Mon, Jun 3, 6:25 AM CDT

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jun 03 5:40 am)

Subject: Is it possible to do an JCM with two joints?

will2power ( ) posted Sat, 24 May 2014 at 5:23 PM · edited Sun, 02 June 2024 at 6:09 AM

Is it possible to set up a joint controlled morph based on two joints? What I am thinking of is when you bend the foot and the toe bends in the oppsite angle when you're using IK. I'd like to be able to control how the shoe bends when doing that kind of motion. 

Most of the stuff I've seen on JCM has to do with one joint. Does anyone know of any information on this?

AmbientShade ( ) posted Sat, 24 May 2014 at 6:18 PM

Yes it's possible. How well it will work with IK on is the question. I've never thought to try it myself to be honest. IK in Poser is a bit wacky to begin with, so who knows. But making the toes bend when the foot bends is definitely no problem on its own. 

~Shane

DarkEdge ( ) posted Sat, 24 May 2014 at 9:17 PM

Regardless of IK you could setup Dependent Parameters of the Foot that affects the Toe...this should work. DP's is a very powerful little tool! 😄

Comitted to excellence through art.

tchadensis ( ) posted Sun, 25 May 2014 at 5:54 AM · edited Sun, 25 May 2014 at 5:55 AM

Here's a tutorial on dependant parameters that finally helped me get my head around the concept...

http://poserfreestuff.zenryokuhp.com/detail/aglwb3Nlcml0ZW1yEgsSCUZyZWVTdHVmZhjUt70DDA.html?ln=en

The author is presently writing the next tut in the series and will post it upon completion.  This is the kind of stuff that should really be in the official manual.  

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.