Sun, Jun 2, 1:07 AM CDT

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jun 01 3:00 am)

Subject: Thread for those new to Hivewire figures

Glitterati3D ( ) posted Tue, 24 September 2019 at 7:32 PM

SatiraCapriccio posted at 8:31PM Tue, 24 September 2019 - #4363957

Woman in Veil was based on the Bronzino Portrait of Laura Battiferri, who was an Italian poet during the Renaissance period.

Thank you, Satira for sharing your wonderful art with us! This is just amazing. The range of these figures rivals everything out there in the right hands.

SatiraCapriccio ( ) posted Tue, 24 September 2019 at 8:02 PM

Thanks Miss B and Glitter.

As you can probably tell, I absolutely love Dawn and all the other HiveWire figures.

Burning within each of us are Fires of Creativity

Satira Capriccio

mmalbert ( ) posted Tue, 24 September 2019 at 8:50 PM

I am enjoying so much seeing what people are doing with the HW figures and animals. It is absolutely inspiring.

Thank you again, Miss B! :)

Lovely work, Satira. You have such a distinct style and I especially like the whimsical feel of the characters. I also really like the Woman in Veil.

Rae_Designs, I wish there was an easy way to make my morphs available to everyone. I keep hoping some enterprising soul will figure out a way to make it possible to swap dial parameters between the two programs. I've put up a few of those as freebies but they're for DS users only, I'm afraid. (oh, and that brain on the floor, lol!)

Hornet3d, what skin are you using for your attractive, slightly older character?

Lee, I think your Dusk looks great. I wish he had a Narrow Waist morph; I made a mention of that during the recent dial spin contest.

Hope to see more pretty pictures, please!

My freebies page has moved: RedEyeCat

Pommerlis ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2019 at 5:41 AM

Ever since I started with Dawn, Dusk, Baby Luna and the rest of her family I've been addicted to them. For me personally they pose so easily.

Dawn with Dragonbraid hair. My own poses, included the hair.

WindDancer1230x1600.jpg

Pommerlis ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2019 at 5:47 AM

Hivewire BabyLuna, my own poses SixLittleCherubs021024x1280.jpg

Hivewire Diva, character for Dawn with Hivewire BigDog, my own pose BestFriends1024x1280.jpg

Or the cute Willow, a Toon character for Dawn. WillowsGarden1024x1280.jpg

Glitterati3D ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2019 at 6:45 AM

One of my favorite sets of Pommerlis poses - Mother and Child poses for Dawn and Baby Luna.

DawnBabyLuna.jpg

LeeMoon ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2019 at 11:09 AM

I love seeing what everyone has rendered with the HiveWire figures. They help inspire me to push my skills forward! 😃 This is a thread that I look forward to seeing something new every day. Thank you to all who are contributing their gorgeous artwork!!

Thank you for the kind words, mmalbert! I created a narrow hip injection pose for Dusk and will put that in Freestuff here in a day or so, along with the neck injection morph I made. These might be useful for those who want to give Dusk a little tuck here and there.

Here's something I worked on last night and this morning. A portrait render of Dusk. He's sporting UD's Short Curls hair with SuperFly materials help from Glitterati3D. Traci is awesome! Lots of morphs at work on his body and face. The texture map is Dante and I love the look it gives Dusk. Iris textures were swapped out for some from another character. The final render was cleaned up some in Photoshop for tone, color, noise, eye reflection removal, and text.

DantePortrait4A.jpg

Miss B ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2019 at 12:54 PM

Pommerlis posted at 1:53PM Wed, 25 September 2019 - #4364025

Hivewire BabyLuna, my own poses

Looking great Pom, and I love your pose sets. 😉

OK . . . Where's my chocolate?

Butterfly Dezignz

Miss B ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2019 at 12:57 PM · edited Wed, 25 September 2019 at 12:58 PM

LeeMoon posted at 1:54PM Wed, 25 September 2019 - #4364058

Here's something I worked on last night and this morning. A portrait render of Dusk. He's sporting UD's Short Curls hair with SuperFly materials help from Glitterati3D. Traci is awesome! Lots of morphs at work on his body and face. The texture map is Dante and I love the look it gives Dusk. Iris textures were swapped out for some from another character. The final render was cleaned up some in Photoshop for tone, color, noise, eye reflection removal, and text.

