Sun, Jun 2, 7:57 AM CDT

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jun 02 7:04 am)

Subject: Question for the Render Guru's here

quietrob ( ) posted Wed, 12 August 2015 at 12:12 AM

You and I can put our heads together for that because I'm not talking about the standard well used villains. ย The truly great ones don't even have a costume. ย For them it's just a matter of finding a beard or sculpting a bald head. ย I'm speaking of new villians that haven't been thought of yet. ย I'll put my soapbox away and I'll email you some thoughts. ย After all, you like the heroes of today but aren't you more interested in Green Lightning? ย I am!

rokket ( ) posted Wed, 12 August 2015 at 12:47 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains profanity

Yeah. I still need that iconic villain for him. For his origin story it turns out to be his best friend. But I need my Joker, My Lex Luthor.

I need a villain who is cunning and cruel. One who is driven and a little on the bat shit crazy side.

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

EldritchCellar ( ) posted Thu, 13 August 2015 at 8:22 PM

Rokket, you're making freebies for marginalized figures. Don't sweat the numbers and just make what you want to make. Craftsmanship should be your only ego concern, if you and and others get some use and enjoyment out of it then I'd say you've succeeded. Sensibly otherwise wouldn't you be making stuff for the Daz figures?

W10 Pro, HP Envy X360 Laptop, Intel Core i7-10510U, NVIDIA GeForce MX250, Intel UHD, 16 GB DDR4-2400 SDRAM, 1 TB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD

Mudbox 2022, Adobe PS CC, Poser Pro 11.3, Blender 2.9, Wings3D 2.2.5

My Freestuff and Gallery at ShareCG

rokket ( ) posted Thu, 13 August 2015 at 11:05 PM

Rokket, you're making freebies for marginalized figures. Don't sweat the numbers and just make what you want to make. Craftsmanship should be your only ego concern, if you and and others get some use and enjoyment out of it then I'd say you've succeeded. Sensibly otherwise wouldn't you be making stuff for the Daz figures?

When you're right, your right. And you? You're always right! Sorry.. I was quoting from Space Balls... John Candy was great, God rest his soul.

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

quietrob ( ) posted Sat, 15 August 2015 at 6:16 AM

Yeah. I still need that iconic villain for him. For his origin story it turns out to be his best friend. But I need my Joker, My Lex Luthor.

I need a villain who is cunning and cruel. One who is driven and a little on the bat shit crazy side.

It is a used thread amongst heroes. ย Doctor Doom and Reed Richards comes to mind immediately. ย Both brilliant and one bat shit crazy. ย More likely however is that great good attracts great evil. ย It's like they almost need each other. ย Sometimes evil is just a point of view. ย Ask Jean Valjean. ย You have a story in your head. ย Rough it out and then do some casting for the part.

rokket ( ) posted Sat, 15 August 2015 at 7:57 AM

ย Yeah, I still have to find time. I have 2 projects going right now. Saturn Girl and Black Widow. I have 266 updates to put on my laptop because I got rid of Windows 10 only to return to a Windows 7 environment that was corrupted. So I had to do a factory reset. I am suspending my Asian girl indefinitely. I don't think I will ever finish that one. I am seeing a doctor because of an acute (nothing cute about it really) onset of eczema. And on top of that, my son has been caught doing something in school that now demands my attention. Of course it's Saturday here, so that one can wait.

And how was your month?ย 

rokket ( ) posted Sat, 15 August 2015 at 8:01 AM

ย There's always something on Pintrest that will cheer me up, no matter how crappy I am feeling... :D

file_bd4c9ab730f5513206b999ec0d90d1fb.jpย 

quietrob ( ) posted Sat, 15 August 2015 at 9:49 AM

ย Yeah, I still have to find time. I have 2 projects going right now. Saturn Girl and Black Widow. I have 266 updates to put on my laptop because I got rid of Windows 10 only to return to a Windows 7 environment that was corrupted. So I had to do a factory reset. I am suspending my Asian girl indefinitely. I don't think I will ever finish that one. I am seeing a doctor because of an acute (nothing cute about it really) onset of eczema. And on top of that, my son has been caught doing something in school that now demands my attention. Of course it's Saturday here, so that one can wait.

