Fri, May 31, 10:50 PM CDT

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 May 31 7:45 pm)

Subject: any news from Nerd, what direction PP15?

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Fri, 12 June 2015 at 12:58 PM · edited Sat, 13 June 2015 at 5:09 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains profanity

NOOOOOOO

Razor, you are STILL doing it! read what you wrote!

thats poking the fire!!!!! just STOP. walk away Do NOT have the last word. let it go

BOTH FUCKING SIDES.

jura11 ( ) posted Fri, 12 June 2015 at 1:02 PM

Wow, another pointless exercise in futility. 

What's the direction for PP2015?

How about adding an instant DAZ Studio bash button.

Seems the main thing people bang on about around here.

Typical convo goes a little like.

"Do you think Smith Micro might be able to add 'X' to Poser as the current implementation is not very good?"

"You DAZ STUDIO Lover! What are you even doing here no one want to hear about your DAZ STUDIO obsession!"

"But I didn't even mention DS I was just saying that it would be good to see some improvement with 'X' in Poser..."

"No!!! You are wrong why do you need to always defend Daz Studio. I will not listen to anything you say, because YOU ARE DAZ STUDIO and therefore "A" the enemy and "B" always wrong!"

I mean it's so crazy that you even see two dedicated Poser users descend very quickly into an argument about DS, that's totally unrelated to their own actual comments or the even the threads subject. Disagree=Attack DS is pretty much the formula for threads here. The assumption that it's those DS users showing up causing issues here is pure fantasy. 

•••••••••

The DAZ drug dealer analogy is just bizarre too, lol, I mean really. Btw, Are you ready for Windows 10? I also don't really see how a company based on community inclusiveness for product content creation can be seen as a monopoly. Doesn't a monopolistic company usually do the opposite?

••••••••••••

How hard is it to keep a thread on topic and not talk to each other like complete crap for just voicing opinions that differ from your own...

Agree drug analogy is bizarre and wrong,but I'm standing what I've said about the OpenCL and other things I'm just fed up with people who trying to say,everything is great with DAZ and DAZ doesn't have any flaws,every SW have flaws that's how is build,I don't know any SW which has been flawless from start

As we are said,what we are want to add,I want better GPU scaling,instancing etc.,do we are tried say anything about the DS where is bad.we are said,IRAY is not good for us who owning AMD card,bloody hell,please read!

Did ever been free version of the Windows? I just don't think has been any version of Windows free,then I'm not sure what you mean,I don't be upgrading to W10,that's for sure,W7 is enough for me and if will be supported that's good for me,unless AMD and other companies will pull the plug,which I don't think this will happen right now,I don't play and due this I wouldn't benefiting from DirectX 12

And about the monopoly,monopoly can be seen from different sides,they act as monopoly is many ways as every company

As above I said,what I know and what I want from SM as starting place,better lights,supporting at least bloody Mesh lights,better multicore/multi threaded support in Viewport etc

Thanks,Jura

In short, I think you lost your argument when you decided not to go with actual facts to defend your position and instead went with bashing DS and accusing me of defending DAZ. I'm still waiting on iray add-on links and actual defending of your points. Arguing about future product features that will be better than current offerings of a different company is moot until they actually happen. You may end up spending additional money because that new feature may only work with certain hardware. You won't know until it releases. And as far as GPU rendering goes, there is a reason that most major renderers are Nvidia only. Adding OpenCL or mixing CPU and GPU means compatibility, but the performance will be less than pure GPU power Nvidia cards offer. So if you want faster renderers, you pick the appropriate hardware. OpenCL and AMD isn't the hardware of choice for that. And there is no monopoly. Period. There are other companies that provide content and figures. It's up to the customers who decide who they pay their money to because of the quality of their products, because their money is precious to them and they could care less about the political speculation some want to perpetuate in the forums.

Hi there As many people pointed out and I've posted results from IRAY: X5670 OC to 4.4Ghz 6 core/12 threads render took around 1 hour and 30mins,GPU 560Ti render took 39 mins,due this this render feature is for me useless and does have better results than Firefly,not much,but yes is better,but you will pay for that dearly...Is better than Reality,no way.

IRAY addon links do you want which ones,from DAZ vendors ?

