Sat, Jul 27, 4:42 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / MarketPlace Showcase

Welcome to the MarketPlace Showcase Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

MarketPlace Showcase F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jul 26 10:50 am)

Welcome to the MarketPlace Showcase Forum. The Showcase Forum and Gallery are intended for all commercial related postings by active Renderosity MarketPlace Vendors only. This is a highlight area where our membership is invited to review in greater detail the various art products, software and resource site subscriptions available for purchase in the Renderosity MarketPlace.

Subject: DUF Pose Converter Python Script for Poser 12

Ken1171_Designs ( ) posted Fri, 10 December 2021 at 2:27 AM · edited Fri, 26 July 2024 at 2:54 AM
Online Now!

~DUF Pose Converter for Poser 12~

**DUF Pose Converter is a Python script for Poser 12. Requires Poser 12.0.703 or later.

Want to expand your poses library? What if you could load DUF poses from DAZ Studio 4 and apply then in Poser to any figure you may have on stage? That's what this script does!

wdog4XA69T7521lQBKhs3wJ0loKJSfG1tUNLKdqm.jpg

Just drag & drop DUF poses over the drop area, and they will be instantly applied to your figure in Poser 12. The joint rotation order is automatically matched to your figure!

dLqqDna2lZ7Gh0DQHqSsQybP3HFHoyZbd3ydYUeY.jpg

You can also batch-convert any number of DUF poses to Poser native Pz2 format with drag & drop, and they get stored to your chosen folder location, complete with PNG thumbnails.

RrAR7xl4TonJvOoAwRJC9redNlfjuJ6FjXS4UoiL.jpg

There is an option to auto-place the figure on the floor when loading DUF poses, saving some extra work.

AlNzMszUfZGU6FhRtTbcP0aEBYzdZE71EGlWTM2R.jpg

**NOTE: This script allows loading and batch-converting DUF poses from DAZ Studio 4. Depending on what figure the pose was meant for, how well it would fit your figure might vary. You will need to experiment to figure out what poses work best with what figure. In some cases, pose adjustments might be needed. Check the manual for more details.

I have a few pose sets for Dawn that only sold for DAZ Studio, so I could never use them in Poser - until now! After some experimentation, it looks like poses for Genesis 1 and 2 work reasonably well with Dawn, needing very little adjustments. With so much content being made for DAZ Studio these days, this script makes DUF poses now welcome in Poser 12 with simple drag and drop. Works faster than loading poses from Poser itself, probably because it doesn't process the Undo overhead, which saves the entire scene to disk every time. That's probably why it's faster.

As a side note, some figures have different joint rotation orders, but this script auto-adjusts the poses on-the-fly, so poses you apply (or batch-convert) will match the joint rotation order used in your figure automatically. Pose adjustments may still be needed, but without matching joint rotation orders, the pose wouldn't look anything like the original when applied.

The script is current undergoing QAV at Renderosity, and should be available soon.

My Store at Renderosity

My Store at PoserSoftware

Characters, Body Sculpts, Morph Corrections, Outfits, Python Scripts, Universal Heads, and Videogames!

RAMWorks ( ) posted Fri, 10 December 2021 at 9:07 AM

So question Ken.  I created a BUNCH of poses for Aiko 3 way way back, can I convert them to like L'Homme or Dusk from a .ds file to a pz2 file?  

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

Ken1171_Designs ( ) posted Fri, 10 December 2021 at 11:15 AM
Online Now!
RAMWolff posted at 9:07 AM Fri, 10 December 2021 - #4431546

So question Ken.  I created a BUNCH of poses for Aiko 3 way way back, can I convert them to like L'Homme or Dusk from a .ds file to a pz2 file?  

Hi Rich. This script is for modern DS4 with DUF format. Before this, DAZ was using closed, undocumented, proprietary formats only they could read. What you can try is to save them from DS4 to modern DUF format. If DS can do that, then you can use the script to load them in Poser, or batch convert them to Pz2. 

My Store at Renderosity

Characters, Body Sculpts, Morph Corrections, Outfits, Python Scripts, Universal Heads, and Videogames!

RAMWorks ( ) posted Fri, 10 December 2021 at 12:52 PM

OK, so if I resave out all the older poses as .duf files it should work!  

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

Ken1171_Designs ( ) posted Mon, 13 December 2021 at 1:36 AM
Online Now!

After a number of people have asked if the script can make Genesis 8 poses work with figure X or Y, I've decided to clarify it here for everyone. The question seems fair, so let's clear it out. This is a script for converting file formats from DUF to PZ2, so we can use DAZ Studio 4 poses in Poser.

So first and foremost - that doesn't mean the poses we bring from DS4 would magically work with any figure in Poser. As usual, poses meant for different figures may or may not work well with your figure. For example, Genesis 1 and 2 poses work reasonably well with DawnSE, needing little adjustment. On the other hand, Genesis 3 and 8 poses work poorly with DawnSE, so this is a matter of experimentation to find out what poses work with what figure. 

For those of you who use a TriAx converted Genesis figure (any of them) in Poser, you will be able to use their DUF poses directly in Poser using this script. There are also cases where DawnSE poses were only released for DAZ Studio in DUF format, and you will be able to load them in Poser using this script. Those are some case examples where the poses will work perfectly with your figure because they were created for them. Even without file conversions, I have often used V4 poses with DawnSE, and even though some adjustment is needed, it's still better than starting from scratch. V4 hand poses work very well with DawnSE.

I hope this clears out any doubts about what the script does, and what it doesn't. Please ask me if you have any questions. :)

My Store at Renderosity

Ken1171_Designs ( ) posted Mon, 13 December 2021 at 1:37 AM
Online Now!
RAMWolff posted at 12:52 PM Fri, 10 December 2021 - #4431550

OK, so if I resave out all the older poses as .duf files it should work!  

Yes! The script can bring any poses from DS4 that are in DUF format. ^___^

My Store at Renderosity

Ken1171_Designs ( ) posted Tue, 14 December 2021 at 6:35 AM · edited Tue, 14 December 2021 at 6:35 AM
Online Now!

Good news - the DUF Pose Converter Python script for Poser 12 was approved by Rendo QAV has is now available HERE.   ^____^

veCHxMOpYrCHvElDsBZIu5Hv1BGKcH4qeQjDeIOI.jpg

My Store at Renderosity

Ken1171_Designs ( ) posted Tue, 14 December 2021 at 11:41 AM
Online Now!

I have recorded a demonstration video to show how to use the script, what features it has, and examples with loading/converting DAZ Studio 4 DUF poses from 3 different figures. Check the video out to learn more about the script with real world examples. --> LINK.

My Store at Renderosity

Ken1171_Designs ( ) posted Thu, 16 December 2021 at 3:00 AM · edited Thu, 16 December 2021 at 3:01 AM
Online Now!

I have released update v1.1.0 for the script this week. It fixes a glitch where Poser won't notice the scene has changed when we enable the "Auto-place on floor" option until we move the camera. Depending if you have purchased the script before or after the update was posted at Rendo, you may or may not have received the update notification. Make sure to update to the latest version. You can see the version at the title bar, so if it's 1.0.0, you can update it to 1.1.0 by removing the current version, and installing it again from the store. If you don't remove the current version first, it may not register the update after reinstalling due to versioning conflicts with the previous version. If you have my "Scripts Manager" tool, that's a 1-click operation. Otherwise, you have to manually find and delete the folder before reinstalling.

My Store at Renderosity

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.