Sun, May 19, 10:34 AM CDT

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 May 19 7:17 am)

Subject: BagginsBill, I need you again!

GeneralNutt ( ) posted Tue, 06 April 2010 at 10:52 PM

Well if your making shapes, how about a bottle of Jack?

estherau ( ) posted Wed, 07 April 2010 at 4:58 AM

I thought it was a party for teenagers BB????

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

kobaltkween ( ) posted Wed, 07 April 2010 at 5:39 AM

Quote -
I need to work on the base geometry. It doesn't work well with IDL. That tiny space is a problem for Poser.

does it help to scale up?  i know Poser's scale is so tiny it causes problems in other applications.  i still remember someone pointing out that it even creates problems in Firefly.

FranOnTheEdge ( ) posted Sun, 28 October 2012 at 6:37 PM

Quote - Well here's a solution to the artifact problem - hide them in a patterned surface that looks noisy anyway. chuckle

I can't stop making shapes.

I just went to your freestuff site in the hopes of finding that collection of different glass shapes available for download - unfortunately they were not there, and in looking around the site I found that almost everything else I looked at was not available either. GenIBL Generator, Environment Sphere, Orbs, all are not downloadable - is there some password needed? or foe to vanquish? or other devilish task required before one can download?

I originally came here because I too need to turn an opaque mat into a glass mat in Poser (5).

I can do it, no trouble in Bryce, or Cinema, but Poser seems to ignore the index of refraction for glass (1.53) and renders just pure white, no matter what I do.

And in my case - interesting though the wine glasses are - I need the actual settings, not a wine glass created by someone else, as my glass is in a lantern I wish to sell (my first) so I need to apply the correct (for Poser5) settings for glass for the glass panels of the lantern - and I have lots of lanterns - some with a stained glass design, some plain glass, plus the glass of the light bulbs too.

Help?

Measure your mind's height
by the shade it casts.

Robert Browning (Paracelsus)

Fran's Freestuff

http://franontheedge.blogspot.com/

http://www.FranOnTheEdge.com

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Sun, 28 October 2012 at 7:00 PM

erm first I'd update off Poser 5, (which is nearly 10 years old now), to at least Poser 8... preferably Poser 9... there's some real improvements in the shader ability since 5 ...

FranOnTheEdge ( ) posted Sun, 23 December 2012 at 6:08 AM

Well, Khai-J-Bach, it's looking like it could be 4 - 6 months before I even might be able to buy Poseranything, 7, 8, 9, or whatever.  I'd rather work with what I have now - in case I die before the 4-6 months are up.

Measure your mind's height
by the shade it casts.

Robert Browning (Paracelsus)

Fran's Freestuff

http://franontheedge.blogspot.com/

http://www.FranOnTheEdge.com

RobynsVeil ( ) posted Sun, 23 December 2012 at 1:09 PM

Wow, Fran, just had a look at your blogspot - you're one of those people who do everything possible with an app... and then some!! Incredibly well-done. You might want to have a look at Blender if you really want to spread your wings.

Not sure if I'd mentioned purplus.net to you in the past, for good prices on Poser? Just a thought...

Monterey/Mint21.x/Win10 - Blender3.x - PP11.3(cm) - Musescore3.6.2

Wir sind gewohnt, daß die Menschen verhöhnen was sie nicht verstehen
[it is clear that humans have contempt for that which they do not understand] 

Metaphor of Chooks

primorge ( ) posted Sun, 23 December 2012 at 5:34 PM

...Probably the first thing you would want to do is change the focal on your camera settings so that your image doesn't look like it's being seen through the visual perspective of an amoeba! (unless your intentionally going for the fisheye effect). Try 75 to 100, more flattering for a still life.

Shadow_Fyre ( ) posted Fri, 29 June 2018 at 3:43 PM

Does anyone, or @bagginsbill, have the glass prop offered in this post? I need a good glass shader and it's on the prop. Or the glass shader in this post? Subject: Glass and Indirect Lighting

seachnasaigh ( ) posted Fri, 29 June 2018 at 9:13 PM

For what render engine? I could gather the tulip glasses and bottles from the "Have a seat, have a sip" renders. I'd need to move them to zero (the enviro of that scene is huge, and that treetop is ~75 Poser units away and ~16 PNU up), and maybe remove the metallic script.

The glasses and bottles have "thickness", and the fluid meshes are topologically closed.

Poser 12, in feet.  

OSes:  Win7Prox64, Win7Ultx64

Silo Pro 2.5.6 64bit, Vue Infinite 2014.7, Genetica 4.0 Studio, UV Mapper Pro, UV Layout Pro, PhotoImpact X3, GIF Animator 5

Shadow_Fyre ( ) posted Fri, 29 June 2018 at 9:58 PM

seachnasaigh posted at 7:57PM Fri, 29 June 2018 - #4332500

For what render engine? I could gather the tulip glasses and bottles from the "Have a seat, have a sip" renders. I'd need to move them to zero (the enviro of that scene is huge, and that treetop is ~75 Poser units away and ~16 PNU up), and maybe remove the metallic script.

The glasses and bottles have "thickness", and the fluid meshes are topologically closed.

Thank you seachnasaigh, I'll be using Firefly. I'm not even close to trying Superfly.

seachnasaigh ( ) posted Sat, 30 June 2018 at 8:34 PM

I didn't make Firefly materials for these, since I only intended to use Superfly, but you might be able to use the meshes, by applying materials from this thread.

bottles and tulip glasses

Poser 12, in feet.  

Silo Pro 2.5.6 64bit, Vue Infinite 2014.7, Genetica 4.0 Studio, UV Mapper Pro, UV Layout Pro, PhotoImpact X3, GIF Animator 5

Shadow_Fyre ( ) posted Sun, 01 July 2018 at 1:13 AM

Thanks for the help and the zip. I will check out those posts. I know I resurrected an old thread but man, it's so frustrating to being so close to BB's shaders but either pictures are missing or zips aren't available anymore. Especially when I see the progress in a thread with shader development with all the cool pictures and then no shader. If only I didn't skip using Poser between the years 2008 and now!

seachnasaigh ( ) posted Mon, 02 July 2018 at 5:57 AM

The items in the following links were made just as P9/Pro2012 were nearing release, so the materials are Firefly. Maybe you'll find the materials usable.

wine bottles

coffee carafe and mug

Poser 12, in feet.  

Shadow_Fyre ( ) posted Mon, 02 July 2018 at 9:32 AM

seachnasaigh posted at 7:31AM Mon, 02 July 2018 - #4332603

The items in the following links were made just as P9/Pro2012 were nearing release, so the materials are Firefly. Maybe you'll find the materials usable.

You are very helpful, thank you. I appreciate it!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.