Due this feature(CUDA) I've never went with Octane as I would need bigger VRAM for my scenes and card which will fit my bill has been only 6GB Titan that time and price has been around £1k and really I wouldn't never ever pay such money for GPU

Most of major renderers are OpenCL too,you have only few which are only CUDA only,but most of them converting to OpenCL,because using closed API is simply no point and this cost the company dearly,like Octane showed and Red Shift showed they will would want to support OCL in next releases and many companies said that same

Adding more features is not compatibility,but they listen what market wants  and not just go with something what is closed and you don't have any control on the SW supplied as is CUDA,with OCL you can tailor this to yours needs if you know how to do so

Please post the fact,same scene in OCL and CUDA and which one will be faster,I've seen few test between the OCL and CUDA on V-RAY RT where Titan has been marginally faster than R9 290(3-10s) or in Premiere where OCL(R9 290 against the CUDA 780Ti) has been faster than CUDA based 780Ti and there are few other examples,few years back i wouldn't go with AMD as that time OCL has been in beggining and hasn't been mature enough,but after I've learned programming bit with OCL,I do prefer work with OCL

In most of OCL apps old 7990/290 will spank new Titan X and this is truth and i would rather compare apples with apples(same system OCL with OCL and CUDA with CUDA) and not apples with oranges,both are fruits,but both are totally different 

And if I do offended you,please accept my apologies,sometimes I write faster than I'm thinking

Thanks,Jura

LaurieA ( ) posted Fri, 12 June 2015 at 1:05 PM

Funny, I had no problem with any of your statements Razor. You have an opinion - last time I checked you're free to have one of those ;). I'm just sick and tired of all the back and forth "my dick is bigger than yours" bullshit. I'm about to call rulers at 10 paces ;).

I don't have a problem with a person I know to use DS having a suggestion for Poser. I don't mind the opposite. Truth is a lot of people use BOTH. I just really hate the nastiness and bitterness that this place has become. Can't even have an intelligent convo anymore.

Laurie

Razor42 ( ) posted Fri, 12 June 2015 at 1:05 PM

Well reread it and mean every word of it....

im done, i dont care about the last word nor if the fire is poked. Its always poked here its just waiting for the next hapless victim to wander in to be mauled.

structure ( ) posted Fri, 12 June 2015 at 1:08 PM
Forum Coordinator

Not a fact, your opinion. A light weight format does not mean less capable.

Poser does not natively support it, at this time, which does not equal to Poser does not support it, by providing an API that allows a plug-in to support it (mostly). That does not preclude Poser from supporting it in the future, nor does it mean that many Poser Users do not want Poser to support it natively. 

ok, so what you are saying here is that poser supports DSON right? that it is just my opinion that it does not? ok.(I never said poser did not, i said SM do not)
A light weight format does not mean less capable. - by providing an API that allows a plug-in to support it (mostly) so it supports it MOSTLY but is not less capable? Since when is that not a contradiction?

I hope you were not claiming to be any kind of expert on the topic, because right there, you lost it.

You stated that it was a Fact that SM does not support DSON. That is not in any way a fact. You then went on to back up your "fact" with a series of obvious opinions. 

SM has only one software product line, out of many, which would have anything to do with DSON. Did you want to talk about StuffIt instead? If so, you are correct Stuffit does not support Content from Renderosity or DAZ 3D, whether it is a CR2 or DSON. 

"A light weight format does not mean less capable. - by providing an API that allows a plug-in to support it (mostly) so it supports it MOSTLY but is not less capable?"

Two different statements, not related. I should have been more clear. Poser does not natively support the DSON format at this time....  Is that clearer? 

You appear to be reading things and misunderstanding. Let me try again. I am saying that Poser's API supports the ability to build an importer to import the format (which is support of the format). There are some issues with it, mostly due to the nature of that API. Native Import should work significantly better because it doesn't have to go through the Python API.

lightweight version = not fully capable. period. Daz Dog LE - not full version, daz cat LE - not full version. (----->LIGHT EDITION<-----).
Razor I don't mind you talking about DSON, I don't mind you talking about DAZ, I DO (and I am not alone) mind it being rehashed in every single thread. It can be mentioned without taking over the thread can it not? Apparently not in this forum, or RDNA. All I ask is one thread in the poser forum which is not actually hijacked into an OMG DSON thread, do I ask too much?

