Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Thread for those new to Hivewire figures

Glitterati3D opened this issue on Sep 22, 2019 · 139 posts

Glitterati3D posted Sun, 22 September 2019 at 5:59 PM

Thought I would start a thread for newbies to using the Hivewire figures for help and/or questions.

Shout out if you have questions we might be able to help with.

Glitterati3D posted Sun, 22 September 2019 at 6:05 PM

A little bit about DawnSE. First remember that the human figures from HW pre-date Superfly, so you will likely need EZSkin3 from Snarlygribbly: http://snarlygribbly.org/poser/ with the definition files. Dawn, Dusk and Baby Luna all share UV maps, so you only need one definition file for EZSkin3.

DawnSE comes with 3 faces with her Base morph injections. Just select her Head>Face>Special Edition Face 1, 2 or 3 morphs on the parameters menu. Here's an example render for you:

SE3Faces.jpg

Additionally, she comes with a complete Head and Body morph named Special Edition Character:

DawnSECharacter.jpg

wheatpenny posted Sun, 22 September 2019 at 6:37 PM Site Admin

I stickied this thread so it will stay at the top for a while.

Jeff

Renderosity Senior Moderator

Hablo español

Ich spreche Deutsch

Je parle français

Mi parolas Esperanton. Ĉu vi?

Can I read notes?  Hell, there ain't no notes to a banjo. You just play it.

(Anonymous banjo player c. 1850 when asked if he could read music)

Glitterati3D posted Sun, 22 September 2019 at 6:43 PM

Thank you, wheatpenny

EClark1894 posted Sun, 22 September 2019 at 7:13 PM

Will Dawn and Dusk use the same definition files? Do the definition files come with EZ skin3?

Glitterati3D posted Sun, 22 September 2019 at 7:18 PM

EClark1894 posted at 8:17PM Sun, 22 September 2019 - #4363446

Will Dawn and Dusk use the same definition files? Do the definition files come with EZ skin3?

Yes, to both. I just downloaded the EZSkin3 file from Snarlygribbly's link I posted above and the Legacy Figures definition file contains the same Dawn as mine. Date and time stamped the same. I did the Superfly render above of Special Edition Character for this thread, using EZSkin3 and the legacy definition.

Glitterati3D posted Sun, 22 September 2019 at 7:46 PM

Of course, then there's DuskSE, who happens to be my favorite male figure ever. I find him easy to model and rig for and to use, in general.

My favorite character is CWRW's Dante. Pictured here:

Tux_Main.jpg

Glitterati3D posted Sun, 22 September 2019 at 8:42 PM

And the amazing gorilla

GorillaFur.jpg

Nails60 posted Mon, 23 September 2019 at 4:59 AM

Glitterati Are you considering bringing your Dawn, and especially Dusk stuff back to market? I'd already bought nearly all of it before you closed your stores, but for newcomers to Dawn and Dusk it would be a godsend, imho the best stuff ever made for Dusk

Glitterati3D posted Mon, 23 September 2019 at 5:58 AM

Nails60 posted at 6:54AM Mon, 23 September 2019 - #4363506

Glitterati Are you considering bringing your Dawn, and especially Dusk stuff back to market? I'd already bought nearly all of it before you closed your stores, but for newcomers to Dawn and Dusk it would be a godsend, imho the best stuff ever made for Dusk

I may, because I am thrilled with this environment for the Hivewire figures. I feel like they may finally get the exposure and adoption they deserve.

I hope some of the greats like Xurge will develop for them because they deserve the support.

Glitterati3D posted Mon, 23 September 2019 at 5:59 AM

And, sorry, I fell asleep waiting for this Baby Luna render.

BabyLuna.jpg

LeeMoon posted Mon, 23 September 2019 at 10:31 AM

I'm watching this thread with great interest!

I'm almost new to HiveWire 3D figures, and am just now learning to use Dusk SE and set him up with a variety of body shapes and heads (as I frequently do with a new character.) This figure is wonderful and I've purchased additional morphs, poses, textures, and clothing for him already. I'll be adding more HiveWire content for him (and later, Dawn SE) in the near future.

Dusk is the figure that looks to move me off of Michael 4 for my future products. I would encourage those looking for an alternative male figure to try him out. I think you will be pleased with what's been included in Poser Pro 11.2. And I expect Dawn to be just as good as Dusk.

Thank you for the renders, Traci! I'm looking forward to seeing more in this thread. 😀

Lee

hornet3d posted Mon, 23 September 2019 at 10:43 AM

I am so glad Glitterati3D started this thread and much credit must go to Bondware for including some of the Hive family in Poser so users can see just how good they are. For many years I was using V4 to try and illustrate a sci-fi story that has been bouncing around in my head for what seems a life time. I had what I thought was a character, morphed to create a 5 foot nothing slightly mature heroine for my stories. As my skills with Poser grew, with a great deal of help from Poser users in forums here and elsewhere, I found V4 start to get limiting, expressions in particular were not as life like as I wanted but where was I going to find a replacement figure that had more scope but I could still turn into a petite mature heroine. Luckily two things happen around that time, Dawn SE was launched and 3Dream created some beautiful skin resources here at Rendo. Resource Number 7 was just what I was looking for.

OK so this story could get very long so lets cut to the chase, here is my heroine, Caoimhe, in about the third iteration, the last being reworking so that I could use Superfly as a render engine. Keep in mind I am not looking for photo realistic but more believable.

Forest HR RD.jpg

This helps to show the strengths of Superfly.

Rider RE.jpg

I hope this encourages other to at least try Dawn to see if the figure works for you, after all the only thing it is going to cost you is time.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.

hornet3d posted Mon, 23 September 2019 at 11:11 AM

Here is another render of Caoimhe, taking her morning fitness run when on board ship, it gives a better idea of her figure. My aim was to create an attractive character that was very different than the norm for Poser females, more the girl next door type, only the viewer can decide if I have succeeded.. I should also add the character is created using nothing but free and commercially available morphs and a lot of dial spinning all within Poser.

Morning Run RE.jpg

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.

hornet3d posted Mon, 23 September 2019 at 11:37 AM

Last one for now this one shows her relative size.

Iskelia Faclity RE.jpg

Miss B posted Mon, 23 September 2019 at 12:31 PM

I sooooo wish this forum had "Like" buttons!! I miss being able to show my appreciation of posts/renders folks post that very often blow my mind.

I'm very familiar with Caoimhe's story, as I've been watching you post your wonderful renders on the HW forum Hornet, and I hope this encourages others to add their renders of the HW family of characters here as well. 🙂

OK . . . Where's my chocolate?

Butterfly Dezignz

hornet3d posted Mon, 23 September 2019 at 12:59 PM

Miss B posted at 6:52PM Mon, 23 September 2019 - #4363581

I sooooo wish this forum had "Like" buttons!! I miss being able to show my appreciation of posts/renders folks post that very often blow my mind.

I'm very familiar with Caoimhe's story, as I've been watching you post your wonderful renders on the HW forum Hornet, and I hope this encourages others to add their renders of the HW family of characters here as well. 🙂

Yes it has been a long and disjointed story so far, generally following the way mind works, or not, as the case may be. The reason for posting here is to try and encourage the people who suddenly have access to Dawn, Dusk and the others is to give them a try. I really can't stress enough that I have no formal training, no special skills just many years of working in Poser. It really is a case that if I can do it so can anyone, yes it took me a long time to get to where I was happy with the character but I learnt a lot and it was, on the whole, a lot of fun. All I had was Poser, some time on my hands and a great deal of help via the forums. I am sure if people try the figures they will be surprised at just how good they are.

Boni posted Mon, 23 September 2019 at 4:02 PM

I admit I was a bit put off by Dawn, Dusk and Luna because of their default eyes and having to buy a bunch more morphs to customize them. But the more I see the more I'm thinking ok ... Maybe I have to go into the fitting room for some clothes ... but this is better than I thought. So for those out there who didn't try these figures, I fully suggest you give them another try. I misjudged them.

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

Boni posted Mon, 23 September 2019 at 6:08 PM

Ok ... here is my first test with Dawn ... African face morph ... Texture done by me from default texture ... Hope you like the result.

DawnTest1.png

Boni

EClark1894 posted Mon, 23 September 2019 at 6:14 PM

Eh. There's something not quite right about that face, in my opinion.

Miss B posted Mon, 23 September 2019 at 6:18 PM

I think a lot of people are somewhat put off by new characters, and it often takes a while before they'll try them. Sometimes it takes me a piece of clothing, or an additional character created for the new base, that will change my mind.

