Mon, Jun 17, 6:02 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jun 16 8:21 pm)

Subject: Victoria 5 coming soon??

Believable3D ( ) posted Thu, 20 October 2011 at 12:13 AM

The library is extremely customizable.

Re smoothing: I've hardly used it with PP2012.

Hardware: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X/MSI MAG570 Tomahawk X570/Zotac Geforce GTX 1650 Super 4GB/32GB OLOy RAM

Software: Windows 10 Professional/Poser Pro 11/Photoshop/Postworkshop 3

bevans84 ( ) posted Thu, 20 October 2011 at 6:15 AM

file_474302.jpg

I think smoothing is important for low poly figures if you're going to render close ups or large render sizes .

17k poly V4, foreground smoothing on, background smoothing off

alexcoppo ( ) posted Thu, 20 October 2011 at 12:40 PM

file_474313.png

And now some... naked... monkeys (outside the temple). Suzanne (Blender mascot) in three versions:

• on the left, original mesh (500 faces), Poser crease angle 0 degrees,

• in the center, original mesh, crease angle 180 degrees,

• on the right, mesh subdivided once (1968 faces), crease angle 120 degrees.

I think that Poser seems quite good at smoothing mesh (perhaps even too much). The only faint signs of discontinuties in the right version are a few points on the edge of the head and ears. Even the center version would more than enough for a background character.

GIMP 2.7.4, Inkscape 0.48, Genetica 3.6 Basic, FilterForge 3 Professional, Blender 2.61, SketchUp 8, PoserPro 2012, Vue 10 Infinite, World Machine 2.3, GeoControl 2

greyson5 ( ) posted Thu, 20 October 2011 at 3:52 PM

I have just been warned by daz that as I said "Victoria 5 was just another genesis morph"  I have acted negativly & been threatened with loss of posting priviledges

3anson ( ) posted Thu, 20 October 2011 at 3:56 PM

Quote - I have just been warned by daz that as I said "Victoria 5 was just another genesis morph"  I have acted negativly & been threatened with loss of posting priviledges

yup, sounds about right. people have been banned, just because they have reservations about the apps or Genesis.

722 ( ) posted Thu, 20 October 2011 at 4:01 PM

V5 looks kind like S3

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Thu, 20 October 2011 at 4:07 PM

I have just been warned by daz that as I said "Victoria 5 was just another genesis morph"  I have acted negativly & been threatened with loss of posting priviledges.

Lots of people have had that one!!!! Just the bully boys at it again.

Seems like someone over there is getting a bit tetchy these days about things said on other sites.

All the best.

LROG

Who honors those we love for the very life we live?, Who sends monsters to kill us?, and at the same time sings that we will never die., Who teaches us whats real?, and how to laugh at lies?, Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?, Who chains us?, and Who holds the key that can set us free... It's You!, You have all the weapons you need., Now Fight!

wolf359 ( ) posted Thu, 20 October 2011 at 4:17 PM

The Daz Web servers that host their website are the private property of DAZ
They can Delete  posts, moderate threads ban people etc for ANY subjective reason like RENDO, RDNA ,CG Society or any other website on this planet
no news here.

Cheers

My website

YouTube Channel

Janl ( ) posted Thu, 20 October 2011 at 4:18 PM

Quote - I have just been warned by daz that as I said "Victoria 5 was just another genesis morph"  I have acted negativly & been threatened with loss of posting priviledges

:lol: Seems like anyone and everyone with an opinion not in line with their own is a deviant. :lol:

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Thu, 20 October 2011 at 4:20 PM

Except the other sites don't do it!!!! LOL.

Stay silent dont get banned, speak your free mind and be a trouble maker!!!

FREE MIND EVERY TIME!!!

Al lthe best.

LROG

Who honors those we love for the very life we live?, Who sends monsters to kill us?, and at the same time sings that we will never die., Who teaches us whats real?, and how to laugh at lies?, Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?, Who chains us?, and Who holds the key that can set us free... It's You!, You have all the weapons you need., Now Fight!

Male_M3dia ( ) posted Thu, 20 October 2011 at 4:21 PM

Not surprised, really. I was writing a response to it when your post was removed.