Locked Out

LaurieA ( ) posted Fri, 12 June 2015 at 1:08 PM

FWIW, I was referring to both sides in my last post...not pointing fingers at any one side. Each is as bad as the other these days.

Laurie

pumeco ( ) posted Fri, 12 June 2015 at 1:12 PM · edited Fri, 12 June 2015 at 1:16 PM

file_42a0e188f5033bc65bf8d78622277c4e.jp

Yeah, listen Khai, stop swearing without using a language tag!!!
It's language like that which could give this place a bad reputation!!!

You should try to be adult and civilised!!!

Later,
Roxie - Girl With Blade

Male_M3dia ( ) posted Fri, 12 June 2015 at 1:26 PM

Wow, another pointless exercise in futility. 

What's the direction for PP2015?

How about adding an instant DAZ Studio bash button.

Seems the main thing people bang on about around here.

Typical convo goes a little like.

"Do you think Smith Micro might be able to add 'X' to Poser as the current implementation is not very good?"

"You DAZ STUDIO Lover! What are you even doing here no one want to hear about your DAZ STUDIO obsession!"

"But I didn't even mention DS I was just saying that it would be good to see some improvement with 'X' in Poser..."

"No!!! You are wrong why do you need to always defend Daz Studio. I will not listen to anything you say, because YOU ARE DAZ STUDIO and therefore "A" the enemy and "B" always wrong!"

I mean it's so crazy that you even see two dedicated Poser users descend very quickly into an argument about DS, that's totally unrelated to their own actual comments or the even the threads subject. Disagree=Attack DS is pretty much the formula for threads here. The assumption that it's those DS users showing up causing issues here is pure fantasy. 

•••••••••

The DAZ drug dealer analogy is just bizarre too, lol, I mean really. Btw, Are you ready for Windows 10? I also don't really see how a company based on community inclusiveness for product content creation can be seen as a monopoly. Doesn't a monopolistic company usually do the opposite?

••••••••••••

How hard is it to keep a thread on topic and not talk to each other like complete crap for just voicing opinions that differ from your own...

Agree drug analogy is bizarre and wrong,but I'm standing what I've said about the OpenCL and other things I'm just fed up with people who trying to say,everything is great with DAZ and DAZ doesn't have any flaws,every SW have flaws that's how is build,I don't know any SW which has been flawless from start

As we are said,what we are want to add,I want better GPU scaling,instancing etc.,do we are tried say anything about the DS where is bad.we are said,IRAY is not good for us who owning AMD card,bloody hell,please read!

Did ever been free version of the Windows? I just don't think has been any version of Windows free,then I'm not sure what you mean,I don't be upgrading to W10,that's for sure,W7 is enough for me and if will be supported that's good for me,unless AMD and other companies will pull the plug,which I don't think this will happen right now,I don't play and due this I wouldn't benefiting from DirectX 12

And about the monopoly,monopoly can be seen from different sides,they act as monopoly is many ways as every company

As above I said,what I know and what I want from SM as starting place,better lights,supporting at least bloody Mesh lights,better multicore/multi threaded support in Viewport etc

Thanks,Jura

In short, I think you lost your argument when you decided not to go with actual facts to defend your position and instead went with bashing DS and accusing me of defending DAZ. I'm still waiting on iray add-on links and actual defending of your points. Arguing about future product features that will be better than current offerings of a different company is moot until they actually happen. You may end up spending additional money because that new feature may only work with certain hardware. You won't know until it releases. And as far as GPU rendering goes, there is a reason that most major renderers are Nvidia only. Adding OpenCL or mixing CPU and GPU means compatibility, but the performance will be less than pure GPU power Nvidia cards offer. So if you want faster renderers, you pick the appropriate hardware. OpenCL and AMD isn't the hardware of choice for that. And there is no monopoly. Period. There are other companies that provide content and figures. It's up to the customers who decide who they pay their money to because of the quality of their products, because their money is precious to them and they could care less about the political speculation some want to perpetuate in the forums.