Well done Lee! I'm really liking what you've been coming up with since you started playing with Dusk. 🙂

Oh, and BTW, feel free to upload those goodies for Dusk over at HiveWire too. I'm sure folks there, who don't come here regularly, will appreciate them. 😉

Butterfly Dezignz

EClark1894 ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2019 at 2:43 PM

I like the Hivewire figures as well. Several times, the Splash page of my Content Directory has featured Dusk as a subject of an image.

cowboy21.png

LeeMoon ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2019 at 4:37 PM

Miss B posted at 4:34PM Wed, 25 September 2019 - #4364075

LeeMoon posted at 1:54PM Wed, 25 September 2019 - #4364058

Well done Lee! I'm really liking what you've been coming up with since you started playing with Dusk. 🙂

Oh, and BTW, feel free to upload those goodies for Dusk over at HiveWire too. I'm sure folks there, who don't come here regularly, will appreciate them. 😉

Thank you so much, Miss B! Learning how to use Dusk has been a joy. I'm humbled by the talents of those who have been contributing to this thread. 😄

Will be happy to upload my freebies at HiveWire as well. Would be my pleasure to do so.

Lee

cwrw ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2019 at 7:33 PM

Jumping in here with Dusk! I can't model to save my life- ALL my Dusk characters are dial spins- one can get a wide range of looks for Dusk. My favorite morph set is the Dusk Head Morph Resource Kit.

Some of my Dusk character renders: cwrw-character-morphs-for-rodrigo.jpg

cwrw-dante-for-dusk-02.jpg

cwrw-dante-for-dusk-04.jpg

Taka.jpg

Napalmarsenal ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2019 at 8:08 PM

Hey guys here's a bit of a match up with Fabiana's Oriana and Dawn SE.Corvina.jpg

Of course ....... I'm rather fond of the HiveWire horse This is a match up with the draft horse and the unicorn and Whisper's gold coat

Sunrunner's Gold copy.jpg,

Also soon to be released for Poser and Daz are a new batch of morphs for the HiveWire House Cat Grimalkin and of course Catula updated for Poser also. Untitledkkj-3998 copy.jpg

Cat Crouch copy.jpg

Napalmarsenal ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2019 at 8:25 PM · edited Wed, 25 September 2019 at 8:35 PM

Although, I mostly deal with flower textures which are for both Poser and Daz Studio and all of my characters are dial spins you can get some interesting results. Whisper for the HiveWire Horse Whisper2 copy.jpg

Dawn SE with Flower Fairy outfit and Regalia texture expansion Main 232oi copy.jpg

CWRW's Rodrigo for Dusk, Dusk skinny jeans, bomber jacket, cowboy hat with CWRW's Classic hat textures, and Denim textures Sweet Small copy.jpg

Taka with the Adventurer Outfit

BG22.jpg

Taka with Lisa's Botanicals Tropicals II and Call of the Wild Poses for both Dusk and the Gorilla

dusk squat 24 small copy.jpg

Napalmarsenal ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2019 at 8:42 PM

Closer - Dawn SE Dusk with Taka Closer.jpg Call of the Wild Poses for the Gorilla and Dusk

Climbing Stalking Poses.jpgClimbing Stalking with Gorilla copy.jpg

danidh ( ) posted Thu, 26 September 2019 at 8:07 AM

Loving all the images!

"Also soon to be released for Poser and Daz are a new batch of morphs for the HiveWire House Cat Grimalkin and of course Catula updated for Poser also."

Both for Poser, too! This is great news!!! I have wanted Catula for Poser since you released it. Dani Foster Herring

Napalmarsenal ( ) posted Thu, 26 September 2019 at 8:20 AM

danidh posted at 8:18AM Thu, 26 September 2019 - #4364154

Loving all the images!

"Also soon to be released for Poser and Daz are a new batch of morphs for the HiveWire House Cat Grimalkin and of course Catula updated for Poser also."