And how was your month?ย 

I'm always wary of a free stuff from Microsoft. ย Though everyone has said Windows 10 is all good, I am still wary and thus haven't upgraded from windows 7. ย My girl just got the update info and she is scared as well. ย The most she does is farmville 2 on facebook and pays some bills on her laptop. ย I am less trusting than she is. ย What happened that you returned to windows 7? ย (by the way, I'm making a restore point just in case.)

Get well soon. ย Gad you must be uncomfortable. ย I don't envy you. ย I do envy your knowledge. ย Of course, I respect EC's thoughts but marginalized or not, do what you wish to do because you wish to do it and you can. ย For your own reasons. ย I'm just thankful that you shared so much already.

My son. ย I still remember when he got sent home from school from punching out some bully. ย I gave no punishment despite his mom's wishes. ย Kids. You never what they'll come up with next. ย Isn't it wonderful that you and I were so perfectly behaved and never got into any trouble? ย I'm sure it will turn out okay.

My month isn't going slow enough. ย I need more time!!

rokket ( ) posted Sat, 15 August 2015 at 10:03 AM

ย If I was half as well behaved as my son I'd be a CEO or something other than a sailor and wannabe artist!

He's a good kid; just in the wrong place at the wrong time. He walked in when they were doing whatever the hell it was. I stillย don't have the whole story, but he got caught holding the bag when the principle came around the corner and caught them. The others ran like hell. He stayed there and turned himself in. Honest little guy. Wonder where the hellย he got that from? LOL!ย 

quietrob ( ) posted Sat, 15 August 2015 at 10:29 AM

Oh ya! ย I can imagine how it happened. ย I'm betting it went down just as he said. ย School people forget that they too were in the same positions and deal with leniency, better yet just a vote of trust and confidence. ย After all, they will be running the joint while you and I kick back with a cold one!

rokket ( ) posted Sat, 15 August 2015 at 10:33 AM

ย Yeah, I tend to trust my son. He's 8, but he doesn't lie; not even to get out of trouble. I still don't know where he got that from. I was a rotten kid.

rokket ( ) posted Sat, 15 August 2015 at 6:25 PM

ย NEVER try to work on a project at 2am. You see this suit? It doesn't exist anymore. I accidentally deleted it, and I stopped using the recycle bin back in Windows 98.

file_fa7cdfad1a5aaf8370ebeda47a1ff1c3.pnย 

rokket ( ) posted Sat, 15 August 2015 at 6:26 PM

ย It's easy enough to recreate. I still have the base mesh I used to create it. But the accident got me thinking I want to redesign this thing and make it more practical and speak toward the name and the powers.

rokket ( ) posted Sat, 15 August 2015 at 6:27 PM

ย The green will be a hint, maybe a specular color in a black ensemble. We shall see. No more cowls or all encompassing body suits either.

rokket ( ) posted Sun, 16 August 2015 at 6:51 AM

ย Something like this. It's a cross between a motocross jacket and something professional mountain bikers wear. It would be a modification, obviously. Like what Andrew Garfield's Peter Parker did with his suit. It's more realistic.

It won't be this jacket,ย however. This one is a throw away. I did it just to get the technique down. It's too poly heavy anyhow.ย 

file_06409663226af2f3114485aa4e0a23b4.pnย 

rokket ( ) posted Sun, 16 August 2015 at 6:54 AM

ย And this one is also too form fitting. I want something more loose. A real jacket, not a body suit.

rokket ( ) posted Mon, 17 August 2015 at 12:57 PM

ย Maybe I should have kept the first one... Oh well, I'll see what it looks like once I UV map it and apply some proper textures.