Hi there As many people pointed out and I've posted results from IRAY: X5670 OC to 4.4Ghz 6 core/12 threads render took around 1 hour and 30mins,GPU 560Ti render took 39 mins,due this this render feature is for me useless and does have better results than Firefly,not much,but yes is better,but you will pay for that dearly...Is better than Reality,no way.

IRAY addon links do you want which ones,from DAZ vendors ?

Due this feature(CUDA) I've never went with Octane as I would need bigger VRAM for my scenes and card which will fit my bill has been only 6GB Titan that time and price has been around £1k and really I wouldn't never ever pay such money for GPU

Most of major renderers are OpenCL too,you have only few which are only CUDA only,but most of them converting to OpenCL,because using closed API is simply no point and this cost the company dearly,like Octane showed and Red Shift showed they will would want to support OCL in next releases and many companies said that same

Adding more features is not compatibility,but they listen what market wants  and not just go with something what is closed and you don't have any control on the SW supplied as is CUDA,with OCL you can tailor this to yours needs if you know how to do so

Please post the fact,same scene in OCL and CUDA and which one will be faster,I've seen few test between the OCL and CUDA on V-RAY RT where Titan has been marginally faster than R9 290(3-10s) or in Premiere where OCL(R9 290 against the CUDA 780Ti) has been faster than CUDA based 780Ti and there are few other examples,few years back i wouldn't go with AMD as that time OCL has been in beggining and hasn't been mature enough,but after I've learned programming bit with OCL,I do prefer work with OCL

In most of OCL apps old 7990/290 will spank new Titan X and this is truth and i would rather compare apples with apples(same system OCL with OCL and CUDA with CUDA) and not apples with oranges,both are fruits,but both are totally different 

And if I do offended you,please accept my apologies,sometimes I write faster than I'm thinking

Thanks,Jura

Take a look at the link below as it will save me time typing the response... (and the forum eating up the post because I'm trying to paste in the link)

bhoins ( ) posted Fri, 12 June 2015 at 1:32 PM · edited Fri, 12 June 2015 at 1:33 PM

lightweight version = not fully capable. period. Daz Dog LE - not full version, daz cat LE - not full version. (----->LIGHT EDITION<-----).
Razor I don't mind you talking about DSON, I don't mind you talking about DAZ, I DO (and I am not alone) mind it being rehashed in every single thread. It can be mentioned without taking over the thread can it not? Apparently not in this forum, or RDNA. All I ask is one thread in the poser forum which is not actually hijacked into an OMG DSON thread, do I ask too much?

LE in your examples is spelled out as "Limited Edition" on those store pages where it is spelled out. (The Puppy LE is not spelled out.).  But less ask Roxie. Roxie compared to Jessie and G2 Jessie is a light weight figure. So Roxie is a less capable figure than those that came before her? 

vilters ( ) posted Fri, 12 June 2015 at 1:45 PM

Oh so sorry guys, I am in the wrong place.

I thought this was the Poser forum. So Sorry for interupting.

Carry on please.

Poser 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, P8 and PPro2010, P9 and PP2012, P10 and PP2014 Game Dev
"Do not drive faster then your angel can fly"!

structure ( ) posted Fri, 12 June 2015 at 1:50 PM · edited Fri, 12 June 2015 at 1:51 PM
Forum Coordinator

LE in your examples is spelled out as "Limited Edition" on those store pages where it is spelled out. (The Puppy LE is not spelled out.).  But less ask Roxie. Roxie compared to Jessie and G2 Jessie is a light weight figure. So Roxie is a less capable figure than those that came before her? 

does SM say Roxie is lightweight, or do you? Does DAZ say DSON is or do I?

what is the definition of lightweight? More to the point, if DSON is fully capable (as you are suggesting) in poser, why all the fuss for a native installer? Obviously we don't need one because the importer you have, works faultlessly.

And I shall leave you with that thought and bow out of this circular debate.

Have fun

Locked Out

bhoins ( ) posted Fri, 12 June 2015 at 1:55 PM

Oh so sorry guys, I am in the wrong place.

I thought this was the Poser forum. So Sorry for interupting.

Carry on please.