Both for Poser, too! This is great news!!! I have wanted Catula for Poser since you released it. Dani Foster Herring

It's in the works. As soon as we are finished with Grimalkin, Catula will be converted also. I have someone who is helping me and two people who are really great with Poser. I started out in Poser, but then gravitated to Daz Studio and things are a little more complicated in Poser so ... I do have something else for the Deer in the works for Christams That will be for Poser and Daz Studio. I just need to get a better grasp on how to do the conversions in Poser.

danidh ( ) posted Thu, 26 September 2019 at 8:27 AM

I have a few to add...Luna, Dawn/Willow, Ken's beautiful birds and Hivewire's dog and cat of which I use a lot! LOL

punkintriplicate.jpg

toilandtrouble.jpg

WillowSparkles.jpg

grateful2018.jpg

ninaandmollie.jpg

weekendatthelake.jpg

Miss B ( ) posted Thu, 26 September 2019 at 1:03 PM

Beautiful renders, and I'm especially loving the gorgeous Fall colors of the last render. 🙂

Butterfly Dezignz

Napalmarsenal ( ) posted Thu, 26 September 2019 at 7:42 PM

WOW gorgeous images!! I love the fall colors on the last one too! It looks like the dog is having so much fun. And love the expression on Nina and Mollie LOL and LOVE your owl cat creature in the Halloween version.

hornet3d ( ) posted Thu, 26 September 2019 at 9:20 PM

mmalbert posted at 2:46AM Fri, 27 September 2019 - #4363987

I am enjoying so much seeing what people are doing with the HW figures and animals. It is absolutely inspiring.

Thank you again, Miss B! :)

Lovely work, Satira. You have such a distinct style and I especially like the whimsical feel of the characters. I also really like the Woman in Veil.

Rae_Designs, I wish there was an easy way to make my morphs available to everyone. I keep hoping some enterprising soul will figure out a way to make it possible to swap dial parameters between the two programs. I've put up a few of those as freebies but they're for DS users only, I'm afraid. (oh, and that brain on the floor, lol!)

Hornet3d, what skin are you using for your attractive, slightly older character?

Lee, I think your Dusk looks great. I wish he had a Narrow Waist morph; I made a mention of that during the recent dial spin contest.

Hope to see more pretty pictures, please!

The skin used is essentially ' Master Skin Resource 7 - Dawn' by 3Dream still available in store here along with a few other great skin resources for Dawn and other figures. I say essentially because, for the face, I have added a few freckles and other skin marks by using layers in Paint Shop Pro which allows me to control how prominent the freckles are. On the body the ageing of the skin around the knee and the elbow was a little more aged than I wanted so, again using PSP, I blended a layer from 'Oriana_for_Dawn' by Fabiana to modify the skin resource 7 at those points (the eyes are also from Oriana). That worked for me while using Firefly but along with Poser 11 came the Superfly render engine which, while being a great step forward, sometimes didn't play nicely with Firefly materials. For example it does not like any material with alternate specular as it just blows it out often giving white eyes to firefly based eyes and robbing props of detail. My first Superfly renders of my character made the skin too light and the skin detail was very soft so while the skin maps remained the same I made endless tweaks to the material set up to reach a skin tone I was happy with.

Morph wise I used Dawn's base morphs along with the 'Head Morph Kit 1' from Handspan Studios, 'Shape pf Dawn' by Lyrra, 'i13 Real Mouth For Dawn', 'i13 Real details for Dawn' and 'i13 Natural Teeth Morphs' all by ironman13. Some of these morphs change the perception of the skin, for example the Real details add details to the hands, ribs and feet. Some of the other morphs adds to the ageing of the face but really about 90% of the ageing comes from the skin alone which is why the skin resource is so valuable.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.

quietrob ( ) posted Fri, 27 September 2019 at 12:38 AM

hornet3d posted at 10:35PM Thu, 26 September 2019 - #4363568

Last one for now this one shows her relative size.

Iskelia Faclity RE.jpg

I stopped going through this thread because I saw your name! Welcome Hornet! I'll be certain to visit you and my friends at the Hive more often but in the meantime, Welcome! I hope the upgrade went well for you and the famous Caoimhe!

danidh ( ) posted Fri, 27 September 2019 at 1:35 AM

Napalmarsenal posted at 2:33AM Fri, 27 September 2019 - #4364156

danidh posted at 8:18AM Thu, 26 September 2019 - #4364154

Loving all the images!

It's in the works. As soon as we are finished with Grimalkin, Catula will be converted also. I have someone who is helping me and two people who are really great with Poser. I started out in Poser, but then gravitated to Daz Studio and things are a little more complicated in Poser so ... I do have something else for the Deer in the works for Christams That will be for Poser and Daz Studio. I just need to get a better grasp on how to do the conversions in Poser.