file_ec5decca5ed3d6b8079e2e7e7bacc9f2.pnย 

rokket ( ) posted Mon, 17 August 2015 at 12:58 PM

ย I didn't show this side last time.

file_cfecdb276f634854f3ef915e2e980c31.pnย 

rokket ( ) posted Mon, 17 August 2015 at 5:10 PM

This is more like it. This might actually work.2.png

rokket ( ) posted Mon, 17 August 2015 at 8:00 PM

fixed the forum until it was broke again I see. I was only seeing 4 pages of this thread.

quietrob ( ) posted Thu, 20 August 2015 at 5:10 AM

Pinging this thread since the change killed my subscription to it. I think. Anyway, the jacket is remarkable. There is simply not enough Male stuff on this site. That looks like some type of Flak Jacket.

rokket ( ) posted Thu, 20 August 2015 at 7:03 AM ยท edited Thu, 20 August 2015 at 7:04 AM

Yeah, Rob. It's actually a motocross jacket that I put my own spin on. This is actually what is worn underneath the jacket, but in this case it's the top. There will be pants also. Part of his new ensemble when I reworked his powers and abilities. I also want to model another motorcycle and it will be his toy (as well as the Lamborghini inspired "vehicle" Blaze referred to in the screenplay).
I am working on the car now. Motorcycle later. I am in my usual workflow in that I don't work on any one thing for very long. I usually have at least 4 projects open at once. As one gets near completion I concentrate on it. Or in the case of the MOS suit, since it was for a friend I stuck with it until it was finished. Twice.

rokket ( ) posted Mon, 24 August 2015 at 6:18 PM

Saturn Girl...
sG.png

Took the hair off so you could get a better look at the costume...

sG1.png

rokket ( ) posted Mon, 24 August 2015 at 6:20 PM

Right now it's dynamic, and I have to redo the boots because I messed something up in the process.

rokket ( ) posted Sat, 29 August 2015 at 8:52 AM

I am still trying to figure out how I managed to export V4's mesh and have some of it zeroed and some of it not. Screwed everything up that I had done. A lot of modeling gone to waste... grrrrrrrrrrr......
saturn girl.png

EldritchCellar ( ) posted Sat, 29 August 2015 at 2:38 PM

Free. Probably my favorite script.
Reset Values

W10 Pro, HP Envy X360 Laptop, Intel Core i7-10510U, NVIDIA GeForce MX250, Intel UHD, 16 GB DDR4-2400 SDRAM, 1 TB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD

EldritchCellar ( ) posted Sat, 29 August 2015 at 3:14 PM ยท edited Sat, 29 August 2015 at 3:17 PM

You realize that wings translates poser scale objects in cartesian space by tiny amounts when you import and export them right? I've found that scaling the model to 1000% in poser, exporting that result and working on a scaled up copy to eliminate the problem. On reimport scale down to 10 % for original scale or in the case of morph targets apply the scaled up object as a morph target to the original, create your morphs in wings on the scaled up version, apply that morph target as 1 and apply your scale morph at -1. Export and reimport that result as a morph target and set at value 0.100. Of course if you export this result the 0.100 value will become 1. as a final result. Sounds like a lot of work and a PITA but not as much as discovering the 20 morph targets you've created are trash because of unknown incremental translations. There's also some tricks to deal with wings unwelding groups on import and dealing with material zones being converted to groups on export.

rokket ( ) posted Sat, 29 August 2015 at 5:01 PM

Yeah, I realized all of that a long time ago and I have been dealing with it pretty successfully for the most part. This was something I did PRIOR to export. I don't know how I managed it. When you zero out V4, her feet point down, almost in a high heel pose. But somehow when I exported her, her feet were flat. I thought that maybe I exported her without zeroing her out, so I loaded her on the screen without zeroing her, brought the boots I made into the scene (they were rigged already), and when I went to conform them to her, the toes pointed up. It was the exact problem that guy who likes woman's feet and bugs was having with a pair of heels he was attempting to conform. I deleted the V4 mesh I was using and exported out a new one. I was just so mad that I haven't remodeled the boots yet. The rest of the costume seems to work ok.