Waiting for your answer still.

bhoins ( ) posted Fri, 12 June 2015 at 1:59 PM

what is the definition of lightweight? More to the point, if DSON is fully capable (as you are suggesting) in poser, why all the fuss for a native installer? Obviously we don't need one because the importer you have, works faultlessly.

Have fun

Lighter? Roxie has less Poly's, the rigging requires less RAM. She is lighter.  And once again, you are making things up. It does not appear to be misunderstanding, but being intentionally argumentative. 

structure ( ) posted Fri, 12 June 2015 at 2:07 PM
Forum Coordinator

Have fun

Lighter? Roxie has less Poly's, the rigging requires less RAM. She is lighter.  And once again, you are making things up. It does not appear to be misunderstanding, but being intentionally argumentative. 

I made nothing up, I asked a question which you avoided. I showed you where DAZ said DSON was lightweight. Now, Show me where SM said the same thing about Roxie? You claimed that DSON is fully capable in poser.- (A light weight format does not mean less capable. ) Where did i make anything up?

And on that note. Welcome to ignore.

Locked Out

bhoins ( ) posted Fri, 12 June 2015 at 3:31 PM

I made nothing up, I asked a question which you avoided. I showed you where DAZ said DSON was lightweight. Now, Show me where SM said the same thing about Roxie? You claimed that DSON is fully capable in poser.- (A light weight format does not mean less capable. ) Where did i make anything up?

And on that note. Welcome to ignore.

You made up definitions of standard 3D and programming terms. You made up names of products, you made up your own definitions of sentences and attributed them to me. 

RHaseltine ( ) posted Fri, 12 June 2015 at 3:34 PM

As a point of information: as far as I know "lightweight format" refers to system requirements, or perhaps what it requires of a host, not features.

PI-SQRT ( ) posted Fri, 12 June 2015 at 3:41 PM

I purchased poser last year and it was my 1st introduction to the world of 3d. Since then I have also become acquainted to DS and blender (though not much with blender). Is it wrong if I ask native genesis support in poser as my wishlist ? Hopefully I wont get branded you know ;) 

Though better dynamics (especially dynamic hair) is my main wishlist along with simplification of UI. I am not asking GUI to be completely changed, like changing the UI element's position and all, but it definitely needs to be more efficient. And as for genesis, personally it doesn't effect me much as I mostly use DS, but yeah it would be nice to work with genesis in poser with its better dynamics. 

Supplying a good figure is a responsibility that SM has to take. Either support genesis natively (or improve DSON support), or supply your own figures which should be much better than your current offerings. But even then, the question arises, who will attract the vendors who provide support ? Its Smith Micro who has to address this issue before releasing its next version, because unless the next poser version comes up with some 2-3 unheard of excellent features, releasing next poser version with once again an inefficient figure system is probably going to be a disaster. 

bevans84 ( ) posted Fri, 12 June 2015 at 4:20 PM

What about those of us that just don't care? Jeez, it's like listening to drunks arguing in a bar. :)

primorge ( ) posted Fri, 12 June 2015 at 4:39 PM

Another feature request, Set Up room; Copy bones symmetry... I'm rigging something at the moment that has 123 bones, 61 symmetrical to a side. I'm near complete the right side, would be nice to be able to mirror those bones to the other side rather than having to physically draw another 61 out. Again, Carrara has this option for its native rigs. Poser isn't just about sexy quadrupeds. Using Poser 8, If this feature is available Poser 9 or later... nevermind. 

primorge ( ) posted Fri, 12 June 2015 at 4:43 PM · edited Fri, 12 June 2015 at 4:54 PM

(Crossing fingers that this feature exists somewhere and I'm just not aware of it).

Edit_ Even a select all/copy paste would be nice... then it would be just a matter of renaming the bones internally and symmetry/ copy joint zones.

primorge ( ) posted Fri, 12 June 2015 at 5:07 PM

Lol... sexy quadrupeds! I meant sexy bipeds. Lol, gonna get banned fer sure now.

primorge ( ) posted Fri, 12 June 2015 at 5:13 PM

file_37a749d808e46495a8da1e5352d03cae.jp

AmbientShade ( ) posted Sat, 13 June 2015 at 5:11 AM · edited Sat, 13 June 2015 at 5:14 AM

The arguing needs to stop, along with the constant DS banter.

