Mon, May 6, 2:11 AM CDT

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 May 05 11:53 pm)

Subject: Black Panther

rokket ( ) posted Tue, 27 October 2020 at 5:31 PM

phoenix.png

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

Miss B ( ) posted Tue, 27 October 2020 at 8:19 PM

Very nice Rokket. Keep up the good work. ๐Ÿ˜‰

OK . . . Where's my chocolate?

Butterfly Dezignz

rokket ( ) posted Tue, 27 October 2020 at 8:49 PM

I would like to see what people can do with the maps I made.

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

rokket ( ) posted Wed, 28 October 2020 at 8:23 AM

phoenix mask.png

Now that I messed around and did this monstrosity, I will get to work on the real helmet...

rokket ( ) posted Wed, 28 October 2020 at 10:00 PM

helmet.png

Found a freebie on Turbosquid. While it's a bit too Star Wars-esque for me, it'll do.

rokket ( ) posted Fri, 30 October 2020 at 6:26 AM

warrior.png

I am having a blast entertaining myself. I pulled old Alyson2 out of the runtime and started throwing things together. There are lots of symmetry errors, but I don't care.

EClark1894 ( ) posted Fri, 30 October 2020 at 7:19 PM

My question has nothing to do with costume. Good work. I do have a problem though with a woman as Black Panther. And no that's not the same as the problem I had with a female doctor. Who. But after sitting through the film and watching the ordeal Boseman had to endure, I don't think I can accept a female panther.

rokket ( ) posted Fri, 30 October 2020 at 7:32 PM

EClark1894 posted at 5:30PM Fri, 30 October 2020 - #4402536

My question has nothing to do with costume. Good work. I do have a problem though with a woman as Black Panther. And no that's not the same as the problem I had with a female doctor. Who. But after sitting through the film and watching the ordeal Boseman had to endure, I don't think I can accept a female panther.

That's understandable, but in the comics, Shuri does become the Black Panther. And in the MCU, she will replace T'Challa because of Chadwick Boseman's death.

EClark1894 ( ) posted Sat, 31 October 2020 at 11:15 AM

Makes me wonder if they'll even acknowledge Boseman's death in the MCU. After all, Shuri could simply take up the Black Panther mantle because TChalla would be too busy with affairs of state.

rokket ( ) posted Sat, 31 October 2020 at 6:32 PM

EClark1894 posted at 4:25PM Sat, 31 October 2020 - #4402603

Makes me wonder if they'll even acknowledge Boseman's death in the MCU. After all, Shuri could simply take up the Black Panther mantle because TChalla would be too busy with affairs of state.

I don't know. I guess it would depend on how they want the story to unfold. I am thinking they will acknowledge his death because if he simply stood down to play king, he would have to appear on screen at some point.

My guess is that there is a villain strong enough to take him down, and Shuri would have to take over. She wouldn't be ready to be the full on Black Panther, so this movie would be about learning how to operate in the suit along with using her substantial IQ to defeat the bad guy who killed her brother. But that's kind of a cliche, so Marvel would not want to go that route. They have proven to be pretty good story tellers. I think they will figure it out.

rokket ( ) posted Wed, 04 November 2020 at 8:40 PM

panther.png

This is the last one of these and I am putting this to bod. V4. The advantage is that she has a lot of morphs. The disadvantage is that it's a bit harder to create a second skin because of how her mesh is grouped. But it's not impossible if you take your time, and can get hold of the templates...

rokket ( ) posted Thu, 05 November 2020 at 2:24 AM

panther2.png

bwldrd ( ) posted Thu, 05 November 2020 at 8:46 AM

Looking good :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Consider me insane if you wish, but is your reality any better?

Miss B ( ) posted Thu, 05 November 2020 at 1:24 PM

I'm liking how this turned out Rokket. ๐Ÿ™‚

Butterfly Dezignz

rokket ( ) posted Thu, 05 November 2020 at 5:11 PM

I enjoy the creation. But once it's at a point where I can consider it finished, I let all the files that created it sit in folders on my laptop until I decide to break it out again. But that's usually after a considerable amount of time has passed, and I revisit it to see if I can do it differently, or if I learned a new technique I think would work on it. There are a lot of these second skin suits that I have deleted.