Then again, the original Dawn created years ago is soooo different from Dawn2, and/or the current DawnSE, and once folks get interested because they now have the base figures to play with, I'm certain they'll be interested in what's being worked on for the upcoming Dawn 2.0, though that probably won't be available for quite some time. Anyone who's interested, can come and check out the thread about her development on the HiveWire forum. 😉

Butterfly Dezignz

mmalbert posted Mon, 23 September 2019 at 7:09 PM

I'm a dedicated dial spinner, and though I only use DAZ Studio I'm posting a bunch of dial characters created with the Hivewire morphs sets that are available in BOTH DAZ Studio and Poser formats. It's true the HW figures don't have as many morph options as the old Generation 4 (V4/M4 etc) did, but you can still get a lot of "character" out of what is available.

All these were made with various combinations of Dawn's Starter Morphs, Dawn's Head Shapes, the Head Morph Resource Kit for Dawn, and Dawn's Creature Heads. Again, all available at the Hivewire store in both DS and Poser formats.

Folks might not care for my aesthetics -- I'm drawn to strong or striking faces rather than conventionally pretty ones -- but hopefully they'll show some of the potential variety available.

First off, the default starter base for the purposes of comparisons:

DawnSE_Base_Clay.png

Carmen:

DawnSE_Carmen_Clay.png

Carol -- this one originally made use of some free DS-only morphs, which I removed, and then I added in a bit of standard NoseSlope:

DawnSE_Carol_NoFreebies_NoseSlopeAdded_Clay.png

Dina, my attempt at a Native American woman:

DawnSE_Dina_Clay.png

A slightly creepy fae, which uses a bit of the creature head morphs:

DawnSE_Fae_Clay.png

Jayne, who also uses a bit of creature morph dials:

DawnSE_Jayne_Clay.png

More in the next post...

My freebies page has moved: RedEyeCat

mmalbert posted Mon, 23 September 2019 at 7:17 PM

And more...

Jillian, just a girl next door type:

DawnSE_Jillian_Clay.png

Kaylee, an Asian character:

DawnSE_Kaylee_Clay.png

Nolah, African character:

DawnSE_Nolah_NoFreebie_Clay.png

Petunia, a more conventional fairy character:

DawnSE_Petunia_Clay.png

And just a few more in the next (and last) post...

mmalbert posted Mon, 23 September 2019 at 7:22 PM

Prisha, an Indian character who's still a WIP:

DawnSE_Prisha_Clay.png

Rachel:

DawnSE_Rachel_Clay.png

Regina:

DawnSE_Regina02_Clay.png

Xiulan, another Asian character:

DawnSE_Xiulan_Clay.png

And, lastly, Ysabeau:

DawnSE_Ysabeau_NoFreebies_Clay.png

And that's just Dawn...I have some Dusk and Luna too, but this is probably enough for now, ha!

mmalbert posted Mon, 23 September 2019 at 7:24 PM

Whoops! For some reason Jayne didn't show up:

DawnSE_Jayne_Clay.png

Miss B posted Mon, 23 September 2019 at 7:50 PM

Whoa Michele!! Fantastic dial spun characters for Dawn. I've seen your Carol character in the dial spinning render challenge we had at HiveWire, but I hadn't seen all these other goodies. Nicely done ma'am! 😀

Butterfly Dezignz

LeeMoon posted Mon, 23 September 2019 at 9:35 PM

All of these renders are awesome! Thank you for posting them here.

And thank you to Glitterati3D who has been giving me pointers and taking the time to come up with solutions to my Poser Pro 11, SuperFly rendering, and HiveWire figure questions.

Lee

LeeMoon posted Mon, 23 September 2019 at 9:45 PM

Having had Dusk SE in my possession since last Thursday and some additional add-ons even more recently, I feel like I'm a little fish swimming with the big fish. But here goes a test render with Dusk SE...

I always set up different body/facial shapes for my characters before really applying much clothing, props, additional textures, etc. My creative Poser style is to make characters that are somewhat realistic but have a caricature/stylized proportions sort of vibe to them. That said, here's a lean, more defined body type and a little bulkier bodybuilder type for Dusk. I made 2 custom morphs to start to get the look I'm after with Dusk. One is a neck morph and the other is a narrow hip morph. Still much work to do to find my style for Dusk, but I am truly enjoying my tinkering and all the help that others have graciously given me.

I marked this with the nudity flag due to the figures wearing just briefs. Just to be cautious. 😀

Dusk-DanteMuscleDuo1.jpg

Boni posted Mon, 23 September 2019 at 11:12 PM

By the way, eclark, definitely ... Some one actually I laughed at it on facebook. Looks like I need more morphs.

Boni

me195 posted Mon, 23 September 2019 at 11:16 PM

Glitterati3D posted at 11:10PM Mon, 23 September 2019 - #4363458

And the amazing gorilla

GorillaFur.jpg

The gorilla also makes a good werewolf Big Bad Wolf2 Brushed.jpg

Rae_Designs posted Mon, 23 September 2019 at 11:33 PM

mmalbert, I hope you bring some if not all of those morphs to market, well done!

And I'm liking that Dusk character LeeMoon!.

While I consider myself a Daz Studio user and for my personal art I prefer to use animals, I'd have to say if it wasn't for the HiveWire figures I probably wouldn't have used any people, especially in Poser as I found Dawn much easier to use than the other ones I tried. (I also find the HW horse much easier to use than the others lol).

And since Halloween is coming up, this is Dawn (ok its a DS render) Zombie Dawn.jpg

This one is a Superfly render The Mage2.png

And these are Firefly renders Ff Cute FF Red Blue.jpg FF Dance FF Orange.jpg FF Dance FF Purple.jpg FF Pose FF Red.jpg FF Sora FF2.jpg

Miss B posted Tue, 24 September 2019 at 1:00 AM

@LeeMoon - I'm liking what you accomplished with Dusk after working with him for such a short period of time. 🙂

@me195 - I never would've thought of using Dusk's Gorilla as a Werewolf, but you're right, he does look good. 😉

@Rae_Designs - I'm used to seeing your great HW animal renders, but these ladies all look great. You should work with the human figures more often. 😄

Butterfly Dezignz

ghostman posted Tue, 24 September 2019 at 1:19 AM

regal_monarch.jpg

"Dream like you'll live forever. Live like you'll die tomorrow."

Join PoserLounge Chat

freyfaxi62 posted Tue, 24 September 2019 at 2:21 AM

Not only do we have Dawn and Family..but LaFemme also. She may be set up a bit differently to the other Poser figures we're grown used to..but she's well worth learning how to use. I'm pretty sure someone way more talented that me will soon post some promo's of what can be accomplished with her :)

hornet3d posted Tue, 24 September 2019 at 3:52 AM

LeeMoon posted at 9:45AM Tue, 24 September 2019 - #4363735

Having had Dusk SE in my possession since last Thursday and some additional add-ons even more recently, I feel like I'm a little fish swimming with the big fish. But here goes a test render with Dusk SE...

I always set up different body/facial shapes for my characters before really applying much clothing, props, additional textures, etc. My creative Poser style is to make characters that are somewhat realistic but have a caricature/stylized proportions sort of vibe to them. That said, here's a lean, more defined body type and a little bulkier bodybuilder type for Dusk. I made 2 custom morphs to start to get the look I'm after with Dusk. One is a neck morph and the other is a narrow hip morph. Still much work to do to find my style for Dusk, but I am truly enjoying my tinkering and all the help that others have graciously given me.

I marked this with the nudity flag due to the figures wearing just briefs. Just to be cautious. 😀

Dusk-DanteMuscleDuo1.jpg

No such thing as a big or small fish, just one big shoal. I think the aim of the thread is to encourage people to experiment with HiveWire 3D figures as so many people will have them for the first time with the new Poser update. Some of us have had fun with the figures for a long time now but, as with all figures, there are things to learn and many of us have learnt a lot about the HiveWire 3D family so why not pass that information on. Doesn't really matter if you are using Poser or DS one of the figures might be just what someone is looking for, so we are not attempting to trade one figure for another just encouraging others to see if any of the figures are good for them.

hornet3d posted Tue, 24 September 2019 at 4:35 AM

Two faces of Dawn, this time in my idea of a film poster. On the right is my character Caoimhe and on the left is the Dawn character Adrianne created by a particularly talented vendor who is no longer a vendor and so, sadly, Adrianne is no longer available.

Movie Poster  RE.jpg

hornet3d posted Tue, 24 September 2019 at 5:04 AM

I thought it might be of interest to show how my Dawn Character developed over the years.

A very early concept towards the end of 2015

New Girl RE.jpg

By the December of 2015 she had matured a little.

Midnight -0.06 HS RE.jpg

Then by late 2016 she was beginning to travel

Huntress with hat RE.jpg

and gained a friend, thanks to HiveWire 3D

Impunity j RE.jpg

She was always meant to be a time traveller but at least the style needs to change so 2018 she had a new style. I don't tend to render nudes but this exposes a little more of the character. The outfit is actually a woodland outfit but I have played with the materials to make is work in the time frame.

Woodland Alt RE.jpg

By 2019 she is closer to the earlier renders in this thread, the major change being the hair colour.

