Sat, Jun 1, 3:28 PM CDT

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jun 01 3:00 am)

Subject: So, miki4.

JohnDoe641 ( ) posted Mon, 12 November 2012 at 7:42 PM · edited Sun, 12 May 2024 at 1:34 AM

Does anyone remember her? :(

Maybe I'm just bad at searching but I've found almost nothing for her and it's a shame because she is a great figure but I'm very limited in what I can do because of lack of content. Where's the content hiding?

infinity10 ( ) posted Mon, 12 November 2012 at 7:59 PM

She can take all of Miki3 character textures and shaders. So that solves one problem for me, personally.  The other issue of clothes, well, I used wardrobe wizard to covert a warehouse-ful amount of clothes for the virtual damsel.

Eternal Hobbyist

PrecisionXXX ( ) posted Tue, 13 November 2012 at 12:27 AM

CP has some, PoserWorld has a few items.  I get the horrible feeling she's going to be ignored by the creators simply because she's not one of the "V" things.  I agree, she's a great figure.

D.

The "I" in Doric is Silent.

estherau ( ) posted Tue, 13 November 2012 at 2:14 AM

I too am disappointed by the lack of content. eg characters.

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

mylemonblue ( ) posted Tue, 13 November 2012 at 3:49 AM

I wonder how many are asking merhcants for Miki 4 stuff.

My brain is just a toy box filled with weird things

vilters ( ) posted Tue, 13 November 2012 at 4:55 AM · edited Tue, 13 November 2012 at 4:58 AM

The problem is volume of sales.......

Second problem is popularity of the figure.......

Third problem is Miki4' rig is too complicated to build for.......

4th problem is the HUGE support for the competition ( V4 ).

5th problem was / is :
BUT? This is the same for ANY new figure ! ! ! !
The creator HAS to CREATE the NEED for his/her figure.
Only he/she can do that.

If the creator moves on?
=> Sorry but the figure is dead at birth.

Or??
Any new figure has to bring something NEW.
=> I do not remember how many times I wrote this.

And??
Any new figure has to come out with hundreds of support items AT FIGURE RELEASE date.

Otherwise, content creators will continue to build for the figure that brings them their income.

SOLUTIONS !!!

Build a user friendly figure.
Build a content creators friendly figure.
Build a figure that brings something NEW.
Beta test the hell out of it.
Give content creators time to build content BEFORE RELEASE.

Do not release before you have sufficient content ready.
If you can not get sufficuent content during beta testing?
Move on.
You are on the wrong track.

Poser 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, P8 and PPro2010, P9 and PP2012, P10 and PP2014 Game Dev
"Do not drive faster then your angel can fly"!

Anthanasius ( ) posted Tue, 13 November 2012 at 5:38 AM

Third problem is Miki4' rig is too complicated to build for.......

Dynamic ;)

Génération mobiles Le Forum / Le Site

Glitterati3D ( ) posted Tue, 13 November 2012 at 6:55 AM · edited Tue, 13 November 2012 at 6:56 AM

file_488505.jpg

I'm working on a conforming dress, but between buying a house, plus the holidays, I'm not promising anything soon.

Just a note, Miki 4 is no harder to rig clothes for than any weight mapped figure.

vilters ( ) posted Tue, 13 November 2012 at 6:56 AM

Yep, I agree, dynamic is the only way out.
Most of what is being released is dynamic.

You get that when you make the rig too complicated with a zillion JCM's, hidden bones, and all other hidden garbadge.

All JCM's and hidden things should have been removed before going the WMap direction.

You know you are in object and or rigging trouble from the very first moment you need that very first JCM.

It is better to adapt the object file and the basic rigging.
Since WMapping, I have never needed a JCM any more.

vilters ( ) posted Tue, 13 November 2012 at 6:57 AM

Hey, a nice dress Glitter. Good Job.
Asian too, in Style :-)

Glitterati3D ( ) posted Tue, 13 November 2012 at 7:00 AM

Quote - Hey, a nice dress Glitter. Good Job.
Asian too, in Style :-)

Thanks, vitters.  Can't take credit for those textures, though.  They are Parrotdolphin's new Oriental Materials.  http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/pd-oriental-poser-materials/95717

The materials inspired the style.

