it will load the first texture instance of that name it comes across.

Quite so.  Thing is, whether shallow or deep, the search should have found the first instance to be the correct textures, not the others.  Unless, of course, it uses date of creation as a guide.  

Any road up, the problem, such as it was, is not a problem any more... at least in this instance.  Furthermore, I now know what to look out for if something like this happens again.

My Store

My Gallery

bwldrd ( ) posted Fri, 31 December 2021 at 1:28 PM · edited Fri, 31 December 2021 at 1:29 PM

I've never had this problem, and I have multiple's of some figures installed.  Then again, I always put files in an empty install  runtime and run files through programs like correct reference (not available anymore I don't believe),  or now Dimensnion3d's "Poser File Organizer" .

It corrects and set the texture paths in the cr2, pz2, etc.  Then I actually move them to my poser runtime.

Or, I could just be lucky that it's never ocured for me :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Consider me insane if you wish, but is your reality any better?

primorge ( ) posted Fri, 31 December 2021 at 2:57 PM

The question is, upon revelation, is Bella's junk up to snuff? Men of culture want to know. :)

SamTherapy ( ) posted Fri, 31 December 2021 at 5:39 PM
primorge posted at 2:57 PM Fri, 31 December 2021 - #4432661

The question is, upon revelation, is Bella's junk up to snuff? Men of culture want to know. :)

Not very morphable out of the, erm, box, as it were.  Ahem.

Nowhere near as versatile as Evo, for example.

Overall the figure is very good and the expression morphs and controls are, as usual for one of Ali's figures, very good.

My Store

My Gallery

primorge ( ) posted Fri, 31 December 2021 at 6:36 PM · edited Fri, 31 December 2021 at 6:38 PM

SamTherapy posted at 5:39 PM Fri, 31 December 2021 - #4432680

Overall the figure is very good and the expression morphs and controls are, as usual for one of Ali's figures, very good.

I was a bit worried the comment was too risque, which it probably was ;)

Anyway, thanks for the down and dirty on Bella. I've heard good things about the figure. I know his figures are crazy emotive in the expression department, top notch.  Still need to purchase Evo... of course I'd get the other R site version. Been sleepin' on those particular figures, just now finally getting around to looking at Genesis in DS, and the base resolution OBJ in Poser. Long silence.

Happy New Year.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Fri, 31 December 2021 at 6:51 PM

primorge posted at 6:36 PM Fri, 31 December 2021 - #4432686

SamTherapy posted at 5:39 PM Fri, 31 December 2021 - #4432680

I was a bit worried the comment was too risque, which it probably was ;)

Anyway, thanks for the down and dirty on Bella. I've heard good things about the figure. I know his figures are crazy emotive in the expression department, top notch.  Still need to purchase Evo... of course I'd get the other R site version. Been sleepin' on those particular figures, just now finally getting around to looking at Genesis in DS, and the base resolution OBJ in Poser. Long silence.

Happy New Year.

Haven't tried much with Genesis, mainly because I cannot get along with DS, and I've never bothered trying to export to Poser.

Happy New Year to you, too, mate.

My Store

My Gallery

infinity10 ( ) posted Sat, 01 January 2022 at 5:12 AM
Online Now!

bwldrd posted at 1:28 PM Fri, 31 December 2021 - #4432657

I've never had this problem, and I have multiple's of some figures installed.  Then again, I always put files in an empty install  runtime and run files through programs like correct reference (not available anymore I don't believe),  or now Dimensnion3d's "Poser File Organizer" .

It corrects and set the texture paths in the cr2, pz2, etc.  Then I actually move them to my poser runtime.

Or, I could just be lucky that it's never ocured for me :)

Same Experience here.

Eternal Hobbyist

Anim8dtoon ( ) posted Wed, 05 January 2022 at 11:00 AM
Forum Moderator

I just acquired Bella from Mankahoo's site and am very, very impressed with the work that Ali put into creating this figure. My question is, is her head shape such that she will take hair figures/props that were made for V4 without having to scale them up/down for a proper fit? And what about clothing? There is so little clothing for her that I feel that she probably would do best with dynamic clothing than anything else. Other than that, I guess I'd have to use Poser's fitting room....

SamTherapy ( ) posted Wed, 05 January 2022 at 11:48 AM

Hair will need some scaling, positioning and so on to fit but if it's one of Ali's hair figures, there are usually fit morphs provided.  

I've never found it a problem to fit hair to other figures, even without morphs provided for the job.  That includes ones from way back, such as Quarker's Grace Lion and similar.

Clothes wise, I don't know; I know there are various fitting options available in Poser but I've never used them, other than the old WW.

My Store

My Gallery

ghostship2 ( ) posted Thu, 06 January 2022 at 10:42 PM

Ali's cool. I had problems with the geometry of one of his hair pieces and he fixed it immediately.

W10, Ryzen 5 1600x, 16Gb,RTX2060Super+GTX980, PP11, 11.3.740

SamTherapy ( ) posted Wed, 12 April 2023 at 1:27 AM

Odd.  I got a notification about new activity in this thread, and there's a name showing up but no post to go with it.  I guess someone had a comment removed.

My Store

My Gallery

TwiztidKidd ( ) posted Fri, 14 April 2023 at 1:30 PM · edited Fri, 14 April 2023 at 1:38 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains profanity

It was a spammer, obviously... I remember I reported his sorry ass. I have no idea how they get to the old threads from the forums, beats me!

I have a suggestion to prevent spammers from crawling all over Renderosity, in another thread here but they don't seem interested in anything I have to say lately.

E9ZXZNiEIT8BpPTOEzgKhDfZwKNwAaVORbaBSAGl.PNG

This was your spammer: https://www.renderosity.com/forums/users/stats/emmaorabelle

Like I said spammers sign up and obtain the new membership and then they post a URL to godknows what malware. If you click on their link before a mod gets to remove it, you are bound to get fu**ed!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.