Mon, May 6, 8:11 AM CDT

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 May 06 7:08 am)

Subject: Coming home to Poser

IMP3D ( ) posted Wed, 05 August 2020 at 4:25 PM

randym77 posted at 4:22PM Wed, 05 August 2020 - #4395917

Oh, neat! So it is based off the TV show. I assumed it was the movie.

I'm glad someone's making male SF clothing.

Or not. Apparently they're too similar, and haven't sold enough - the second one was released only yesterday -, so will now be rejected.

It's just us, then.

EldritchCellar ( ) posted Wed, 05 August 2020 at 5:05 PM

IanMPalmer posted at 6:04PM Wed, 05 August 2020 - #4396034

randym77 posted at 4:22PM Wed, 05 August 2020 - #4395917

Oh, neat! So it is based off the TV show. I assumed it was the movie.

I'm glad someone's making male SF clothing.

Or not. Apparently they're too similar, and haven't sold enough - the second one was released only yesterday -, so will now be rejected.

It's just us, then.

Can you clarify what you're saying here?

W10 Pro, HP Envy X360 Laptop, Intel Core i7-10510U, NVIDIA GeForce MX250, Intel UHD, 16 GB DDR4-2400 SDRAM, 1 TB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD

Mudbox 2022, Adobe PS CC, Poser Pro 11.3, Blender 2.9, Wings3D 2.2.5

My Freestuff and Gallery at ShareCG

EldritchCellar ( ) posted Wed, 05 August 2020 at 5:06 PM

Do you mean rejected by Rendo or buyers?

W10 Pro, HP Envy X360 Laptop, Intel Core i7-10510U, NVIDIA GeForce MX250, Intel UHD, 16 GB DDR4-2400 SDRAM, 1 TB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD

randym77 ( ) posted Wed, 05 August 2020 at 8:06 PM

Well, that sucks. I wonder if they would accept it if you spaced them out more?

IMP3D ( ) posted Thu, 06 August 2020 at 1:16 AM

EldritchCellar posted at 1:12AM Thu, 06 August 2020 - #4396047

Do you mean rejected by Rendo or buyers?

By Renderosity, for those reasons: too similar, and the existing - one a month old, and one just released - haven't sold enough.

They have given more detailed feedback, suggesting I make future products look more different in promos, but the idea here was the opposite: to make them look like a series. That's useful, because my thinking was the opposite of theirs, so I'd have submitted more rejectable products.

IMP3D ( ) posted Thu, 06 August 2020 at 1:21 AM

randym77 posted at 1:18AM Thu, 06 August 2020 - #4396076

Well, that sucks. I wonder if they would accept it if you spaced them out more?

I don't know. I'd been working on a better base mesh for this series, and planning some of a different general style - Space:1999, for instance -, so I might try it; but not right now.

randym77 ( ) posted Thu, 06 August 2020 at 6:51 AM

A Space 1999 outfit would be very useful, I think. I never liked that show, but that style of clothing is a bit like the Valiant and Courageous outfits for M4 and V4, which have a ridiculous number of textures out there, that can turn them into all kinds of cosplay items. Babylon 5 uniforms, Trek costumes (everything from Starfleet uniforms to Klingon outfits to Troi's dress), etc.

I do think for that era, you need a matching outfit for La Femme. Women wore scanty costumes in Flash Gordon and Logan's Run (there were no Sandwomen that I can recall, certainly not in the regular or recurring cast). But Space: 1999 had men and women in the same uniform, and I think clothing would be of limited use unless you could dress LF and LH in similar outfits.

IMP3D ( ) posted Thu, 06 August 2020 at 8:19 AM

randym77 posted at 8:10AM Thu, 06 August 2020 - #4396107

A Space 1999 outfit would be very useful, I think. I never liked that show, but that style of clothing is a bit like the Valiant and Courageous outfits for M4 and V4, which have a ridiculous number of textures out there, that can turn them into all kinds of cosplay items. Babylon 5 uniforms, Trek costumes (everything from Starfleet uniforms to Klingon outfits to Troi's dress), etc.

I do think for that era, you need a matching outfit for La Femme. Women wore scanty costumes in Flash Gordon and Logan's Run (there were no Sandwomen that I can recall, certainly not in the regular or recurring cast). But Space: 1999 had men and women in the same uniform, and I think clothing would be of limited use unless you could dress LF and LH in similar outfits.

Yes. There are several questions, one being how authentic I make them. I don't want to infringe any copyrights, and Renderosity makes it clear that that's the vendor's responsibility - but there are loads of superhero costumes with no real attempt to avoid copying. My Nolan's Run is pretty close.

There's so much more existing product for females that I'd be surprised if there's not a credible Jessica or whoever out there, but you're right about uniforms like Space; 1999's, and I had thought about that.

Of course, every female costume seems to inspire someone to dial the breasts to 5000%, and hang the character upside-down on a wall...

EldritchCellar ( ) posted Thu, 06 August 2020 at 8:47 AM

I think Barbarella inspired getups would be interesting... sort of sticking with your retro sci fi/pulp genre direction but also heading into the more popular kitschy sex kitten garb. Not sure if you'd have any interest in making that type of attire for La Femme though, or even stuff for La Femme in general...