Here's the thing: You can disagree with something without sounding snarky and ill-behaved and misinformed, which was basically what your post was. People that lost their posting priviledges (aka banned) because they didn't know that distinction. Also following directions (such as being directed not to discuss a subject within a particular thread, yet you do it anyway, will get you in trouble.. as some have also learned.

If you want to have a conversations, by all means have one... but know how to compose your posts and know where exactly to do it.

By the way, you had said that Genesis needs to be accessible in more major programs... besides people exporting to C4D, here's a video of someone using Genesis in Maya using a experimental plugin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luXg07nntuQ

LadyRaine ( ) posted Thu, 20 October 2011 at 4:22 PM

Quote - The Daz Web servers that host their website are the private property of DAZ
They can Delete  posts, moderate threads ban people etc for ANY subjective reason like RENDO, RDNA ,CG Society or any other website on this planet
no news here.

Cheers

Yeah buts its just more likely to happen at this one forum then anywhere else :lol:

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Thu, 20 October 2011 at 4:23 PM

Oh the PM's have gone out!!!! LOL.

All the best.

LROG

LadyRaine ( ) posted Thu, 20 October 2011 at 4:24 PM

:lol: whatever back on topic still not getting v5 exporter or  not there are better figures coming out soon optimized for poser users so why waste my time with it

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Thu, 20 October 2011 at 4:31 PM

Is it me or does she look a bit butch????

http://forum.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=174914&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0&sid=eecca242c529cd5dd3e5bdff9827f2bf

All the best.

LROG

mousso ( ) posted Thu, 20 October 2011 at 4:54 PM

I think she looks good. Better than any poser figure I been working with so far.

One thing I dont like is the elbow, but that may be the lighting.

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Thu, 20 October 2011 at 4:55 PM

The 2nd butch V4 render is based on:-

noel fielding!!!!!!! LOL.

All the best.

LROG

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Thu, 20 October 2011 at 4:57 PM

The first butch render of V5 reminds me of John Inman when he used to dress up as a woman in Are You Being Served!!!!! LOL.

All the best.

LROG

Zev0 ( ) posted Thu, 20 October 2011 at 5:19 PM

They posted a couple of new renders on page 30. She has a lovely face...

My Renderosity Store

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Thu, 20 October 2011 at 5:26 PM

Still not impressed, can do better with V4.

All the best.

LROG

SnowSultan ( ) posted Thu, 20 October 2011 at 5:44 PM

Would it be OK if V5 supporters went into the Antonia thread and jammed it up with "not impressed!" and "I could do better with ____" posts?

And you wonder why I and other DS users push back against this crap?

SnowS

my DeviantArt page: http://snowsultan.deviantart.com/

I do not speak as a representative of DAZ, I speak only as a long-time member here. Be nice (and quit lying about DAZ) and I'll be nice too.

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Thu, 20 October 2011 at 5:47 PM

My thoughts are my thoughts.

I was waiting to be impressed, I wasn't, I'm not going to lie to smooth the brow of DAZ3D.

All the best.

LROG

wimvdb ( ) posted Thu, 20 October 2011 at 5:56 PM

She looks nice.

I would buy her if she were a Poser figure.

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Thu, 20 October 2011 at 5:57 PM

To each their own, and to each the ability to speak freely without the fear of banning.

All the best.

LROG

SnowSultan ( ) posted Thu, 20 October 2011 at 6:00 PM

No one's expecting you to 'smooth the brow of DAZ3d', but do you really have to post five times in an hour about how butch you think she looks? This is what I hope you understand, and what I really wish you would try to share with your supporters - how would you feel if someone came into a thread about the figures or software creator you support and posted five times about how Poser sucks or Antonia won't be any better than Renda (remember her)? You would be as frustrated as I get.

SnowS

I do not speak as a representative of DAZ, I speak only as a long-time member here. Be nice (and quit lying about DAZ) and I'll be nice too.

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Thu, 20 October 2011 at 6:05 PM

Hate to say it, but it's a free world, you could do that.

Is there anything I have said that is against the TOS here?

