Wed, May 1, 1:58 AM CDT

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Apr 29 12:23 pm)

Subject: RPF TOS in regard to posted imagery?

AmbientShade ( ) posted Wed, 27 May 2015 at 12:22 PM

@Doric: Kai is right. There is no need for personal attacks. You can make your point without resorting to name-calling. I've already had to get on a few people over the weekend about that.

PrecisionXXX ( ) posted Wed, 27 May 2015 at 12:27 PM

Khai, I think it's pretty well understood that the Brits can make some perfectly good products, as well as anyone else can.  What I'm doing is commonly called, over here, "Pounding sand", as in, "Go pound sand in your A**".  Brit instruments aren't well known here, price may have something to do with it, as well as having learned to trust certain domestic brands.  I use Starrett instruments exclusively if I have to hold any accuracy, but it's a trust thing. I've learned I can trust them if they're halfway properly maintained. 

I found an ego laying beside the road and I'm giving it what it needs.  No offense to the intelligent Brits meant.

Doric

The "I" in Doric is Silent.

PrecisionXXX ( ) posted Wed, 27 May 2015 at 12:30 PM

@Doric: Kai is right. There is no need for personal attacks. You can make your point without resorting to name-calling. I've already had to get on a few people over the weekend about that.

Point taken.  Maybe time this thread is locked anyhow?  Pommy isn't making any more sense now than when it began.  I'm not even trying to.
Doric.

AmbientShade ( ) posted Wed, 27 May 2015 at 12:34 PM

Stop attacking the brits and their tech. Besides, I quite like the Reliant Robin - it's given me many hours of gut-busting humor watching it take turns like a champ.

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Wed, 27 May 2015 at 12:39 PM · edited Wed, 27 May 2015 at 12:40 PM

so the mod joins in. nope not funny after watching this and other threads get trolled to pieces.

complaint going in. 

PrecisionXXX ( ) posted Wed, 27 May 2015 at 12:43 PM

Stop attacking the brits and their tech. Besides, I quite like the Reliant Robin - it's given me many hours of gut-busting humor watching it take turns like a champ.

Jeremy Clarkson? Doric.

AmbientShade ( ) posted Wed, 27 May 2015 at 12:50 PM · edited Wed, 27 May 2015 at 12:51 PM

Not joining in Khai. I actually do like the car. I want one for myself at some point just to have. Only I don't think they're legal to drive here so will have to play with it on my own property.

@Doric: I think so yes.

PrecisionXXX ( ) posted Wed, 27 May 2015 at 12:50 PM · edited Wed, 27 May 2015 at 12:51 PM

so the mod joins in. nope not funny after watching this and other threads get trolled to pieces.

complaint going in. 

Here's what I think Shane is referring to.  Please note where it originated. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQh56geU0X8Doric

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Wed, 27 May 2015 at 12:52 PM

complaints been made. this thread and others have been unmoderated for days. I see ppl breaking the TOS yet no action is taken.

end of matter.

PrecisionXXX ( ) posted Wed, 27 May 2015 at 12:54 PM

Not joining in Khai. I actually do like the car. I want one for myself at some point just to have. Only I don't think they're legal to drive here so will have to play with it on my own property.

@Doric: I think so yes.

In my state it would be legal if licensed as a motorcycle and would require a motorcycle license to drive it.  Don't know about other states. Doric.

AmbientShade ( ) posted Wed, 27 May 2015 at 12:58 PM · edited Wed, 27 May 2015 at 1:01 PM

3-wheel atv's are illegal on public roads here. Too many fatalities. So I think the Robin would fall into that category here. And those are the ones that have the driver centered over the axle.

@Khai: I don't catch everything, but I'm not the only mod here. If no one makes a complaint to me I might not see it. I can't spend all day every day reading every post in every thread. The TOS violations that I've caught have been dealt with. And a lot of things people think are TOS violations actually aren't.

I'd do more about the trolls if I were allowed to but I'm not. That's why you all have ignore buttons.

PrecisionXXX ( ) posted Wed, 27 May 2015 at 1:03 PM

3-wheel atv's are illegal on public roads here. Too many fatalities. So I think the Robin would fall into that category here. And those are the ones that have the driver centered over the axle.

Three wheeled Harley's? We have a lot of them here.  ATV's of any kind, 3 or 4 wheel aren't legal on our streets at any time.  The Robin would have to meet all other highway requirements, which I can't say it would or wouldn't. 

Doric.

AmbientShade ( ) posted Wed, 27 May 2015 at 1:18 PM

Hmm, good point about the harley, tho I haven't seen any around here. Highway requirements vary from state to state. Some states require trailers to be licensed and tagged while others don't, for example. Still, even if it was legal here, I don't think I'd take the chance. Best left to being somethin to mess with in an open field or lot off the main roads.

