Mon, Jun 17, 8:59 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photoshop

Welcome to the Photoshop Forum

Forum Moderators: Wolfenshire, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photoshop F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jun 15 9:32 pm)

Our mission is to provide an open community and unique environment where anyone interested in learning more about Adobe Photoshop can share their experience and knowledge, post their work for review and critique by their peers, and learn new techniques while developing the skills that allow each individual to realize their own unique artistic vision. We do not limit this forum to any style of work, and we strongly encourage people of all levels and interests to participate.

Are you up to the challenge??
Sharpen your Photoshop skill with this monthly challenge...

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Looking for a magazine

Lucie ( ) posted Mon, 22 February 2010 at 5:36 PM · edited Mon, 29 April 2024 at 12:20 AM

Just after the holidays I went to Chapters and saw this photoshop magazine with loads of tutorials in it, I think it must have been a special edition because it was kinda thick (it was just between a book and a magazine really, but I'll call it a magazine cause it was with all the magazines... ;) )  and more pricey then usual, around 40$ Canadian if I remember well, not that pricey though considering it was at least twice as thick as a regular mag.  I was very tempted to get it but couldn't afford it then so I thought I'd take a chance and wait.  I went back there over the week-end planning on getting it and crossing my fingers that it would still be there even though it was several weeks ago, but it was not there anymore.  ARRRGGHHH!!!  I knew I shouldn't have waited!  I thought I'd try to find it online but I've just spent the past 90 minutes looking for it and I can't find it... 

Here's the problem, I don't know the name of the magazine.  What I remember though is in it there was a tutorial to make really striking steampunk typography (It really was awesome!), I'm pretty sure that typography was on the cover of the magazine too.  So I thought I'd ask in here if this Steampunk typography in a fairly recent thick magazine strikes a bell with some of you photoshop lovers?  I know...  I'm not giving you much hey?  But maybe one of you bought this magazine and know exactly what I'm talking about and could give me some more specific info about it that would help me find it? 

I would appreciate any help, I really regret not buying it right away back in january... 

Lucie
finfond.net
finfond.net (store)

Quest ( ) posted Mon, 22 February 2010 at 7:06 PM

Attached Link: http://www.photoshopcreative.co.uk/emags.php

Check here...maybe...perhaps...

Lucie ( ) posted Mon, 22 February 2010 at 9:16 PM

Ahhhhhhhhh!  Thanks Quest!  It's not Photoshop Creative but I found it through there, it's one of Advanced Photoshop bookazines, not too sure which one it was that I saw, but there's only the 4th one available anyway, the others are out of stock so I'll go for that one. :)  Much cheaper then at Chapters too although I'll probably pay the difference in shipping... 

Lucie
finfond.net
finfond.net (store)

Quest ( ) posted Tue, 23 February 2010 at 8:42 AM · edited Tue, 23 February 2010 at 8:44 AM

LOL...I realized I gave you the wrong link after rereading your reply post....my bad! But I'm glad I was able to help in some indirect way. curious...which mag was it anyway? I have seen some pretty neat steampunk tuts on my way to research the Photoshop Creative web site...although I remember seeing some such steampunk article on the mag stands at Barnes & Noble and have copies of Photoshop Creative, Advanced Photoshop, 3D World and Imagine FX all over the place here I found it quicker to google it...at least I thought it would be.

:b_funny:

Lucie ( ) posted Tue, 23 February 2010 at 9:44 AM

Well the one bookazine that they still have in stock is Advanced Photoshop Premium Collection no 4, it doesn't say if the steampunk typo tutorial is in there though so I'm not sure it's the same book I saw back in january.  However I have found the Steampunk Typography tutorial in their issue 59 of the Advanced Photoshop magazine (out of stock) so I'm pretty sure it's a Advanced Photoshop bookazine I saw back then because that tutorial was also in the book.  So I'm taking a chance and getting the book, if it's the one I saw a few weeks ago, that would be great because I would have liked to try the typo tut but if not, no biggie, I'm sure I'll find other interesting things to try and play with in it.  :)

Lucie
finfond.net
finfond.net (store)

Quest ( ) posted Tue, 23 February 2010 at 9:53 AM

Well, I just gave a quick look-see around and I don't have issue 59...as a matter of fact it looks like issue 51 was my last purchase of that mag. Just thought I might be able to give you a heads up on it's contents but sorry...it's a no-go. Good luck!

Lucie ( ) posted Tue, 23 February 2010 at 9:18 PM

Oh that's good, you've helped me plenty already, I really appreciate!  :)  I downloaded the tutorial files yesterday for the typography tut of that issue (they are available on the site for those who loose or break the CD)  and it's definitely the one.  :) 

Lucie
finfond.net
finfond.net (store)

Miss B ( ) posted Thu, 25 February 2010 at 3:32 PM

Hey Lucie:

I just checked out the Advanced Photoshop site because I don't subscribe but often pick up a copy at the Barnes & Noble near my house.  Anyway, I just found this page that lists old issues that can be purchased, and it seems to go back to Issue 16, so if you want Issue 59 (with the Steampunk image on the cover), it's there -- >  www.imagineshop.co.uk/products_show.php

OK . . . Where's my chocolate?

Butterfly Dezignz

Lucie ( ) posted Thu, 25 February 2010 at 3:57 PM

Yes, that's where I had seen it, it's listed, but issue 16 to issue 59  there's a red button on the side that says "out of stock", only issue 60 to 66 are available.

Lucie
finfond.net
finfond.net (store)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.