Sat, Jun 1, 3:38 PM CDT

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jun 01 3:00 am)

Subject: So, miki4.

vilters ( ) posted Wed, 14 November 2012 at 6:58 AM · edited Wed, 14 November 2012 at 6:59 AM

1; Too many
2; All quads
3; Yes "T" pose (as it should be)
4; Wireframe?  :-) look at any mosquito net. It's close :-)

It is a great object file.

But the rig is way too complicated to be of some use for the average content creator leaving only dynamic clothing as an option.
That is why she has close to no support.
Only some dynamic dresses can be found.

Poser 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, P8 and PPro2010, P9 and PP2012, P10 and PP2014 Game Dev
"Do not drive faster then your angel can fly"!

RorrKonn ( ) posted Wed, 14 November 2012 at 7:10 AM · edited Wed, 14 November 2012 at 7:13 AM

Quote - 1; Too many
2; All quads
3; Yes "T" pose (as it should be)
4; Wireframe?  :-) look at any mosquito net. It's close :-)

It is a great object file.

But the rig is way too complicated to be of some use for the average content creator leaving only dynamic clothing as an option.
That is why she has close to no support.
Only some dynamic dresses can be found.

Don't understand how you make a rig to complicated ?

All the humman rigs I've seen for all the app's from Max to LW look about the same.

except zBrush has Transpose.

They all still look like Possetta's but now they have weights.

Miki don't have weight map possetta rigs ?

============================================================ 

The Artist that will fight for decades to conquer their media.
Even if you never know their name ,your know their Art.
Dark Sphere Mage Vengeance

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Wed, 14 November 2012 at 7:27 AM · edited Wed, 14 November 2012 at 7:28 AM

Don't see a problem rigging.

Just did a test with the top obj I did yesterday.

Ran it through AGE, then used the Miki4 Dev rig.

Worked with no problem when conforming.

All the best.

LROG

Who honors those we love for the very life we live?, Who sends monsters to kill us?, and at the same time sings that we will never die., Who teaches us whats real?, and how to laugh at lies?, Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?, Who chains us?, and Who holds the key that can set us free... It's You!, You have all the weapons you need., Now Fight!

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Wed, 14 November 2012 at 7:30 AM

Hmmm, all those dials in Miki 4's head and body.

Not enough characters?

Spin the dials. Easy enough to make new characters.

All the best.

LROG

Who honors those we love for the very life we live?, Who sends monsters to kill us?, and at the same time sings that we will never die., Who teaches us whats real?, and how to laugh at lies?, Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?, Who chains us?, and Who holds the key that can set us free... It's You!, You have all the weapons you need., Now Fight!

Teyon ( ) posted Wed, 14 November 2012 at 7:30 AM

Miki 4 and Miki 3 have the same poly count: 67362 Quad Polys.  Which is about average for Poser.

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Wed, 14 November 2012 at 7:33 AM

Dynamic clothing is easy to do.

Just get a quick suitdress for the character you want to work with.

Cut up the mesh.

Save the OBJ.

Run through UVMapper classic if you are unsure of doing a UV. Save the OBJ again after doing so.

Import OBJ into Poser.

Load figure.

Go to cloth room and do the sim.

Dynamic clothing can be made in miutes for Poser.

All the best.

LROG

estherau ( ) posted Wed, 14 November 2012 at 8:02 AM

Yep - I used to do dial spinning to make my characters, but I like seeing all the new nice V4 characters with their textures in the MP and every now and then I buy one.  However the range for miki4 is very limited.

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

-Timberwolf- ( ) posted Wed, 14 November 2012 at 9:49 AM

Maybe you'll like that Bodymorph ;-) http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/details.php?item_id=69657

NanetteTredoux ( ) posted Wed, 14 November 2012 at 12:29 PM

There are 14 characters for Miki 3/4 at RuntimeDNA. I only found 4 at Renderosity. Several more at Content Paradise, at least 12 (although the search says there is more). Quality is uneven but there are at least a few good ones.

Poser 11 Pro, Windows 10

Auxiliary Apps: Blender 2.79, Vue Complete 2016, Genetica 4 Pro, Gliftex 11 Pro, CorelDraw Suite X6, Comic Life 2, Project Dogwaffle Howler 8, Stitch Witch

monkeycloud ( ) posted Wed, 14 November 2012 at 1:11 PM

I got A_'s skin merchant resource for Miki 3. Looks pretty good quality... and fits Miki4 pretty well as far as I can see so far.