Zev0 ( ) posted Tue, 13 November 2012 at 7:05 AM · edited Tue, 13 November 2012 at 7:15 AM

Any non Daz figure is a dead figure. That is the reality. Nobody can support and market a figure like they can to guarentee a hint of success on a large scale. SM had an opportunity here, but same old same old. Didn't really expect any different regardless how great the figure was. Also these figures are only for Poser9 and up. Majority of the Poser users are still on older versions. So the market for these figures are even smaller.

Most vendors wont risk it knowing only a small profit can be made.

My Renderosity Store

Janl ( ) posted Tue, 13 November 2012 at 7:09 AM · edited Tue, 13 November 2012 at 7:12 AM

Attached Link: Autumn Dress For Miki 4

> Quote - She can take all of Miki3 character textures and shaders. So that solves one problem for me, personally.

Yep, she can take all of Miki 3's character textures. I am loving Virtual World's one which is sold at Rendo. RDNA also has clothing for her.

I also created a free dynamic dress which with a bit of clever texturing and transmaps could be quite versatile: Autumn Dress For Miki 4

nobodyinparticular ( ) posted Tue, 13 November 2012 at 7:10 AM

I am quite sure the V4 producers are feeling the effects of the economy. It might behoove them to at least try one item for Miki, Tyler, Anastasia. Might generate a few extra bucks, which can't hurt. One can only find out by trying. But, I'm probably just talking to the wall. Nice looking outfit, Glitterati3D. Looking forward to it. Good luck on the house.

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Tue, 13 November 2012 at 7:12 AM

So much easier to complain about things not being there for this or that character, instead of getting down to the hard stuff and learning to do it for yourself.

Then you can create content for whichever character you want.

When I make something these days it is as a freebie, so I don't have any problems with how many of my items are downloaded.

Most of the time I'm making things for myself first, and then allowing others to share that item that I create.

I'm under no pressure to work on this or that as it it is the latest thing in the market.

Most of the things I have learned to do is via John's Digital Tailor tutorials and now I'm starting to learn more about ZBrush.

Am I prepared to learn things to help myself and not rely on others. You bet I am, as it's fun to do as well.

All the best.

LROG

Who honors those we love for the very life we live?, Who sends monsters to kill us?, and at the same time sings that we will never die., Who teaches us whats real?, and how to laugh at lies?, Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?, Who chains us?, and Who holds the key that can set us free... It's You!, You have all the weapons you need., Now Fight!

Zev0 ( ) posted Tue, 13 November 2012 at 7:23 AM

This is a hobby platform, most users just want to render and make pics. Only some who want to learn will do so, for the rest this is just recrational.

My Renderosity Store

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Tue, 13 November 2012 at 7:28 AM · edited Tue, 13 November 2012 at 7:29 AM

And that's the main thing.

I can say, that this or that is not there and wait for someone else to make something similar to what I require or get on with it and make it exactly the way I want it.

Those that want the easy way out out and want to wait and wait and wait for others to make their itens may never get that item.

I'm a hobbyust. I make no money out of things I produce now as I give them away for free.

There are lots and lots of tutorials, free and paid for that can be used with free base software, Blender, Wings etc.

In fact I started out using Wings, now I use SIlo as it gives e the reaults I require.

All the best.

LROG

Who honors those we love for the very life we live?, Who sends monsters to kill us?, and at the same time sings that we will never die., Who teaches us whats real?, and how to laugh at lies?, Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?, Who chains us?, and Who holds the key that can set us free... It's You!, You have all the weapons you need., Now Fight!

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Tue, 13 November 2012 at 7:38 AM

file_488507.jpg

This is the basic low res dress mesh from John's Starter Digital Tailor pack that I adapted to use on Miki 4.

Didn't take long to adapt and now I have a basic set up to make lots of items from this mesh.