This thread is supposed to be about Poser, not about DS.

Smith-Micro stated back in 2011 in a lengthy blog post, that native Genesis support was not going to happen. So unless they publicly announce something different, that is the way things are. Stop beating the drum about it. Use DSON or use DS if you want to use Genesis. Constant banter about it just causes arguments.

Get the thread back on topic.

hornet3d ( ) posted Sat, 13 June 2015 at 6:45 AM

l

Also Hornet it's not prediction to look at current trends, genesis was released almost 5 years ago. Why is it that 5 years on SM have not been able to add some coding to Poser to give better support to DSON? 

Oh humm, let me think.........They decided not to?

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.

pumeco ( ) posted Sat, 13 June 2015 at 7:02 AM

@Primorge
Sexy quarupeds, lol, I saw that comment just before I logged off last night, your comment reminded me or Roberto Benigni.
The poor guy has it real bad, but don't watch it unless you have a good sense of humour cause this is Indie filmmaking freedom at it's best ;-)

Skip to 10:00 and watch it from there, that's where the fun starts :-D

hornet3d ( ) posted Sat, 13 June 2015 at 7:16 AM

Funny, I had no problem with any of your statements Razor. You have an opinion - last time I checked you're free to have one of those ;). I'm just sick and tired of all the back and forth "my dick is bigger than yours" bullshit. I'm about to call rulers at 10 paces ;).

I don't have a problem with a person I know to use DS having a suggestion for Poser. I don't mind the opposite. Truth is a lot of people use BOTH. I just really hate the nastiness and bitterness that this place has become. Can't even have an intelligent convo anymore.

Laurie

I agree with every word in your response.  I would love to get back on track with this thread as there is so much I would like to see in any new Poser, like more realistic hair for example.  Trouble is, If Nerd had any sense he gave up reading the thread long ago, assuming he even started.  There are good suggestions from Poser users, Daz users and those that use both but they are so well hidden in all the fighting they are going to be hard to find.

Some of the suggestions are for new figures yet when I stated a thread on peoples views on Scarlet that went down hill rapidly leaving me to wonder why anyone would bother to create a new figure at all.

I am not against Daz, Daz users, DSON users and not against anyone posting in a Poser forum no matter what they use, they have a right to do so.  That said is it really not possible to have a Poser forum that does not return to the same argument that has been running for years that has many, on both sides, bored witless.  

Perhaps we should have a 'Flog the Dead Horse' thread so that those who want to argue can do so at their heart's content and let the rest of us get back to discussing how we can get the most out of out 3D software irrespective of who markets it. 

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.

primorge ( ) posted Sat, 13 June 2015 at 9:37 AM

Pumeco, seen it... :)

Going into protracted lurk mode for awhile, busy with projects. Back in a week or so. Seeya. 

LaurieA ( ) posted Sat, 13 June 2015 at 9:42 AM

I agree hornet3d. A "Chicken Coop" of sorts - like PoserPros used to have. Yeah, it got nasty, but all the nastiness stayed there and when it spilled over to the regular software forums, the mods just moved the crap there. Rendo used to have something like it in the Complaint and Debate forum, but they nixed it. Ever since, we've had shit in the other forums - especially since the Daz/Poser split. Having said all that, this place has such a nasty reputation everywhere else - especially lately that no one seems to give a shit what's said, who says it or how long it goes on - I don't think it can ever recover. I think it might be in the owners' best interest to just shut down the forums and leave it at that.

Laurie

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Sat, 13 June 2015 at 9:48 AM · edited Sat, 13 June 2015 at 9:49 AM

agreed. with the inaction thats going on. seriously? there are 4 users right of that every other board would have banned. not warned. not suspended, BANNED.

so the only conclusion is, the owners want the users driven off to have an excuse to close down the forums.

wolf359 ( ) posted Sat, 13 June 2015 at 10:31 AM

"Smith-Micro stated back in 2011 in a lengthy blog post, that native Genesis support was not going to happen. So unless they publicly announce something different, that is the way things are. Stop beating the drum about it. Use DSON or use DS if you want to use Genesis. Constant banter about it just causes arguments."

I would agree with is except that the SM's claim that they wont  "commit to supporting a figure they dont own">>(paraphrasing)<<.

