Sun, May 5, 7:10 PM CDT

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 May 05 11:57 am)

Subject: Question for the Render Guru's here

quietrob ( ) posted Wed, 10 February 2016 at 6:36 PM

rokket posted at 4:35PM Wed, 10 February 2016 - #4251258

helmet WIP.png

I have Dusk now. I don't know what I am going to do with this costume. Maybe nothing. But I have him available for a character now.

A good looking costume. It might be a little bland but you can come up with a symbol (if you want one) once you determine his purpose and power. Under his neck. His mask. It is completely even? A small bit looks missing. It might just be the angle.

rokket ( ) posted Wed, 10 February 2016 at 7:29 PM

I think it might be the angle. It's covering his jaw and chin evenly.

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

quietrob ( ) posted Fri, 12 February 2016 at 10:59 PM

rokket posted at 8:55PM Fri, 12 February 2016 - #4250750

The genealogy of the Forester family: (Updated)

Grandfather Arthur William Forester

Had 2 sons and 1 daughter

Sons: Jonathon Arthur and Sebastian Henry

Daughter: Emily Rose

Jonathon married Susan Ellison

Jonathon had 1 son: Jonathon Jr.

Sebastian married Helen Thomas

Sebastian had 1 daughter: Emma

Sebastian had a son out of wedlock. He was having an affair with his nanny, Lei Sung Hong.

Sebastian never knew about his son. But Lei Sung told her son who is father is.

Sebastian was a silent partner with his brother and Forester Industries. He helped Jonathon to finance a new building on the compound devoted to R&D. Emma was under this new building....

Sebastion seems to have a more interesting history than the hero, John! I suppose it makes sense. The hero being a little more upstanding than yer average citizen. Still, Sebastion is a silent partner. Silent partners. Hmmm, I once dated a librarian. It's always the quiet ones you have to watch out for. Plus who ended up raising...oh...The Son that wasn't named.

quietrob ( ) posted Fri, 12 February 2016 at 11:01 PM

rokket posted at 9:01PM Fri, 12 February 2016 - #4253495

Rey update.png

Screw it. I'll post it here.

The suit looks right on. What boots do you suggest for her?

rokket ( ) posted Sat, 13 February 2016 at 3:30 AM

quietrob posted at 1:29AM Sat, 13 February 2016 - #4254771

rokket posted at 8:55PM Fri, 12 February 2016 - #4250750

The genealogy of the Forester family: (Updated)

Grandfather Arthur William Forester

Had 2 sons and 1 daughter

Sons: Jonathon Arthur and Sebastian Henry

Daughter: Emily Rose

Jonathon married Susan Ellison

Jonathon had 1 son: Jonathon Jr.

Sebastian married Helen Thomas

Sebastian had 1 daughter: Emma

Sebastian had a son out of wedlock. He was having an affair with his nanny, Lei Sung Hong.

Sebastian never knew about his son. But Lei Sung told her son who is father is.

Sebastian was a silent partner with his brother and Forester Industries. He helped Jonathon to finance a new building on the compound devoted to R&D. Emma was under this new building....

Sebastion seems to have a more interesting history than the hero, John! I suppose it makes sense. The hero being a little more upstanding than yer average citizen. Still, Sebastion is a silent partner. Silent partners. Hmmm, I once dated a librarian. It's always the quiet ones you have to watch out for. Plus who ended up raising...oh...The Son that wasn't named.

Yeah, the bastard son will play a role later on. Sebastian will pass away and it's during the reading of the will that the son shows up. No one will see that coming.

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

rokket ( ) posted Sat, 13 February 2016 at 3:31 AM

quietrob posted at 1:30AM Sat, 13 February 2016 - #4254772

rokket posted at 9:01PM Fri, 12 February 2016 - #4253495

Rey update.png

Screw it. I'll post it here.

The suit looks right on. What boots do you suggest for her?