5f31bd8d30fb992a3d2669bbdcd95a44.jpg

f70e478fe14c3adda261ce6b78e43ac8.jpg

35604e1418dadd0eb4376e7a2ae50173.jpg

IMP3D ( ) posted Thu, 06 August 2020 at 9:05 AM

EldritchCellar posted at 9:04AM Thu, 06 August 2020 - #4396112

I think Barbarella inspired getups would be interesting... sort of sticking with your retro sci fi/pulp genre direction but also heading into the more popular kitschy sex kitten garb. Not sure if you'd have any interest in making that type of attire for La Femme though, or even stuff for La Femme in general...

5f31bd8d30fb992a3d2669bbdcd95a44.jpg

f70e478fe14c3adda261ce6b78e43ac8.jpg

35604e1418dadd0eb4376e7a2ae50173.jpg

But then, where do you go? Stick with M4 and V4 for Poser, or give up and go DS?

EldritchCellar ( ) posted Thu, 06 August 2020 at 9:21 AM

Well. Unless you start creating more sets and props or start creating standalone figures of critters like Dinoraul or Nursoda... creatively your kind of painted into a corner as a 3d artist here, at least as a SELLING one. You either create character morph texture sets or clothes for whatever figure is most popular. So that's your answer IMO.

M4 is a very real alternative for a while I think, at least for Male clothing.

If you really wanted to be free of the confining nature of creating assets (not saying you do) intended for use with popular figures, and consequently market forces, I would concentrate on making environments and props. There's always a demand there. Plus your less likely to be sneered at by the rest of the 3d art world LOL.

WDBeaver ( ) posted Thu, 06 August 2020 at 9:51 AM

I'd second sets, Ian. My personal preference is in the fashion that Davo at Rotica uses; a set scale with basic architectural forms you can assemble, with objects to fill in the space. Wild walls and ceilings for ease of camera movement and lighting. A few poses that load the scene as it was designed, but having the ability to kitbash to produce unique sets to work with. Many years ago, Little Dragon whipped up a dynamic mattress for me that fits the bed frame of Davo's SFCC, and it has gone in every scene I've built with that. That's something I've been surprised hasn't become common; dynamic cushions in furniture that you run a basic 30 frame simulation with, and you have your characters placed in a chair where soft surfaces deform without any morphs. You could get the same effect with softbody physics. Put a sufficient positive pressure in a properly designed object, and you get impact pillows that could be attached to the interior corridors of a set for safety. Or cushions that don't use the cloth room, but the Bullet engine.

What Poser needs is a sponsored course and some master classes. Daz and Iclone have snatched the net ad space while SM was just letting it slide. The days of 'one big family' are long gone, and Poser needs to start playing to its strengths. A lot of knowledge has been allowed to fade of has been lost in one way or another. If a double handful of folks vanish, then a lot of Poser geekdom simply vanishes, and it becomes just as opaque as a lot of programs, with nowhere near the appeal.

Anim8dtoon ( ) posted Tue, 11 August 2020 at 10:34 PM
Forum Moderator Online Now!

I personally would love to see more clothing created for Apolllo Maximus as he's still an extremely versatile figure, and there is so little out there for him. He also needs more skin and eye textures. Just my two cents!

RobZhena ( ) posted Wed, 12 August 2020 at 6:50 PM

Anim8dtoon posted at 7:49PM Wed, 12 August 2020 - #4396674

I personally would love to see more clothing created for Apolllo Maximus as he's still an extremely versatile figure, and there is so little out there for him. He also needs more skin and eye textures. Just my two cents!

You have the fitting room, which means you can convert clothing made for probably hundreds of other figures to Apollo Maximus.

Anim8dtoon ( ) posted Wed, 12 August 2020 at 7:09 PM
Forum Moderator Online Now!

RobZhena posted at 7:07PM Wed, 12 August 2020 - #4396755

Anim8dtoon posted at 7:49PM Wed, 12 August 2020 - #4396674

You have the fitting room, which means you can convert clothing made for probably hundreds of other figures to Apollo Maximus.

RobZhena, you're absolutely correct. The fitting room is something I need to get off my butt about and start learning how to master; I have no excuse for that. I've already mastered the Cloth Room, now I need to do the Fitting Room next! Thank you for giving me that kick in the butt ;)

RAMWorks ( ) posted Fri, 14 August 2020 at 10:31 AM · edited Fri, 14 August 2020 at 10:32 AM

EldritchCellar posted at 8:30AM Fri, 14 August 2020 - #4395252

L'homme is clearly a gay man; this whole marriage to La Femme is simply a political ploy by powers-that-be to appeal to conservative Christian sensibilities. The marriage will end in a messy public scandal/spectacle, mark my words 😆

DUDE, every gay man needs his beard (fake marriage) and every woman needs her own personal gay so she doesn't have to worry about putting out! ;-)

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

EldritchCellar ( ) posted Sat, 15 August 2020 at 7:41 AM

dmtr.png

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.