Alyssa Outfit RE.jpg

Pommerlis posted Tue, 24 September 2019 at 5:15 AM

I love Dawn & family. They are easy to create poses for.

@mmalbert I must start spinning those dials aswell! Those are awesome characters!

EClark1894 posted Tue, 24 September 2019 at 6:37 AM

Boni posted at 7:32AM Tue, 24 September 2019 - #4363739

By the way, eclark, definitely ... Some one actually I laughed at it on facebook. Looks like I need more morphs.

Boni, I didn't mean that it wasn't a nice render, but, well, it doesn't look "black" enough. I say that as a black person myself and it's one of the biggest complaints I've often had about DAZ figures before the "PURGE". Their black characters looked like white people in blackface. That's one thing I will give Poser credit for. Their Black figures LOOK like BLACK people.

Afrodite-Ohki posted Tue, 24 September 2019 at 10:02 AM

ghostman posted at 11:02AM Tue, 24 September 2019 - #4363769

regal_monarch.jpg

Well now, that's just breathtaking.

- - - - - - 

Feel free to call me Ohki!

Poser Pro 11, Poser 12 and Poser 13, Windows 10, Superfly junkie. My units are milimeters.

Persephone (the computer): AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, RTX 3070 GPU, 96gb ram.

seachnasaigh posted Tue, 24 September 2019 at 11:50 AM

That is spectacular, ghostman. 😀

Poser 12, in feet.  

OSes:  Win7Prox64, Win7Ultx64

Silo Pro 2.5.6 64bit, Vue Infinite 2014.7, Genetica 4.0 Studio, UV Mapper Pro, UV Layout Pro, PhotoImpact X3, GIF Animator 5

seachnasaigh posted Tue, 24 September 2019 at 11:57 AM

Fiery ghost for the HiveWire horse

Harry wildfire rdna.jpg

Freebie Superfly lightcasting material setup for the HiveWire horse. Also has MC6 for Angelyna wings.

Poser 12, in feet.  

OSes:  Win7Prox64, Win7Ultx64

Silo Pro 2.5.6 64bit, Vue Infinite 2014.7, Genetica 4.0 Studio, UV Mapper Pro, UV Layout Pro, PhotoImpact X3, GIF Animator 5

hornet3d posted Tue, 24 September 2019 at 3:13 PM

This is just a snap shot to show how I use Dawn to tell a story. The story clip and render as shown elsewhere.

The missile launch from the cloaked battleship had caught the station defences by surprise but station defences had dealt with most of the incoming missiles either by destroying them or confusing their targeting computers yet two missiles had manged to defeated all efforts to deter them from the mission. At the last minute the defence computer had momentarily applied thrusters to spin the station thankfully, as the remaining missiles were aimed at the outer edge of the station, the action had largely been successful. Having lost their lock on the target both missile immediately detonated, the resulting energy washed over the station adding to the spinning motion it already had. The sudden lurch overwhelmed motion suppressing chairs and many, including Caoimhe and Turlough were thrown with some force from their seats. Caoimhe, who had doggedly kept to the tradition of wearing support suits when many had abandoned the tradition had cause to be thankful for her stubbornness. She was the first to gather a full realisation of what had just happened and using the bulkhead managed to at least grab a hold on the chair. The lack of any alarms suggested the station had suffered little damage but the fact they were still rolling suggested this was not entirely true.

Proximity Hit  RE.jpg

anniemation posted Tue, 24 September 2019 at 4:13 PM Online Now!

I love the HiveWire Horse!!

Dawn with Diva dawn.png

SatiraCapriccio posted Tue, 24 September 2019 at 5:36 PM

I rather anxiously awaited the release of Dawn way back in 2013. Needless to say, I dove into the HiveWire waters with both feet and never looked back. It was with relief that I retired V4, and the rest of the Gen 4 characters.

One of my early characters in 2013 was the rather haughty Louisa, which was an entry for the HiveWire Dawn contest.

Louisa.jpg

Another was Riley in her Outpost, also an entry in the HiveWire Dawn Contest.

Rileys Outpost.jpg

Burning within each of us are Fires of Creativity

Satira Capriccio

SatiraCapriccio posted Tue, 24 September 2019 at 5:41 PM

One of my absolute favorites though has been Brielo, who was joined by several members of her family.

Brielo.jpg

Her Grandmother, Gran Ola

Gran Ola.jpg

then Podgie and Niblet

Podgie.jpg

Niblet.jpg

All of Brielo's family used a lot of body part scaling, which both Dawn and Dusk held up well to.

Satira Capriccio

SatiraCapriccio posted Tue, 24 September 2019 at 5:54 PM

Dawn has been able to give me rather elegant ladies ... in this case, Editha Gellis McGwinn II, Explorer and Traveller Extraordinaire

Editha.jpg

Or perhaps ... more to other's liking ... a Girl in a Scarf

Girl in Scarf.jpg

Or maybe even, Miss Gladden, Lady Detective

Miss Gladden Lady Detective.jpg

Or perhaps even, the Woman in Veil

Woman in Veil II.jpg

Satira Capriccio

SatiraCapriccio posted Tue, 24 September 2019 at 6:05 PM

Then we have Dusk as an alien ambassador and Dawn as his mate.

Ambassador Q'lln.jpg

Q'nika.jpg

An early Dusk

Brother Dusk.jpg

And another early Dusk, absolutely one of my favorites.

Liam O Tuathail.jpg

The HiveWire Horse has been just as fun to work with

Horse of Another.jpg

Tang.jpg

The Incomparable Harry.jpg

And of course ... Brielo out for a stroll with her companion

Stroll along the Cliffside.jpg

Satira Capriccio

SatiraCapriccio posted Tue, 24 September 2019 at 6:12 PM

Nor should we forget HiveWire's House Cat

Fae Housecat.jpg

Can You Resist Me_2017.jpg

(With the HiveWire Big Cat) The Cat's Truth.jpg

Or the HiveWire Dog Playtime.jpg

Gaia's Daughters.jpg

And the Big Cat again

Hera's Lion.jpg

Satira Capriccio

SatiraCapriccio posted Tue, 24 September 2019 at 6:22 PM

Woman in Veil was based on the Bronzino Portrait of Laura Battiferri, who was an Italian poet during the Renaissance period.

Satira Capriccio

Miss B posted Tue, 24 September 2019 at 6:59 PM

Yes!! Satira's in the House!! If you like the wonderful renders she's posted here, you should come check out her wonderful products for Dawn and Dusk at the HiveWire store. She's a master when it comes to dial spinning the HiveWire family of products. 😉

Butterfly Dezignz

Glitterati3D posted Tue, 24 September 2019 at 7:32 PM

SatiraCapriccio posted at 8:31PM Tue, 24 September 2019 - #4363957

Woman in Veil was based on the Bronzino Portrait of Laura Battiferri, who was an Italian poet during the Renaissance period.

Thank you, Satira for sharing your wonderful art with us! This is just amazing. The range of these figures rivals everything out there in the right hands.

SatiraCapriccio posted Tue, 24 September 2019 at 8:02 PM

Thanks Miss B and Glitter.

As you can probably tell, I absolutely love Dawn and all the other HiveWire figures.

Satira Capriccio

mmalbert posted Tue, 24 September 2019 at 8:50 PM

I am enjoying so much seeing what people are doing with the HW figures and animals. It is absolutely inspiring.

Thank you again, Miss B! :)

Lovely work, Satira. You have such a distinct style and I especially like the whimsical feel of the characters. I also really like the Woman in Veil.

Rae_Designs, I wish there was an easy way to make my morphs available to everyone. I keep hoping some enterprising soul will figure out a way to make it possible to swap dial parameters between the two programs. I've put up a few of those as freebies but they're for DS users only, I'm afraid. (oh, and that brain on the floor, lol!)

Hornet3d, what skin are you using for your attractive, slightly older character?

Lee, I think your Dusk looks great. I wish he had a Narrow Waist morph; I made a mention of that during the recent dial spin contest.

Hope to see more pretty pictures, please!

Pommerlis posted Wed, 25 September 2019 at 5:41 AM

Ever since I started with Dawn, Dusk, Baby Luna and the rest of her family I've been addicted to them. For me personally they pose so easily.

Dawn with Dragonbraid hair. My own poses, included the hair.

WindDancer1230x1600.jpg

Pommerlis posted Wed, 25 September 2019 at 5:47 AM

Hivewire BabyLuna, my own poses SixLittleCherubs021024x1280.jpg

Hivewire Diva, character for Dawn with Hivewire BigDog, my own pose BestFriends1024x1280.jpg

Or the cute Willow, a Toon character for Dawn. WillowsGarden1024x1280.jpg

Glitterati3D posted Wed, 25 September 2019 at 6:45 AM

One of my favorite sets of Pommerlis poses - Mother and Child poses for Dawn and Baby Luna.