The suit looks much better now than when I did that render. We are at sea, so tomorrow I'll post an update. I modeled the boots. They are exactly like she wore in the movie, except that I didn't model the laces in the back.

rokket ( ) posted Sat, 13 February 2016 at 3:36 AM

Oh yeah, one more thing: it's unclear whether or not Sebastian ever knew that Emma was under that building. His silent partnership was just that: completely hands off. He only helped with money matters when the company was switching gears from trying to compete with Apple and Microsoft to making home security and surveillance equipment. Emma was presumed dead. She wanted her family to believe she was. She was technically dead anyhow. Only her body and the brain with the base functions was intact.

rokket ( ) posted Sat, 13 February 2016 at 4:27 AM

Wow... over at Hivewire the founder and creator of Dawn just gave me Dawn SE as a gift. That is so cool. She costs about $30. I am talking to the wife and wearing her down. She might let me get Dawn's starter kit so I have full use of her. It's almost Valentine's day, so I am bribing her.

EldritchCellar ( ) posted Sat, 13 February 2016 at 7:19 AM ยท edited Sat, 13 February 2016 at 7:20 AM

Cool rokket, Chris Creek is a helluva artist. I like the miniature paintings that he does. I haven't used dawn but she looks good. I'm totally off into my own myopic little corner as far a figures go. I seem to have developed this pattern of making something and doing a few demo renders of it and moving on to the next modeling project. I think my studies and background in sculpture gives me a different perspective on my rendering. I tend to model something and "photograph" it in a documentary sense. The single object/thing is the narrative, as opposed to a more set dressing pastiche technique where a bunch of things are combined to create the narrative. I think once I get tired/worn out with making add ons for Missus I'll step back and put her through her paces in a more story telling type of render scenerio. By then she should have a bunch more stuff. I'm making a more conventional style conforming head for her now, it's coming along well but will be a while before it's finished... I'm off down the rabbit hole with this one. ;)

Have fun with Dawn, look forward to seeing what you do with her.

W10 Pro, HP Envy X360 Laptop, Intel Core i7-10510U, NVIDIA GeForce MX250, Intel UHD, 16 GB DDR4-2400 SDRAM, 1 TB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD

Mudbox 2022, Adobe PS CC, Poser Pro 11.3, Blender 2.9, Wings3D 2.2.5

My Freestuff and Gallery at ShareCG

rokket ( ) posted Sat, 13 February 2016 at 4:36 PM

Thanks! We are pulling in to port this morning. I will be online tonight downloading her and uploading some renders. I like what you are doing with missus. It's a very unique approach to the standard figure that we have gotten used to using. I got the hands, so if you are doing a new head, I'll watch for it. I am going to be busy at Hivewire and ShareCG over the next few weeks.

rokket ( ) posted Sat, 13 February 2016 at 7:05 PM

I just thought of this, but that head would make her role in my comic much more interesting. I was going to try to add Sydney's head to her, but it would be a prop, so I'd lose the face morphs and the expressions, so I don't know. Perhaps making Sydney's body invisible to camera and missus' head. The idea was that she attempts to imitate Blaze in order to get closer to Green Lightning. That attempt fails of course, but it would be cool to see it rendered.

EldritchCellar ( ) posted Sat, 13 February 2016 at 11:03 PM ยท edited Sat, 13 February 2016 at 11:08 PM

No, you wouldn't lose the face morphs and expressions. Her new head will be fully rigged (eyes, with ERC and pupil morphs, upper and lower jaw actors, and a rigged tongue) plus a bunch of morphs, it won't look like Jessi though. Your idea would work, and it could be done as a figure or a prop. So you could keep Jessi's head rig.