The deer, too! Very happy that you are creating for Poser again...Can't wait!! ps...please hurry! LOL

danidh ( ) posted Fri, 27 September 2019 at 1:39 AM · edited Fri, 27 September 2019 at 1:39 AM

...and speaking of the Hivewire Deer. Dani Foster Herring

thegreatprince.jpg

All of my images are created in PoserPro 11, Superfly

quietrob ( ) posted Fri, 27 September 2019 at 2:34 AM

hornet3d posted at 12:32AM Fri, 27 September 2019 - #4363913

This is just a snap shot to show how I use Dawn to tell a story. The story clip and render as shown elsewhere.

The missile launch from the cloaked battleship had caught the station defences by surprise but station defences had dealt with most of the incoming missiles either by destroying them or confusing their targeting computers yet two missiles had manged to defeated all efforts to deter them from the mission. At the last minute the defence computer had momentarily applied thrusters to spin the station thankfully, as the remaining missiles were aimed at the outer edge of the station, the action had largely been successful. Having lost their lock on the target both missile immediately detonated, the resulting energy washed over the station adding to the spinning motion it already had. The sudden lurch overwhelmed motion suppressing chairs and many, including Caoimhe and Turlough were thrown with some force from their seats. Caoimhe, who had doggedly kept to the tradition of wearing support suits when many had abandoned the tradition had cause to be thankful for her stubbornness. She was the first to gather a full realisation of what had just happened and using the bulkhead managed to at least grab a hold on the chair. The lack of any alarms suggested the station had suffered little damage but the fact they were still rolling suggested this was not entirely true.

Proximity Hit  RE.jpg

Oh how I missed these mini stories of Caoimhe's adventures in time and space! Thanks Hornet! You and me have kept Petipet working hard. He should be over here!

hornet3d ( ) posted Fri, 27 September 2019 at 5:21 AM

quietrob posted at 11:15AM Fri, 27 September 2019 - #4364309

hornet3d posted at 10:35PM Thu, 26 September 2019 - #4363568

Last one for now this one shows her relative size.

Iskelia Faclity RE.jpg

I stopped going through this thread because I saw your name! Welcome Hornet! I'll be certain to visit you and my friends at the Hive more often but in the meantime, Welcome! I hope the upgrade went well for you and the famous Caoimhe!

Hi there, the upgrade not only went well but was probably the easiest Poser upgrade I have ever done, though I should really say that is was the easiest install I had ever done as that is what it was in truth. Not only did it retain my default launch scene it kept all my runtines and Python scripts the only change was the addition of the Poser 11 runtime that added a lot of content I am sure I can use.

I am sure Caoimhe is going to love the upgrade as it has brought me back to Rendo and the chance her wardrobe might be added to in the near future. I will still shop at Daz on the odd occasion as there is no way I can let my rather large collection of Petipet content stagnate.

I trust everything is good with you, it is certainly good to hear from you.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.

hornet3d ( ) posted Fri, 27 September 2019 at 5:32 AM

quietrob posted at 11:22AM Fri, 27 September 2019 - #4364314

hornet3d posted at 12:32AM Fri, 27 September 2019 - #4363913

This is just a snap shot to show how I use Dawn to tell a story. The story clip and render as shown elsewhere.

The missile launch from the cloaked battleship had caught the station defences by surprise but station defences had dealt with most of the incoming missiles either by destroying them or confusing their targeting computers yet two missiles had manged to defeated all efforts to deter them from the mission. At the last minute the defence computer had momentarily applied thrusters to spin the station thankfully, as the remaining missiles were aimed at the outer edge of the station, the action had largely been successful. Having lost their lock on the target both missile immediately detonated, the resulting energy washed over the station adding to the spinning motion it already had. The sudden lurch overwhelmed motion suppressing chairs and many, including Caoimhe and Turlough were thrown with some force from their seats. Caoimhe, who had doggedly kept to the tradition of wearing support suits when many had abandoned the tradition had cause to be thankful for her stubbornness. She was the first to gather a full realisation of what had just happened and using the bulkhead managed to at least grab a hold on the chair. The lack of any alarms suggested the station had suffered little damage but the fact they were still rolling suggested this was not entirely true.