DawnBabyLuna.jpg

LeeMoon posted Wed, 25 September 2019 at 11:09 AM

I love seeing what everyone has rendered with the HiveWire figures. They help inspire me to push my skills forward! 😃 This is a thread that I look forward to seeing something new every day. Thank you to all who are contributing their gorgeous artwork!!

Thank you for the kind words, mmalbert! I created a narrow hip injection pose for Dusk and will put that in Freestuff here in a day or so, along with the neck injection morph I made. These might be useful for those who want to give Dusk a little tuck here and there.

Here's something I worked on last night and this morning. A portrait render of Dusk. He's sporting UD's Short Curls hair with SuperFly materials help from Glitterati3D. Traci is awesome! Lots of morphs at work on his body and face. The texture map is Dante and I love the look it gives Dusk. Iris textures were swapped out for some from another character. The final render was cleaned up some in Photoshop for tone, color, noise, eye reflection removal, and text.

DantePortrait4A.jpg

Miss B posted Wed, 25 September 2019 at 12:54 PM

Pommerlis posted at 1:53PM Wed, 25 September 2019 - #4364025

Hivewire BabyLuna, my own poses

Looking great Pom, and I love your pose sets. 😉

Butterfly Dezignz

Miss B posted Wed, 25 September 2019 at 12:57 PM

LeeMoon posted at 1:54PM Wed, 25 September 2019 - #4364058

Here's something I worked on last night and this morning. A portrait render of Dusk. He's sporting UD's Short Curls hair with SuperFly materials help from Glitterati3D. Traci is awesome! Lots of morphs at work on his body and face. The texture map is Dante and I love the look it gives Dusk. Iris textures were swapped out for some from another character. The final render was cleaned up some in Photoshop for tone, color, noise, eye reflection removal, and text.

Well done Lee! I'm really liking what you've been coming up with since you started playing with Dusk. 🙂

Oh, and BTW, feel free to upload those goodies for Dusk over at HiveWire too. I'm sure folks there, who don't come here regularly, will appreciate them. 😉

Butterfly Dezignz

EClark1894 posted Wed, 25 September 2019 at 2:43 PM

I like the Hivewire figures as well. Several times, the Splash page of my Content Directory has featured Dusk as a subject of an image.

cowboy21.png

LeeMoon posted Wed, 25 September 2019 at 4:37 PM

Miss B posted at 4:34PM Wed, 25 September 2019 - #4364075

LeeMoon posted at 1:54PM Wed, 25 September 2019 - #4364058

Well done Lee! I'm really liking what you've been coming up with since you started playing with Dusk. 🙂

Oh, and BTW, feel free to upload those goodies for Dusk over at HiveWire too. I'm sure folks there, who don't come here regularly, will appreciate them. 😉

Thank you so much, Miss B! Learning how to use Dusk has been a joy. I'm humbled by the talents of those who have been contributing to this thread. 😄

Will be happy to upload my freebies at HiveWire as well. Would be my pleasure to do so.

Lee

cwrw posted Wed, 25 September 2019 at 7:33 PM

Jumping in here with Dusk! I can't model to save my life- ALL my Dusk characters are dial spins- one can get a wide range of looks for Dusk. My favorite morph set is the Dusk Head Morph Resource Kit.

Some of my Dusk character renders: cwrw-character-morphs-for-rodrigo.jpg

cwrw-dante-for-dusk-02.jpg

cwrw-dante-for-dusk-04.jpg

Taka.jpg

Napalmarsenal posted Wed, 25 September 2019 at 8:08 PM

Hey guys here's a bit of a match up with Fabiana's Oriana and Dawn SE.Corvina.jpg

Of course ....... I'm rather fond of the HiveWire horse This is a match up with the draft horse and the unicorn and Whisper's gold coat

Sunrunner's Gold copy.jpg,

Also soon to be released for Poser and Daz are a new batch of morphs for the HiveWire House Cat Grimalkin and of course Catula updated for Poser also. Untitledkkj-3998 copy.jpg

Cat Crouch copy.jpg

Napalmarsenal posted Wed, 25 September 2019 at 8:25 PM

Although, I mostly deal with flower textures which are for both Poser and Daz Studio and all of my characters are dial spins you can get some interesting results. Whisper for the HiveWire Horse Whisper2 copy.jpg

Dawn SE with Flower Fairy outfit and Regalia texture expansion Main 232oi copy.jpg

CWRW's Rodrigo for Dusk, Dusk skinny jeans, bomber jacket, cowboy hat with CWRW's Classic hat textures, and Denim textures Sweet Small copy.jpg

Taka with the Adventurer Outfit

BG22.jpg

Taka with Lisa's Botanicals Tropicals II and Call of the Wild Poses for both Dusk and the Gorilla

dusk squat 24 small copy.jpg

Napalmarsenal posted Wed, 25 September 2019 at 8:42 PM

Closer - Dawn SE Dusk with Taka Closer.jpg Call of the Wild Poses for the Gorilla and Dusk

Climbing Stalking Poses.jpg Climbing Stalking with Gorilla copy.jpg

danidh posted Thu, 26 September 2019 at 8:07 AM

Loving all the images!

"Also soon to be released for Poser and Daz are a new batch of morphs for the HiveWire House Cat Grimalkin and of course Catula updated for Poser also."

Both for Poser, too! This is great news!!! I have wanted Catula for Poser since you released it. Dani Foster Herring

Napalmarsenal posted Thu, 26 September 2019 at 8:20 AM

danidh posted at 8:18AM Thu, 26 September 2019 - #4364154

Loving all the images!

"Also soon to be released for Poser and Daz are a new batch of morphs for the HiveWire House Cat Grimalkin and of course Catula updated for Poser also."

Both for Poser, too! This is great news!!! I have wanted Catula for Poser since you released it. Dani Foster Herring

It's in the works. As soon as we are finished with Grimalkin, Catula will be converted also. I have someone who is helping me and two people who are really great with Poser. I started out in Poser, but then gravitated to Daz Studio and things are a little more complicated in Poser so ... I do have something else for the Deer in the works for Christams That will be for Poser and Daz Studio. I just need to get a better grasp on how to do the conversions in Poser.

danidh posted Thu, 26 September 2019 at 8:27 AM

I have a few to add...Luna, Dawn/Willow, Ken's beautiful birds and Hivewire's dog and cat of which I use a lot! LOL

punkintriplicate.jpg

toilandtrouble.jpg

WillowSparkles.jpg

grateful2018.jpg

ninaandmollie.jpg

weekendatthelake.jpg

Miss B posted Thu, 26 September 2019 at 1:03 PM

Beautiful renders, and I'm especially loving the gorgeous Fall colors of the last render. 🙂

Butterfly Dezignz

Napalmarsenal posted Thu, 26 September 2019 at 7:42 PM

WOW gorgeous images!! I love the fall colors on the last one too! It looks like the dog is having so much fun. And love the expression on Nina and Mollie LOL and LOVE your owl cat creature in the Halloween version.

hornet3d posted Thu, 26 September 2019 at 9:20 PM

mmalbert posted at 2:46AM Fri, 27 September 2019 - #4363987

I am enjoying so much seeing what people are doing with the HW figures and animals. It is absolutely inspiring.

Thank you again, Miss B! :)

Lovely work, Satira. You have such a distinct style and I especially like the whimsical feel of the characters. I also really like the Woman in Veil.

Rae_Designs, I wish there was an easy way to make my morphs available to everyone. I keep hoping some enterprising soul will figure out a way to make it possible to swap dial parameters between the two programs. I've put up a few of those as freebies but they're for DS users only, I'm afraid. (oh, and that brain on the floor, lol!)

Hornet3d, what skin are you using for your attractive, slightly older character?

Lee, I think your Dusk looks great. I wish he had a Narrow Waist morph; I made a mention of that during the recent dial spin contest.

Hope to see more pretty pictures, please!

The skin used is essentially ' Master Skin Resource 7 - Dawn' by 3Dream still available in store here along with a few other great skin resources for Dawn and other figures. I say essentially because, for the face, I have added a few freckles and other skin marks by using layers in Paint Shop Pro which allows me to control how prominent the freckles are. On the body the ageing of the skin around the knee and the elbow was a little more aged than I wanted so, again using PSP, I blended a layer from 'Oriana_for_Dawn' by Fabiana to modify the skin resource 7 at those points (the eyes are also from Oriana). That worked for me while using Firefly but along with Poser 11 came the Superfly render engine which, while being a great step forward, sometimes didn't play nicely with Firefly materials. For example it does not like any material with alternate specular as it just blows it out often giving white eyes to firefly based eyes and robbing props of detail. My first Superfly renders of my character made the skin too light and the skin detail was very soft so while the skin maps remained the same I made endless tweaks to the material set up to reach a skin tone I was happy with.