I can make lots of different tops on their own, skits etc.

As I said, learn to make things and you will have fun and save yourself a lot of money with the things you make.

All I need do with this version is make the mesh denser with a few subdivisions and I can have a dynamic dress available to work in a few minutes.

All the best.

LROG

vilters ( ) posted Tue, 13 November 2012 at 7:39 AM

Zevo ? That is the main problem.

Most users just want to play and render. And they use what figure???? The one that has the most support items.

To put things in perspective.

I use NO "V", not a single one. => Yes, I DO use them from time to time to test something. But it ends there.

I work with figures that have NO support items at all. So I have to make EVERYTHING my self.

I LOVE the Miki4 object file. And I use it a LOT as body reference. It is a GREAT object file.

@ Paganeagle
That is how I work as well.
As I have to build everything myself, all the time I learn lots and lots of things.
That is WAY more fun and gives a lot more satisfaction.

But? There is no need to put my stuff up as freebies because NOBODY else works with the PoserPro Lo Res figures.

ha-ha-ha-, they are my personal figures. My private figures. Thank you SM, thank you Darrel. I can never thank you enough.

Morphed? At only 8.300 poly's each, they are Wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better then anything else out there. (Sorry, not enough "y" 's in here.)
They render fast as hell, and consume memory by the miligrams.

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Tue, 13 November 2012 at 7:41 AM · edited Tue, 13 November 2012 at 7:41 AM

file_488508.jpg

Need a shorter version, easy enough to do, just do a few quick mesh cuts.

All the best.

LROG

vilters ( ) posted Tue, 13 November 2012 at 7:44 AM

ha-ha-ha- Paganeagle we x-posted.

We DO work in the same way.

I also make a "master" outfit first.

And then it is just a matter of "adapting" to get something new out of the same "master".

And from there, I often go conforming, or Smart Propped.
About half my clothing is Smart Propped with inherit bends ON.

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Tue, 13 November 2012 at 7:52 AM

Hi vitlers, no prbs with the lores models. The probelm comes with those that always want the latest characters.

If people are happy making things for the characters that they work most with, great.

No one should be made to think that just because the don't have the newest things that they are behind the times etc.

If people want to work with Miki 2 or V3 etc. All the better.

Some people lose the concept of this hobby is to have fun with what you have.

We all have tons of stuff that we hardly use, that's because we all want the newest things.

So, whoever is reading this thread. Be happy with whatever you use, in whatever software program you use and have lots of fun learning new things.

To those that want things that are not currently available, have a go at learning to make things. Is it hard? Yes, it can be to start with, but learn to do simple things to start with and your confidence will grown. That's how I started off. Lots of my early stuff was absolute rubbish, but I did learn from what I did. SOmetimes it was, not to do dthat again!!! Lol. Then all of a sudden things started to work for me andso I continued.

To those that want people to make things, then ask, there are some very talanted people out there that may be able to help you get that item you need by creating it.

Just take on this very simple concept.

Learn one new thing a day. Yep, just one and your knowledge will soon grow.

All the best.

LROG

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Tue, 13 November 2012 at 7:58 AM

Agree, adapt and make do. I love it when people come out with starter suits and dress for people like me to play with. Saves so much time.

But......

If they don't then out comes Silo and I have a go myself.

I have to admit I'm one of those that always posts, when a new character appears, please, please put a DEV rig with it.

How are content makers expected to develop thigns without that DEV rig.

Most of the time I end up making my own unnofical ones, but I would prefer an official one.

Now, BVH did it with Cynthia 1.2. After bringing out the figure, a DEV set came out, with mesh, UV and rig. Perfect for me to start playing with.

So, again, new figure makers make a DEV rig, a starter suit and dress mesh and put them in the character pack to start with. THEN, you will get support for your figure.

All the best.

LROG

Janl ( ) posted Tue, 13 November 2012 at 8:05 AM

file_488509.jpg

I have to agree that a lot of fun can be had from creating yourself.

Here is another dress I am working on.

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Tue, 13 November 2012 at 8:11 AM

I like the nice floating sleeve style!!

