Mon, May 13, 1:51 PM CDT

Welcome to the Poser 12 Forum

Forum Moderators: nerd, donnena Forum Coordinators: nerd

Poser 12 F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Apr 30 1:25 pm)

Welcome to the Poser Forums! Need help with these versions, advice on upgrading? Etc...you've arrived at the right place!

Looking for Poser Tutorials? Find those HERE

Subject: Does Poser 12 support Genesis 7/8/X models?

Y-Phil ( ) posted Sun, 08 November 2020 at 1:36 PM

CHK2033 posted at 8:32PM Sun, 08 November 2020 - #4403892

She's ok if it works for you then that's all that really matters anyway. just like any thing, the only thing that matters is that it works for you.

wait is she a morph or a complete character that still needs vicky (like a morph???) like the old one from RDNA (weightmapped Vicky)

Basically, it's a full character, but with very few morphs (everything moves: arms, head, etc...), as it's designed to accept vic4 base morphs. And if you have morphs++, use them, but it's not mandatory. By the time, I bought rdna's wmm, but this weight-mapped version is the best i've found till now.

PhYl.

Win10 on i7 8700K@4.3Ghz, 64Gb, Asus TUF Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 2x 2Tb ssd + 6+4Tb hd  + 1x 8Tb hd + 1 10T NAS, Poser 11, Poser 12  and now Poser 13 

Azath ( ) posted Sun, 08 November 2020 at 1:38 PM

Well now that Rendo is owner of the new Poser every little Production of Poser assets will be a gift for them, no matter where they are sold. the more stores support Poser assets the better for Poser, even better if Creators start to rebuild the little site stores with the Poser assets this will bring more versatility. Allot of stores closed and most small ones jumped to DAZ not selling any Poser assets anymore . So this would be the future to go , the way it is now not to mention any external store in the forums is sure the wrong way to Promote Poser as the small stores do Promote Rendo the do not censure there link. So the more the better to have new Creators and customers .

Right now the Poser section here is looking a little like CP did in times and there is allot to be done that it gets better.

wolf359 ( ) posted Sun, 08 November 2020 at 3:32 PM

Ok, to each their own of course. Personally I think it's simpler, easier, and less confusing if each character is self contained. If you wish, check out the Noname Doll. There's nothing confusing about it. It's a single folder, and everything you need is within that folder. I don't have to know anything else, find anything else, buy anything else, >install >anything else.

Are you a prolific content creator who will support all of those stand alone poser figures with new content when people want that one-off"Doll" to wear a different outfit or hair??

Please go read about the history of third party poser figures.

I develop for the CC3 bases I make one outfit and any Iclone avatar male or female can wear it.

A universal figure eco system where the base figures can share all content is the only way forward to get developers supporting your program.

Poser is about animating >human characters

What are ones options to make a poser figure speak alot of dialog for an animated film?

When poser 11 was released the erstwhile product manager("nerd") pubicly posted that the state of the poser animation tools "makes him sad"?

So job # 1 should be to load the program up with so many great characters >that DAZ becomes irrelevant..... So long as Poser users are whining about an >inability to use DAZ characters, >Poser is in trouble.

Well bondware has made it clear that LF/LH are the official poser figures going forward and people still have a new Dawn version coming it seems and thier massive hoards of DAZ vicky4 content, so don't dispair...there are options for you guys.?

My website

YouTube Channel

wolf359 ( ) posted Sun, 08 November 2020 at 3:34 PM · edited Sun, 08 November 2020 at 3:37 PM

Double deleted.

My website

YouTube Channel

BabaBozo ( ) posted Sun, 08 November 2020 at 6:19 PM

CHK2033, my business experience goes back to 1980. Forty years. Were any of you even alive back then? :-) I built a net startup from scratch by myself, sold it to a big dog, and retired at age 45. Which is why I have the time to fiddle around with silly stuff like Poser.

That said, of course anything I post can reasonably be debated.

CHK2033 ( ) posted Sun, 08 November 2020 at 6:53 PM

Heres the thing, If I explain it to you then I would be doing the same thing you are doing,(derailing the thread with off topic nonsense)

So unless you have some way to help the OP get G8 inside of Poser or can explain to them why it cant be done, please go derail another thread

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

HP Zbook 17 G6,  intel Xeon  64 GB of ram 1 TB SSD, Quadro RTX 5000 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

TheAnimaGemini ( ) posted Mon, 09 November 2020 at 3:01 AM

@wolf359 What I said. No one vendor will support so many new figures. LF/LH and Dawn/Dusk should stay as base characters and just build an écosystème around them.

La vie est éternelle. L'amour est immortel.

“Dwell on the beauty of life. Watch the stars, and see yourself running with them.”
― Marcus Aurelius,

hborre ( ) posted Mon, 09 November 2020 at 8:11 PM
Online Now!

I hate to break this news to users but SASHA-16 scripts don't work in Poser 12. If you have characters created pre-P12 then those characters will continue to work but converting clothing to fit SASHA-16. I hope Karina is able to make updates. This will delay any development on Michael 4 if that project is still viable.

Y-Phil ( ) posted Tue, 10 November 2020 at 4:21 PM · edited Tue, 10 November 2020 at 4:22 PM

hborre posted at 4:11PM Tue, 10 November 2020 - #4404065

I hate to break this news to users but SASHA-16 scripts don't work in Poser 12. If you have characters created pre-P12 then those characters will continue to work but converting clothing to fit SASHA-16. I hope Karina is able to make updates. This will delay any development on Michael 4 if that project is still viable.