PrecisionXXX ( ) posted Wed, 27 May 2015 at 2:08 PM

Hmm, good point about the harley, tho I haven't seen any around here. Highway requirements vary from state to state. Some states require trailers to be licensed and tagged while others don't, for example. Still, even if it was legal here, I don't think I'd take the chance. Best left to being somethin to mess with in an open field or lot off the main roads.

Total agreement here. Doric.

pumeco ( ) posted Wed, 27 May 2015 at 2:54 PM · edited Sat, 22 August 2015 at 12:57 PM

file_4c5bde74a8f110656874902f07378009.JP

That's me (from two years back), and I have a tiny Indie camera, do I look like a dictator?

The Law of Automation is staying put, and for those that don't approve, you have the freedom to leave England and become a citizen of a country owned by Apple, Google, and Microsoft - if that's the sort of economy you think is a healthy one.  I don't, and I prefer real whips to virtual ones!

Swwwwwwwwwwipe! - eheheheheheheheheh!

Game content developers would be permitted to sell content for games online providing the transaction also includes a physical copy of the product and the download is merely for convenience.  As long as what is being sold involves a physical copy of the product too, that's fine, because it ensures that nothing got manufactured without contributing to the economy.  I really don't know what's so hard to grasp about this concept.  The concept ensures that systems such as Apple has cannot starve the economy in any way.

I assume that answers Male_M3dia's question as well, it's exactly the same, seriously, it's that simple!

Anyway, Shane, regards the Robin, kinda cool to hear you have a fondness (or at least a curiosity) for the Robin.  The Robin has a cult following now, and it thoroughly derves to have one.  It's basically a metal spaceframe covered with a one-piece GRP bodyshell.  It makes them light and economical.  But having three wheels means that they're classed as a motorcycle over here, not a car (which is beneficial in more ways than one).  I've not bothered to look into USA laws, but there should be no reason for a Robin to be illegal in the USA, not in any state, not unless that state forbids three-wheeled motorcycles.  The Robin isn't any form of ATV, so your government couldn't possibly class it as one.

BTW, that video Doric linked to has been edited and a lot of the funny stuff removed - weird.

Anyway, you might not be aware of this, but the latest Robins were manufactured after a comeback.  An ex-Jaguar dude decided to put his own money into saving the factory during the neverending recession.  You'd be amazed at how tight things got, and here's the story of how it survived, they really worked their balls off to save it.

And if that's not enough, as we're talking about quirky British inventions, you might like to know that the Robin was not the only one, cause there's also the Sinclair C5 that was produced by Sir Clive Sinclair, an inventor.  It's a three wheeler, but it runs on batteries and is only a one seater.  Again, it's basically a metal spaceframe covered in a plastic body.  Here's two videos, the first one is the original commercial for it.  The second one is of two enthusiasts showing how they work and how easy they are to fix.  Today, they have meet-ups for them, they actually go out in convoys on the road, cause again, just as with the Robin, the C5 is a cult icon now.  Anyway, I hope you watch the second one all the way through because they eventually both go out for a drive in them, show what fun they are ;-)

And guess who designed the aerodynamic bodywork for the C5? ... Lotus!

Anyway peeps, I hope I've explained my take on the economy, cause like it or not, that's the way it's staying, call it British determination.  I hope RorrKonn appreciates meeting his personal online ScareCrow, and that Primorge has the itch to stand in front of my camera in a future Indie production :-D

PrecisionXXX ( ) posted Wed, 27 May 2015 at 6:09 PM

"Anyway peeps, I hope I've explained my take on the economy, cause like it or not, that's the way it's staying, call it British determination. "

Your take, and I assume it's not shared by anyone with the ability to think. The Robin, one MIGHT be able to have it licensed as a motorcycle in the US, but in most states, a car it isn't.  Best chance, if emission testing is required, you're not going to get it licensed as either.

Doric.

Boni ( ) posted Wed, 27 May 2015 at 6:24 PM

We all have different views ... perspectives on politics, social behavior.  Cultural morals and mores.  We are dangerously close to being rude and attacking each other.  which as you know IS against the TOS.  The images are rated as the mods see according to the TOS, we do discuss this.  Please keep in mind that even though there is advisories, there are people of many different beliefs and it is only courteous to respect that ... our TOS is an attempt to compromise ... and keep in mind it's not just because there are minors that visit this site, it is a commercial site and there needs to be a professional appearance here.  We are not just the censor-police, there are rules.  I hope I haven't offended anyone, but please.  Is your freedom to post nudes in questionable poses that important?  There are sites you can do that in.  As for the off-topic areas.  Respect each other please or we will need to lock this thread.  I've avoided mentioning that up to now.

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

pumeco ( ) posted Wed, 27 May 2015 at 7:08 PM · edited Wed, 27 May 2015 at 7:11 PM

Doric Wrote:
"Your take, and I assume it's not shared by anyone with the ability to think."
You assume right, there's not many can think out of the box, most can only think how they've been told to think, like you for example.

Doric Wrote:
"The Robin, one MIGHT be able to have it licensed as a motorcycle in the US, but in most states, a car it isn't."
Learn to read, I already said it's classed as a motorcycle, not a car.