Morph wise I used Dawn's base morphs along with the 'Head Morph Kit 1' from Handspan Studios, 'Shape pf Dawn' by Lyrra, 'i13 Real Mouth For Dawn', 'i13 Real details for Dawn' and 'i13 Natural Teeth Morphs' all by ironman13. Some of these morphs change the perception of the skin, for example the Real details add details to the hands, ribs and feet. Some of the other morphs adds to the ageing of the face but really about 90% of the ageing comes from the skin alone which is why the skin resource is so valuable.

quietrob posted Fri, 27 September 2019 at 12:38 AM

hornet3d posted at 10:35PM Thu, 26 September 2019 - #4363568

Iskelia Faclity RE.jpg

I stopped going through this thread because I saw your name! Welcome Hornet! I'll be certain to visit you and my friends at the Hive more often but in the meantime, Welcome! I hope the upgrade went well for you and the famous Caoimhe!

danidh posted Fri, 27 September 2019 at 1:35 AM

Napalmarsenal posted at 2:33AM Fri, 27 September 2019 - #4364156

danidh posted at 8:18AM Thu, 26 September 2019 - #4364154

Loving all the images!

It's in the works. As soon as we are finished with Grimalkin, Catula will be converted also. I have someone who is helping me and two people who are really great with Poser. I started out in Poser, but then gravitated to Daz Studio and things are a little more complicated in Poser so ... I do have something else for the Deer in the works for Christams That will be for Poser and Daz Studio. I just need to get a better grasp on how to do the conversions in Poser.

The deer, too! Very happy that you are creating for Poser again...Can't wait!! ps...please hurry! LOL

danidh posted Fri, 27 September 2019 at 1:39 AM

...and speaking of the Hivewire Deer. Dani Foster Herring

thegreatprince.jpg

All of my images are created in PoserPro 11, Superfly

quietrob posted Fri, 27 September 2019 at 2:34 AM

hornet3d posted at 12:32AM Fri, 27 September 2019 - #4363913

This is just a snap shot to show how I use Dawn to tell a story. The story clip and render as shown elsewhere.

The missile launch from the cloaked battleship had caught the station defences by surprise but station defences had dealt with most of the incoming missiles either by destroying them or confusing their targeting computers yet two missiles had manged to defeated all efforts to deter them from the mission. At the last minute the defence computer had momentarily applied thrusters to spin the station thankfully, as the remaining missiles were aimed at the outer edge of the station, the action had largely been successful. Having lost their lock on the target both missile immediately detonated, the resulting energy washed over the station adding to the spinning motion it already had. The sudden lurch overwhelmed motion suppressing chairs and many, including Caoimhe and Turlough were thrown with some force from their seats. Caoimhe, who had doggedly kept to the tradition of wearing support suits when many had abandoned the tradition had cause to be thankful for her stubbornness. She was the first to gather a full realisation of what had just happened and using the bulkhead managed to at least grab a hold on the chair. The lack of any alarms suggested the station had suffered little damage but the fact they were still rolling suggested this was not entirely true.

Proximity Hit  RE.jpg

Oh how I missed these mini stories of Caoimhe's adventures in time and space! Thanks Hornet! You and me have kept Petipet working hard. He should be over here!

hornet3d posted Fri, 27 September 2019 at 5:21 AM

quietrob posted at 11:15AM Fri, 27 September 2019 - #4364309

hornet3d posted at 10:35PM Thu, 26 September 2019 - #4363568

Iskelia Faclity RE.jpg

I stopped going through this thread because I saw your name! Welcome Hornet! I'll be certain to visit you and my friends at the Hive more often but in the meantime, Welcome! I hope the upgrade went well for you and the famous Caoimhe!

Hi there, the upgrade not only went well but was probably the easiest Poser upgrade I have ever done, though I should really say that is was the easiest install I had ever done as that is what it was in truth. Not only did it retain my default launch scene it kept all my runtines and Python scripts the only change was the addition of the Poser 11 runtime that added a lot of content I am sure I can use.

I am sure Caoimhe is going to love the upgrade as it has brought me back to Rendo and the chance her wardrobe might be added to in the near future. I will still shop at Daz on the odd occasion as there is no way I can let my rather large collection of Petipet content stagnate.

I trust everything is good with you, it is certainly good to hear from you.

hornet3d posted Fri, 27 September 2019 at 5:32 AM

quietrob posted at 11:22AM Fri, 27 September 2019 - #4364314

hornet3d posted at 12:32AM Fri, 27 September 2019 - #4363913

Proximity Hit  RE.jpg

Oh how I missed these mini stories of Caoimhe's adventures in time and space! Thanks Hornet! You and me have kept Petipet working hard. He should be over here!

I couldn't agree more about Petipet, I know he creates for both DS and Poser but there is so little Poser content over at Daz, Rendo would seem a better place, at least it would seem so. I tend to follow Petipet, Jack Tomalin, Merlin studios and Forbidden whispers over there, Petipet for the sci fi scenes and Jack Tomalin for the great graveyard type scenes, these are ideal for Caoimhe in her role as soul searcher/ gatherer. Merlin has some great medieval content which I like to use as I move into fantasy or time travel scenes. Forbidden Whispers is a bit of a mixed bag as not all the content works in Poser but there are some great vehicles and props, such as lights that can be used to add detail to any render. I used to but Stonemason stuff but I now have all of his back catalogue Poser stuff that is on interest to me so that avenue has come to an end.

Napalmarsenal posted Fri, 27 September 2019 at 3:16 PM

Awesome images guys!! I wish there was a like or love button I could push.

Glitterati3D posted Sun, 29 September 2019 at 7:23 AM

And just to freshen up the thread. Some Baby Luna renders. I've been working on converting some DAZ baby hair to Luna in Poser.

BabyLunaCurls.jpg

BabyLunaRedzHair.jpg

Napalmarsenal posted Mon, 30 September 2019 at 8:35 AM

Nice work on the hair conversion and great images! =)

Glitterati3D posted Mon, 30 September 2019 at 9:07 AM

Napalmarsenal posted at 10:07AM Mon, 30 September 2019 - #4364869

Nice work on the hair conversion and great images! =)

Thanks! I love Baby Luna.

Napalmarsenal posted Mon, 30 September 2019 at 9:31 AM

Hey Glitter, did you get back to Janet on how to close the folders in Poser after you have added the inject morphs? I'm clueless on how that works, but thinking you might could do it as per the way you set the actor section up as in body parts. Just curious and sorry to ask about it here.

Glitterati3D posted Mon, 30 September 2019 at 9:42 AM

Napalmarsenal posted at 10:41AM Mon, 30 September 2019 - #4364881

Hey Glitter, did you get back to Janet on how to close the folders in Poser after you have added the inject morphs? I'm clueless on how that works, but thinking you might could do it as per the way you set the actor section up as in body parts. Just curious and sorry to ask about it here.

I did.

HKHan99 posted Mon, 30 September 2019 at 5:42 PM

Are there genitals for Dusk?

Miss B posted Mon, 30 September 2019 at 9:18 PM

No, the HiveWire human figures don't have sexual organs. The HiveWire animals, however, do.

Butterfly Dezignz

danidh posted Tue, 01 October 2019 at 3:39 AM

Cute Luna images!!

HKHan99 posted Tue, 01 October 2019 at 1:00 PM

Miss B posted at 12:59PM Tue, 01 October 2019 - #4365071

No, the HiveWire human figures don't have sexual organs. The HiveWire animals, however, do.

Kinky....

Miss B posted Tue, 01 October 2019 at 1:46 PM

HKHan99 posted at 2:46PM Tue, 01 October 2019 - #4365185

Miss B posted at 12:59PM Tue, 01 October 2019 - #4365071

Kinky....

No, they just wanted to keep the human figures "family friendly".

Butterfly Dezignz

LeeMoon posted Thu, 03 October 2019 at 9:44 AM

Here's another render of Dusk SE in Poser Pro 11.2.

I'm using the Dusk Secrets briefs and various morph packs. These were purchased at HiveWire 3D in addition to what's included with Poser Pro 11.2. I picked up Dario and the Business Hair for Dawn and Dusk here.

The pose is one I created some weeks ago for Dusk and is slightly modified to work with the body shape in this render. I'm also using 2 custom morphs, one to slim the neck just a bit and the other to narrow the hips.

Everything I've purchased for Dusk has been top notch. Thank you to all the vendors for creating wonderful content for Dusk and Dawn. I'm still working on setting up a variety of Dusk characters to use in my non-WIP renders.

I'm really enjoying Dusk and am looking forward to rendering with him! 😀

Lee DarioDuskStudioPose1.jpg

SatiraCapriccio posted Thu, 03 October 2019 at 4:50 PM

Nice Lee!

Satira Capriccio

Miss B posted Thu, 03 October 2019 at 5:30 PM

I have to agree, as I'm really liking what I'm seeing Lee. Your work with Dusk has been really working well.

BTW, I just recently picked up the Business Hair as well, as it was originally only available for DS, so when I saw they had a Poser version, I grabbed it quickly, though I've only tried it with Dawn so far. Now I'll definitely have to try it out on Dusk. 😉

Butterfly Dezignz

LeeMoon posted Thu, 03 October 2019 at 6:07 PM

Thank you so much, SatiraCapriccio and Miss B!