Was later shown to be false bluster when they altered poser with an SR specificaly to get that awful DSON Kludge "functionality"

That was a Mistake IMHO.

It gave many poser users, who refuse to learn another program, false hope of  someday having full access to the incredible genesis technology without leaving  the comfort of the ONE program they are willing to use..poser.

But its  all water under the proverbial bridge now.

so back to the topic:

its likely that the next version of poser will have a completely new render engine optimized for stills.

My website

YouTube Channel

vilters ( ) posted Sat, 13 June 2015 at 11:25 AM

About a possible "next" Poser version?
There is no news out yet, so let's wait till Nerd3D has settled in and give him and the team some time to focus on the main improvements they gather all over the end user base.
Game Dev is still pretty new, and SR5.2 (for all versions of Poser10 to PP2014GD) is very stable.
Fingers crossed.

DeathMetalDesk ( ) posted Sat, 13 June 2015 at 11:28 AM

Khai, do you ever have any other posture than profanity laden righteous indignation? Just sayin'.

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Sat, 13 June 2015 at 12:04 PM

Khai, do you ever have any other posture than profanity laden righteous indignation? Just sayin'.

go away Primorge. I don't talk to alts of ppl I've blocked.

hornet3d ( ) posted Sat, 13 June 2015 at 12:19 PM

The only reason I stay here is the odd gem that pops up from time to time.  Like a recent thread that asked how to reverse a prop.  Not for the first time Bagginsbill had a answer that I would never of thought of.  It is little gems like this that makes the forums worthwhile but the cost you pay in hassle seems to be going up by the day.

primorge ( ) posted Sat, 13 June 2015 at 12:32 PM

Yeah, in the process of deactivating my accounts here. They sure don't make it easy though.

pumeco ( ) posted Sat, 13 June 2015 at 12:50 PM

@Khai
Don't tell my friends to go away, I happen to be rather fond of Primorge!

He brings to the table a kooky nature and some sick traditional art skills.
So what about you, Khai, what do you bring?

vilters ( ) posted Sat, 13 June 2015 at 1:38 PM

@ Pumeco
I also see the micmac.
But I do not have Zbrush.
Blender2.75RC1 is out, that and Poser is all I need.

@ Primorge
Good luck trying to escape from Renderosity.
Making a submarine fly is simpler and faster.

primorge ( ) posted Sat, 13 June 2015 at 2:01 PM

Ugh, this place makes me so sad. I get along with everybody in the RW, just can't seem to manage it here.

primorge ( ) posted Sat, 13 June 2015 at 2:06 PM

I've already sent the emails to admin, guess I'll be a verbally silent artist at DA and ShareCG.

KimberlyC ( ) posted Sat, 13 June 2015 at 2:45 PM

Hello all!

After being ask by a few members to show admin face, I am here. :)

I would like to remind you all that we do have the ignore button. If someone says things you do not like or you feel they purposely bait people , please press the ignore button. This option was requested by the Poser forum so that people do not have to see posts from people they do not like or know highjacks posts.

Please keep in mind, staff will not act on post that you simply do not like or if you don't like what the person wrote. We must follow the TOS. If a post/reply breaks the TOS, then staff may act on it. If not, please use the ignore button.

If you would like to talk about what I have said, please feel free to contact me. No need to make this thread more off topic than it already is.

:)

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Sat, 13 June 2015 at 2:49 PM

right so nothing is going to be done. got it.

the flame wars have Admin approval. Official.

creativeguy59 ( ) posted Sat, 13 June 2015 at 3:19 PM

Hello all!

After being ask by a few members to show admin face, I am here. :)

I would like to remind you all that we do have the ignore button. If someone says things you do not like or you feel they purposely bait people , please press the ignore button. This option was requested by the Poser forum so that people do not have to see posts from people they do not like or know highjacks posts.

Please keep in mind, staff will not act on post that you simply do not like or if you don't like what the person wrote. We must follow the TOS. If a post/reply breaks the TOS, then staff may act on it. If not, please use the ignore button.

If you would like to talk about what I have said, please feel free to contact me. No need to make this thread more off topic than it already is.