No.

I am a free thinker, I stand by what I say.

All the best.

LROG

722 ( ) posted Thu, 20 October 2011 at 6:11 PM

Quote - They posted a couple of new renders on page 30. She has a lovely face...

wow i agree her face is beautiful   im imprest

SnowSultan ( ) posted Thu, 20 October 2011 at 6:12 PM · edited Thu, 20 October 2011 at 6:14 PM

I know I can, but it's hardly a decent thing to do. And what's not fair is if someone did, you'd act like it was a crime against humanity while you continue to do the exact same thing to DAZ-related threads.

Of course you can do whatever you want, but it was nice and calm for that week when you guys focused on work and helping each other rather than yelling about what DAZ is doing.

SnowS

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Thu, 20 October 2011 at 6:19 PM

It's not decent either to warn people not to say things otherwise they will be banned.

People have fought and died for free speech.

If I feel something is wrong, I will say so, others will do as they want.

We give info and let others do what they will, we have never told anyone at FGPLus to be quiet otherwise they will be banned.

You don't like what is being said there, well I don't like what is being said to people on a certain site.

All the best.

LROG

lkendall ( ) posted Thu, 20 October 2011 at 6:29 PM · edited Thu, 20 October 2011 at 6:30 PM

But...

There is a DAZ3D FORUM here,

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showforum.php?forum_id=12452

This is the POSER FORUM, and V5 will be a DAZ Studio figure only, NOT a POSER enabled figure. No promise of using a merely Genesis morphed character (such as V5) in Poser (however crippled) is as yet realized, the promises of something soon from DAZ not withstanding.

Considering this, maybe you can understand the feeling of ownership that Poser users have about threads in this forum. What you write would be more valid if this thread were in the DAZ3D Forum, but, it isn't.

Still, I prefer civil discussions, and folks are not required to read this thread, if it really irritates them. Hostility settles nothing.

lmk

Probably edited for spelling, grammer, punctuation, or typos.

3anson ( ) posted Thu, 20 October 2011 at 6:33 PM

well, i think V5 is quite pretty, and well proportioned ( from what i could see) but unfortunately, as she will not be a standalone weightmapped( or otherwise) figure, i will not be using her.

JenX ( ) posted Thu, 20 October 2011 at 6:36 PM
  1. What goes on at other sites needs to stay there.  If you want to complain about DAZ's staff, do it elsewhere. It is not welcome here.

2. If you do not like the topic in a thread, you are welcome to click the back button on your browser to get out of it, and never post in it or read it again.  Complaining about a thread in the thread will, at the very least, get eyerolls, and, if it's worded strongly enough, be considered trolling.

3. This thread is becoming a circuitous argument.  If we cannot civilly discuss the topic, I may as well lock the thread.  I'd rather not, but, I'd also rather not babysit THIS thread when there are many others to read here.

Jeni

Sitemail | Freestuff | Craftythings | Youtube|

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it into a fruit salad.

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Thu, 20 October 2011 at 6:40 PM

Free speech does not require a babysitter.

All the best.

LROG

JenX ( ) posted Thu, 20 October 2011 at 6:44 PM

This is a private website, so all speech must abide by the TOS.

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it into a fruit salad.

Demon2330 ( ) posted Thu, 20 October 2011 at 6:45 PM

I am going to watch this one because it might be a good thing I have not removed DAZ studio off my system if she's not going to work with PP2010.

But i am going to stay with V4 until I get a good idea the differences because I am struggling to find that many but the fact it will be genesis will make certain aspects easier.

Desktop : AMD FX4100 , GT-630 1GB, 4x BD-RE , AOC e2343 23in LED Monitor , 1TB External (120mb/s write speed)(stores my all poser stuff and photo's from camera) and 1TB internal HDD

P2010 , P2012 , P2014 , Reality 3 , Max 2014 , Lightwave 11 , Showcase 2014 

Website @ www.steadyrabbitdesign.freezoy.com (New site still under construction) & Dev art : Tim2700

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Thu, 20 October 2011 at 6:52 PM

This is a private website, so all speech must abide by the TOS.

