Mon, Jun 3, 8:49 AM CDT

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jun 03 8:12 am)

Subject: Render(something) is having a 25+% off sale on *everything* through 7/30

Gremalkyn ( ) posted Mon, 30 July 2012 at 12:13 AM · edited Thu, 18 April 2024 at 1:11 AM

Did not see a thread for this so I thought I would just mention it.  I check there once a week to see if they have anything new I might use and found the sale.

hornet3d ( ) posted Mon, 30 July 2012 at 5:10 AM

You're not ment to be looking at such sites.....you could go blind..or something like that.

Anyway thanks for the update, some of it is a bit extreme for me but there are still a few items that I can use in some of my sci-fi renders that I cannot get anywhere else.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.

FrankT ( ) posted Mon, 30 July 2012 at 1:29 PM

I take it you mean Renderotica ? (you can name it - just don't link to it)

My Freebies
Buy stuff on RedBubble

monkeycloud ( ) posted Mon, 30 July 2012 at 5:52 PM

Ah, I see... I had googled rendersomething.com earlier, but nothing came up :lol:

If it was renderobotica.com that was having the sale... then we'd be talking... I could use some new droids.

moriador ( ) posted Mon, 30 July 2012 at 7:10 PM

Hah. That domain is even available. Someone should snag it now. It would fill a much needed void. ;)

PoserPro 2014, PS CS5.5 Ext, Nikon D300. Win 8, i7-4770 @ 3.4 GHz, AMD Radeon 8570, 12 GB RAM.

monkeycloud ( ) posted Mon, 30 July 2012 at 7:18 PM

I almost registered the domain when I posted that.

But actually I just don't have time to run such a site... and I already own far too many domains that I don't use... someone else totally should do it though 😉

Eric Walters ( ) posted Mon, 30 July 2012 at 10:41 PM

HAHA! I still remember when it was all one place- some of the old Poserforum people are still there- I remember Dianethurgrif for instance. I thought it was a pay site now- are there still free forums?

monkeycloud ( ) posted Tue, 31 July 2012 at 6:28 AM

Quote - I almost registered the domain when I posted that.

But actually I just don't have time to run such a site... and I already own far too many domains that I don't use... someone else totally should do it though 😉

Ah well... no one else got in there... It's lunchtime, I was bored, so I thought I might as well:

http://www.renderobotica.com

😉

moriador ( ) posted Tue, 31 July 2012 at 7:01 AM

Awesome!

It is the start of big things for little droids. :)

PoserPro 2014, PS CS5.5 Ext, Nikon D300. Win 8, i7-4770 @ 3.4 GHz, AMD Radeon 8570, 12 GB RAM.

monkeycloud ( ) posted Tue, 31 July 2012 at 7:18 AM

He he... it says "check back soon" on the holding page... but it should probably say, "check back in a year from now and if the domain name's been renewed, there might be something more here"...

...still, I'd like to learn to make some figures myself in due course... and play with rigging in PP2012.

I reckon robots (certain formats anyway) are going to come a bit easier than humans... for so many reasons... and hence, I do feel a plan forming.

So... it may well become a robo-freebie distribution point, in the first instance, in due course 😉

First though, I still have that Tardisey interior to finish modelling...

Dale B ( ) posted Tue, 31 July 2012 at 6:57 PM

Quote - HAHA! I still remember when it was all one place- some of the old Poserforum people are still there- I remember Dianethurgrif for instance. I thought it was a pay site now- are there still free forums?

Not really. There is one set of galleries that are one time pay, but most of Rotica is still free. As are the forums.

Or course the CC companies are twisting the screws on 'objectionable' words and concepts, so any site with a store is in danger unless they hang their head and say 'yes, master'......

moriador ( ) posted Tue, 31 July 2012 at 7:14 PM

Adult sites are supposed to be considered "high risk", whatever that's supposed to mean.

Of course, online gambling, that's not risky at all.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.