All the best.

LROG

vilters ( ) posted Tue, 13 November 2012 at 8:32 AM

Beautifull Janl.

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Tue, 13 November 2012 at 8:44 AM

file_488510.jpg

A simple lores comabt top I did in about 5 minutes.

Colours show MAT zone areas.

I could easily make this a dynamic item by saving as an obj file, import into Poser etc.

No conforming required etc.

All the best.

LROG

Janl ( ) posted Tue, 13 November 2012 at 8:47 AM

Thank you, Paganeagle and Vilters.

Glitterati3D ( ) posted Tue, 13 November 2012 at 8:50 AM

Quote - I have to agree that a lot of fun can be had from creating yourself.

Here is another dress I am working on.

Beautiful, Janl!

Glitterati3D ( ) posted Tue, 13 November 2012 at 8:52 AM

Quote - I am quite sure the V4 producers are feeling the effects of the economy. It might behoove them to at least try one item for Miki, Tyler, Anastasia. Might generate a few extra bucks, which can't hurt. One can only find out by trying. But, I'm probably just talking to the wall. Nice looking outfit, Glitterati3D. Looking forward to it. Good luck on the house.

Thank you, nobodyinparticular!  Our current close date is December 17, so we will celebrate Christmas there!  Of course, the tree and decorations might still be in boxes, but we'll be in our new home. 

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Tue, 13 November 2012 at 8:59 AM

file_488511.jpg

Top in Poser, showing mat zones.

All the best.

LROG

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Tue, 13 November 2012 at 9:07 AM

file_488512.jpg

Looked a bit too clean for a comabt top, so dirty it up with some materials.

Instant Sci Fi top.

All the best.

LROG

vilters ( ) posted Tue, 13 November 2012 at 9:20 AM

@ Paganeagle, export as obj file.
Import in Poser.
In the parameters palette : Set parent.
Select the chest and check inherit bends ON. => :-)))
Done. :-) 

It will inherit all bends, twists, side-sides, AND all scalings, from the chest, one group up and one group down.
Neck, both collars and abdomen. :-)

How do you think I "quick dress" all my figures... :-)

Save as Smart Prop in the Props library. :-)

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Tue, 13 November 2012 at 9:37 AM · edited Tue, 13 November 2012 at 9:38 AM

file_488513.jpg

Thanks for the info!!!!

See folks, people are willing to help you with things. Passing on info to make things easier.

Have a go for yourselves.

Don't try and do something complicated, try simple things to start with. A pair of shorts. A little top etc. NEVER try to do a complicated sci fi space suit with boots, helmet etc. for your first go. All that will happen is that you will get frustrated and give up.

Do something simple and you will complete it and so your confidence grows. Then you go on to make something a little more complicated etc. This way you build up your knowledge base.

Plus DON'T be scared of making mistakes, hell, we all make those and again, you learn from the process.

Ask questions and people WILL help. That's what I found out and I still ask questions when I can't figure something out.

Here is the top in camo option,

All the best.

LROG

vilters ( ) posted Tue, 13 November 2012 at 9:38 AM · edited Tue, 13 November 2012 at 9:48 AM

All tops, shorts, miniskirts, shoes, boots, socks, everything that spans no more then 3 groups can be made to fit and move this way.
No need to rig whatsoever.

Now you have a top for Miki4 right?

Now you want that same top on Alyson, Or V4, Or?Or?Or?

Ha-haaaaaa-
here is the trick.

Know that all female figures are quite the same.

Load your figure in Poser. Never mind what figure, just any figure will do... :-)

Load you Cloth prop you made for Miki4.
Grrrr, it will not fit. :-)

NOW follow these steps.

Make a ten frame cloth sim. (Just delete frame 20 to 30)

Goto frame 10 and set a keyframe AT THE NEUTRAL POSE OF THE FIGURE........
(IK removed, and all joints at zero.) Check Body and Hip at X,Y,Z 0.000.
Atframe 10, the figure MUST be at its absolute ZERO.