However freebies aren't allowed with it... so if I manage to make any characters using it, I guess I'll somehow need to make them good enough to sell ;-)

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Wed, 14 November 2012 at 1:14 PM · edited Wed, 14 November 2012 at 1:17 PM

That's why I don't buy items with a non freebie clause.

If I alter the texture enough that the original texture cannot be extracted, then I don't see why I can't do freebies.

All the best.

LROG

estherau ( ) posted Wed, 14 November 2012 at 6:09 PM

timberwolf I couldn't see that body morph promo when I clicked on the link, and I note it is not for commercial. I never download any not for commercial and that way I can't have any accidents when I make my renders.

Love esther

monkeycloud ( ) posted Thu, 15 November 2012 at 6:06 AM

It'd be good if Saint-Fox and Digital-Lion make a Miki4 specific Skin Merchant Resource next.

They just released one for My Michelle...

monkeycloud ( ) posted Thu, 15 November 2012 at 6:11 AM

Anyone happen to know if Syyd's Face Off morphs for Miki3 will work with Miki4... on the basis these are just head morphs?

http://www.runtimedna.com/FACE-OFF-Miki-3.html

Janl ( ) posted Thu, 15 November 2012 at 8:44 AM

Quote - It'd be good if Saint-Fox and Digital-Lion make a Miki4 specific Skin Merchant Resource next.

They just released one for My Michelle...

AFAIK, the uv mapping hasn't changed between Miki 3 and 4 so the Miki 3 merchant resources should work fine. Miki 4 has an eyelash prop but it is also possible to turn on the eyelashes on Miki 4 and use them instead.

monkeycloud ( ) posted Thu, 15 November 2012 at 9:16 AM · edited Thu, 15 November 2012 at 9:17 AM

Teyon said previously there were a couple of subtle differences, that would merit skin textures tailored specifically for Miki4.

But how noticeable those will be in general I don't know. I think one of them was around the belly button area.

But also, I am thinking more just in terms of any newly produced resources being better targeted towards the requirements of Poser 9 / Pro 2012... being more SSS / IDL ready etc... which obviously Miki4 is specifically optimised for.

Not that, I guess... I would hope, there'd be anything like burnt in specular highlights, in the diffuse maps, of a Skin Merchant resource... so that doesn't necessarily follow.

I don't think Saint-Fox / Digital Lion have done a Miki3 Living Doll MR though either? ...so my open request to them still stands, for a Miki4 one... in case that isn't already in the works.

They must have the raw materials from the production of their lovely looking Youkiko character, I'd have thought? ;-) 

Teyon ( ) posted Thu, 15 November 2012 at 9:46 AM

For the most part, you'll be able to get away with using Textures for Miki 3 on Miki 4. The differences in Miki 4 and Miki 3 are not uv based but more so, how the shape flows in the morph. Miki 4's brow is different from Miki 3's in shape and so you may find that large eyebrows are now thin and that sort of thing. That said, 9 times out of 10, you won't have an issue with textures.

As for morphs for Miki 3. The poly count isn't changed, just the grouping, so in theory, you should be fine.

Janl ( ) posted Thu, 15 November 2012 at 10:08 AM

Quote - For the most part, you'll be able to get away with using Textures for Miki 3 on Miki 4. The differences in Miki 4 and Miki 3 are not uv based but more so, how the shape flows in the morph. Miki 4's brow is different from Miki 3's in shape and so you may find that large eyebrows are now thin and that sort of thing. That said, 9 times out of 10, you won't have an issue with textures.

As for morphs for Miki 3. The poly count isn't changed, just the grouping, so in theory, you should be fine.

Thank you for the clarification. :)

bwldrd ( ) posted Fri, 16 November 2012 at 4:23 AM

Quote - Anyone happen to know if Syyd's Face Off morphs for Miki3 will work with Miki4... on the basis these are just head morphs?

http://www.runtimedna.com/FACE-OFF-Miki-3.html

I purchased the Miki 3 Plus from CP to use with Miki4, the head morphs all seem to work well, the body morphs not so much.  Their seems to be problems with the thighs and arms with the FBM.  These were FBM-PMD injections though, so just plain dial in character morphs may work ( Don't own Miki3, so no idea).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Consider me insane if you wish, but is your reality any better?

moriador ( ) posted Fri, 16 November 2012 at 7:04 AM · edited Fri, 16 November 2012 at 7:08 AM

I don't really understand what the prejudice is against people who need or prefer to spend their time rendering, as opposed to creating content.