Nothing I habe said is against the TOS.

Is saying that V5 looks butch against the TOS??

Is it wrong to say that people are scared to say things in case they get banned**?**

Do I go into the DAZ section of the forum and ask why their program cannot use Miki3? No I make comments inthe Poser section, because I have Poser Pro 2012.

Please point out where I have said anything against the TOS.

All the best.

LROG**

JenX ( ) posted Thu, 20 October 2011 at 7:14 PM

I didn't say you said anything in violation of the TOS, Richard, just pointed out that, being a private website, free speech only stretches as far as the TOS does.  

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Thu, 20 October 2011 at 7:23 PM

Thanks Jan, I was just making sure. It's just odd that Studio users constantly appear in Poser threads extoling the virtue of Stduio.

I don't see Poser users going into the Studio section to make comments about extotlng the virtues of Poser.

It's like going into a chemist and complaing that they don't sell suits.

All the best.

LROG

JenX ( ) posted Thu, 20 October 2011 at 7:25 PM

It's not that users are going to different parts of the site interrupting threads.  It's starting to feel like site fights, and I'm kind of over it from everyone.  I just wish we could all grok that not everyone thinks the same way.  When the monkeys in the zoo start flinging poo, it's not long until everyone's covered in it.  The same applies with arguments on the internet.

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Thu, 20 October 2011 at 7:36 PM

Can we have a monkey poo throwing forum?????? LOL. Just kidding, but it might be fun!!! LOL.

All the best.

LROG

Demon2330 ( ) posted Thu, 20 October 2011 at 7:56 PM · edited Thu, 20 October 2011 at 7:58 PM

Sorry if mucked up in my comment , I am a poser user sorry if it came over that I am a daz studio user posting in the wrong section and trying to pick a fight with everyone I hate confornation.

Desktop : AMD FX4100 , GT-630 1GB, 4x BD-RE , AOC e2343 23in LED Monitor , 1TB External (120mb/s write speed)(stores my all poser stuff and photo's from camera) and 1TB internal HDD

P2010 , P2012 , P2014 , Reality 3 , Max 2014 , Lightwave 11 , Showcase 2014 

Website @ www.steadyrabbitdesign.freezoy.com (New site still under construction) & Dev art : Tim2700

lmckenzie ( ) posted Thu, 20 October 2011 at 8:13 PM

One of the best aspects of this forum has always been that people could discuss not only all things 3D, but everything from the nature of art to aliens coming to Jesua. For the most part, it has been done with not too much acrimony. I understand thar artists are passionate people. I do not understand how loyalty to a piece of software can lead people to such emotional turmoil.

"Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance." - H. L. Mencken

Penguinisto ( ) posted Thu, 20 October 2011 at 8:47 PM

Quote -
People have fought and died for free speech.

No, people have fought and died for this:

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

(...what am I quoting? Guess.)

Notice the first word in that sentence... Congress. There's approximately bupkis in there about DAZ, Renderosity, SmithMicro, Renderotica, Wal-Mart, The local strip club, Joe's Diner, or, well, anywhere that's considered private property.

What people did not fight and die for was this nebulous right you concocted that allows one to be repeatedly rude and bothersome. 

Quote - If I feel something is wrong, I will say so, others will do as they want.

...and if some of us feel that you're being wrong, please be so kind as to recognize that we have the same "right" to call you on it.

Quote - We give info and let others do what they will, we have never told anyone at FGPLus to be quiet otherwise they will be banned.

Welcome to Renderosity, DAZ3d, Thralldom, 3dCommune, PoserPros, and even (due to some rare subjects and behaviors) Renderotica. Here's a clue: They've all banned people. They've all kicked users. They've all deleted threads. No need to think you're special in that aspect or anything, y'know?

Mind you, I'm not saying this out of malice. I'm trying to get you to think for a moment. Please do so.

coldrake ( ) posted Thu, 20 October 2011 at 8:59 PM

greyson5 wrote:

Having previously read other posts of yours, I'm not surprised. Why not post everything you said instead of just a tiny snippit?**

Janl wrote:

Quote - > Quote - I have just been warned by daz that as I said "Victoria 5 was just another genesis morph"  I have acted negativly & been threatened with loss of posting priviledges

:lol: Seems like anyone and everyone with an opinion not in line with their own is a deviant. :lol:

Sounds like a few people around here.