EldritchCellar ( ) posted Sat, 29 August 2015 at 5:35 PM

Ah, ok. Funny you should mention that problem Dasilva was having. Those shoes come with poser for posette, I loaded them up, turned off IK, and conformed them and they worked fine for me. Well, maybe not the most precise conformers but... Mystery why he couldn't get them to work. Shrugs.

EldritchCellar ( ) posted Sat, 29 August 2015 at 5:42 PM

If you're working from a donor rig I hope it's one that has the IK chains stripped out... they're easy enough to cut from a .cr2 though. They're near the bottom. Forget if you can delete via the Hierarchy (like you can with morphs), don't have poser on right now... letting my machine cool. Lol.

EldritchCellar ( ) posted Sat, 29 August 2015 at 5:51 PM

Oh btw, save yourself headaches and create some V4 mannikins imported from geometries to work with. I have a bunch of different ones that I use, partial and full, some with groups, some without or custom groups, and one that has the default groups and materials stripped out and the group regions reassigned as materials on the welded .obj.

EldritchCellar ( ) posted Sat, 29 August 2015 at 5:57 PM

Ever get around to picking up Haru QuietRob?

rokket ( ) posted Sat, 29 August 2015 at 6:27 PM

Yeah, there are no IK chains in the rig, so I know that's not the problem. I couldn't figure it out so I deleted everything and started fresh. I will start the modeling on the boots in a few days. I decided to stop everything so I could decompress before I killed my dog for barking. I was getting upset at every little hiccup. That's usually a sign for me to put it away for awhile.

quietrob ( ) posted Mon, 31 August 2015 at 1:07 AM

EldritchCellar posted at 11:05PM Sun, 30 August 2015 - #4225310

Ever get around to picking up Haru QuietRob?

No, not yet. It's not much but at least my summer traveling up and down the state is ending. I can commit myself to getting those great figures that were sadly not supported well by the community with dollars. I just hope Chocolate007 didn't leave because of the ripoff sites that has caused too many great vendors headaches.

quietrob ( ) posted Mon, 31 August 2015 at 1:12 AM

rokket posted at 11:10PM Sun, 30 August 2015 - #4225213

I am still trying to figure out how I managed to export V4's mesh and have some of it zeroed and some of it not. Screwed everything up that I had done. A lot of modeling gone to waste... grrrrrrrrrrr......
saturn girl.png

I wondered what happened to her? I thought you were working more Blaze. Still, with so many irons in the fire, at least you aren't bored. I always used to Morph Magic to put Morphs into clothing so I was thinking it would be the easiest part of the process. After reading the above discussion, it seems I was wrong.

rokket ( ) posted Mon, 31 August 2015 at 4:02 AM

@quietrob:
No you were not wrong, it will be easy once I get it done. Getting the doll correct on export was my bust. I don't know what I did to gaff it, but it's correct now, so I will begin working on the boots in another day. I am still fumed about it, so if I start working and something goes awry, I will have a meltdown. I am not home now, I am in Japan waiting for my ship to get in port so I can go back to work. I will have been off for 45 days. I gained 20 pounds on mama's cooking.

rokket ( ) posted Tue, 01 September 2015 at 10:26 PM

I just downloaded the demo version of 3D Coat and I am going to play with it for a month and see if I can get something going with it. Then I am going to try to talk mama into letting me buy a license. I will see if I can get it for $99. I can't afford the $300 price tag.

quietrob ( ) posted Wed, 02 September 2015 at 1:48 PM

I didn't see how the demo performs. I tend to stay from demo's that won't you save the work or is crippled in it's offering. 3D coat says it's fully featured but I would like to know if you can save your during the demo. I did notice a 99 dollar version for academic and seniors. It does restrict the user to 2048 by 2048 in size (what textures? The model itself. I don't completely understand what they mean.) and seven layers. Your Saturn Girl seems simplistic regarding layers. How many layers would something like that take to make? Let me know how it works for you.

quietrob ( ) posted Wed, 02 September 2015 at 1:51 PM ยท edited Wed, 02 September 2015 at 1:53 PM

Okay, update. The textures is restricted to 2048 by 2048. A little smaller than I'm used to. I like to create big textures than reduce them in size. It seems to me to preserve detail. Exactly the opposite of making it small and then trying to enlarge it. How about the 7 layers? How does that work for you?