Renders = money

Content = no money and lots of complaining about how things aren't selling

I know people don't like to think about "hobbyists" making money from 2d renders, but they can and do. I'm one of them. It's a far, far better use of my time to buy content and render than to fiddle around making yet another dynamic dress when what I actually need (more complicated than a simple dress) would take me a couple of years to make.

We all enjoy doing different things. And this site wouldn't exist if a whole lot of people didn't prefer to buy content and spend their time rendering. We're not some sort of inferior subspecies, ya know. ;)

ETA: As for support for Poser figures...

Blackhearted's duo will probably do well for some time. SM isn't likely to improve on them, unless they're lucky enough to get him to work on the next set as well.

Miki? Dunno. I haven't even installed her yet. I see no need. In this, I agree with Vilters completely.

PoserPro 2014, PS CS5.5 Ext, Nikon D300. Win 8, i7-4770 @ 3.4 GHz, AMD Radeon 8570, 12 GB RAM.

estherau ( ) posted Fri, 16 November 2012 at 7:06 AM

yep- that's the way I see it. Not that i have made much money from my renders. I just want to finish my graphic novel one day.

Glitterati3D ( ) posted Fri, 16 November 2012 at 7:19 AM

Quote - I don't really understand what the prejudice is against people who need or prefer to spend their time rendering, as opposed to creating content.

Renders = money

I know people don't like to think about "hobbyists" making money from 2d renders, but they can and do. I'm one of them. It's a far, far better use of my time to buy content and render than to fiddle around making yet another dynamic dress when what I actually need (more complicated than a simple dress) would take me a couple of years to make.

We all enjoy doing different things. And this site wouldn't exist if a whole lot of people didn't prefer to buy content and spend their time rendering. We're not some sort of inferior subspecies, ya know. ;)

Blackhearted's duo will probably do well for some time. SM isn't likely to improve on them, unless they're lucky enough to get him to work on the next set as well.

Miki? Dunno. I haven't even installed her yet. I see no need. In this, I agree with Vilters completely.

AMEN!  Well said.

This place is at a point where it's getting schizo - one day there's a thread about how we're all "conforming, following the rules" and the next day there's a thread about how everyone needs to "conform and follow the rules."

I say there's no rule - let every artists do THEIR art and you do yours and we'll all go along our merry way.

Janl ( ) posted Fri, 16 November 2012 at 7:49 AM

Quote - I say there's no rule - let every artists do THEIR art and you do yours and we'll all go along our merry way.

Yep, everyone comes at this from a different aspect. Some want/need to render, some to create content. Some have time to do both. There is no character or way of working that fits all. I say go with whatever rocks your boat. :)

RorrKonn ( ) posted Fri, 16 November 2012 at 8:02 AM · edited Fri, 16 November 2012 at 8:05 AM

Quote -I don't really understand what the prejudice is against people who need or prefer to spend their time rendering, as opposed to creating content.

Renders = money

But ,But I only have 3285 dynamic dresses for my poser girls.I swear that's just not enough.I really need at least 365 more.;)

I've never seen a post from venders that put out high quality ,original merchandise like stonemason or aerysoul etc etc complaining there going broke.
If you have bad sells ,maybe you should look at your meshes & ask your self why.

If I sold a mesh I would want all million+ of every one to make a lot of $$$ selling renders of my meshes .then they would have the $$$ to buy my next mesh & since I made them some $$$ off my previous mesh ,maybe they would buy my next mesh.

I would attempt to make something original.
You can even make armor & a castle original with some imagination.

============================================================ 

The Artist that will fight for decades to conquer their media.
Even if you never know their name ,your know their Art.
Dark Sphere Mage Vengeance

JohnDoe641 ( ) posted Sun, 16 December 2012 at 1:12 PM

Quote - I don't really understand what the prejudice is against people who need or prefer to spend their time rendering, as opposed to creating content.

Renders = money

This is me, completely. I pose and render, that's the extent of my Poser usage. I don't know how to make content and it's not something that interests me because I'm here for the 'art' not content creation.

Unfortunately that makes me dependant on content creators and hoping that I'll come across the thing I'm looking for. I usually find the stuff I need but there's quite a few things that I haven't been able to find yet.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.