Dusk is looking to be my go-to guy for renders going forward. I'm still adding morph packs to him so I can achieve a diversity of body/face types. Also, I need to learn how to properly create poses and morph injection poses for Dusk. I'd like to create freebies for him, but I seem to get unwanted interactions with the large eyelashes and/or the injected pose showing up on every body part instead of just in the body or body part they're applied to. Still need to do research over at the HW forums in the Dusk area to look for tips on this. I'm sure I'll figure it out. Or cry. LOL!

I wasn't sure if my Mac was going to handle the fibermesh hair, but it does without any issues. I'm pretty sure I disabled shadow casting on the hair to help it render a bit faster in SuperFly. Might try it with shadows turned on to see how that looks and find out how much of a render time increase it costs. 😀

I sure do like that hair. I also created a reduced polygon version to use as a placeholder while setting up scenes. Then swap in the full polycount version for final renders.

Thank you both again!

Lee

Miss B posted Thu, 03 October 2019 at 8:23 PM

LeeMoon posted at 9:21PM Thu, 03 October 2019 - #4365743

I wasn't sure if my Mac was going to handle the fibermesh hair, but it does without any issues. I'm pretty sure I disabled shadow casting on the hair to help it render a bit faster in SuperFly. Might try it with shadows turned on to see how that looks and find out how much of a render time increase it costs. 😀

Yes, I bought a fibermesh hair product for V4 years ago, and hardly ever use it because I'm always afraid it'll slow my laptop down to a crawl. The Business Hair didn't do that, and I think because it's such a short style helps as far as rendering goes.

Butterfly Dezignz

LeeMoon posted Thu, 03 October 2019 at 10:23 PM

Miss B posted at 10:18PM Thu, 03 October 2019 - #4365775

LeeMoon posted at 9:21PM Thu, 03 October 2019 - #4365743

Yes, I bought a fibermesh hair product for V4 years ago, and hardly ever use it because I'm always afraid it'll slow my laptop down to a crawl. The Business Hair didn't do that, and I think because it's such a short style helps as far as rendering goes.

I am delighted that the Business Hair works so well on my system. It looks great when rendered, especially in closeup. It's got a wonderful short style to it. Very happy with this purchase! 😀

Lee

Pommerlis posted Fri, 04 October 2019 at 3:17 AM

I bought Lyrra's Dusk Fitroom Kit and I have a whooooole wardrobe for Dusk now..... Slowly converting all my M4 stuff to Dusk, got myself the fitkit for Dawn aswell so I will be busy for a while LOL

NaturesChild1400x1000.jpg

Pommerlis posted Fri, 04 October 2019 at 3:17 AM

The outfit is Woodgod for Michael 4 by the way.

Dusk, Rodrigo character for Dusk and BabyLuna with Creature Morphs

LeeMoon posted Fri, 04 October 2019 at 3:31 PM

"Nature's Child" is a wonderful image, Pommerlis!

Also, I've placed Lyrra's Fitroom Kit for Dusk in my wishlist. I think I'll give that a try on some M4 clothes and see if I can get good results. Thank you for letting us know about the Fitroom Kits!

Lee

Digitell posted Fri, 04 October 2019 at 4:59 PM

I love this character. I like the tiny lines around her eyes and mouth. She looks really good!hornet3d posted at 4:58PM Fri, 04 October 2019 - #4363552

I am so glad Glitterati3D started this thread and much credit must go to Bondware for including some of the Hive family in Poser so users can see just how good they are. For many years I was using V4 to try and illustrate a sci-fi story that has been bouncing around in my head for what seems a life time. I had what I thought was a character, morphed to create a 5 foot nothing slightly mature heroine for my stories. As my skills with Poser grew, with a great deal of help from Poser users in forums here and elsewhere, I found V4 start to get limiting, expressions in particular were not as life like as I wanted but where was I going to find a replacement figure that had more scope but I could still turn into a petite mature heroine. Luckily two things happen around that time, Dawn SE was launched and 3Dream created some beautiful skin resources here at Rendo. Resource Number 7 was just what I was looking for.

OK so this story could get very long so lets cut to the chase, here is my heroine, Caoimhe, in about the third iteration, the last being reworking so that I could use Superfly as a render engine. Keep in mind I am not looking for photo realistic but more believable.

Forest HR RD.jpg

Rider RE.jpg

I hope this encourages other to at least try Dawn to see if the figure works for you, after all the only thing it is going to cost you is time.

LeeMoon posted Fri, 04 October 2019 at 8:07 PM

Another Dusk render with a little bit of fun. Dario texture again, Dusk's Hero hair, freebie milk crate, and Glitterati3D's Deep Cut Tank Top (thank you, Traci!)

Used a modified cloth texture from Vince Bagna's SuperFly materials collection on the tank top.

I'm still learning Poser Pro 11 after using Poser Pro 2014 for years. So glad that Bondware and Renderosity picked up Poser. I've been using Poser since version 1 in 1995 and have enjoyed exploring the artistic side of my creativity ever since. And I'm especially thrilled with all of the wonderful HiveWire content that's included with Poser Pro 11.2.

Lee

DuskWithCrate1.jpg

hornet3d posted Mon, 07 October 2019 at 6:50 AM

digitell posted at 12:37PM Mon, 07 October 2019 - #4365911

I love this character. I like the tiny lines around her eyes and mouth. She looks really good!hornet3d posted at 4:58PM Fri, 04 October 2019 - #4363552

Forest HR RD.jpg

Rider RE.jpg

Thank you so much for your comments Digitell, it is always good hear from someone who appreciates your efforts. I am very proud of the character because it took such a long time to create, particularly if you add in the time needed to convert the character to render in Superfly.

I have been trying to write a story for some years now but it I never seem to get around to it. What I do know is I wanted the story to revolve around a different type of hero from the norm. First it is a heroine of a petite rather than a super model stature and I wanted it to be a slightly mature female than is the Poser norm. I started with a character based upon V4 and later V4 weight mapped but for the last few years it has been this Dawn based character.

I have created Caiomhe to be about five foot nothing in comparison with other figures and the Poser world. It makes posing interesting and often difficult, getting Caoimhe positioned correctly on a motorbike is an interesting challenge but all in all I love working with her.

Thanks again for taking time to add your comments, and your comments as well.

LeeMoon posted Mon, 07 October 2019 at 10:54 AM

mmalbert posted at 10:48AM Mon, 07 October 2019 - #4363987

Hi mmalbert! I've done several iterations of my narrow hip morph and finally created an inject morph. It works well on Dusk and am pretty happy with it.

However, there's a better solution for getting Dusk some additional shaping morphs. I decided to load the base Dusk SE into Poser and injected Dawn's various morph injection files into him. Then I decided which morphs I wanted to keep (and that worked well) for Dusk and exported morph injection files for him. Now I have Dawn's excellent hip/waist morphs for Dusk and they work fantastically well. So happy with the results.

Here's a render with Dusk that has some of Dawn's morphs dialed in.

Lee

DuskArtPose3A-Exvellere-1.jpg

Miss B posted Mon, 07 October 2019 at 11:41 AM

WOW, I never would've thought of using some of Dawn's morphs with Dusk! Well done, again, sir. Keep up the good work. 😉

Butterfly Dezignz

hornet3d posted Mon, 07 October 2019 at 2:07 PM

Miss B posted at 8:06PM Mon, 07 October 2019 - #4366320

WOW, I never would've thought of using some of Dawn's morphs with Dusk! Well done, again, sir. Keep up the good work. 😉

I agree, that is a neat move I would never have thought of. Love the render.

LeeMoon posted Mon, 07 October 2019 at 3:44 PM

Thank you, Miss B and hornet3d!

I tried going the other way, from Dusk over to Dawn. Everything starts out okay, but as I suspected, once you start posing, the joint centers and/or weight maps begin to spaghettify the mesh. For a minute I thought I'd have a Lady Ruckus to go with Ruckus. LOL! Perhaps some more tinkering with which Dusk morphs I inject and whether Dawn's morphs are loaded first. If anyone else experiments with this stuff, please do share what you find! 😀

I hope others find this tip useful and thank you again for the kind comments on my render!

UPDATE: It LOOKS like if you inject Dawn's morphs into the base Dawn and THEN inject Dusk's morphs, the bending issues are resolved. Will post more as I play around with this. I might get a Lady Ruckus and a Lady Gorilla after all. 😀

Lee

Glitterati3D posted Mon, 07 October 2019 at 4:13 PM

LeeMoon posted at 5:07PM Mon, 07 October 2019 - #4366338

Thank you, Miss B and hornet3d!

