Tue, May 7, 1:05 AM CDT

Welcome to the Poser 12 Forum

Forum Moderators: nerd, donnena Forum Coordinators: nerd

Poser 12 F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Apr 30 1:25 pm)

Welcome to the Poser Forums! Need help with these versions, advice on upgrading? Etc...you've arrived at the right place!

Looking for Poser Tutorials? Find those HERE

Subject: Poser photorealism and superfly skin setup needed please

ChromeStar ( ) posted Sun, 14 February 2021 at 1:20 AM

True, but I think you could still control it by going through a math node if you needed to.

hborre ( ) posted Sun, 14 February 2021 at 12:08 PM

That has crossed my mind. I haven't sat down yet to experiment with it.

RobZhena ( ) posted Sun, 14 February 2021 at 4:25 PM

I read this entire thread, and at rest my reaction was a self-confirming, “That’s exactly why I never use Superfly. It’s just too darned complicated.” But you all are making real progress. Congratulations! Still won’t use it.

Y-Phil ( ) posted Sun, 14 February 2021 at 5:39 PM

ChromeStar posted at 5:38PM Sun, 14 February 2021 - #4412698

With PrincipledBSDF, you would just connect your displacement to the root Cycles node instead (and your bump to the PrincipledBSDF node as shown). Still possible to use both if appropriate to do so.

Lol... I didn't thought about that... Thank you. and indeed, with a math node...

PhYl.

Win10 on i7 8700K@4.3Ghz, 64Gb, Asus TUF Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 2x 2Tb ssd + 6+4Tb hd  + 1x 8Tb hd + 1 10T NAS, Poser 11, Poser 12  and now Poser 13 

ghostship2 ( ) posted Sun, 14 February 2021 at 6:14 PM

RobZhena posted at 6:11PM Sun, 14 February 2021 - #4412770

I read this entire thread, and at rest my reaction was a self-confirming, “That’s exactly why I never use Superfly. It’s just too darned complicated.” But you all are making real progress. Congratulations! Still won’t use it.

SF just looks so much better. Yes there is a new workflow to wrap your brain around but it's worth it. Render FF.jpg

W10, Ryzen 5 1600x, 16Gb,RTX2060Super+GTX980, PP11, 11.3.740

Varnayrah ( ) posted Wed, 17 February 2021 at 3:11 AM · edited Wed, 17 February 2021 at 3:11 AM

@ Ghostship, thank you very much for the shader settings, your effords and help. Unfortunately it doesn't work for me in this special image, I suppose the light setup might be the cause. But it does work lovely in other images I did since, so it's definetively very useful for me!

And yes, I never looked back to firefly since I had superfly at hand... and once you're used to it its not that complicated. I'm even starting to get through those cycles nodes lol But you don't even need them for good reults. The physical surface is quite easy to use, and even the traditional poser shader setup isn't half bad if you keep some things in mind that superfly will do especially to glossy settings. So I would encourage you to give it a try, RobZhena.

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Thu, 18 March 2021 at 10:39 AM

Varnayrah posted at 10:38AM Thu, 18 March 2021 - #4411773

Please don't let us wait toooo long for her ;)

Just thought I'd let you know that the wait is over ;)

- - - - - - 

Feel free to call me Ohki!

Poser Pro 11, Poser 12 and Poser 13, Windows 10, Superfly junkie. My units are milimeters.

Persephone (the computer): AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, RTX 3070 GPU, 96gb ram.

TheAnimaGemini ( ) posted Wed, 05 May 2021 at 3:45 PM

To push up this thread again. I was trying to create some maps for LF. Normal and SSS map. I think I am close to the result I want. Lips need still some definition, but for now I am happy. LAFemme, Hair Bisquit , Eyes shader Ghostship

Charisse.jpg

La vie est éternelle. L'amour est immortel.

“Dwell on the beauty of life. Watch the stars, and see yourself running with them.”
― Marcus Aurelius,

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Wed, 05 May 2021 at 3:49 PM

Oh looking great there!

- - - - - - 

Feel free to call me Ohki!

Poser Pro 11, Poser 12 and Poser 13, Windows 10, Superfly junkie. My units are milimeters.

Persephone (the computer): AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, RTX 3070 GPU, 96gb ram.

Y-Phil ( ) posted Wed, 05 May 2021 at 3:53 PM

I love that skin ❤

PhYl.

Win10 on i7 8700K@4.3Ghz, 64Gb, Asus TUF Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 2x 2Tb ssd + 6+4Tb hd  + 1x 8Tb hd + 1 10T NAS, Poser 11, Poser 12  and now Poser 13 

Miss B ( ) posted Wed, 05 May 2021 at 5:19 PM

Ohhhh, looking good AG. 🙂

OK . . . Where's my chocolate?

Butterfly Dezignz

TheAnimaGemini ( ) posted Thu, 06 May 2021 at 12:44 AM

@Aphrodite-Ohki @ Miss B@ Y-Phil Thank you. :) The skin texture is not mine. It is from Tempesta ( Charise character. ) I just work on Normal and SSS , Roughness maps for it in Substance. Still a lot work to do, but I am getting there slowly. The problem will be better skin shader. Try to convert a Blender skin shader in Poser. The problem, it use color ramp and RGB Curves . 😒 Will have to pull up my sleeves here.

La vie est éternelle. L'amour est immortel.

“Dwell on the beauty of life. Watch the stars, and see yourself running with them.”
― Marcus Aurelius,

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.