Doric Wrote:
"Best chance, if emission testing is required, you're not going to get it licensed as either."
Not much freedom there then, and just so you know, pumeco is laughing AT you, not with you.

@Boni
I do wish there was something could be done about uneducated people's mouths, the place would be a lot more pleasant without them.  I don't mind discussing stuff, but the education system has something to answer for when it results in someone like Doric.  The complete lack of ability to conduct oneself properly and reply in a civil tongue without suggestion, is a problem.

Please, shut the clown up, he's really getting on my nerves.

AmbientShade ( ) posted Wed, 27 May 2015 at 7:19 PM

You're the one calling everybody sheep and idiots who don't agree with you Pumeco. I suggest you learn to use your ignore button.

pumeco ( ) posted Wed, 27 May 2015 at 7:24 PM

That's because those people are sheep and idiots, and I shouldn't have to use an ignore button to avoid them.
Why should educated people be inconvenienced because of idiots?

The solution is surely an education system that actually teaches people stuff, not an ignore button.

AmbientShade ( ) posted Wed, 27 May 2015 at 7:32 PM

That's your opinion. People have a right to disagree with you. If you don't like their opinions, stop derailing threads to make them your own soap box and put people on ignore when you don't want to hear their responses.

The fact is none of this has anything to do with the Poser forum or the topic of this thread. If you want to argue about your pet issues take it to site mail.

pumeco ( ) posted Wed, 27 May 2015 at 7:33 PM

But you seemed happy to discuss as well, didn't you?

AmbientShade ( ) posted Wed, 27 May 2015 at 7:43 PM

Periodically. Some of it is interesting but it's still off topic and people are complaining, so let's keep things on topic.

pumeco ( ) posted Wed, 27 May 2015 at 7:46 PM

Ok then, let's hope Doric doesn't say something to anger me.

Razor42 ( ) posted Wed, 27 May 2015 at 7:49 PM

If Pumeco put everyone on ignore that disagreed or annoyed him the forums would be a very empty place for him.

But most evil dictators lead a life of misunderstanding and loneliness.

pumeco ( ) posted Wed, 27 May 2015 at 7:51 PM

Maybe I like the loneliness ;-)

Razor42 ( ) posted Wed, 27 May 2015 at 8:07 PM

Is that because you are a black sheep?

pumeco ( ) posted Wed, 27 May 2015 at 8:17 PM

I rather like the definition of "Black Sheep" on the Wikipedia
It certainly beats Apple-White Sheep.

Razor42 ( ) posted Wed, 27 May 2015 at 8:23 PM

Thats the association I was using the term in. One day I just hope all of us white and black sheep can live together in harmony.

The effects of living with the http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mabinogion_sheep_problem is hurting us all. 

AmbientShade ( ) posted Thu, 28 May 2015 at 9:21 AM

Stop antagonizing each other and keep the thread on topic or don't post.

pumeco ( ) posted Thu, 28 May 2015 at 9:28 AM · edited Thu, 28 May 2015 at 9:30 AM

I was genuinely looking forward to what you thought about the quirky little Sinclair C5 etc.
I honestly thought you would have liked the stuff I posted, due to your interest in the Robin.

Anyway, fair enough, back on topic.

pumeco ( ) posted Wed, 03 June 2015 at 3:02 PM · edited Wed, 03 June 2015 at 3:07 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains profanity

Sorry for the OT, but as there was discussion here, I just wanted to point this out which I just read:
CLICK HERE

Like I said, it was only a matter of time before all this shit starts.  But saying that, I'm not mocking this time, I'm being serious, cause the outcome of this is going to be worth watching.  I'm hoping that Apple might have some muscle, enough muscle to put a spanner in the works for that cunt who is supposedly 'running' the UK, for the privacy invasion and rights infringement of the Brit's he has planned.

If Apple manage to put a spanner in the works for him due to their power and influence, I'll buy a shiny new iPad.

pumeco ( ) posted Thu, 04 June 2015 at 3:10 AM · edited Thu, 04 June 2015 at 3:12 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains profanity

Oh, it's gone quiet ... nobody spot the sarcasm? ... I think I'll give the iPad a miss then :-D

Here's another fuck-up the wiser of us saw coming:
CLICK HERE

So let that be a lesson to you, never argue with pumeco - cause he's always right - and basically, just incredibly awsome.  Citizens really should stop using clouds and commercial OS's if they know what's good for them, and switch to a publicly audited Linux-based OS instead.  And guess what, that's my last word on the subject, so you can sigh with relief.  I feel I've done my part now, so won't be wasting any more of my time trying to make others see sense (it's never appreciated anyway, though that's not why I did it).  If Cook's sudden interest in security isn't hilarious enough to be condescending and insulting to people's intelligence, nothing will help those people.  There really is no point in trying to make people see sense anymore when it has gotten to this stage, even a child could figure it out.

So yeah, the time is upon us where the shit is about to hit the fan (I give it five years max).

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.