W10 Pro, HP Envy X360 Laptop, Intel Core i7-10510U, NVIDIA GeForce MX250, Intel UHD, 16 GB DDR4-2400 SDRAM, 1 TB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD

EldritchCellar ( ) posted Sat, 13 February 2016 at 11:11 PM ยท edited Sat, 13 February 2016 at 11:12 PM

...come to think of it, Jessi's head rig could be edited to be a conformer for Missus is you wanted. Lol. It's pretty easy to Frankenstein stuff like that.

rokket ( ) posted Sun, 14 February 2016 at 12:53 AM

I might go about it a different way. I want to show that only Green Lightning will see her as Blaze, but everyone else will see missus. Since she was created with magic, she can use it in limited applications. She doesn't know about Blaze, the spell she casts will let the person she casts it on see her as the one he loves, so....

rokket ( ) posted Sun, 14 February 2016 at 3:04 AM

rey.png

Here is the completed costume. I am going to remodel the tunic. I had to do a lot of work with the morph brush after I ran the cloth sim. Something like this can't be rigged, at least not by me, so I have to change it.

EldritchCellar ( ) posted Sun, 14 February 2016 at 6:17 AM

It looks really good. One of your better ensembles IMO. What's giving you trouble with the rigging? The hanging bits?

rokket ( ) posted Sun, 14 February 2016 at 7:45 AM

I haven't tried to rig it yet. Right now it's a dynamic cloth model. It's the fact that it's two separate pieces,and they come apart when I run the simulation. I have to figure out how to model it as a single piece that looks like two separate pieces. I thought I had it, but it didn't work quite right. I'll get it.

I was thinking hybrid, rig the top and leave the hanging parts as a dynamic cloth. I haven't tried that yet because I am remapping the shoes for a better look. Right now they are split in half and don't look quite right. I know how I am going to map it, I just have to get to it.

rokket ( ) posted Sat, 20 February 2016 at 10:26 PM

Gracie.png

Did some more work on my Asian girl. I have named her Gracie. She's Cambodian, I believe...

rokket ( ) posted Wed, 24 February 2016 at 2:54 PM

I have to dig through this thread and pull some information out of it, then I am going to let it die. It's been idle for quite some time, and I think after 41 pages, it's run its course.

See you fine people at HW. I am hanging out there and about to take the plunge and become a vendor over there.

EldritchCellar ( ) posted Wed, 24 February 2016 at 3:49 PM

Good luck Rokket! Drop me a howdy occassionally, I'll do likewise.

rokket ( ) posted Wed, 24 February 2016 at 8:16 PM

Get yourself on over there when you can. I will be coming in here less and less. I see the writing on the wall. It's all too clear.

The takeover of RDNA is just the beginning...

EldritchCellar ( ) posted Thu, 25 February 2016 at 9:17 AM ยท edited Thu, 25 February 2016 at 9:21 AM

You have a point. Their gallery TOS is little conservative for my tastes... but I'll start a gallery over there too. I'm gonna miss my DNA gallery.

I'm glad I'm not dependant on content. Just seems like a bunch of weirdos foaming at the mouth and playing tug of war with mcDolls if you ask me. Totally the trees, what's a forest? I am fond of Poser though. I like alot of other apps too. As long as there's an audience (no matter how small) for my Poser creations I'm happy. Money? I'll stick with the freebie scene for a couple years, build up my portfolio in that regard. Those are really my only plans, I think Poser will be around for a couple more years. All this... who knows. Lotta commecial nonsense if you ask me. Totally anathema to my training and thoughts on art. Seeya at HiveWire. I already have!

EldritchCellar ( ) posted Thu, 25 February 2016 at 3:24 PM

You might want to take a look at cgbytes.com... it's a new store and forum. Nicely put together. Alot of rdna heavies are signing up, BB, Snarly, Laurie, etc. I know you're pretty comfy over HiveWire but just figured I'd give you a heads up. I just totally deleted my DNA account. Doesn't make much sense, I'm already a Daz member and I don't go there much. I have a lot of hope for cgbytes. The place literally just opened its doors and it runs smoother than most longtime forums. I'm psyched.

rokket ( ) posted Thu, 25 February 2016 at 3:32 PM

I'll take a peek a little later on. It's Friday morning here and I have a long day ahead of me. Thanks for the heads up!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.