Miss B ( ) posted Thu, 05 November 2020 at 9:50 PM

I've never tried to make a second skin, and I'm not sure I'd even know where to start.

Butterfly Dezignz

rokket ( ) posted Thu, 05 November 2020 at 9:56 PM ยท edited Thu, 05 November 2020 at 9:57 PM

There are a couple of ways to start. If you have Photoshop or GIMP, or any photo manipulation software, you can bring the character's skin textures in and start creating your costume around it. Or you can get the templates and work from that. I tend to use both. I put the template on the bottom layer, put the skin on top of it, bringing the opacity down until I can clearly see the template lines through the skin, then start my costume on a 3rd layer on top. It can be tricky, especially if you are trying to create a costume for the G2 characters Sydney, Jessie or Olivia because they are not symmetrical. And if the skin is broken into a bunch of different maps, lining everything up can become a headache and make you want to quit. But it's therapeutic for me.

Miss B ( ) posted Fri, 06 November 2020 at 12:26 PM

Ohhhh, duuuuh! I should've realized using the character's skin templates would do the trick. Thanks for the reminder. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Butterfly Dezignz

EClark1894 ( ) posted Fri, 06 November 2020 at 12:47 PM

rokket posted at 1:44PM Fri, 06 November 2020 - #4402626

My guess is that there is a villain strong enough to take him down, and Shuri would have to take over. She wouldn't be ready to be the full on Black Panther, so this movie would be about learning how to operate in the suit along with using her substantial IQ to defeat the bad guy who killed her brother. But that's kind of a cliche, so Marvel would not want to go that route. They have proven to be pretty good story tellers. I think they will figure it out.

If it's a "learning to be Black Panther" movie I could see one of the warriors wearing the suit, Shuri made the suit, so she should already know everything it can do and more.

rokket ( ) posted Mon, 09 November 2020 at 8:27 AM

EClark1894 posted at 6:25AM Mon, 09 November 2020 - #4403622

rokket posted at 1:44PM Fri, 06 November 2020 - #4402626

If it's a "learning to be Black Panther" movie I could see one of the warriors wearing the suit, Shuri made the suit, so she should already know everything it can do and more.

I think there is a big difference in knowing what the suit can do, and being able to use it effectively. Her fight with Kilmonger in the final battle of the movie is a good example. She was about to get her butt kicked by him when her brother intervened. She has a lot to learn about fighting and combat...

rokket ( ) posted Mon, 09 November 2020 at 8:33 AM

Supergirl New 52.jpg

I may as well put this to rest too. I have gotten to the point where if I keep adding things to this costume, I run the risk of overdoing it.

Miss B ( ) posted Mon, 09 November 2020 at 11:47 AM

Looking good rokket. ๐Ÿ™‚

Butterfly Dezignz

rokket ( ) posted Mon, 09 November 2020 at 6:00 PM

Miss B posted at 6:00PM Mon, 09 November 2020 - #4404005

Can you believe that's Miki 4?

Miss B ( ) posted Mon, 09 November 2020 at 7:20 PM ยท edited Mon, 09 November 2020 at 7:20 PM

rokket posted at 7:19PM Mon, 09 November 2020 - #4404057

Miss B posted at 6:00PM Mon, 09 November 2020 - #4404005

Can you believe that's Miki 4?

Really? Looking VERY good rokket. ๐Ÿ˜

Butterfly Dezignz

rokket ( ) posted Mon, 09 November 2020 at 10:14 PM

I still have a lot of fun working with her.

rokket ( ) posted Mon, 23 November 2020 at 4:46 AM

Supergirl.png

Not sure yet.

rokket ( ) posted Mon, 23 November 2020 at 7:43 AM

Supergirl2.png With or without the belt? With or without the piping?

Miss B ( ) posted Mon, 23 November 2020 at 1:29 PM

I'm liking this second version better than the first. ๐Ÿ™‚

Butterfly Dezignz

rokket ( ) posted Mon, 23 November 2020 at 8:38 PM

Supergirl WIP.png

Miss B ( ) posted Mon, 23 November 2020 at 10:44 PM

I'm still liking the second one best rokket, but hey it's yours to play with so choose which one "you" like best. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Butterfly Dezignz

rokket ( ) posted Mon, 23 November 2020 at 11:26 PM

I can't seem to be able to post any images now...

