Mon, Jun 3, 7:31 AM CDT

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jun 03 5:40 am)

Subject: Loading P7 (XP) onto Win 7 64 bit: Operation requires elevation

Gremalkyn ( ) posted Tue, 12 June 2012 at 12:43 PM · edited Sun, 19 November 2023 at 12:00 AM

When trying to load P7 (XP) onto my Win 7 64 bit, I ran into this:

"Error executing file.

D:InstallerPoser 7 Setup.exe

The requested operation requires elevation."

"To try and fix the problem, Windows has applied compatability settings to this program.  Windows will apply these settings the next time you run the program.

If you noticed that this program didn't run correctly, try running the program again."

I have tried to install it a couple of times and keep getting the first error message even after the supposed compatibility settings.  I have no idea what this means and a Google search just cross references a lot of pages that do not tell me how to "fix" it.

4Gb+ RAM, Intel quad core, plenty of space on the hard drive.  Would want it someplace other than Programs folder but never get that far.

wimvdb ( ) posted Tue, 12 June 2012 at 1:11 PM

Right click on the setup program and select "Run as Administrator" - that is wat elevation means here

WandW ( ) posted Tue, 12 June 2012 at 1:12 PM

Don't install it under C:/Program Files: install it into C:/poser or somesuch...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

Gremalkyn ( ) posted Tue, 12 June 2012 at 1:24 PM · edited Tue, 12 June 2012 at 1:36 PM

Thank you for that.  It would have been nice if the error mesage mentioned Administrator access. :-/

Edit 1:  I am installing to C:/Users/Public/ with it running as Administrator and compatable with XP.

Edit 2:  Install is complete and it loads with a fully dressed guy named Simon in the document window. :D

Now I get to play.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.