Sat, Jul 27, 12:44 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / MarketPlace Showcase

Welcome to the MarketPlace Showcase Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

MarketPlace Showcase F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jul 26 10:50 am)

Welcome to the MarketPlace Showcase Forum. The Showcase Forum and Gallery are intended for all commercial related postings by active Renderosity MarketPlace Vendors only. This is a highlight area where our membership is invited to review in greater detail the various art products, software and resource site subscriptions available for purchase in the Renderosity MarketPlace.

Subject: Scatter Tool Python Script for Poser 11

Ken1171_Designs ( ) posted Mon, 08 March 2021 at 2:16 AM · edited Fri, 26 July 2024 at 9:09 PM
Online Now!

~Scatter Tool Python Script for Poser 11~

**This version only works in Poser 11. A new and improved version is being released for Poser 12 with even more features.

Scatter Tool for Poser 11 available at Renderosity HERE.

Whenever you wish to add lots of objects to your scene, each with their own scale/rotation variations, with option to align them to follow a surface, this tool can fully automate that for you. Randomly scatter props and figures over any plane or 3D solid with a push of a button!

Promo000_1000x1300.jpg

The interface is simple, but powerful.

Promo00_800x600.jpg

What's Included & Features:

Python Script (.py) Scatter Tool plug-in for Poser Features:

• Fully automated scattering tool
  • Simple, easy-to-use interface
  • Can scatter both figures and props
  • Can manage multiple scattering layers in the same session
  • Automatically manages max number of scattered objects per surface
  • Option to auto-create scale and rotation variations for each scattered object
  • You can toggle all variations on/off in any order, and control their amounts
  • Option to align objects to the surface
  • Support for scattering billboard objects that always face the main camera
  • Billboard objects have an additional horizontal flipping option
  • Offers 8 preview styles to help managing performance impact
  • Preview styles can be applied separately per object to scatter
  • Allows mass-removing scattered objects with a single click
  • Mass-removing only affects objects created by the tool. It will not remove the original objects you have placed in the scene
  • Object mass-removing is specific to the currently selected object to scatter
  • Manages scene scattered objects with an self-maintained Grouping object
  • The internal Grouping object will keep all scattered objects separate from your scene in the Hierarchy Editor, so it remains organized and easier to manage
  • The internal Grouping object can be used to toggle all scattered objects visibility on/off with 1-click using the Hierarchy Editor
  • Auto-prefixes scattered object names to avoid conflicts with existing scene objects. There is an option to edit this prefix
  • Supports scattering figures with attached props and conformed items
  • Great way to automate the creation of large amount of objects to use in physics simulations
  • Manual (.pdf)
  • Illustrated PDF manual with instructions, hints, and usage examples

You can use the tool for a variety of applications, like for example, to create landscapes. The 2 examples below were made by scattering over the Poser ground plane.

ADS_Newsletter_1024x1180.jpg

You can use billboards to create entire forests where each tree is only a single poly, so even 200 trees wouldn't slow down Poser previews, and render much faster as well. Billboards can be made by rendering a high poly 3D tree, and then mapping it to a single-side square primitive from the Poser props > Primitives library. Don't know how to create billboard trees? Check my video tutorial and learn how quick and easy it is, using only a single render!

Promo01_1080.jpg

You can add variety to billboard forests by using the "Allow Flipping" option, which flips some billboards horizontally to add variety.

Promo06_800x600.jpg

Billboards are not limited to trees. Create crowds of people like it was never possible in Poser before.

Promo10_800x600.jpg

Add weeds to a ruined building.

Promo15_1080.jpg

Build a city out of low poly cubes:

Promo13_800x600.jpg

Build a brick wall.

Promo12_800x600.jpg

Make a maze out of cubes.

Promo11_800x600.jpg

Scatter over flat planes or morphed surfaces. WATCH VIDEO TUTORIAL HERE ON HOW TO DO THAT.

Learn about the Scatter Tool scene manager. VIDEO TUTORIAL PART 1 AND PART 2.

Learn how to scatter over specific places, instead of all over the place. WATCH VIDEO TUTORIAL HERE.!

Scatter Tool for Poser 11 available at Renderosity HERE.!!

My Store at Renderosity

My Store at PoserSoftware

Characters, Body Sculpts, Morph Corrections, Outfits, Python Scripts, Universal Heads, and Videogames!

Miss B ( ) posted Mon, 08 March 2021 at 6:03 PM

I have this Ken. I haven't mastered it yet, but I'll keep trying until I get it right. 🙂

OK . . . Where's my chocolate?

Butterfly Dezignz

Ken1171_Designs ( ) posted Mon, 08 March 2021 at 6:18 PM
Online Now!

Miss B posted at 6:18PM Mon, 08 March 2021 - #4414572

I have this Ken. I haven't mastered it yet, but I'll keep trying until I get it right. 🙂

We can have a lot of fun just experimenting. ^___^

My Store at Renderosity

Characters, Body Sculpts, Morph Corrections, Outfits, Python Scripts, Universal Heads, and Videogames!

infinity10 ( ) posted Wed, 10 March 2021 at 5:10 AM

Another question, Ken:

If I want to populate rows of books or wine bottles on horizontal shelves, can this script do that ? (I can guess I could rotate the props and populate and then rotate back)

Eternal Hobbyist

Ken1171_Designs ( ) posted Wed, 10 March 2021 at 12:15 PM
Online Now!

infinity10 posted at 12:01PM Wed, 10 March 2021 - #4414668

Another question, Ken:

If I want to populate rows of books or wine bottles on horizontal shelves, can this script do that ? (I can guess I could rotate the props and populate and then rotate back)

Yes, and the process would similar to how I have build the brick wall, but simpler. You may have to delete some extra bottles, but removing is easier than adding. :)

BottlesRow.jpg

My Store at Renderosity

infinity10 ( ) posted Wed, 10 March 2021 at 10:19 PM

Nice !!

Eternal Hobbyist

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.