IK Removed, Joints at ZERO, and all Scalings at 100%, and body and hip at X,Y,Z 0.000

Go back to frame 1.
Select your figure's body.
Set X= 80 and set Z at 50 scale.

Now select your top.
Scale it DOWN in X, Y, AND Z, to closely fit but NOT intersect your figure.

Run a cloth sim with default settings.
Let the top collide with your figure at Collition offset and dept around 0.5

By frame 10, your figure will have grown back into its original size and by doing so pushed the clothing object into a perfect fit around itself.

File export wavefront object.
Save your cloth object where you can find it back.

Delete all.

load your figure.
load you saved cloth object.
It will load in perfect position and size.

Goto parameters palette
Set parent => Chest in your case.
And check inherit bends ON.
Done.
You can now save as a smart propped clothing in your props library.

It will follow all bends, twists, side-sides and scalings af all underlying groups.
Chest (its parent, neck, both collars and abdomen.

ONLY  limitation is that it ONLY spans one group UP and ONE group down from its parent

One size fits all, but you will have to run a cloth sim for each figure.

yes, some figures will do better then others, but you can morph the clothing to correct..

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Tue, 13 November 2012 at 9:48 AM

Thanks again!!!!

Look folks, people are giving away things that have taken them ages to find out etc.

I remember years ago it was a lot harder to do things as the knowledge wasn't out there.

Now, things that used to take hours to figure out are explained in a way that you can learn it in a lot less time!!!

Have a go, even if it is just a little mini skirt. What have you got to loose? Just a bit of time.

All the best.

LROG

EClark1894 ( ) posted Tue, 13 November 2012 at 11:28 AM

file_488519.png

I'm working on some things for Miki4 now.![](http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/art/emoticons/biggrin.gif)

My bigesst problem is texturing. I suck at texturing.

toastie ( ) posted Tue, 13 November 2012 at 11:29 AM

Quote - Any non Daz figure is a dead figure. That is the reality. Nobody can support and market a figure like they can to guarentee a hint of success on a large scale. SM had an opportunity here, but same old same old. Didn't really expect any different regardless how great the figure was. Also these figures are only for Poser9 and up. Majority of the Poser users are still on older versions. So the market for these figures are even smaller.

Most vendors wont risk it knowing only a small profit can be made.

Yup. It's a great shame SM didn't get plenty of supporting clothing, characters etc. together ready to launch with the new figures. I know there were a few things, but that's just not enough when there's so much competition in the form of the Daz figures. They would have to create the desire for people to own the new figures by supplying lots of "must have" goodies at the same time. Otherwise... what's the point? I've got Miki4 and I've got Tyler. Am I going to bother using them? Probably not much. It's a pity about Tyler 'coz he's got lots of potential but it's not really worth my time converting or making clothing for him when I can just use the stuff I already have for M3 and M4 without all the extra time and effort.

EClark1894 ( ) posted Tue, 13 November 2012 at 11:35 AM

Well, Tyler's not really a lost cause for me since I am learning how to model the clothes I need myself. I'll probably give most of them out as freebies until I figure I can sell some of them. And they all be SM figures. I know a niche market when I see one.

Glitterati3D ( ) posted Tue, 13 November 2012 at 11:43 AM

Quote - Well, Tyler's not really a lost cause for me since I am learning how to model the clothes I need myself. I'll probably give most of them out as freebies until I figure I can sell some of them. And they all be SM figures. I know a niche market when I see one.

Smart lady!

I agree.  There's a niche market developing for these wonderful characters!  I think the only reason we're still seeing V4 domination is that they've been in development.  Once artists start working on these characters, we'll start to see some really nice stuff hit the market.

EClark1894 ( ) posted Tue, 13 November 2012 at 12:05 PM · edited Tue, 13 November 2012 at 12:05 PM

I look at it this way. You have a market all to yourself and you make all the money.  Heck even the real world has niche markets in clothing and those people are killing.

