Sat, Jun 1, 11:59 PM CDT

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jun 01 3:59 pm)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Installing products from .zip files into Daz Studio

jennblake ( ) posted Wed, 23 August 2017 at 9:05 AM · edited Tue, 14 May 2024 at 6:11 PM

To find out where to install Renderosity items to DS:

Open DAZ Studio.

DAZ gives us two “my Library” folders, but only one of them is the Correct target for content.

Click thru the entries until you find a Genesis figure. You should have Genesis 3 Female or Genesis 8 Female installed as she’s part of DS 4.9.

You should see People/Genesis 3 Female with a purple icon or Genesis 8 Female with a teal blue icon Now trace this path back up to the top level, to My Library.

Right Click on My Library and choose Browse to Folder Location.

THIS is the correct place to Unzip all of your DS content, be they paid or Freebies. It doesn’t matter if the item is from Renderosity or DAZ or Share CG.

This is where it needs to be in order for DS to find it.

(Making a desktop shortcut will speed up future installs!)

When you open the zip, Make sure you see Data, People, runtime, etc Folders... not Content or My Library or some other thing. Free items tend to use a parent folder that must be opened before you can drag and drop the item’s contents into your actual DS Library.

Happy Rendering!

Andy!

jennblake ( ) posted Wed, 15 November 2017 at 9:32 AM

bump 😄

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.