Sat, Jul 27, 4:15 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / MarketPlace Showcase

Welcome to the MarketPlace Showcase Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

MarketPlace Showcase F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jul 26 10:50 am)

Welcome to the MarketPlace Showcase Forum. The Showcase Forum and Gallery are intended for all commercial related postings by active Renderosity MarketPlace Vendors only. This is a highlight area where our membership is invited to review in greater detail the various art products, software and resource site subscriptions available for purchase in the Renderosity MarketPlace.

Subject: Mags Master Python Script for Poser 12

Ken1171_Designs ( ) posted Sun, 03 October 2021 at 6:40 PM · edited Fri, 26 July 2024 at 10:50 PM
Online Now!

~Mags Master Python Script for Poser 12~

This is a Python script tool to automate many of the tasks when working with magnet deformers in Poser 12. It offers a centralized interface to manipulate magnets, magnet parts, and their parameters, with a myriad of automation commands to make the job quick and easy. I made the interface similar to Netherwork's "Magnet Toy", so if you have used that before, this should look familiar to you. However, this is taking advantage of a number of new Python API features not available before, so this tool can perform a few tasks that not even Poser itself can do. :)

GxG0szNnYWX3F8jdsX9FYLhBQgDuUZUX1ODrn5cw.jpg

Here is the general list of features:

kjBZDaCBKhlojztbMbIZiX3Vh3uzAOCKPouCI9Z1.jpg

The interface makes it easier to locate, select and manipulate magnets without having to hunt them down in the Poser viewport. We can even dial the parameters directly from the tool by dragging the mouse over them, with 4 levels of dialing precision, use right-click over them to zero them out, or type in values directly.

wUxpz1nZSbvkiARv3eJEygG2rpjGoZpu1RDZEU17.jpg

Right-clicking a magnet from the list opens a context menu with an extensive list of commands we can perform. It includes some features that allow doing things not even Poser or any other script could do (until now).

Oqn2f8RnNjwIWIzd7JNcM0BCrLFyVRR9trjUvk0I.jpg

Here's the expanded list of all commands:

eZx7zgTRexjVJpWbqL2FXeSjxUsDgJGQbi3yPjS3.jpg

As a reminder, it is still impossible in Poser to view what actors are in the list of affected actors of a magnet, and it is also impossible to remove items from it. Until now, Poser could only add items to the list, but we can't even see if the item was already included, and once added, actors cannot be removed. The Mags Master script offers complete control over this list, so now we can finally see what actors are included, we can add more, or remove them. I am proud to present this for the FIRST time in the Poser world - complete and proper access to a magnet's list of affected actors! \(^___^)/

gk6AYWBSB4C318r7Bdvhp20k9kFwc9xNcn5e2vQO.jpg

Other Mags Master exclusive features include:

• Creating symmetric clones of a magnet on the other side of a figure or prop - but this time including the magnet's weight maps! This was never possible in Poser or any other script.
  • Copy & Paste magnet values with or without symmetry, and (for the first time) including the magnet's weight maps.
  • Transferring magnet symmetry to an existing magnet on the other side, including (for the first time) the magnet's weight maps.

Those are some of the things I have always wanted in older Poser versions, and thanks to a collaboration with the Bondware Poser development team, these features are now available in the Poser 12's Python API, and Mags Master is the very first to make full use of them. At the moment, Poser still cannot perform these tasks, so this script is spearheading the new features even before Poser 12 offers them. \(*^▽^*)/

Some of the improvements added to the upcoming "MAT Edit" update v1.16.2 were already added to "Mags Master", such as:

• Auto-Docking disable toggle button
  • Support for high-DPI 4K monitors with pixel scaling applied
  • Keyboard shortcuts
  • Closing sub-panels with the ESC key
  • Closing the script with the ESC key

As usual, I will make a video demonstration showing how to use the tool, and some application examples. The included PDF manual covers all the features in more detail.

The tool is in final testing phase at the moment, as I create the store materials.

My Store at Renderosity

My Store at PoserSoftware

Characters, Body Sculpts, Morph Corrections, Outfits, Python Scripts, Universal Heads, and Videogames!

RAMWorks ( ) posted Sun, 03 October 2021 at 8:11 PM

Looks cool Ken!  

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

Ken1171_Designs ( ) posted Sun, 03 October 2021 at 11:55 PM
Online Now!

Thanks, Rich! ^__^/

My Store at Renderosity

Characters, Body Sculpts, Morph Corrections, Outfits, Python Scripts, Universal Heads, and Videogames!

Ken1171_Designs ( ) posted Mon, 04 October 2021 at 1:26 AM
Online Now!

Good news! "Mags Master" has been approved from beta-testing, and is now awaiting for Rendo QAV. However, the code in this script is SO NEW that it won't work in the current Poser 12 version. It requires functionality only available in the next Poser 12 public release. It's an unusual situation. We can't release it to the store until the next P12 public release, but we don't know when that will happen. We used to have weekly releases, but now that appears to be more random. That's a side effect of working on the bleeding edge of technology! LOL

My Store at Renderosity

Ken1171_Designs ( ) posted Tue, 05 October 2021 at 4:48 AM · edited Tue, 05 October 2021 at 4:52 AM
Online Now!

While waiting for the next Poser 12 public release that contains the new functionality this script requires, I have refined some of the functionality to make it more efficient.

* Whenever we spawn magnet morphs on a figure or prop, the magnets are automatically disabled, and the morph is set to "1.0", so we can see the new morph in effect without the magnet influence on it. Magnets can be reactivated at any time, but it's useful to disable them after spawning a morph, or else, the morph will appear to be applied in double.

* Morphs spawned on a figure will auto-generate a master dial on Body, so we can control the new morph globally from a single dial.

* Morphs spawned on a figure or prop will automatically set the master dial MIN and MAX limits to zero and 1.0, respectively, and locally enable limits on the master dial. 

Morphs spawned on a figure will automatically hide slave dials, leaving only the master dial visible on the Body actor.

* Deleting a spawned morph on a figure will automatically remove the respective master dial on Body, if it exists (I wish Poser would do this too), and reactivate the magnets, if still present.

Those add quality of life to the script workflow. ^___^

My Store at Renderosity

Ken1171_Designs ( ) posted Fri, 15 October 2021 at 4:53 AM
Online Now!

Good news! The Mags Master Python script for Poser 12 has been released today, and is now available at Renderosity. 

You can watch the demonstration video HERE, or at the product page. ^___^

My Store at Renderosity

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.