Sat, Jun 1, 1:36 PM CDT

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jun 01 3:00 am)

Subject: Suggestions for tutorial on Poser dependent parameters

Allstereo ( ) posted Sun, 22 March 2015 at 7:34 AM · edited Thu, 23 May 2024 at 2:40 PM

Hello all,

I am working on Part 2 of my tutorial on Poser Dependent Parameters. I try to cover many aspects of this feature of Poser with concrete examples and problems that I found in this Forum. I would like to have suggestions from users. Here are some subjects that I will explain.

General:

Influence of Master and Slave parameter settings

Cumulative effect of Master and Slave values

Master hidden effect and the dynamic lock of Slave

Processing of Master keys

Spline interpolation, corrective key points and sharp transition

The zero and default position of actor

Master control of inactivated and locked parameters

Cascading control and recursion of effect

Universal parameter control versus Master control

Hierarchy of actors and Master-Slave relationships

Loss of relationships on saving files (Master-Slave between actors)

Table representation of Master-Slave relationships with the Key operator

Examples:

Setting of wheels and gears

Simulation of Inverse Kinematic

Rocking chair animation

Change in location of rotation axis by animatable origin and by rotation-translation setting

Hip bending control

Creation of path (Linear, circular, parabolic, sinusoidal)

Orientation of actor along path

Synchronous and sequential deformations of multi-parts actor (Easy Pose introduction)

Propagating deformation (wave, etc)

Reading of parameter settings

Shader control

Visibility of actor

Dependent Parameter and 3D modelling

Dependent Parameter and animation

Up to now, many creators are collaborating with me to provide figures and props to work with. I expect to deliver the tutorial in about two months because it is quite extensive (between 50 to 100 pages) with a large number of figures and tables.

Thank to all

Allstereo

aRtBee ( ) posted Sun, 22 March 2015 at 2:10 PM

would be very welcome, this area is a sort of black hole to me.

at the risk of seriously offending you: is Part 1 out already and where can I find it  (I mean: I must have missed something quite valuable, sorry for that)

- - - - - 

Usually I'm wrong. But to be effective and efficient, I don't need to be correct or accurate.

visit www.aRtBeeWeb.nl (works) or Missing Manuals (tutorials & reviews) - both need an update though

primorge ( ) posted Sun, 22 March 2015 at 2:54 PM · edited Sun, 22 March 2015 at 2:55 PM
aRtBee ( ) posted Sun, 22 March 2015 at 3:28 PM

thanks a lot. Indeed, I missed something quite valuable.

- - - - - 

Usually I'm wrong. But to be effective and efficient, I don't need to be correct or accurate.

visit www.aRtBeeWeb.nl (works) or Missing Manuals (tutorials & reviews) - both need an update though

kljpmsd ( ) posted Sun, 22 March 2015 at 3:34 PM

I love your tutorials Denis and am eagerly awaiting this next one.  Following the math is a good exercise for me.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.