Proximity Hit  RE.jpg

Oh how I missed these mini stories of Caoimhe's adventures in time and space! Thanks Hornet! You and me have kept Petipet working hard. He should be over here!

I couldn't agree more about Petipet, I know he creates for both DS and Poser but there is so little Poser content over at Daz, Rendo would seem a better place, at least it would seem so. I tend to follow Petipet, Jack Tomalin, Merlin studios and Forbidden whispers over there, Petipet for the sci fi scenes and Jack Tomalin for the great graveyard type scenes, these are ideal for Caoimhe in her role as soul searcher/ gatherer. Merlin has some great medieval content which I like to use as I move into fantasy or time travel scenes. Forbidden Whispers is a bit of a mixed bag as not all the content works in Poser but there are some great vehicles and props, such as lights that can be used to add detail to any render. I used to but Stonemason stuff but I now have all of his back catalogue Poser stuff that is on interest to me so that avenue has come to an end.

Napalmarsenal ( ) posted Fri, 27 September 2019 at 3:16 PM

Awesome images guys!! I wish there was a like or love button I could push.

Glitterati3D ( ) posted Sun, 29 September 2019 at 7:23 AM · edited Sun, 29 September 2019 at 7:25 AM

And just to freshen up the thread. Some Baby Luna renders. I've been working on converting some DAZ baby hair to Luna in Poser.

BabyLunaCurls.jpg

BabyLunaRedzHair.jpg

Napalmarsenal ( ) posted Mon, 30 September 2019 at 8:35 AM

Nice work on the hair conversion and great images! =)

Glitterati3D ( ) posted Mon, 30 September 2019 at 9:07 AM

Napalmarsenal posted at 10:07AM Mon, 30 September 2019 - #4364869

Nice work on the hair conversion and great images! =)

Thanks! I love Baby Luna.

Napalmarsenal ( ) posted Mon, 30 September 2019 at 9:31 AM

Hey Glitter, did you get back to Janet on how to close the folders in Poser after you have added the inject morphs? I'm clueless on how that works, but thinking you might could do it as per the way you set the actor section up as in body parts. Just curious and sorry to ask about it here.

Glitterati3D ( ) posted Mon, 30 September 2019 at 9:42 AM

Napalmarsenal posted at 10:41AM Mon, 30 September 2019 - #4364881

Hey Glitter, did you get back to Janet on how to close the folders in Poser after you have added the inject morphs? I'm clueless on how that works, but thinking you might could do it as per the way you set the actor section up as in body parts. Just curious and sorry to ask about it here.

I did.

HKHan99 ( ) posted Mon, 30 September 2019 at 5:42 PM

Are there genitals for Dusk?

Miss B ( ) posted Mon, 30 September 2019 at 9:18 PM

No, the HiveWire human figures don't have sexual organs. The HiveWire animals, however, do.

Butterfly Dezignz

danidh ( ) posted Tue, 01 October 2019 at 3:39 AM

Cute Luna images!!

HKHan99 ( ) posted Tue, 01 October 2019 at 1:00 PM

Miss B posted at 12:59PM Tue, 01 October 2019 - #4365071

No, the HiveWire human figures don't have sexual organs. The HiveWire animals, however, do.

Kinky....

Miss B ( ) posted Tue, 01 October 2019 at 1:46 PM

HKHan99 posted at 2:46PM Tue, 01 October 2019 - #4365185

Miss B posted at 12:59PM Tue, 01 October 2019 - #4365071

Kinky....

No, they just wanted to keep the human figures "family friendly".

Butterfly Dezignz

LeeMoon ( ) posted Thu, 03 October 2019 at 9:44 AM

Here's another render of Dusk SE in Poser Pro 11.2.

I'm using the Dusk Secrets briefs and various morph packs. These were purchased at HiveWire 3D in addition to what's included with Poser Pro 11.2. I picked up Dario and the Business Hair for Dawn and Dusk here.

The pose is one I created some weeks ago for Dusk and is slightly modified to work with the body shape in this render. I'm also using 2 custom morphs, one to slim the neck just a bit and the other to narrow the hips.

Everything I've purchased for Dusk has been top notch. Thank you to all the vendors for creating wonderful content for Dusk and Dawn. I'm still working on setting up a variety of Dusk characters to use in my non-WIP renders.