I tried going the other way, from Dusk over to Dawn. Everything starts out okay, but as I suspected, once you start posing, the joint centers and/or weight maps begin to spaghettify the mesh. For a minute I thought I'd have a Lady Ruckus to go with Ruckus. LOL! Perhaps some more tinkering with which Dusk morphs I inject and whether Dawn's morphs are loaded first. If anyone else experiments with this stuff, please do share what you find! 😀

I hope others find this tip useful and thank you again for the kind comments on my render!

UPDATE: It LOOKS like if you inject Dawn's morphs into the base Dawn and THEN inject Dusk's morphs, the bending issues are resolved. Will post more as I play around with this. I might get a Lady Ruckus and a Lady Gorilla after all. 😀

Lee

One thing you might want to play with is Match Centers to Morph:

!MatchCenters.jpg

This will help with the "gumby" distortions.

LeeMoon posted Mon, 07 October 2019 at 4:49 PM

Thank you so much, Traci!

The Match Centers to Morph worked wonders. I'm still goofing around with Dusk-to-Dawn morphs and like what is happening. Your advice was wonderful! 😀

Lee

Glitterati3D posted Mon, 07 October 2019 at 5:06 PM

LeeMoon posted at 6:05PM Mon, 07 October 2019 - #4366345

Thank you so much, Traci!

The Match Centers to Morph worked wonders. I'm still goofing around with Dusk-to-Dawn morphs and like what is happening. Your advice was wonderful! 😀

Lee

This is one of the advantages of everyone being on the same version of Poser. No more "Standard or Pro" questions before we offer advice to other users.

LeeMoon posted Mon, 07 October 2019 at 5:11 PM

Glitterati3D posted at 5:09PM Mon, 07 October 2019 - #4366347

This is one of the advantages of everyone being on the same version of Poser. No more "Standard or Pro" questions before we offer advice to other users.

Agreed! This will make it so much easier going forward.

Lee

LeeMoon posted Mon, 07 October 2019 at 5:33 PM

Here you go... Lady Ruckus.

Dawn with Dusk's Ruckus morphs injected (and a bunch more of Dusk's morphs.) Dialed down the hands scale and gave her a more hourglass figure (at least for a Ruckus figure! LOL). Please ignore the poor lighting, render quality, etc. as this is just a technical test of intermixing Dusk's and Dawn's morphs. I think they can work well across figures and am happy with the results I'm seeing.

Lee

LadyRuckusLeaps1.jpg

hornet3d posted Tue, 08 October 2019 at 4:41 AM

LeeMoon posted at 10:40AM Tue, 08 October 2019 - #4366358

Here you go... Lady Ruckus.

Dawn with Dusk's Ruckus morphs injected (and a bunch more of Dusk's morphs.) Dialed down the hands scale and gave her a more hourglass figure (at least for a Ruckus figure! LOL). Please ignore the poor lighting, render quality, etc. as this is just a technical test of intermixing Dusk's and Dawn's morphs. I think they can work well across figures and am happy with the results I'm seeing.

Lee

LadyRuckusLeaps1.jpg

That is simply amazing.

Pommerlis posted Tue, 08 October 2019 at 5:47 AM

That is a great idea Lee to mix the morphs! I think I might have a go at that aswell!

LeeMoon posted Tue, 08 October 2019 at 11:00 AM

Thank you, hornet3d and Pommerlis!

For Dusk, I only brought over a few of Dawn's morphs to give him a few additional body adjustments. I might add more as I expand the number of unique characters I make with him. I'm so delighted that many of the morphs can be mixed. I've done this over the years with figures that share the same base mesh. It gives a look of continuity when the style of one character can match another one.

So very happy with Dusk and Dawn! Thank you HiveWire 3D and all the vendors and enthusiasts who support them!! 💯

Lee

CHK2033 posted Wed, 09 October 2019 at 10:25 AM

Pommerlis posted at 10:23AM Wed, 09 October 2019 - #4365804

NaturesChild1400x1000.jpg

Nice image ?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

HP Zbook 17 G6,  intel Xeon  64 GB of ram 1 TB SSD, Quadro RTX 5000 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

mmalbert posted Wed, 09 October 2019 at 3:27 PM

LeeMoon posted at 3:23PM Wed, 09 October 2019 - #4366317

Hi mmalbert! I've done several iterations of my narrow hip morph and finally created an inject morph. It works well on Dusk and am pretty happy with it.

However, there's a better solution for getting Dusk some additional shaping morphs. I decided to load the base Dusk SE into Poser and injected Dawn's various morph injection files into him. Then I decided which morphs I wanted to keep (and that worked well) for Dusk and exported morph injection files for him. Now I have Dawn's excellent hip/waist morphs for Dusk and they work fantastically well. So happy with the results.

Lee

Thanks, Lee! I haven't tried the DS way of doing this, but I should give it a try. I converted a bunch of free Dawn morphs for use with Dusk, so I could go through a grab some of the Dawn ones that I think would be useful for Dusk. He's missing a few standard ones that she has.

Going to add this to my way too long To Do List.

BTW, that's a lovely render of Dusk. Glad to see him getting a little love too.

Hornet3d, thanks for the info on the texture you used on your character. I actually have that resource in my wishlist; one of these days I'll get around to picking it up. :) I have Oriana too. Her morphs don't work in DS but the textures were easy to convert over.

Napalmarsenal posted Wed, 09 October 2019 at 4:52 PM

Hey guys just thought I would drop a line about Grimalkin which is now available at Hivewire for the HIvewire House Cat, and YEP it's for Poser too!!

Thanks Janet, Ken, and Tracy for helping get it converted over !!! I really appreciate you guys. Catula is next for the HiveWire House Cat....... just need to finish up a few things on the readme file and get it into QAV. It will be an update to the Daz Studio version. Then, we are looking at something Toony for the HiveWire Deer. Also not too far off is the Reindeer morph for the Hivewire Mule Deer looking pretty cool!

Poser AR.jpg

AR 7.jpg

Napalmarsenal posted Wed, 09 October 2019 at 5:05 PM

mmalbert posted at 5:05PM Wed, 09 October 2019 - #4366526

LeeMoon posted at 3:23PM Wed, 09 October 2019 - #4366317

Lee

Thanks, Lee! I haven't tried the DS way of doing this, but I should give it a try. I converted a bunch of free Dawn morphs for use with Dusk, so I could go through a grab some of the Dawn ones that I think would be useful for Dusk. He's missing a few standard ones that she has.

Going to add this to my way too long To Do List.

BTW, that's a lovely render of Dusk. Glad to see him getting a little love too.

Hornet3d, thanks for the info on the texture you used on your character. I actually have that resource in my wishlist; one of these days I'll get around to picking it up. :) I have Oriana too. Her morphs don't work in DS but the textures were easy to convert over.

Really nice pose and character! Lee!

Pommie Love this image!! Such beautiful colors!

quietrob posted Thu, 10 October 2019 at 5:53 PM

My subby button doesn't seem to always work so I'm Pinging for awesomeness.

LeeMoon posted Mon, 14 October 2019 at 3:22 PM

Thank you, mmalbert and Napalmarsenal!

I've been down for a few days with migraine and am just catching up on the forums. Thank you for the kind words regarding my efforts with Dusk and Poser. I'm really enjoying the versatility of Dusk, especially after loading him with a wide variety of his available morphs and those from Dawn. I think I'm going to get a lot out of Dusk (and Dawn) in the future. Such well thought out figures!

Here's another re-hash of my prior Dusk render showing off more of his physique when using some of Dawn's hip/waist/leg morphs, and a sprinkling of Ruckus, Sculpted, Rodrigo shapes, Dante, and the loincloth (with the flaps made invisible) to make a nice posing strap. Oh, and I used the BagginsBill skin shader in EZSkin3 this time (and some Photoshop tonal/contrast work afterwards.) I like Dusk's expression on this one. Very much the opposite of how I felt while having a migraine. LOL!

Lee

Dusk-Dante Soccer.jpg

Glitterati3D posted Thu, 17 October 2019 at 8:44 PM

Dusk Joker. Tux went to testing tonight.

DuskJoker.jpg

LeeMoon posted Sat, 19 October 2019 at 3:42 PM

Glitterati3D posted at 3:39PM Sat, 19 October 2019 - #4367509

Dusk Joker. Tux went to testing tonight.

DuskJoker.jpg

Traci, your Red Carpet Tux clothing set for Dusk is wonderful. I love the long tail tuxedo! 😀

Lee

Glitterati3D posted Fri, 25 October 2019 at 2:39 PM

Thanks, Lee!

The Red Carpet set for Dawn and Dusk hit the store this morning at 50% off. One week only!

ArriveRC-Tux.jpg

Liquid_Ice posted Mon, 04 November 2019 at 9:30 PM

A lot of people on the hive have already see. This image of my free Nikita character for dawn. But still maybe not everybody on rosity.DawnNikita1.jpg

Liquid_Ice posted Mon, 04 November 2019 at 9:35 PM

I am aware of the lip normal map, not matching up on this render. I have that fixed now. I also added fiber mesh peach fuzz to the face and neck. I wanted to use fiber mesh also on the jumper but my pc couldn't handle it.