I liked the second one too, except for the abdominal padding. It wasn't symmetrical.

rokket ( ) posted Tue, 24 November 2020 at 12:16 AM

WIP2.pngWIP1.pngWIP3.png

Miss B ( ) posted Tue, 24 November 2020 at 12:32 AM

This last one is looking nice too.

Butterfly Dezignz

rokket ( ) posted Tue, 24 November 2020 at 12:45 AM

I lowered the strength of the bump maps.... wip1.pngwip2.pngwip3.png

rokket ( ) posted Tue, 24 November 2020 at 7:30 PM

suit.pngsuit2.pngsuit3.png

hborre ( ) posted Tue, 24 November 2020 at 8:03 PM

Looking good.

rokket ( ) posted Tue, 24 November 2020 at 8:28 PM

Thanks. I have to work on a better cape. Capes have typically been my Achilles heel, but I have managed to create a few good ones. Here is an update with her posed. This is Dawn SE, by the way. I realized two days ago that I have a ton of Poser 11 content I never installed. But it's a pain in the butt to manually install all of that...

supergirl.png

rokket ( ) posted Tue, 24 November 2020 at 9:57 PM

supergirl.png

Miss B ( ) posted Tue, 24 November 2020 at 10:52 PM

That's Dawn?? Looking good, rokket!! I'm liking this latest version a lot.

Butterfly Dezignz

rokket ( ) posted Tue, 24 November 2020 at 10:57 PM ยท edited Tue, 24 November 2020 at 10:59 PM

Thank you. I am second guessing the choice I made on the boots, though. I may remodel them. I like the over the knee thing, but not the base of it. I think I need a low heel.

Miss B ( ) posted Wed, 25 November 2020 at 12:28 AM

Yes, I can see a low heel working with that style boot. ~nods~

Butterfly Dezignz

rokket ( ) posted Wed, 25 November 2020 at 1:11 AM

Supergirl new.png

Miss B ( ) posted Wed, 25 November 2020 at 12:51 PM

Yes, that makes quite a difference. ๐Ÿ™‚

Butterfly Dezignz

EClark1894 ( ) posted Wed, 25 November 2020 at 8:21 PM

Miss B posted at 8:21PM Wed, 25 November 2020 - #4403484

Frankly, I'm a little disappointed. The helmet looks like a Power Ranger.

rokket ( ) posted Wed, 25 November 2020 at 9:29 PM

EClark1894 posted at 9:28PM Wed, 25 November 2020 - #4405757

Really? I kind of left that one, but I guess I could redo it...

rokket ( ) posted Thu, 26 November 2020 at 5:08 AM

Guess Who.png So this is my next project. Do you know who she is?

EClark1894 ( ) posted Thu, 26 November 2020 at 5:11 AM

rokket posted at 5:10AM Thu, 26 November 2020 - #4405760

Also, but not your fault, I absolutely hate Supergirl in pants. She needs her skirt... and a belt. :)

rokket ( ) posted Thu, 26 November 2020 at 8:14 AM

EClark1894 posted at 8:08AM Thu, 26 November 2020 - #4405768

rokket posted at 5:10AM Thu, 26 November 2020 - #4405760

Also, but not your fault, I absolutely hate Supergirl in pants. She needs her skirt... and a belt. :)

They have been going back and forth on the costume for a long time. In the tv series they finally put her in pants, and Melissa Benoist was tickled about it because they film up in Canada and it's cold all the time. But a purist will always be a purist. I just like to experiment. These are just exercises to keep me from going nuts. I never intend to become a vendor or ever put anything in the freestuff ever again...

rokket ( ) posted Fri, 27 November 2020 at 4:17 AM ยท edited Fri, 27 November 2020 at 4:17 AM

If Marvel had stuck to the comic versions of some of their costumes, Gamora would have ended up looking like a green version of Scarlett Witch: Gamora.jpg

They changed her costume out later on, and in some ways, I think they should have stuck with this one, as it would have made her relationship with Nebula more apparent:

3884379-gamora.jpg

rokket ( ) posted Fri, 27 November 2020 at 4:18 AM

Gamora WIP.png

Still modeling the armor, so her bottom isn't done yet...

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.