I'm really enjoying Dusk and am looking forward to rendering with him! 😀

Lee DarioDuskStudioPose1.jpg

SatiraCapriccio ( ) posted Thu, 03 October 2019 at 4:50 PM

Nice Lee!

Burning within each of us are Fires of Creativity

Satira Capriccio

Miss B ( ) posted Thu, 03 October 2019 at 5:30 PM

I have to agree, as I'm really liking what I'm seeing Lee. Your work with Dusk has been really working well.

BTW, I just recently picked up the Business Hair as well, as it was originally only available for DS, so when I saw they had a Poser version, I grabbed it quickly, though I've only tried it with Dawn so far. Now I'll definitely have to try it out on Dusk. 😉

Butterfly Dezignz

LeeMoon ( ) posted Thu, 03 October 2019 at 6:07 PM · edited Thu, 03 October 2019 at 6:08 PM

Thank you so much, SatiraCapriccio and Miss B!

Dusk is looking to be my go-to guy for renders going forward. I'm still adding morph packs to him so I can achieve a diversity of body/face types. Also, I need to learn how to properly create poses and morph injection poses for Dusk. I'd like to create freebies for him, but I seem to get unwanted interactions with the large eyelashes and/or the injected pose showing up on every body part instead of just in the body or body part they're applied to. Still need to do research over at the HW forums in the Dusk area to look for tips on this. I'm sure I'll figure it out. Or cry. LOL!

I wasn't sure if my Mac was going to handle the fibermesh hair, but it does without any issues. I'm pretty sure I disabled shadow casting on the hair to help it render a bit faster in SuperFly. Might try it with shadows turned on to see how that looks and find out how much of a render time increase it costs. 😀

I sure do like that hair. I also created a reduced polygon version to use as a placeholder while setting up scenes. Then swap in the full polycount version for final renders.

Thank you both again!

Lee

Miss B ( ) posted Thu, 03 October 2019 at 8:23 PM

LeeMoon posted at 9:21PM Thu, 03 October 2019 - #4365743

I wasn't sure if my Mac was going to handle the fibermesh hair, but it does without any issues. I'm pretty sure I disabled shadow casting on the hair to help it render a bit faster in SuperFly. Might try it with shadows turned on to see how that looks and find out how much of a render time increase it costs. 😀

Yes, I bought a fibermesh hair product for V4 years ago, and hardly ever use it because I'm always afraid it'll slow my laptop down to a crawl. The Business Hair didn't do that, and I think because it's such a short style helps as far as rendering goes.

Butterfly Dezignz

LeeMoon ( ) posted Thu, 03 October 2019 at 10:23 PM

Miss B posted at 10:18PM Thu, 03 October 2019 - #4365775

LeeMoon posted at 9:21PM Thu, 03 October 2019 - #4365743

Yes, I bought a fibermesh hair product for V4 years ago, and hardly ever use it because I'm always afraid it'll slow my laptop down to a crawl. The Business Hair didn't do that, and I think because it's such a short style helps as far as rendering goes.

I am delighted that the Business Hair works so well on my system. It looks great when rendered, especially in closeup. It's got a wonderful short style to it. Very happy with this purchase! 😀

Lee

Pommerlis ( ) posted Fri, 04 October 2019 at 3:17 AM

I bought Lyrra's Dusk Fitroom Kit and I have a whooooole wardrobe for Dusk now..... Slowly converting all my M4 stuff to Dusk, got myself the fitkit for Dawn aswell so I will be busy for a while LOL

NaturesChild1400x1000.jpg

Pommerlis ( ) posted Fri, 04 October 2019 at 3:17 AM · edited Fri, 04 October 2019 at 3:18 AM

The outfit is Woodgod for Michael 4 by the way.

Dusk, Rodrigo character for Dusk and BabyLuna with Creature Morphs

LeeMoon ( ) posted Fri, 04 October 2019 at 3:31 PM

"Nature's Child" is a wonderful image, Pommerlis!

Also, I've placed Lyrra's Fitroom Kit for Dusk in my wishlist. I think I'll give that a try on some M4 clothes and see if I can get good results. Thank you for letting us know about the Fitroom Kits!