I changed dawns eye ball shape to simulate that of a real eye. I also modeled the hair for this figure.

Liquid_Ice posted Mon, 04 November 2019 at 9:53 PM

I am also developing this character for dawn and upcoming dawn 2.0. I love working on different characters. The hivewire figures are very easy to morph.jolie.jpg

Miss B posted Tue, 05 November 2019 at 12:18 AM

I like you're Nikita character, and this new one you're working on is looking good as well. 🙂

Butterfly Dezignz

Liquid_Ice posted Thu, 07 November 2019 at 9:08 AM

Dawn's Asian cousin has arrived and can't wait to go downtown with her

DawnAsian1.jpg

Miss B posted Thu, 07 November 2019 at 3:49 PM

Do you have these nice characters for Dawn somewhere we can obtain them? Or are they only for your own personal use?

Butterfly Dezignz

Liquid_Ice posted Thu, 07 November 2019 at 8:40 PM

Miss B posted at 8:33PM Thu, 07 November 2019 - #4369506

Do you have these nice characters for Dawn somewhere we can obtain them? Or are they only for your own personal use?

That is a good question. Nikita is free. I don't know if I'm allowed to post a link here. I however updated her skin textures and will re-upload her this week.

I am personally very afraid to let my characters go into the wild. In the past, when the chat was still here, I often showed examples and also on the Smith micro forum I sometimes posted a picture. People have asked me in private too where they could buy them. In all honesty I too afraid I can't live up to expectations. I never told people this haha. But to make a character sellable I have to make some changes too. I have created all the above characters with very resource hungry materials. I am still tinkering about releasing some other characters that I haven't showed yet.

Liquid_Ice posted Thu, 07 November 2019 at 8:41 PM

As you can see, the Asian character uses nikitas eye textures haha. I was too lazy to make new ones.

Miss B posted Thu, 07 November 2019 at 10:11 PM

Liquid_Ice posted at 11:09PM Thu, 07 November 2019 - #4369523

Miss B posted at 8:33PM Thu, 07 November 2019 - #4369506

That is a good question. Nikita is free. I don't know if I'm allowed to post a link here. I however updated her skin textures and will re-upload her this week.

I think you can add a link in plain text. You may not be able to add a "live" link. IOW, just type it out, rather than using the Link button at the bottom of the posting text area.

Butterfly Dezignz

estherau posted Wed, 20 November 2019 at 4:42 PM

Wow Liquid - your renders look photorealistic. the jumper in the firs tone looks completely real even without that fuzz. that is the most realistic 3d render i have EVER seen!

Great work! Love esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

Liquid_Ice posted Wed, 20 November 2019 at 6:21 PM

estherau posted at 6:19PM Wed, 20 November 2019 - #4370810

Wow Liquid - your renders look photorealistic. the jumper in the firs tone looks completely real even without that fuzz. that is the most realistic 3d render i have EVER seen!

Great work! Love esther

Esther thank you, I used wilmap's clothing for this one and a simple hdri. i need to change the shaders for I dont really like them.. All i did was changing the texture and a normal map for the feel of a jumper( it is actually a sweater if im not mistaken lol)

Richardphotos posted Sun, 24 November 2019 at 6:42 PM

Ok ... here is my first test with Dawn ... African face morph ... Texture done by me from default texture ... Hope you like the result.

I really like the result

LeeMoon posted Thu, 12 December 2019 at 8:59 PM

Another render of Dusk doing a beekcake pose. As I've mentioned many times before, I love Dusk and his add-ons!

Thank you to all who have provided freebies and commercial products for him. I'm still simultaneously learning Poser Pro 11, Dusk, and SuperFly. It's a slow but very rewarding process for me.

I hope others are inspired by the images others are showing in this thread and will give Dusk, Dawn, and all the other HiveWire 3D content a look.

Lee

DuskAthleticPose2A.jpg

Retrowave posted Fri, 03 January 2020 at 5:53 PM

hornet3d posted at 5:08PM Fri, 03 January 2020 - #4363788

I thought it might be of interest to show how my Dawn Character developed over the years.

New Girl RE.jpg

Midnight -0.06 HS RE.jpg

Huntress with hat RE.jpg

Impunity j RE.jpg

She was always meant to be a time traveller but at least the style needs to change so 2018 she had a new style. I don't tend to render nudes but this exposes a little more of the character. The outfit is actually a woodland outfit but I have played with the materials to make is work in the time frame.

Woodland Alt RE.jpg

By 2019 she is closer to the earlier renders in this thread, the major change being the hair colour.

Alyssa Outfit RE.jpg

Must admit she's one of the tastiest looking characters I've seen (not so keen on her friend in the fourth image though). Interesting, cause from the first time I ever saw Dawn, she came across as the perfect base for a mature woman, and it's actually quite odd how often I see characters based on Dawn, and I almost always prefer them over the others. Makes me wonder if there's something inherently persuasive about the base that encourages people to create the sort of characters they are creating for her.

Anyway, I think she's very pretty, and while I have no clue as to the popularity of mature women characters, I think she'd sell well if you were to put her on the market, especially if the whole body texture was as good as the face.

hornet3d posted Sat, 04 January 2020 at 7:29 AM

Retrowave posted at 1:22PM Sat, 04 January 2020 - #4375421

hornet3d posted at 5:08PM Fri, 03 January 2020 - #4363788

New Girl RE.jpg

Midnight -0.06 HS RE.jpg

Huntress with hat RE.jpg

Impunity j RE.jpg

Woodland Alt RE.jpg

Alyssa Outfit RE.jpg

Must admit she's one of the tastiest looking characters I've seen (not so keen on her friend in the fourth image though). Interesting, cause from the first time I ever saw Dawn, she came across as the perfect base for a mature woman, and it's actually quite odd how often I see characters based on Dawn, and I almost always prefer them over the others. Makes me wonder if there's something inherently persuasive about the base that encourages people to create the sort of characters they are creating for her.

Anyway, I think she's very pretty, and while I have no clue as to the popularity of mature women characters, I think she'd sell well if you were to put her on the market, especially if the whole body texture was as good as the face.

Thank you for your comments. Unfortunately for some who have shown an interest my Caoimhe character will never be up for sale as it is created using so many different commercial products. I did not use the original Dawn, mainly due to the lack of morphs. Dawn SE was a different case entirely and I think that the availability of some great high quality morphs is one the the reasons Dawn is used for what I regard as some of the more interesting characters.

The whole body texture is indeed as good as the face as it is based on 'Master Skin Resource 7 by 3Dream' I do not generally render nudes but you can have a look at the product here at Rendo to see the full promos. The body of my character is slightly modified as I found the knees a little too extreme for what I wanted so the maps are blended with another resource.

Retrowave posted Sat, 04 January 2020 at 11:51 AM

Well very nice anyway, I especially like the first three faces, even though there are differences. Thanks for the heads-up on the texture, I've noticed 3Dream does some quality stuff so I'll check it out and might buy it if I end up continuing with Poser.

Just want to clarify what I meant as well cause I could not edit my post in time. It sounds in my post as if I more often than not prefer Dawn characters. But what I actually meant was that whenever I see a mature woman character I like the look of, and check which base was used, it is more often than not based on Dawn. It's something I've noticed, even from people such as yourself who make images for their gallery or whatever but the figure itself not for sale, it's amazing how many times the base is Dawn.

hornet3d posted Sat, 04 January 2020 at 12:21 PM

Retrowave posted at 6:05PM Sat, 04 January 2020 - #4375482

Well very nice anyway, I especially like the first three faces, even though there are differences. Thanks for the heads-up on the texture, I've noticed 3Dream does some quality stuff so I'll check it out and might buy it if I end up continuing with Poser.

Just want to clarify what I meant as well cause I could not edit my post in time. It sounds in my post as if I more often than not prefer Dawn characters. But what I actually meant was that whenever I see a mature woman character I like the look of, and check which base was used, it is more often than not based on Dawn. It's something I've noticed, even from people such as yourself who make images for their gallery or whatever but the figure itself not for sale, it's amazing how many times the base is Dawn.

Thanks for the clarification but that is what I understood from your earlier comments, I think the point is that most default female figures are on the young side so if you want a mature looking figure you have to either do some extra modelling or a lot of dial spinning. That being the case the choice of which base figure is used may be influenced by the merchant resources and morph packs available. I did make a mature character based on V4 and later V4WM (weight mapped) but I found Dawn SE a much easier prospect. The skin map is very important though and I was lucky 3Dream did the mature resource for Dawn, without it the character would be far less convincing.

I don't tend to use other figures so I really don't know how easy they are at creating mature female characters for but there is certainly enough skin and morph packs about for Dawn SE to make it possible with very little skill and a lot of trial and error, which is how Caoimhe was created.