:) 

The ignore function is not a replacement for proper administratrorship of a forum. I have run communities and forums and it is a grueling task. I get that. I done that. I wasn't however afraid of banning folks when they went so far out of standards of behavior, professionalism, etc that they should have diapers put on them :) 

Tis all cool though, tis your forums to do with as you please... I rarely post here as honestly the content of these forums boils down to: "No I didn't." , "Yes you did.", "uh aaahhh can't make me..." translated as child drivel that I don't even allow my own kid to do uncorrected.

These forums could be used to build a community, personally I think it is just used by many for some psychological need to lash out at folks and not get a yellow or red card, certainly think folks wouldn't act this way in RL with the person in front of them. What these forums are though is a place to wage war about who has the better software, or figure, or gummy bears, etc... They could be helpful but hardly can find a sane fact a lot of times for how to do something without a peanut gallery of contrariness. 

Yes that is what these forums could be, a place where folks agree to disagree, disagree politely with points rather than emotional outbursts, help folks with software they've chosen to grow and learn... to extend all our of understandings of cool features in any software... and have a community. These are not those forums and honestly I don't think they can be when the solution is to use an "ignore" button rather than just administrating. 

Nuttin personal against admin, forum admin, etc... my 2.5 cents for what it is worth ... folks here have chosen the path of doing nothing... that is thier right ... I do understand that forums are like herding cats... but they are also like a garden... you need to pull some weeds to make it grow... that being said I do need to go and make sure the tomatoes evade the ebil invasion of the weed monsters ... ;) Don't bother replying or nuttin cause I won't really read the forums anymore ... even if prompted by folks. Cause it is null content, useless, and pulling weeds in my garden is far more interesting and stimulating.

pumeco ( ) posted Sat, 13 June 2015 at 4:11 PM

@Vilters
I don't know what micmac means, but thanks for the heads-up :-)

I haven't downloaded the latest RC yet due to being choked for space, but I might try tomorrow.
BTW, did you see the quality of the hair in the new Blender film promo?

Easy the best hair I've ever seen, looks absolutely incredible, I'm so glad I've committed myself to learning Blender (it was a no-brainer to be honest).
You should YouTube "Blender PolyStrips" as well, best retopology tool I've ever seen, even blows ZBrush out of the water!

pumeco ( ) posted Sat, 13 June 2015 at 4:13 PM

@Primorge
I really wouldn't let Khai count as not getting along with people, I don't think he counts :-P

AmbientShade ( ) posted Sat, 13 June 2015 at 6:29 PM · edited Sun, 14 June 2015 at 6:08 AM

The people complaining about people arguing are the same people engaged in the arguing.

As Kimberly stated, if you don't like someone's opinion, then use your ignore feature - a feature that many of you requested, but for some reason now choose not to use it. Or just simply ignore their post. Continuing to engage with someone whose opinion you don't agree with, just perpetuates the arguing that you yourself are complaining about.

DreaminGirl ( ) posted Sat, 13 June 2015 at 11:37 PM

So trolling and baiting is now officially approved by the admins. Gotcha. I am out of these forums for good.

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Sun, 14 June 2015 at 3:37 AM

The people complaining about people arguing are the same people engaged in the arguing.

As Kimberly stated, if you don't like someone's opinion, then use your ignore feature - a feature that many of you requested, but for some reason now choose not to use it. Or just simply ignore their post. Continuing to engage with someone whose opinion you don't agree with, just perpetuates the arguing that you yourself is complaining about.

so complaints are now not wanted and we should all shut up. got it. the TOS is worthless and can be broken at will by the protected trolls and those of us that want the fighting to stop should now leave. got it. out of here.

AmbientShade ( ) posted Sun, 14 June 2015 at 6:03 AM

Having a difference of opinion is not a violation of the ToS.

If you see an example of a ToS violation that we've missed then PM me or a member of admin about it and we'll look into it. I've read through this entire thread and all I see is people arguing over a difference of opinion, and some correcting others on false statements about certain features. Granted, I could have missed something.

piersyf ( ) posted Sun, 14 June 2015 at 6:27 AM

To respond to the heading of this thread, no we haven't heard from Nerd3D about the direction of Poser... future comments from me about desired functions I'll post to that thread.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.