Lee

Digitell ( ) posted Fri, 04 October 2019 at 4:59 PM

I love this character. I like the tiny lines around her eyes and mouth. She looks really good!hornet3d posted at 4:58PM Fri, 04 October 2019 - #4363552

I am so glad Glitterati3D started this thread and much credit must go to Bondware for including some of the Hive family in Poser so users can see just how good they are. For many years I was using V4 to try and illustrate a sci-fi story that has been bouncing around in my head for what seems a life time. I had what I thought was a character, morphed to create a 5 foot nothing slightly mature heroine for my stories. As my skills with Poser grew, with a great deal of help from Poser users in forums here and elsewhere, I found V4 start to get limiting, expressions in particular were not as life like as I wanted but where was I going to find a replacement figure that had more scope but I could still turn into a petite mature heroine. Luckily two things happen around that time, Dawn SE was launched and 3Dream created some beautiful skin resources here at Rendo. Resource Number 7 was just what I was looking for.

OK so this story could get very long so lets cut to the chase, here is my heroine, Caoimhe, in about the third iteration, the last being reworking so that I could use Superfly as a render engine. Keep in mind I am not looking for photo realistic but more believable.

Forest HR RD.jpg

This helps to show the strengths of Superfly.

Rider RE.jpg

I hope this encourages other to at least try Dawn to see if the figure works for you, after all the only thing it is going to cost you is time.

LeeMoon ( ) posted Fri, 04 October 2019 at 8:07 PM · edited Fri, 04 October 2019 at 8:08 PM

Another Dusk render with a little bit of fun. Dario texture again, Dusk's Hero hair, freebie milk crate, and Glitterati3D's Deep Cut Tank Top (thank you, Traci!)

Used a modified cloth texture from Vince Bagna's SuperFly materials collection on the tank top.

I'm still learning Poser Pro 11 after using Poser Pro 2014 for years. So glad that Bondware and Renderosity picked up Poser. I've been using Poser since version 1 in 1995 and have enjoyed exploring the artistic side of my creativity ever since. And I'm especially thrilled with all of the wonderful HiveWire content that's included with Poser Pro 11.2.

Lee

DuskWithCrate1.jpg

hornet3d ( ) posted Mon, 07 October 2019 at 6:50 AM

digitell posted at 12:37PM Mon, 07 October 2019 - #4365911

I love this character. I like the tiny lines around her eyes and mouth. She looks really good!hornet3d posted at 4:58PM Fri, 04 October 2019 - #4363552

I am so glad Glitterati3D started this thread and much credit must go to Bondware for including some of the Hive family in Poser so users can see just how good they are. For many years I was using V4 to try and illustrate a sci-fi story that has been bouncing around in my head for what seems a life time. I had what I thought was a character, morphed to create a 5 foot nothing slightly mature heroine for my stories. As my skills with Poser grew, with a great deal of help from Poser users in forums here and elsewhere, I found V4 start to get limiting, expressions in particular were not as life like as I wanted but where was I going to find a replacement figure that had more scope but I could still turn into a petite mature heroine. Luckily two things happen around that time, Dawn SE was launched and 3Dream created some beautiful skin resources here at Rendo. Resource Number 7 was just what I was looking for.

OK so this story could get very long so lets cut to the chase, here is my heroine, Caoimhe, in about the third iteration, the last being reworking so that I could use Superfly as a render engine. Keep in mind I am not looking for photo realistic but more believable.

Forest HR RD.jpg

This helps to show the strengths of Superfly.

Rider RE.jpg

I hope this encourages other to at least try Dawn to see if the figure works for you, after all the only thing it is going to cost you is time.

Thank you so much for your comments Digitell, it is always good hear from someone who appreciates your efforts. I am very proud of the character because it took such a long time to create, particularly if you add in the time needed to convert the character to render in Superfly.

I have been trying to write a story for some years now but it I never seem to get around to it. What I do know is I wanted the story to revolve around a different type of hero from the norm. First it is a heroine of a petite rather than a super model stature and I wanted it to be a slightly mature female than is the Poser norm. I started with a character based upon V4 and later V4 weight mapped but for the last few years it has been this Dawn based character.

I have created Caiomhe to be about five foot nothing in comparison with other figures and the Poser world. It makes posing interesting and often difficult, getting Caoimhe positioned correctly on a motorbike is an interesting challenge but all in all I love working with her.

Thanks again for taking time to add your comments, and your comments as well.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.