Mon, Jun 17, 7:23 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photoshop

Welcome to the Photoshop Forum

Forum Moderators: Wolfenshire, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photoshop F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jun 15 9:32 pm)

Our mission is to provide an open community and unique environment where anyone interested in learning more about Adobe Photoshop can share their experience and knowledge, post their work for review and critique by their peers, and learn new techniques while developing the skills that allow each individual to realize their own unique artistic vision. We do not limit this forum to any style of work, and we strongly encourage people of all levels and interests to participate.

Are you up to the challenge??
Sharpen your Photoshop skill with this monthly challenge...

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: photoshop cs3 and windows 7

Lucie ( ) posted Tue, 29 December 2009 at 11:54 PM · edited Wed, 27 March 2024 at 9:33 PM

My computer died on me a couple of days ago so I had to go and get a new one.  I used to have Windows XP and never had any problems with it, but this new computer comes with Windows 7 and I'm having something weird happen when I install photoshop CS3 extended.  The program will install fine and I was able to download and install the updates for it, but if I turn off or restart my computer I loose my internet connection, only way I've been able to get my internet back is by uninstalling photoshop and rebooting again.  I tried 4 times so far and I always get the same result, if I reboot my computer after I install ps cs3 extended, I loose my internet, if I uninstall it, I get my internet back. 

I've done a search to see if others had the same problem, found lots of people who can't install it at all on Windows 7 but that's not exactly what's happening to me, it installs all right and works fine, I just loose my internet when I restart my computer after the installation and well...  I can't really install and uninstall everytime I need either photoshop or my internet.  Has anyone encountered the same problem or has any idea of what could be causing this?

Lucie
finfond.net
finfond.net (store)

ejn ( ) posted Wed, 30 December 2009 at 2:52 AM

Sounds like Mr Gates has created another nightmare...nothing new there then

Lucie ( ) posted Wed, 30 December 2009 at 8:21 AM

Yes really...  It seems like everytime a new Windows comes along it gets more complicated and has more glitches then the previous one.  I had heard good comments about Windows 7 though but for now I have to say I'm not too impressed, I wish I had my XP back.

Lucie
finfond.net
finfond.net (store)

spedler ( ) posted Wed, 30 December 2009 at 9:29 AM
bonestructure ( ) posted Wed, 30 December 2009 at 2:37 PM

How odd. I have CS3 on my laptop, which runs win7, which I do not like, but haven't had any problems with. And I do have the bonjour file in my program files.On the other hand, I'm still using a dialup connection, so that may make a difference.

Talent is God's gift to you. Using it is your gift to God.

Lucie ( ) posted Wed, 30 December 2009 at 3:45 PM

Spedler, you're my hero and if you were right beside me I think I'd kiss you!    It worked like a charm!  This makes me so happy that it's finally fixed.

Bonestructure, go figure...  I'm on cable so maybe it is the kind of connection, who knows...

Lucie
finfond.net
finfond.net (store)

spedler ( ) posted Thu, 31 December 2009 at 4:04 AM

Glad it worked okay! It is odd because it doesn't seem to affect all installations. I never had a problem on Vista with Illustrator CS3, which also installs Bonjour, but I disabled it on principle because I don't like unknown/unwanted services running. Fortunately CS4 doesn't install Bonjour as a service, so if you upgrade, the problem shouldn't recur.

I do think though that Adobe might have asked permission before installing it, because it isn't needed on Windows systems in the vast majority of cases. And they didn't even write it, it's an Apple product.

Steve

Rutra ( ) posted Wed, 06 January 2010 at 11:41 AM

Quote - "Sounds like Mr Gates has created another nightmare...nothing new there then"

My biggest nightmares with Windows weren't caused by Mr. Gates, but rather by Mr. Jobs. This case of Bonjour in this thread is yet another example. I also had massive problems with iTunes in my Windows, for example.
In the Vue forum it's also much more common to hear people complaining about problems in Vue running in Mac than in Windows. Likewise regarding Zbrush.
I would say the biggest nightmare for Windows users... is Apple. :-)

bonestructure ( ) posted Wed, 06 January 2010 at 1:55 PM

I'm so glad when I had my new computer built that I also got a still brand new hasn't been opened copy of XP pro. I don't mind win 7 on my laptop, but on my working computer it just wouldn't do. Especially since a few of the programs I use go all the way back to win 98 and will not work on win 7.

Talent is God's gift to you. Using it is your gift to God.

Lucie ( ) posted Wed, 06 January 2010 at 5:33 PM

Yup...  I'm finding out that a lot of my old stuff isn't working anymore, I either have to upgrade or buy the newer versions and that is when upgrades or newer versions that work in Windows 7 are available, many of them aren't, not yet anyway.

Lucie
finfond.net
finfond.net (store)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.