3anson wrote:

Quote - > Quote - I have just been warned by daz that as I said "Victoria 5 was just another genesis morph"  I have acted negativly & been threatened with loss of posting priviledges

yup, sounds about right. people have been banned, just because they have reservations about the apps or Genesis.

Completely untrue.

paganeagle2001 wrote:

Quote - Free speech does not require a babysitter.

You're not free speech.

paganeagle2001 wrote:

Quote - Still not impressed, can do better with V4.

Trust me, no one expected you to be impressed.

paganeagle2001 wrote

Quote - It's not decent either to warn people not to say things otherwise they will be banned

Sure it is. It's better than not warning them, but a warning certainly isn't necessary.

Quote - People have fought and died for free speech.

In a privately owned forum you don't have a constitutional right to free speech.

Male_M3dia wrote:

Quote - Here's the thing: You can disagree with something without sounding snarky and ill-behaved and misinformed, which was basically what your post was. People that lost their posting priviledges (aka banned) because they didn't know that distinction. Also following directions (such as being directed not to discuss a subject within a particular thread, yet you do it anyway, will get you in trouble.. as some have also learned. If you want to have a conversations, by all means have one... but know how to compose your posts and know where exactly to do it.

Well said. Unfortunately some people just don't get it, and never will.

Coldrake

Janl ( ) posted Thu, 20 October 2011 at 9:06 PM · edited Thu, 20 October 2011 at 9:07 PM

Quote - Notice the first word in that sentence... Congress.

How quaint! The United States Constitution means absolutely nothing to most of the world. :lol:

Penguinisto ( ) posted Thu, 20 October 2011 at 9:22 PM

Quote -
How quaint! The United States Constitution means absolutely nothing to most of the world. :lol:

Agreed, but usually when the cry of "free speech!" arises, that's usually what gets referred to. And, since the sites in question are parked here, well... it's usually easier to stick with the jurisdiction. ;)

Janl ( ) posted Thu, 20 October 2011 at 9:29 PM

Maybe in the USA but not from elsewhere in the world and as these sites cater for the WHOLE world then you cannot say everyone is referring to it when they talk about freedom of speech. :lol:

Penguinisto ( ) posted Thu, 20 October 2011 at 9:37 PM · edited Thu, 20 October 2011 at 9:38 PM

Quote - Maybe in the USA but not from elsewhere in the world and as these sites cater for the WHOLE world...

...the sites in question are still subject to one particular set of laws, based on a political entity located somewhere in the middle of North America.

Quote - ...then you cannot say everyone is referring to it when they talk about freedom of speech. :lol:

...if I actually said "everyone", you might have had a point.

JenX ( ) posted Thu, 20 October 2011 at 9:38 PM

Regardless, on no privately-owned forum does anyone have 100% freedom of speech. 

With any speech comes the responsibility to deal with the possible consequences that comes from said speech.  

I don't have the right to insult you and expect you to not be offended, and vice versa.

I don't have the right to outright lie and expect you to not be mad when you find out the truth.

I don't have the right to commit libel.

I don't have the right to infringe on your Intellectual Property.

I don't have the right to put words in your mouth.

See, all of the above seem like common sense.  However, when you get people together on the internet, common sense is left behind with the forgotten left sock.  No one can find any to use it, and the world's colder without it.

In the end, when you sign up for membership to a website, you agree to abide by the Terms of Service of the site.  When on that site, THAT is the law you abide by, at the very least.

JenX ( ) posted Thu, 20 October 2011 at 9:39 PM

Anyway, if we are done discussing V5, I would actually rather close this thread (not delete it, don't worry, the information will still be here) than let it run loose and have more attacks fling left and right.  However, if we still want to discuss V5, potential applications of V5 and Genesis in Poser, and the like IN A CIVIL MANNER, I will leave this thread open.  I'll be here until 11:30pm EST.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.