Originally, it exists a folder, named "karina" in the program's ":Python:poserScripts" folder. In my case, it's still under SM's Poser 11 folder. So I've just moved it in the corresponding folder, but in my Sasha-16 runtime to make it works. Just to be sure, I've followed the steps for Sase's Nicole:

Sasha-Nicole 1.png

PhYl.

Win10 on i7 8700K@4.3Ghz, 64Gb, Asus TUF Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 2x 2Tb ssd + 6+4Tb hd  + 1x 8Tb hd + 1 10T NAS, Poser 11, Poser 12  and now Poser 13 

hborre ( ) posted Tue, 10 November 2020 at 5:07 PM
Online Now!

I've already resolved the problem. I needed to copy the Python Script folder to the Poser 12 runtime. It works well now.

Saberr ( ) posted Sat, 14 November 2020 at 5:25 PM

Just a quick side question.

I've used poser up through Poser Pro 2012, bought a copy of Poser pro 2014 whe it came out but Tried Daz studio and haven't gone back.

Now I own hundreds upon hundreds of $ worth of G8 resources.

Since I wasn't eligable for the discount price I would need to pay full price ( a heck of a lot of $ during pandemic for a hobbyist) and NOT be able to use any of my existing g8 resources, leaving me with whatevers included + some old V4 stuff (which still works under Pro 2012 or 2014 if I chose to install it I assume) so why should I ever even bother to pay all that up front $ for the program and then have to start building a whole new library of resources, for even more money?

It'd be a no brainer if I could just load up and use all my G8 stuff I've got and continue to buy more G8 stuff and if something new popped up for whatever character the new poser uses thats good add that to it.

But I can't see spending the up front cash for somethign that would basically require me to duplicate purchase new versions of much of what I already have for Daz & G8.

What am I missing?

What would ever make Poser worth the cost?

Rhia474 ( ) posted Sat, 14 November 2020 at 6:01 PM

For you? Probably nothing. Like you said, you are invested in DAZ. And that's fine. For those of us who never jumped on genesis for one reason or other, a lot of reasons.

(I also typed a lot more here, but then I decided, that., after all, this has been hashed out so many times it's just not worth hashing it out again.)

ghostship2 ( ) posted Sat, 14 November 2020 at 6:02 PM

Why would I ever go to the Daz3d forum and post about how I can't use poser native figures in Daz Studio? I mean, what's in it for me? They gonna pay me for that? You convince me that I should use Daz3d and pay for all that G8 stuff up front when I got $$$ invested in V4.

Do you see how stupid your post sounds now?

W10, Ryzen 5 1600x, 16Gb,RTX2060Super+GTX980, PP11, 11.3.740

randym77 ( ) posted Sat, 14 November 2020 at 6:18 PM

I never had any problem with Sasha because she had a runtime of her own, and I just had to attach it to Poser 12.

But I wonder if there might be a problem if someone doesn't have Sasha, and has to install her from scratch. Do the scripts Karina wrote for that still work?

randym77 ( ) posted Sat, 14 November 2020 at 6:24 PM

I think the only reason a DS user would want to buy Poser is if, for some reason, they wanted to use Poser-only figures like La Femme and L'Homme.

There's someone who has uploaded a bunch of La Femme freebies to Free Stuff in DS format. I really don't get that, but I guess he must love La Femme.

hborre ( ) posted Sat, 14 November 2020 at 8:51 PM
Online Now!

randym77 posted at 8:44PM Sat, 14 November 2020 - #4404610

I never had any problem with Sasha because she had a runtime of her own, and I just had to attach it to Poser 12.

But I wonder if there might be a problem if someone doesn't have Sasha, and has to install her from scratch. Do the scripts Karina wrote for that still work?

The Sasha-16 2019 edition installation will still work in Poser 12. I committed a blunder where I linked my Sasha runtime to P12 but failed to copy the Python Script folder from P11 to P12. As a result, I wasn't able to load the base figure nor any scripts from the Library. My savviness traced down the problem quickly and found the solution.

randym77 ( ) posted Sat, 14 November 2020 at 9:36 PM

Interesting. I did not copy my Python folder over, but I do have both the Poser 11 and Poser 12 default runtimes attached to Poser 12. If I detach the Poser 11 runtime, will Sasha no longer work?

hborre ( ) posted Sat, 14 November 2020 at 10:42 PM
Online Now!

My assessment, Sasha-16 2019 Edition scripts will not work. It needs to find those scripts located in the default runtimes. Sasha-16, on the other hand, created prior to P12 and saved back to the Poser Library will retain all its functionality.

RedPhantom ( ) posted Sun, 15 November 2020 at 6:14 AM
Site Admin

randym77 posted at 6:13AM Sun, 15 November 2020 - #4404646

Interesting. I did not copy my Python folder over, but I do have both the Poser 11 and Poser 12 default runtimes attached to Poser 12. If I detach the Poser 11 runtime, will Sasha no longer work?

Maybe move (or install) Sasha into the poser 12 runtime.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

randym77 ( ) posted Sun, 15 November 2020 at 6:29 AM

I'm actually not having any problem with Sasha installed in her own runtime, which is attached to both Poser 11 and Poser 12. She works just fine in both, and I didn't have to move or copy any Python folders.

hborre ( ) posted Sun, 15 November 2020 at 9:45 AM
Online Now!

Do you have both versions of Sasha-16? The original release has no problems in P12, it's the 2019 Edition that seems to have objections. And this way on 2 different machines. Anyway, I am glad to report that everything has been straightened out and the scripts indeed are happy under both environments.

randym77 ( ) posted Sun, 15 November 2020 at 12:38 PM

I only have the 2019 edition of Sasha. I could not get the earlier version installed.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.