NanetteTredoux ( ) posted Tue, 13 November 2012 at 12:18 PM

I haven't got round to making much for Miki 4,  but I have quite a lot of clothes and textures I can use with her. If I need to make something quickly, no problem - I can use PhilC's Clothing Creator suite to make a dress, top or trousers very quickly. Or I can model it in Blender from scratch, which I now find even more fun than starting with a quicksuit or base garment. And then I share it, and that is the most fun of all.

When I got into the Poser hobby, I never expected to be able to buy everything I need and not have to make clothes, props and scenes. I had no 3d skills then but my intention was always to learn to make my own clothes and textures.

I'll get round to Miki 4 eventually, but I am enjoying myself making clothes for Cynthia at the moment. I especially like making items for the less popular figures, or new figures that do not have much support yet.

Poser 11 Pro, Windows 10

Auxiliary Apps: Blender 2.79, Vue Complete 2016, Genetica 4 Pro, Gliftex 11 Pro, CorelDraw Suite X6, Comic Life 2, Project Dogwaffle Howler 8, Stitch Witch

PrecisionXXX ( ) posted Tue, 13 November 2012 at 12:18 PM

NIce work, EClark.  Looking forward to seeing it.

D.

The "I" in Doric is Silent.

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Tue, 13 November 2012 at 8:28 PM

I think another issue is that most vendors want to be able to have the figure exist for more than a year. Typically, with the Poser figures, they will be dead when the next version comes out. So you get about 18 months of possible sales tops and then the next badly supported figure is released and soon to be lost in the shuffle.

Zev0 ( ) posted Tue, 13 November 2012 at 11:46 PM

Not even 18 months lol.

My Renderosity Store

monkeycloud ( ) posted Wed, 14 November 2012 at 2:42 AM

I believe Lyrra is planning / working on a Developers Kit for Miki 4... and one for Tyler... which include "quicksuit" and "quickdress" meshes.

I've been learning some clothing modelling using Lyrra's kit for Alyson2/Anastasia/Shae.

Tinkering with a few different outfits for A2. The first one I started was, of course, overly elaborate. But its all about the learning curve ;-)

Its just a slow process for me... as I like spending time putting together scenes and rendering too, and I only have so much time available for this Posering hobby.

Anything like Lyrra's quicksuit kits that accelerate things are really critical, at the moment, to my doing anything like this.

So, I was waiting for her to release the Miki 4 and Tyler ones. Then I will definitely have a crack at making some Miki 4 clothing too.

I do think that more merchant resources are what these figures need, first and foremost, to help kickstart more content being made for them.

monkeycloud ( ) posted Wed, 14 November 2012 at 2:50 AM

By the way, A_'s skin merchant resource for Miki3 is on sale at RDNA at the mo for 60% off...

;-)

Anthanasius ( ) posted Wed, 14 November 2012 at 3:27 AM · edited Wed, 14 November 2012 at 3:27 AM

Dress, skirts, pants or tops, not really difficult for modelers, just waiting for idler or dx30 to have quality shoes :biggrin:

Génération mobiles Le Forum / Le Site

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Wed, 14 November 2012 at 4:14 AM

If a dev suit is a full footed version, then making shoes, boots etc. should be no problem.

All the best.

LROG

estherau ( ) posted Wed, 14 November 2012 at 6:43 AM

"

So much easier to complain about things not being there for this or that character, instead of getting down to the hard stuff and learning to do it for yourself."

Ha there is always someone that puts this comment in in these sorts of discussions.  Ah, I have been here way too long.

I would like to finish my graphic novel before I'm in the old age home, so make art content that I can buy is the only way I operate.

Love esther

PS it would be nice to see more characters for M4 in the MP.

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

RorrKonn ( ) posted Wed, 14 November 2012 at 6:51 AM

What is Miki's 4 Polycount ?

Is she all quads or does she have Tri's ?

Is her base pose T Bone ?

Any body care to post some soildwireframe shoots ?

Thanks

============================================================ 

The Artist that will fight for decades to conquer their media.
Even if you never know their name ,your know their Art.
Dark Sphere Mage Vengeance

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.