How can you put on weight eating raw fish, eel and ramen?

rokket ( ) posted Wed, 02 September 2015 at 1:54 PM

It's FULLY functional. There are no restrictions other than the time limit, which should be good enough for me to figure out how to use all of its functions.
Saturn Girl should only be one or two layers. When they say that, they are referring to UV mapping and painting the textures. I played with it for a little while yesterday, and I figured out a couple things using the Blaze bodysuit as a guinea pig. It does a really nice job as you can imagine, but I don't know enough about the UI right now to do a really good job of UV mapping. And I don't know how to paint in it yet.

rokket ( ) posted Wed, 02 September 2015 at 1:56 PM

quietrob posted at 11:55AM Wed, 02 September 2015 - #4226083

Okay, update. The textures is restricted to 2048 by 2048. A little smaller than I'm used to. I like to create big textures than reduce them in size. It seems to me to preserve detail. Exactly the opposite of making it small and then trying to enlarge it. How about the 7 layers? How does that work for you?

How can you put on weight eating raw fish, eel and ramen?

The ramen. If you eat the real thing like they make here in Japan, it's very fattening. The dried crap we get in the states is full of sodium.

rokket ( ) posted Wed, 02 September 2015 at 1:57 PM

Oh, and I prefer to work in 4096x4096. I don't reduce.

rokket ( ) posted Wed, 02 September 2015 at 2:00 PM

In keeping with my usual M.O., I am about to post a render here that I am really surprised at. I spent a lot of yesterday and most of this morning (I woke up at 2:30am, god bless my eczema) going over SM tutorials and learned a couple things in Poser 10 that I didn't know. So I am seeing how they work out. I am running a cloth simulation right now, so after I get that done and render the image, I'll post it and explain what I did...

rokket ( ) posted Wed, 02 September 2015 at 2:44 PM

ww.png

I used the toon shader on this image, not the toon render setting. A big difference. I have to play with the settings a bit more to get it to the quality that you have, but so far I am not disappointed in it. Has a lot of potential. I am going to do a one with the toon render setting and see if it might be too much.

rokket ( ) posted Wed, 02 September 2015 at 3:01 PM

ww2.png

Perfect.

rokket ( ) posted Wed, 02 September 2015 at 3:04 PM ยท edited Wed, 02 September 2015 at 3:09 PM

Rob, this costume won't be the PITA to rig that the others have been. If you want to use this WW for Sydney, let me know.

The hair is her conforming hair1, which loads blonde and is a short hairstyle. But, it has materials for black hair and morphs to make it longer.

If you want it, I can have it up in the freestuff in a day.

I will simplify the shader so that you can add the toon node to it.

rokket ( ) posted Wed, 02 September 2015 at 3:50 PM

ww3.png

rokket ( ) posted Wed, 02 September 2015 at 5:05 PM

Fully rigged. All I have to do now is clean up the cr2's and package this thing up. If you want it...

ww4.png

rokket ( ) posted Wed, 02 September 2015 at 5:06 PM

I need to figure out how to make her Lasso Of Truth. That's the only thing I am missing. I just want to make a prop to hang on her side, not something that can be posed. I don't know how to do it.

quietrob ( ) posted Thu, 03 September 2015 at 12:07 AM

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner! This looks darn good. As far as the lasso, I'm betting that won't to be too hard to find. A good function lasso will be easy to draw out anyway. Time to put our heads together and see what we've got. Your green lightning idea is good. Just remember why I don't post things in sequential order.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.