Mon, Jun 3, 3:58 AM CDT

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jun 02 9:34 pm)

Subject: Changing the location of an object when loaded

Xartis ( ) posted Fri, 19 May 2017 at 3:57 AM · edited Thu, 18 April 2024 at 7:04 AM

When I load my favourite armchair Object into my scene it loads about 300 Poser units offscreen. I usually use the Auxiliary Camera to see where it is, then drag it into my scene. The damned thing also loads in a 45° attitude. Once I get it centered at 0 0 0 Can I change its Origin so that the bloody thing loads onscreen ? A cure for this annoying object would be much appreciated.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Fri, 19 May 2017 at 4:15 AM

Save it out when you have repositioned it. That should do the trick.

If, however, the origin has been changed to something daft, you can alter that by selecting "Display Origin" from the properties tab and adjusting accordingly. That usually isn't the case, though; it's more likely to have been saved out from a preset location.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

Boni ( ) posted Fri, 19 May 2017 at 6:21 AM

Sam has the best solution. Sometimes when a creator has a prop ... they have it set up in a pre-made scene. So perhaps your chair was originally in an upstairs bedroom of a house ... therefore the position of the chair assumes you have the house in place. Just re-position the chair where you want it and save it with a name implying the new position. Choose that version next time. I tend not to delete the original ... I'm paranoid like that.

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

Xartis ( ) posted Fri, 19 May 2017 at 11:25 AM

Boni, Sam Many thanks for the speedy answer. I'll give it a run this evening (the tv is crap anyway.)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.